Trading forum is dead

Mjsechrest

So many months ago we had an active trading forum and there were lots of things being traded around on pve and Pvp likewise. I've come to the realization that it's completely dead. All of it just multiple posts selling the same things and no replies even. People wanting to "rent" unicorns and breed them , then saying how they will use them to make profit and sell them spayed and neutered. Plenty of scams as well going on. It's just pathetic. Has the community become this averse and paranoid about trading ? Or is there simply no trading to be done anymore? I think the problem is there is nothing of value to be traded anymore. Who wants an ascendant fab sniper Bp when it cost 4K poly to make. No one wants to transport 6000 ingots either , it's usually just a hassle. Theres only a handful of items that are actually worth trading for but no one seems to have a set value or even an idea of what they want , and they leave it up to you to figure it out. Also people asking insane prices for things, like the 285 melee giga eggs for 200 auto turrets. I just feel like there needs to be some kind of universal currency again but people just ask ridiculous prices for things. I wanted to buy jm therizino Bp , guess how much. 7k electronics , and he got mad after I said that was too much and said that if I waste his time again he would raid me. It's just pretty bad off. Maybe as a community we could fix some of these problems with novel ideas 

Trade Forum works fine.  I use it alot and get replied to frequently, although generally the replies come in the form of Steam Messages or messages here on ARK, not replies in the forums themselves.  No one wants to know your on server  The Island 9186 and you just traded a Giga for a Asc Fab Sniper Rifle with 280% Damage and a Asc Fab Sniper Rifle BP.

That might make you something of a target.

Notice : I no longer have said BP or Rifle.....please do not wipe me.

They should rework armor, weps, and saddle blueprints and lower the requirements to make them. Make them like fishing rods with only X amount of crafts. Doesn't have to be 3, but maybe varying from 5-7 crafts.

I believe this will definitely increase the trading rate among players. May not be liked by many players but would make cave runs and drop hunting alot more worthy.

Truth be told I think a lot of the death of the forums is people trading with repeat-buyers.  We've all started getting our reliable customers/trade partners and we contact them before posting anything directly because we already have good trade relationships in both directions. We end up trading everything before we have new things to put up for sale!

the main thing I see nowadays is capitalism

a whole lot of capitalism

people asking for borderline hacked bp, insanely bunch of ingots/polymer, or just crazily bred dinos.

there is just no way casual players can get to trade with these people. on my server the big tribes are so big, every time the small tribes wants to offer a trade for some of their eggs the big tribes simply says "what can you give that I don't already have"

so some kind of in game currency is much needed. more than barter trades those currency will be much better. but of course expect much more capitalism to surface due to this, but at least you can now sell a million primitive stone pick to a NPC and exchange them for a new shiny birthday suit

44 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

there is just no way casual players can get to trade with these people. on my server the big tribes are so big, every time the small tribes wants to offer a trade for some of their eggs the big tribes simply says "what can you give that I don't already have"

unless those are titanboa eggs. And larger tribe didnt dupe theirs.

There's nothing I would bother trading for, personally.  A lot of people will just spawn items/dinos into their unofficial server, transfer it to an Obelisk and sell it off on someone else's server that allows downloads.  I can do that myself, should I ever want to, so "paying" someone else for an item/dino is never going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Coggage said:

There's nothing I would bother trading for, personally.  A lot of people will just spawn items/dinos into their unofficial server, transfer it to an Obelisk and sell it off on someone else's server that allows downloads.  I can do that myself, should I ever want to, so "paying" someone else for an item/dino is never going to happen.

You're missing the point of official servers.. ofc no one would trade trough unofficials.

11 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

So many months ago we had an active trading forum and there were lots of things being traded around on pve and Pvp likewise. I've come to the realization that it's completely dead. All of it just multiple posts selling the same things and no replies even. People wanting to "rent" unicorns and breed them , then saying how they will use them to make profit and sell them spayed and neutered. Plenty of scams as well going on. It's just pathetic. Has the community become this averse and paranoid about trading ? Or is there simply no trading to be done anymore? I think the problem is there is nothing of value to be traded anymore. Who wants an ascendant fab sniper Bp when it cost 4K poly to make. No one wants to transport 6000 ingots either , it's usually just a hassle. Theres only a handful of items that are actually worth trading for but no one seems to have a set value or even an idea of what they want , and they leave it up to you to figure it out. Also people asking insane prices for things, like the 285 melee giga eggs for 200 auto turrets. I just feel like there needs to be some kind of universal currency again but people just ask ridiculous prices for things. I wanted to buy jm therizino Bp , guess how much. 7k electronics , and he got mad after I said that was too much and said that if I waste his time again he would raid me. It's just pretty bad off. Maybe as a community we could fix some of these problems with novel ideas 

thats what you get when kids are in charge. 

This is a little off topic to this post but I'd recommend joining some Facebook trade forums, very active and friendly people (mostly), there are always trade deals going in the one me and a tribe member are in...But I always check the trade forums on here first unless a tribe member says they wanted something very specific for breeding...*Hope this sort off helped anyone, even if it's irrelevant :)

I don't think people understand a currency on its own won't do anything! People trade because they get immediate value out of that trade be it a bp or a Dino nobody would trade for a currency that then has to be used to get something else or not even be able as people would assign it a value of 0 unless it had an in game use. And of course we would be back where we are now and if so how would the currency be distributed if it was craftable or lootable with no sink we would just get massive inflation reducing the value of the currency further.

i myself think there is less trading because it's too easy to get anything of value.

1 hour ago, GravitronX said:

I don't think people understand a currency on its own won't do anything! People trade because they get immediate value out of that trade be it a bp or a Dino nobody would trade for a currency that then has to be used to get something else or not even be able as people would assign it a value of 0 unless it had an in game use. And of course we would be back where we are now and if so how would the currency be distributed if it was craftable or lootable with no sink we would just get massive inflation reducing the value of the currency further.

i myself think there is less trading because it's too easy to get anything of value.

Your last point might be rather accurate. For those that have everything there isn't much they need , and the needy don't have much to trade in return to those who do have it all 

6 hours ago, Uglymonkey84 said:

I see this as well, I've been trying to buy a wyvern but no replies yet, I know someone on my servers sells them but hard to be online at the same time. Oh well.

We're going to start selling middling-tier wyverns for what I think is a fair rate. Keep your eyes peeled we'll get a post up here pretty soon

Archived