Dinos due for a nerf

Lancelot

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

The Giga probably has at least one "nerf" (by which I mean total overhaul) on its way. Other contenders.... Probably the Dire Bear, maybe the Therizinosaurus. A lot of other dinos need to be brought up to speed, though, so it's hard to say right now if any more than those while wind up receiving adjustments

I'd say Dire Bears can use some HP buff. Either that or Thylacoleos could use some HP nerf.

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

I'd say Dire Bears can use some HP buff. Either that or Thylacoleos could use some HP nerf.

I like where the theri is at, it's a more "difficult" tame for everything included.. I think dire bear should probably have a different kibble,  further up the tree and taking prime jerky or even mutton to make,  they are that good..

I'm honestly of the opinion that dinos should be powered up or given different roles than nerfs for balancing. Players definitely enjoy their old useless dinos suddenly being much better. 

I can't describe how happy I was when the ankylo (My childhood favorite) got the weight buffs. I actively enjoy getting metal now and it used to be a chore. 

Still haven't managed to get a mammoth yet but I'm very excited to find that perfect 150 wild one so I'm holding out for that. Before the buffs I couldn't care less. 

People love feeling like they're getting a good deal, buffs definitely play to that but nerfs give you the opposite feeling.

13 minutes ago, 7Eleven said:

I can't describe how happy I was when the ankylo (My childhood favorite) got the weight buffs. I actively enjoy getting metal now and it used to be a chore. 

Still haven't managed to get a mammoth yet but I'm very excited to find that perfect 150 wild one so I'm holding out for that. Before the buffs I couldn't care less. 

Ankylo was always important, just annoying weight capacity.  Prior to the release of castorides, mammoth was the go-to wood gather.  Beaver dethroned mammy.   The nerf of beavers wood carry weight bonus in the same patch that upgraded mammoths made mammy King again.  

I'd say a lot of tames don't need nerfing but buffing right now. Every tame needs some kind of special ability or resistance to make them useful- for example, the Spino and Mosa are vulnerable to eels and jellyfish which is just silly.

I'm certain once the game is feature-complete and moves into beta there will be another sweeping dino rebalance/overhaul

I'm completely joking here.  But EVERYTHING needs a nerf.  Players should be capped at level 5, Dinos should only spawn in at level 10 (except Gigas / Rexes who spawn in at leve 9000).

Tamed Dino's should have max weight of 10, and max health of 5.  

While we're at it, things are too cheap to build.  Everything should cast 10 times as much to build.  Taming is too short too.  Should take at least 10 times longer to tame things. 

They really need to get all the content animals in before they go nerfing or buffing anymore. First they had mammoths which were amazing, then they added beavers which made mammoths obsolete so they nerf beavers buff mammoths, why not just wait till it's all added, then we know what does what and nothing new can affect stuff.

Just make the Rex a carbon copy of the Jurassic Park rex and be done with it, that's what all the kids want anyway. Jurassic ARK: Rex kills everything the video game.

On 5/2/2017 at 2:51 PM, Zederia said:

Difficult, how? it's not hard, just tedious

I mean it's not as easy as a Trike or a Stego, but it takes a huge amount of narcotics. Its not something you can drop with a Bow or Slingshot and just clear out 20 bushes to tame.

Well you can it will just take 7 hours.

12 hours ago, 7Eleven said:

I'm honestly of the opinion that dinos should be powered up or given different roles than nerfs for balancing. Players definitely enjoy their old useless dinos suddenly being much better. 

People love feeling like they're getting a good deal, buffs definitely play to that but nerfs give you the opposite feeling.

Dinos are crutches. They shouldnt decimate a ground player like they do. They all need a severe nerf and a lower level cap. Its not cool being lv 90 fighting somwthing lvl 400 that one shots you in ascendant gear.

14 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Personally I think the Basilosaurus is due for one. I hope it doesn't happen but I think they are a bit too OP at the moment.

This is one of those few times where I think a 'buff everything else' approach is needed.  They need to make pretty much anything that's a megalodon or over not be affected by the jellyfish and maybe the eels should affect them but don't agro big dinos again, sharks or bigger.  It's too easy to get stun locked on a mosasaur or plesi now and they should have thick enough skin to not be overly affected.  Damage maybe, stunlock no.

14 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

The Giga probably has at least one "nerf" (by which I mean total overhaul) on its way. Other contenders.... Probably the Dire Bear, maybe the Therizinosaurus. A lot of other dinos need to be brought up to speed, though, so it's hard to say right now if any more than those while wind up receiving adjustments

Agreed on the Giga.  They just need to make it a different sort of rex.  Maybe it's faster and does more damage (like 100 base) but has less health, but the current iteration just doesn't work.  Either that or keep them the same and just make them un-tamable.  Not so much the direbear or therizno though.  The therizno seems amazing but the level 60 saddle requirement holds it back.  Certainly the direbear is more useful that trikes, stegos or raptors, but let's face it, what isn't?  I think it could maybe use a speed nerf, but that's about it.

The Theri is massively OP atm, yeah their taming process is a pain but once you have one they're just insane.  Having a base damage higher than a rex is just silly.  I have two of these buggers and honestly i've have far too much fiber on my base and not needed to take out the giga for a meat run in ages as the theri does a better job.

Don't get me wrong I love them, and they collect almost everything in bulk, but they're OP.

1 hour ago, Smash said:

Agreed on the Giga.  They just need to make it a different sort of rex.  Maybe it's faster and does more damage (like 100 base) but has less health, but the current iteration just doesn't work.  Either that or keep them the same and just make them un-tamable.

I'm leaning towards untamable gigas - only for the fear survival factor where the only option is to run...or face heavy losses.

12 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

Their HP is probably fine, they need a damage nerf. Currently, they hit hard, run extremely fast, and carry a large amount of weight. Being battle-competent isn't bad, but they hit as hard as a Rex

As much as I hate to day it, I agree. I love my bear and she hits like a train (nearly 600 melee), runs like a train moves and can carry a poop load of weight (over 1000) and at 5k hp she can take quite a pounding. Id be upset to lose any of her stats but would understand why they would get a nerf :( 

1 hour ago, Inzzane said:

Max level for Dinos outside of caves is 150, where do you find those mysterious lvl 400 Dinos? Unless you mean the ones that spawn when fighting a Boss

Mated pteras can be up to level 400 plus mutations. I guess you havent played againsy an alpha tribe before. All ghe dinos they have are usually above 350 plus mutations. It makes the game a time game instead of skill. How hard is it to stand by a bird and feed it for 3 hours. It takes no skill. Fighting against these things takes alot. Fighting on one takes none.

Untameable Giga is intriguing, I mean the wild ones already change loads when you tame them IIRC, maybe give the top tier carnivores a reworking and have the giga as like an angry titan equivalent.

Likewise, I do quite like gigas, they just feel like they're in a weird spot, kinda odd, I don't know, hard to put my finger on rly.

Archived