Dinos due for a nerf

Lancelot

2 hours ago, Zederia said:

and Rexs aren't sprinters either. (and btw, I can outrun almost any dino, including alphas, except alpha rex)

Well Rex wasnt the best example as scientist believe them to be as fast as an average human but the majority of mammals and ornithopods should easily outrun a human when it comes to realism.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

PvP wise I don't see many bears in battle (probably due to picking) but they do amazing damage PvE

If Rexes could go into caves then the Rex would dominate pretty much everything bar the ocean.

I've never tried a Bear Run on the Bosses yet.

Well, and the sky. And the ground lol. And as you said they can't fit into caves. Really the only area where I'd say that they are top tier is in the boss arenas, and that's only because the creatures that would be better than the Rex are banned from even entering. It works for now, but I'm not a fan of band aid fixes.

As for PvP, the bear does seem more oriented toward PvE as a harvester and a pack animal. But have you actually seen people take time to really explore all the options that are available, or are the people that you've played with been more inclined to just play it safe and stick to the established meta? If you've ever spent any time on smashboards you would see kids swearing up and down that the current tier list for Super Smash Bros is infallible and that anyone who disagrees with it is just a noob who doesn't understand the meta well enough to have a valid opinion. Until a low-mid tier character shoots up in the rankings because someone took it to a tournament and won. The point being you can't always judge viability based on how much a creature gets used. There are lots of creatures that have the potential to be devastating in PvP, but the vast majority of players are hesitant to experiment and take risks in a game as punishing as Ark.

8 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

PvP wise I don't see many bears in battle (probably due to picking) but they do amazing damage PvE

If Rexes could go into caves then the Rex would dominate pretty much everything bar the ocean.

I've never tried a Bear Run on the Bosses yet.

They probably do lack the Health for the bosses, but they're strong enough for pretty much everything PvE. Also, they're far better at transport than a Rex, which is why I say they're probably looking at a nerf

15 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

When the theri was first released it had almost 20 points higher than the rex in base damage (according to the wiki). If it's been slightly reduced since then, my bad, it still shouldn't have damage comparable to the rex. 

How are they okay? I can do one run around the immediate vicinity of my base and come back 5 mins later with enough fiber to fill 5 vaults. My meat theri collects more meat per swipe than a giga, seriously I can fill the max 300 stacks in minutes. 

I love the theri, I'm not saying it needs massively nerfing but it does need bring down a peg or two 

It should have dmg comparable to a rex since its the same tier dino  as a rex, what it lacks is the raw health of a rex. And really fiber is your arguement? One of the most basic and easily obtainable resources anyway? If they collected metal or stone, made cp or even sparkpowder I might agree. Regardless you can't possibly turn that fiber into something useful unless you have a butt ton of other resources already gathered for crafting in advance or if you really like cloth armor. If they do any sort of nerf to the Therizino it should be that meat collection isn't counted when registering their harvesting bonuses since they don't eat meat anyway. With bred Therizino's though and enough sweet cakes they are a viable boss killing dino, rex's shouldn't be the only way to successfully do broodmother boss 95% of the time.

On May 7, 2017 at 6:06 PM, psychosaurus409 said:

at this point buffing old creatures is far better than nurfing new ones, The Basilo isnt terribly op (it was when i first release healing 300 hp a second on the surface) but now its just a damage sponge on par with the plesio, the security of stun immunity is what makes it a must pick over the faster plesio and the stronger mosa.

Faster and stronger don't mean anything when they can be stun locked by eels , effectively making them worthless. Who would take these creatures out into the water anymore? Even squid get eels stuck in their head and die to collision glitches. It's sad that the only choice in ocean creatures that's even remotely viable is a Basilio. And don't even get me started on the giga conversation. All these players saying gigas are no longer op, yeah right. Maybe tamed gigas , but bred gigas with 100% imprint and an ascendant saddle are nearly impossible to kill, trust me I know I've tried everything. First I shot 5000 ar rounds into it from an ascendant assault rifle (354 damage) and missed only a handful of bullets and it barely had a scratch on it. Then once they pushed closer I tried to enrage it. I blew up 10 c4 directly as it ran over my trap , still no blood, not enraged. Then I go full on Rambo and shoot 14-15 rockets (from a 250+ damage launcher which don't exist anymore) directly into its face as they pushed even closer to the base , within a matter of a few minutes. Not even bloody whatsoever. So good luck trying to kill one , and if you think wild gigas are op just wait until you see the real king of the jungle. After the fight we learned the giga had almost 500 melee and 50k health , which explained why our two Brontos (level 270) died in about 5 seconds to it together. That's why there's videos of people killing Wild gigas with bred ones , that's more than overpowered if you ask me.  I don't care how hard you worked for it , it shouldn't even be possible to breed gigas , end of story.   /rant over 

3 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

Faster and stronger don't mean anything when they can be stun locked by eels , effectively making them worthless. Who would take these creatures out into the water anymore? Even squid get eels stuck in their head and die to collision glitches. It's sad that the only choice in ocean creatures that's even remotely viable is a Basilio. And don't even get me started on the giga conversation. All these players saying gigas are no longer op, yeah right. Maybe tamed gigas , but bred gigas with 100% imprint and an ascendant saddle are nearly impossible to kill, trust me I know I've tried everything. First I shot 5000 ar rounds into it from an ascendant assault rifle (354 damage) and missed only a handful of bullets and it barely had a scratch on it. Then once they pushed closer I tried to enrage it. I blew up 10 c4 directly as it ran over my trap , still no blood, not enraged. Then I go full on Rambo and shoot 14-15 rockets (from a 250+ damage launcher which don't exist anymore) directly into its face as they pushed even closer to the base , within a matter of a few minutes. Not even bloody whatsoever. So good luck trying to kill one , and if you think wild gigas are op just wait until you see the real king of the jungle. After the fight we learned the giga had almost 500 melee and 50k health , which explained why our two Brontos (level 270) died in about 5 seconds to it together. That's why there's videos of people killing Wild gigas with bred ones , that's more than overpowered if you ask me.  I don't care how hard you worked for it , it shouldn't even be possible to breed gigas , end of story.   /rant over 

I've seen this in pvp as well, and since giga's have no bossfight use anymore they should become like wyverns where you can't breed them. Make it  either you have to tame one or look for fert giga eggs lol.

7 hours ago, Velarius said:

It should have dmg comparable to a rex since its the same tier dino  as a rex, what it lacks is the raw health of a rex. And really fiber is your arguement? One of the most basic and easily obtainable resources anyway? If they collected metal or stone, made cp or even sparkpowder I might agree. Regardless you can't possibly turn that fiber into something useful unless you have a butt ton of other resources already gathered for crafting in advance or if you really like cloth armor. If they do any sort of nerf to the Therizino it should be that meat collection isn't counted when registering their harvesting bonuses since they don't eat meat anyway. With bred Therizino's though and enough sweet cakes they are a viable boss killing dino, rex's shouldn't be the only way to successfully do broodmother boss 95% of the time.

Fiber was just an example and what I use one of the two theris mostly for due Timmy base location, considering the vast amount of resources they do harvest the collection rates are phenomenal, too phenomenal 

On ‎3‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM, wallaby said:

if they blanket nerf land mounts like they did flyers thats it ill be done, dont mean to rant just saying they need to balance these things individually not just say raptor it  and axe speed and stam in half :Jerbmad:

you havnet been around for a very long time, they have already done a blanket nerf to all land dinos back in the early days,  a good giga used to one shot a maxed tamed kibble rex, those where the days

On Mon May 08 2017 at 7:38 PM, Mjsechrest said:

I agree wholeheartedly.. you bring up some very good gameplay and balance issues

On 5/8/2017 at 6:38 PM, Mjsechrest said:

um..well...it takes a lot to fully imprint a giga.

Just now, LEDminer said:

Then drop your inventory weight. All that junk worth of 200 weight will burden your bird for sure.

As Ep1cM0nk3y said, flying allows you to avoid the threats of the land. Even with the slower speed, flying is still superior to land travelling. Having to take breaks for stamina more often leaves you vulnerable to the ground dinos, which makes travelling by flyer more dangerous than it was prior to the nerfs.

Quit dreaming of ARK: Prehistoric flight simulator. It's never coming back.

And spoiler alert... if you actually tame for stamina stat'd flyers you DON'T EVEN NEED TO LAND AS MUCH OR AT ALL TILL YOU REACH YOUR DESTINATION.. ikr, anti flying nerfers just had their minds blown.

Archived