Flier re-balance mk3?

Zederia

13 minutes ago, Smash said:

It's their game................... they're developing it in a certain way.  How do you make a game with no parameters?

No-one is suggesting you shouldn't be able to mod the game however you want. 

It's just that not many people can understand the mentality of "Birds just must be better than everything else or I'm not going to play (but still play 80 hours per week)"

I never ask them to develop a game without parameters and they had them before the nerf and they have them now. Do I agree with their choices, I think it could of been done in a better way by giving the players more alternatives than just gimping flyers. I think your missing the point of people being upset. It's not that the flyers must be better than everything else. The problem is that the land dinos are so bad. I very rarely take more than one land dino out at a time due to the absolutely bad following issues they have. Take out 3 Rexs with you riding one, attack a dino and have the other 2 help you may get lucky and be able not to get tangled up in the other 2, but it's just a matter of time before you get snarled up and you have to dismount to straiten them out. The first time it happens isn't that bad, but after fourth or hundredth it gets really old. Then take them across the map, I guarantee you that you will loose one because he got hung up by a small rock and you have to go back to get him or your constantly looking over you shoulder seeing if no one fell behind. I used to have the dream of taking a dino army across the map, but now not so much. Mining wise it's even worse the anky is just a little faster than a turtle, so you have to leave it in the mining spot and use pack animals, pick it up with one of those overpowered flyers and make countless trips back to base or load up the anky on a ground mount with a platform saddle then if you clip a cliff side it will fall off. I personally find all of these options distasteful, but just like everyone else I pick the least painful. I can not speak for anyone else, just myself and if it would not be for private servers I personally wouldn't play the game.

i also would love to know if we get that rumored restat on all flyers, Jat said he thought it was a "great idea" but then again he also said it wouldnt be "too long before mk3 comes"

im not expecting much here just a few more tweaks, wyvern, quetz, maybe argent, just a tat,

and in case of the wyvern, maaaaybe look at the costs of the breathattack again, my only currently useable wyvern had all its free 45 levels put in stamina and STILL cant really use the breath in coordinated combat more than 3 or 4 times, and that stamina obviously came at HUGE costs to dmg and hp

2 hours ago, Smash said:

It's their game................... they're developing it in a certain way.  How do you make a game with no parameters?

No-one is suggesting you shouldn't be able to mod the game however you want. 

It's just that not many people can understand the mentality of "Birds just must be better than everything else or I'm not going to play (but still play 80 hours per week)"

Well said Smash. Its funny see those complainers constantly on here demanding they be handed back their super sonic jets and trying to blackmail the developers by threatening to write bad reviews if they don't get what they want. It began with a minority few then it became a trickle now its an occasional droplet. Their numbers are dieing out thankfully as the hardcore Jurassic Wings fanboys move over to unofficials to get their fix.

12 hours ago, BulletForce said:

Well said Smash. Its funny see those complainers constantly on here demanding they be handed back their super sonic jets and trying to blackmail the developers by threatening to write bad reviews if they don't get what they want. It began with a minority few then it became a trickle now its an occasional droplet. Their numbers are dieing out thankfully as the hardcore Jurassic Wings fanboys move over to unofficials to get their fix.

That's telling them bad fan boys. For your information I had my private server long before the flier nerf and I thank my for sight everyday for getting one, it saved me a bunch of trouble with all the mistakes the devs make IE the glitches like the gigas and quetzs starving to death by just sitting there and the countless times a dino or my character glitches under the map or into the side of a unbreakable rock just to name a few. I never wrote a bad review, why would I, to decrease or stop the growth of the player base so the game sinks into obscurity and there is no further development. Yep, that's about the same logic you used about the people leaving the official servers for the flier mod, what do you think is going to happen when the server population drops down to a level where WC can not justify the money spent on the server to keep it running. Look on the bright side though you won't have as much lag or rubber banding and you won't have to waste time putting up all those pillars on the beach to keep the newbs away just before they shut down or merger the servers. Blackmailing the devs is a little far fetched, the only thing I can do is voice my opinion and hope they listen and if they don't no skin off my ass I got my moneys worth out of the game and I'll just move on and on another point devs got their money out of me already by buying the game, but if they plan to get more money out of me for another DLC or something else the shoe will be on a different foot.

18 hours ago, BulletForce said:

Awful? You must be playing an entirely different game. The Pteradon is still really fast and great for scouting. The Quetz is still the king of farming and with the Anklo/Doed/Mammoth buff not really much different to before in terms of carrying stuff. The Argent sits in between the two.

The flyers are working as intended and feel fair and balanced although the Quetz still could do with a further weight nerf. I would also reinstate the 2x damage multiplier vs flyers that was previously in the game.

No. I just have a completely different opinion to yours. 

53 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

The point is, each flyer should specialize in something, and not be able to do everything.

Pteranodon should be fast. Nothing more, just be fast, so people can use them for fast, personal transport. They shouldn't be able to deal massive damage with the roll, which it still has. Remove the roll, or rework it into an evasive dodge move.

Argie is pretty much a tanky fighter bird that can collect meat well, but with the current speed, many people seem to leave them to collect dust. (Haven't seen anyone use them since the nerfs on my server)

Quetz is the slow, high weight flyer. It's purpose is to haul massive amounts of resources.

Having the flyers do only one thing, but having them do it very well is more balanced than having a tank-battlestation quetzal encased in metal with 200% speed and have it carry tons of ammo and supplies while hitting like a truck.

Exactly!

Archived