Your ARK Stories!

Jen

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to play solo, building small hidden bases and trying to stay low-key. I got my friend irl to join me, and we started to expand a little, not caring about staying hidden so much. Eventually the griefers started having some fun at our expense. PepperJC and the like were regular visitors on our server. Admittedly we were still noobs and got wiped by foot raiders a few times. Ark life was stressful, but still exciting. 

After one of these times we were recruited to the beta tribe of the server, and since then my experience has been great. We merged with a few small ally tribes and waged war with the alphas. It was about two weeks before we finally drove them out. Now we run a fairly peaceful server and life is good. Although since they announced the new servers coming, it's been pretty chaotic as everyone wants to use up what dinos/equipment they've accumulated before moving away from Legacy. I seriously can't wait to start naked on the beach again, this time with a bunch of members to work together from an even playing field!

Started playing because I saw some online friends playing it from time to time, if not playing 7day2die . I like the game and content but it is very frustrating on PVE servers because of the lag on xbox1. It is constant struggle trying to kill dinos when lag stops you from tracking them and you die because of it. The rubberbanding due to lag is equally frustrating. I actually started playing alone on single player and enjoyed that as far as game play. BUT when my kids would join and be tethered to me it was a huge drawback. So we started playing on dedicated PVE and well, they hate the lag so much they rarely play.

I think I am gonna give PVP a shot and see if the lag is better on them. If not I will probably just stop playing myself. If the lag could just be dealt with...

I enjoy interacting with other players and making friends. BUT the lag has really made it a pain to even visit their monster bases with hundreds of dinos. 

Hope you all come up with a solution. I love these kinds of survival games with building ability. I am a bit of a creative person I guess.

I played 7d2d for a while then got tired of it because nobody played it. The player limit per server was the killer on that game. 

My wife now plays with me but also hates the lag. 

August 1st 2015 is when Ark Survival Evolved became a part of my daily life. It just popped up on the front page of the store, and sparked my interest straight away. Other than a couple of other Dino games, this is the first time I'd seen a concept like it, a concept that has so far taken 1800+ hours from me over the last two years.

I immediately join an official multiplayer PVP server. I decide to scout the area straight away and I see a base, not too far down the beach. I ran to said base hoping to find a safe sanctuary to join a tribe, however I was mauled to death in quick fashion by a Dino I wasn't yet familiar with. It was a tamed Utahraptor belonging to a tribe, and I can only assume it's the tribe I wish to try and join. 

I respawn further down the coast and try to build a hut made of thatch to keep the smaller pesky dinos at bay but I can't. There's so many structures from other tribes that I can't build anywhere. I try the same thing on other official servers and get the same results, all the beaches and inland areas are taken by tribes. I decide to try out PVE servers and much to my surprise it's the same scenario..bases everywhere, pillars scatter the land as far as my view distance lets me see. An hour of searching for a relatively clear server pulls up nothing...I think it's time to try single player. I mean sure if I continued to look I'd eventually find somewhere, but to have a whole Ark to myself was somewhat appealing. 

Proceeding to my 15th hour in the game, I loaded up a single player game for the first time. I left all the settings(resource multiplier etc)as they were, I didn't really know what they meant straight away. I spawn in on the southern beach and can't see anything about other than a few dodo's and the odd Triceratops. Many hours of building later and my enjoyment of having a world to my own escalated, no one to worry about whilst gathering materials, and I can claim any Dino I wish etc. 

Some 1785 hours later and about 15 fresh starts(including other official maps) and I'm still enjoying the single player aspect of the game, however as of writing this my friend has decided to get a hosted server for us to play on and I will continue my travels albeit through Ragnarok this time round. 

All in all this game has given me more enjoyment than any other game I've played. I Can't wait to continue cranking up the hours and enjoy everything the game has to offer in the future. 

Once we buy a game with a friend. We entered and did not know how to find each other. We lost almost 2 hours while running along the beach and killing the dodo with fists for meat ... Then we could see each other) We started building a house from thatch. When we finished the house a friend found a long stick that went into the depths of the forest! We decided to go and see the house. While we were looking at the house came a rex and was eating me. And my friend killed raptor. We left the game and left her for 2 weeks!

After 2 weeks we returned, again found each other and built a wooden house. Our first base! A week later, my wife joined me! We decided to go into the depths of the forest again and found a huge lake! So we first saw Spino who tried to eat us. On this lake we founded a second base for meat, there were a lot of dinosaurs, although there were problems with rexes and spino that often killed each other) We lived about 4 months so tried to drive to Rex To the volcano. Made a plant with Celite) But a new patch has come. The lake disappeared, now there was a swamp. Together with the lake, it collapsed and found a base. We again stopped playing...

After half a year we started to miss the problems in ARK. We decided to go back but go to another server! We already found each other without problems and built our base. Found another Russian clan and wanted to make an alliance! But fate has not given us this. We began to fight with them. We have long waged war, in just a week our base of stone became iron. We did not do any more drugs and paints. We started making weapons and bullets. But then came the patch. Winter biome has grown! His crash zone was right on the base of our enemy! We were glad that now we can live peacefully for a while, they needed to transport all things. But without war, we became bored and we began to struggle with each other. First my friend left and then I stopped playing with my wife. We again leave from ARK...

One year later. We returned with my wife on the same server. We were surprised that our friend was already in the clan with whom when we had a war. But we also saw our friends who helped us to get back on our feet and help until now! We are glad that this game makes us remember the moments and that the main thing in it always wants to return) And we do not plan to leave again!

I think i played Ark for like 1.5 years now and it has become one of my favorite games.

It all started when a few friends recommended playing Ark. We started playing on private server because we thought that ''official server are too hard'' and we wanted to get some experience first. It was really fun but we never made any real progress because we were just too dumb. My favorite story on that server was when i crash landed on red peak and I didnt knew how to get away withour dying. I came up with a plan which was to build a small base, try to tame a saber and get out. Sadly, i didnt came far because one of my friends came online then and saved me (probably would have died anyway). A few weeks after that the server was closed because we bacame bored and didnt want to pay for that server anymore.

Half a year after that and me and some of my friends wanted to play Ark again so we decided to buy a new server and play on the center. Just like last time we never came to basic metal but we still managed to build a big wooden base and tame a Quetzal! We even had a Kairuku farm that nobody gave a poop about so it just ended being full with poop and dead babys (mating and breeding were extremely boosted). After a month of being too dumb to make actual progress we grew tired of Ark again and quit once more.

Some time later, me and a friend decided that it was time to go to an official server because of the challenge so we did just that. Me and my friend created a Tribe called ''Trumps Mexicans'' and we wanted to make the Island great again! (not really) so we went on our adventure to get wiped by the alpha Tribe a couple times until we managed to build a base that was semi-safe. However my friend gor frustrated because we got raided so often because we had to tame new dinos that just end up getting killed again. But we continued onewards until a Chinese tribe attacked that server and we lost all of our stuff and dinos (again). After that he quit but i didnt gave up. I repaired my base and started to make progress again until i met someone from a bigger Tribe. We talked and helped each other and I began building smaller bases on other places so i could farm metal and other stuff more easily. Then one day I got raided. Again. I decided to move to one of my smaller bases since i started getting tired of getting raided there. During that time, my friend got back and the guy from the bigger Tribe quit playing for some reason. But i still had contact to some other members of the tribe. A few days later me and my friend wanted to live in the snow biome so we got our stuff and got going. Our base there was smaller but we had more stuff and better dinos (alpha was surpriseingly calm) but my friend grew tried of playing again so i was on my own once more.I made some progress here and there and i even had a turret! But the more important thing was my relationship to the bigger tribe. They were really friendly and after some time they offered me to join their tribe. This was the best thing that could happen to me since me and my stuff are finally safe now because the alpha was friendly to them. After that me and the Tribe just grew over the next months and it was the the best time I ever had in Ark.

I dont know if anyone will read my story but i just wanted to share it here. And thank you Wildcard for making such an awesome game!

I started playing 6 months ago.  I got 5 of my buddies to join my tribe and we were all addicted.  Built up a nice base and a nice assortment of dinos.  They slowly started losing interest though, now I'm a solo player in a 1 person tribe.  I still love the grind though; the breeding, building, taming, chasing those MUTs. I've never had a game pull me in this much, it really does consume you. I don't know if that's good or bad.  All I know is I'm going to keep on grinding..

I am a troll. I raid anyone I feel like and kill tames with reckless abandon. The alpha on the server tried wiping me at first, but I would just build right back up. They eventually accepted that I wasn't going anywhere and they, along with other prominent tribes on the server, started helping me. I just go around wrecking anyone I'm not familiar with who tries to build up. If I catch them alive, I paint that they ❤️  my tribe on their chest and give them pink make-up. People getting wrecked hate me, but everyone else loves what I do. They're always waiting foe the next "why?!?!?" in chat. I play the game how I choose to, not how someone tells me, and it's been a very satisfying experience.

i enjoy ark very much been an off and on player since the xbox launch. Since starting ark i have always played official and have been apretty mean grinder. l hoped on ark the other day to find the base i spent hours and hours on and that had been on the server for over a year had been wiped by your team. From what i have gathered is that one of my tribe mates had lost his character and that a dev came on to the server and spawned in dinos for him. Now these dinos were not ordinary and there was six of them. What i heard is one of are newest tribe mates and i am talking only a couple of weeks here took an egg and gave it to another tribe an with this stupid action things started apearin on youtube and then our base was wiped. MY experience on ark had been great until i found out all my long hours and hard work was taken away because of one of your stupid team mates.

Ark is life basically haha anyways ark gives you all sorts of emotions from anger to happiness to no sleep cause of breeding but I got to meet so many players and make new friends because of this game we would talk in party chat and everything but the best people are on ark. They love to help you you just have to get on their good side haha

me and a friend were just settling on a primitive+ server. Living a hide & seek existence in shadow of alphas and trying to sabotage them for a small victory only to be completely obliterated in return made us quick to rebuild.

After getting slightly comfortable and taming our first dozen mounts (couples of kapro, baryonyx and ptera, a bronto and some fodder), we set out to explore the island. it had a lot of bases, most notable ones are russians to the southeast and east, germans to south and us on south west starter zone.

Getting somewhat cocky i decided to kill some german dolphins because their plant x's were looking at the beach on a spawn zone and were actually hitting new players ( but i didnt care about that.. they hit me!). Plan was quickly executed and dolphins lay dead and saddles were discarded. who wants a friendly dolphin, right?

Their retaliation was savage. we woke up to a bronto loaded with catapults, a pack of wolves lots of birds.. all in all their 6 players vs our 2. it looked grim. Bronto fell to their arrows first. then they blew out behemoth gates. Our base was being demolished...

i did only thing i could do... rode that baryonyx from a cliff on top bronto. quickly taking down one of their flyers and its rider in the suprise attack and started harrassing bronto's rider.

I was in a hide suit with primitive weapons made from engrams and they had nice iron armor. it didnt look promising and i couldnt really pierce these guys armor... but i had a beefed up melee damage and a club bloody from all the previous pounding and they.. they were fat and relaxed on their empty primitive+ server.

2 hits with club sent them into a deep torpor while occasional hits kept them in catatonic state. they were robbed on the spot. their musket? nay, my musket. Finally some iron armor too! Lets just say our week old base had them pay a hefty price.

Leaving some of the loot with my tribemate which he stashed away somewhere while i wondered where the rest of them were... turns out they were busy bringing  a rex. i had nothing to stop it with apart from some flaming arrows i took from their bodies.. which we started shooting at their bronto in hopes we cost them dearly. That got their attention fast and things quickly heated up again while they tried to retreat with bronto. i was still pumped up by the previous jump on baryonyx onto their bronto's back... i had to do it again!

But it was impossible with rex there so again we risked what little we gained and went out into open.. to the beaches. 

Sadly rex decimated us and my tribemate retreated back while i kept an eye on them with a spyglass from jungle while they traversed the beach... then realization hit me.. i had a chute and they had a big ass platform.. rex was watching our base just in case and they guys on bronto were vulnerable.

After another clubbing session i got some more shiny loot which i threw off the bronto in hopes they get lost but now i was stuck in it. i had no way off so i jumped and fought for my life wihch ended up in their rex's belly.

never had another fight that good in that server, mainly because population is diminishing all the time and because those guys actually mindwiped and put points in fortitude so stop getting knocked out. Rest of the time consisted off offline raiding. griefing others dinos. helping new players. razing them after they get some metal. etc

now its all going to disappear with primitive+ servers closing down and beacon transfers disabled :( 

stll i had a lot of fun with those bola/chute/club fights

2 hours ago, Lethe said:

me and a friend were just settling on a primitive+ server. Living a hide & seek existence in shadow of alphas and trying to sabotage them for a small victory only to be completely obliterated in return made us quick to rebuild.

After getting slightly comfortable and taming our first dozen mounts (couples of kapro, baryonyx and ptera, a bronto and some fodder), we set out to explore the island. it had a lot of bases, most notable ones are russians to the southeast and east, germans to south and us on south west starter zone.

Getting somewhat cocky i decided to kill some german dolphins because their plant x's were looking at the beach on a spawn zone and were actually hitting new players ( but i didnt care about that.. they hit me!). Plan was quickly executed and dolphins lay dead and saddles were discarded. who wants a friendly dolphin, right?

Their retaliation was savage. we woke up to a bronto loaded with catapults, a pack of wolves lots of birds.. all in all their 6 players vs our 2. it looked grim. Bronto fell to their arrows first. then they blew out behemoth gates. Our base was being demolished...

i did only thing i could do... rode that baryonyx from a cliff on top bronto. quickly taking down one of their flyers and its rider in the suprise attack and started harrassing bronto's rider.

I was in a hide suit with primitive weapons made from engrams and they had nice iron armor. it didnt look promising and i couldnt really pierce these guys armor... but i had a beefed up melee damage and a club bloody from all the previous pounding and they.. they were fat and relaxed on their empty primitive+ server.

2 hits with club sent them into a deep torpor while occasional hits kept them in catatonic state. they were robbed on the spot. their musket? nay, my musket. Finally some iron armor too! Lets just say our week old base had them pay a hefty price.

Leaving some of the loot with my tribemate which he stashed away somewhere while i wondered where the rest of them were... turns out they were busy bringing  a rex. i had nothing to stop it with apart from some flaming arrows i took from their bodies.. which we started shooting at their bronto in hopes we cost them dearly. That got their attention fast and things quickly heated up again while they tried to retreat with bronto. i was still pumped up by the previous jump on baryonyx onto their bronto's back... i had to do it again!

But it was impossible with rex there so again we risked what little we gained and went out into open.. to the beaches. 

Sadly rex decimated us and my tribemate retreated back while i kept an eye on them with a spyglass from jungle while they traversed the beach... then realization hit me.. i had a chute and they had a big ass platform.. rex was watching our base just in case and they guys on bronto were vulnerable.

After another clubbing session i got some more shiny loot which i threw off the bronto in hopes they get lost but now i was stuck in it. i had no way off so i jumped and fought for my life wihch ended up in their rex's belly.

never had another fight that good in that server, mainly because population is diminishing all the time and because those guys actually mindwiped and put points in fortitude so stop getting knocked out. Rest of the time consisted off offline raiding. griefing others dinos. helping new players. razing them after they get some metal. etc

now its all going to disappear with primitive+ servers closing down and beacon transfers disabled :( 

stll i had a lot of fun with those bola/chute/club fights

Fight the good fight buddy. Maybe one day we'll get WC to listen and help bring back the good days

I started to play Ark in November 2015(i think) and i have been stuck ever since then.. My first experience were on singleplayer together with my husband,but after we tamed some animals normally "forcetame" became our best friend "just to try" the animals..Like if they were worth the tame hehe.. so after a while it became rly boring.

So we started fresh on Island and built a gigantic house first on Westside but then we moved to the snow.. When we had a bunch of animals we went on vacation and the internet didnt work so we lost all our animals..
Ok no big deal there were some nice guys on our server that invited us to join them, so we did..Tamed up all animals we lost and even more.
Then Scorched earth came and we decided to try it out.. never felt sooo much as a noob as i did there haha.. think i died about 50 times before i could find my tribemates(wich for the record lived like 50 metres behind me several spawns).. We tamed so much poop there and had the best time ever, got to know other people that came also from same island server as us..

We were the first on our SE server that actually raised wyverns and it was the big WOW in my ark history!
After we raised some more wyverns and expanded the base with several of animals we got raided totally by a Chinese tribe (It was on a PVE server) so we lost ALL animals and whole base..I can say i was soo about to give up there and never play again..
But since there is so many nice members in my tribe all helped us rebuild AGAIN!

Now im back on old Island server and during my Ark carrier i have got to know such wonderful people i would never been spoken to if it wasnt for this game..
We play with eachother everyday and i can talk to them about whatever i want.

Thanks guys!

We are known as the Bizcochos (biscuits in english).. right now, on the SA servers, if you name "Belk", you will hear stories saying that he is either a legendary hero or the vilest of devils, the man who destroyed the third biggest tribe on earth (go on, go to the 498, 501 or 502 and ask for belk)...

Chapter 1: The friendly Biscuits and the first enemy.

The story begins two years ago, on the OC_149b server, belk and me awakened on the north beaches, and lived there for a month, we were friendly and didn't know a big fate was awaiting us.

The first big tribe, Delta Siam, was building next to our house, in the hidden lake on the north... i remember seeing them from the cliff... there were like 4 or 5 big wooden houses.. for a small tribe that was just starting, that was BIG. One day Belk comes to the house shocked, while he went to spy on them, he fell inside the hidden lake, but managed to escape from a ladder( all the paths to hidden lake were blocked). I followed him and we managed to enter some houses because they had some tatch foundations yet (this was the very first week of Ark early access, so no rock tier yet), our hands were trembling, we didn't feel like stealing from others.. but in the end we stole some chips, chitin gear and metal tools... for us, that was a huge treasure.. (we were lvl 15-20). We took everything and ran out wondering why we did that. Later that day, belk send me a whatsapp msg telling me "THEY FOUND US AND ARE BITING OUR DOOR"... i came back to the game just to find him trying to convince the man outside with a tamed carno to not demolish our door. He only wanted to enter our house to see if we were the thieves.. so, Belk talked with him during 20 mins, while i picked all the stolen things and demolished a wall at the opposing side of our base and just ran to the forest.. So belk let him in and he was satisfied with what he saw, so he left. 

Days passed, we were learning and exploring.. always within the limits of the quadrant in the map... then due to a exploit, the devs decided to wipe all the progress, so we started again, but near the frozen tooth. Thats when our first enemy appeared.. MERCILESS... With Daniel killing and trashing everyone everyday on the north shores. We were poor because all our efforts went to make the first full metal base on the server (remember, no stone tier and cementing paste was really a pain in the ass to produce), the biscuit base, a 3x3x6 metal base, all with 5 or 6 doors per floor, so merciless were way stronger than us.. so, the answer for us was to raise an army against merciless... BUT, without making us public, we, biscuits always played with a really low profile, nobody really knew us... So while our strategy was not so heroic, it was effective: We raided all the small bases, without killing any animal and leaving notes saying "greetings from Merciless"... That was glorious, in less than 2 weeks, an alliance of 3 big tribes was formed and destroyed all merciless bases and took back the cave of death island that merciless walled.

That was our first victory, and nobody still knew us. We did that for justice, but that wasn't exactly an heroic plan. That is where we learned that the biscuits aren't heros.. they seek justice, but they aren't good.

And thats only the beginning of the adventures of the Biscuits.

Hope you like our first part of the story, we went through a lot until our last battle with M.E.R.C.O.S.U.R.. The biggest battle in history of ark.. theres like 40 hours of internet videos online. But thats another episode

Cheers 

Boy do i have an ARK story for you guys..

Began Arking in Sep 10 2015 on xb1 official server and manged to get lvl 65 with numerous wipes and always starting from 0

Then i bought a second xb1 around Jan of 2016 and the fun just began. Set up my xb1 server took a while to set up setting but not to op and next thing i know i had over 400 player based server.

I truly played the game to the fullest (to the fullest guys every dino, map, breeding, taming, every youtube build possible available to xb1 i did )and made countless friends from all over the world (im Canadian)  .

But then in May 2017 i got bored of xb1 version especially since the flyer nerf came out plus no mods and kept on following the youtube vids of lots of good streamers  and was amazed the amount of mods there is for Ark.

So tuned up my pc (i5 7600k liquid cooling, 32gig ddr4, gtx1070 8gig and 180gig ssd with 2T barracuda at 7200rpm storage mods drive)   and got into a brand new game of Ark with so many maps and mods at a click of a button. Joined many servers with different maps and mods and played on them. However every time i asked and other players have asked admins to introduce a new mod they are so uptight about it and just dont pay attention to their player base . (after all its just a game so why not bring in new mods and test them out)

So that being said i decided to run my own pc server with the most popular mods out there (bringing my expertise as and admin/owner from xb1 servers settings) My rented server can hold up to 60 ppl  with auto updates  I truly love it  for the past week and a half (and yes i could run my own private one i do have a pretty solid 2nd pc to do so but for 15 bucks a month free of headache why not).

This is my Ark story and its not finished yet, I think it has just began on the pc version  ( Im so glad i skipped the official servers when i did cause i couldn't bare  nor imagine after playing on them for 2 years some one to come along and say we wiping ur server and you must move and the move is all messed up.

Cheers and happy Arking :)

Archived