Your ARK Stories!

Jen

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked for help once and the dude who gave me everything i needed including flak, a raft, tools, smithy and fab, and a forge as a dropped gift I told him I was overencumbered and hungry and he dropped me something and i ate it without reading it and i died because it was organic polymer and then he never responded to me again 10/10 

I have played Ark since a day after it came on steam, I remember some of the crazy bugs we had like feeding dino's stim berrys and them sh*ting out volcanoes of poop hahaha, I played with a friend on a pvp server who no longer plays we had alot of fun, now 2 years later my friend has had a long break from ark abd currently thinking about making a return, I play ark with my partner and my dad on a pve server, which is great as my dad lives a few hours drive from us so it gives us time to keep our family bond, love this game purely for the fun times, we are having our try at breeding and boss killing, ark has to be one of the funnest games ive played since the vanilla days of wow, such a breath of fresh air!  Love the game love the devs and the community, I thank you all for the amount of fun and happy times ive had in ark!

I first saw ark many years ago on YouTube and thought "this game looks top!". Then a while went by I never had a PC (a complete rip off if you ask me) then it came out on the Xbox and since then it is literally the only game I play. I have 3 kids and a missus (as well as the odd job here and there self employed) I try and find whatever time I can to play though! The missus hates it " is it that stupid Rex game again " but even still I cannot put it down!

If ark was a drug it really would be illegal the most addictive game you can play full stop!

On 7/13/2017 at 0:58 PM, BudLite said:

When I first started out, the stress and Anxiety of trying to stay alive while doing anything was High level lol.  But, I agree with you, it provides a comfortable atmosphere when you are on with friends, You can be non committal, if you are in a tribe, teamwork is well developed yada yada yada.  It is a good release but It does have me hooked.  I do have a very nice blue Spino.

I love spinos, and I have cyan and magenta, red and black, and black and magenta.

Okay, here is the story. I was banned from official servers March 17, 2017.  Still to this day I do not know why. I have submitted 7 tickets for it and this is how it went...

Ticket #1
Submitted the day I was banmmed. Explained in the ticket what had happened. March 23, 2017 a response

"""I'm very sorry to hear that you were banned and currently experiencing any inconveniences due to the ban. Unfortunately, at this time, we are to uphold any and all bans placed by Wildcard. There is a possibility that in the future we will be able to lift this ban, however, due to player privacy, I will not be able to access this information or give you a time frame in which this lift will occur.

Again, I'm very sorry for the lack of support we are able to provide in regards to this matter, however, I would like to thank you for reaching out to us! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with any questions.""""""

He closed the ticket, but he did not tell me anything other than I'm banned, ok what comes next?????

In response, I read all that I could on the situation that I was currently being banned for and I found the following:

https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/5q5o2l/on_banning_proofs_evidences_and_why_wildcard/

Afterwards, I decided to submit a second ticket.

Ticket #2 on March 23,2017, and this is what I recieved on March 31, 2017.

""""As stated in the previous ticket, as Customer Support, we are to uphold any and all bans placed by Wildcard. There is a possibility that in the future we will be able to lift this ban (which explains the missing name SteamIDs from the list), however, due to player privacy, I will not be able to access this information (regarding why you were banned) or give you a time frame in which this lift will occur.

Again, I'm very sorry for the lack of support we are able to provide in regards to this matter, however, I would like to thank you for reaching out to us! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with any questions.""""""

After this response to my submission, the ticket was closed and I was obviously getting nowhere. 

Ticket #3 April 1, 2017, and this is the response to my inquiry on Apirl 13, 2017.

Again, I'm very sorry for the lack of support we are able to provide in regards to this matter, however, I would like to thank you for reaching out to us! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future. Take care and have a great day! 

And yet again, the repetitive notion of a closed ticket.

Ticket #4 April 13, 2017 was the next submission and received a response got on April 18, 2017.

"""Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. My name is Wildcard GM Aeolus, and I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with this ban. If you could please tell me the type of ban that it was, VAC, Battleye, or Studio Wildcard, I would be more than happy to provide the proper guidance! Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us,and I look forward to hearing back from you in the near future!""""

DILO!!! It is apparently obvious that the admin responding to the tickets that I have been submitting is dancing around the situation and claims that they did nott even know why I was banned is a understatement from what I am getting now.

closed the ticket on April 26, 2017 with

""""I would like to apologize for the frustration that this has caused you. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with your ban. As it seems that there are no other issues I could assist you with at this time, I will be closing this ticket. Please feel free to contact us again should you have any other questions or concerns. Take care and have a good rest of the day.""""

Ticket #5 May 03, 2017, and this is what I got on May 05, 2017.

""""I'm very sorry to hear that you were banned and currently experiencing any inconveniences due to the ban. Unfortunately, at this time, we, as Customer Support, are to uphold any and all bans placed by Wildcard. There is a possibility that in the future we will be able to lift this ban, however, due to player privacy, I will not be able to access this information or give you a time frame in which this lift will occur.

Again, I'm very sorry for the lack of support we are able to provide in regards to this matter, however, I would like to thank you for reaching out to us! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with any questions."""

Ticket closed.....

Ticket #6 May 05, 2017, with the following response on May 15, 2017.

""""I am again sorry that you had this experience, and if there was more that I could do at this time to assist I would. Multiple tickets about the same issue may result in a suspension from the ticketing system. I hope that you have a great rest of your day and good luck surviving! ""

Closed the ticket; is there a sense of redunancy in these people not answering after the numerous submissions that I have purposed to get a straightfoward answer instead of evasive commentary leaning toward the fact that they pretend to not understand the scenario or wish to pursue the matter at length.

Ticket #7 June 13, 2017 and this is what I got on June 19, 2017

""""Thank you for the time and effort that you have put into reaching out to us here at Studio Wildcard about this issue, and for being such an active member of the community! This is GM Tobida, and I would like to deeply apologize about our delayed response. As for your banned account, unfortunately, I do not have the power to lift your ban. All bans will be upheld by studio Wildcard at this moment.  There is a possibility that in the future we will be able to lift this ban, however, due to player privacy, I will not be able to access this information or give you a time frame in which this lift will occur.  If you have any other questions, please feel free and ask us. Have a wonderful day."""""

Closed ticket

Three of my tribemates and I joined an Alliance on a server to help attack another Alliance and got banned off of an official server. The ending result is the fact that all of us got banned from the server for certain causes that still elude me to this day since the admins cannot respond honestly.

In all of the months I've played ARK, from December of 2016 to now, it's been a joy and an immense pain. The only way I can really explain my feelings about ARK is to share my history on the game.

I started on pvp Scorched Earth - PS4 Official server 296 - with four of my friends. We had a bit of trouble with the Alphas at first and got raided a few times, but after meeting and merging with a small two-man tribe down the valley we began to climb the server ranks. After claiming the mountain above the valley for our own we began raising wyverns for the Alpha tribe, King of Kings, in return for materials and protection until their ultimate (and well-deserved) demise.

After King of Kings fell our server had a period of peace, with no enemies and a surprising lack of raiders. Our tribe grew immensly, becoming one of the leading tribes of the server thanks to tribemember Pickle, who would become one of my greatest friends. In the days of our growing fame we had to say goodbye to our original leader, who had to leave for military training, leaving Pickle as the new tribe owner. Though we were down a member we still flourished, striking up an alliance with a powerful Alpha tribe on Island server 524. We got milk and raised wyverns for them, and in return we recieved supplies, eggs, and safety on the Island. We decided to establish a base on the Island, which would change our ARK experience forever.

We were managing two servers at one time, with the Island base remaining in an in-progress state, and the Scorch base incredibly unprotected. As tribe DBA, the new Alpha tribe of 296, entered the alliance, tensions grew on both servers. Our Scorch base was eventually wiped due to drama we weren't involved with, leaving us with two wyverns and what we had left on the Island. Our Island base was raided shortly after, though we managed to save some valuable tames, eggs, and supplies.

We moved to the main alliance area at the urging of the alliance Alpha, tribe Highminds, which I believe was our biggest mistake to this day. We built up quickly, though not as fast as the other tribes would have liked, and we began normal activities as soon as the main building was done and defenses were up. Drama spread like wildfire throughout the alliance, causing a tribe to betray and raid Highminds and for Highminds and DBA to merge into one tribe. Though tribe drama didn't affect us directly, we did have a tribemember try to break apart the tribe, though they weren't successful and were promptly blocked and removed from the tribe. Eventually we couldn't handle the drama of pvp and handed the tribe over to Pickle's brother. A month or so later we discover that the alliance was raided by Umbrella Corp due to DBA's arrogance, and the surviving tames were moved to another Alpha tribe with which we had no contact.

After a strict break from ARK we eventually played again, starting in a primitive pvp server but eventually moving to Scorch and Island pve servers (all still official). We haven't made much progress on Scorch, but we've made great strides on the Island. We currently have three tamed gigas capable of taking down a titan with ease, three high-level wyverns (and an egg left to raise), near-boss rexes, and the only two tamed squids in the entire server. We're enjoying ARK a lot more now, since we can have fun without fear of being wiped for someone else's drama, but despite it being a rough experience, I'm thankful for most of my time on pvp.

we was waiting for weekend and see if we will have 2x, and it is, so we saw a 145 female Quetz, few days ago, so i fly looking for it, 30 minutes after there she is,  i talk to my tribemate and they come with our quetz with the cage ready, so  start rain and with fog so i follow close the quetz, she fly just in the top of one the alpha tribes, the rest is history the auto turrets shoot me and lost one of my favorites ptera,  i died, i came back with another ptera for look that the quetz was shoot too but by the plants and dead. Bye 145 female quetz

To recount the story of my time on the ARK we will have to go back to the beginning. While I have not played the most of any player at around 1000 hrs across two steam accounts I have enjoyed it all immensely. I, unfortunately, did not have the foresight to screenshot anything, so the tale I weave will be a recitation from memory alone.

I started about two days to a week after the game had released into early access, drawn primarily by the then teasers of the dragon boss. After taking several hours to get my affairs in order, I opened the game up for the first time.......only to take another hour to load up. Patient, I finally jumped onto the simply named Official Server 307. I then spent about four hours getting killed instantly on beaches. Using the global chat to my advantage, I met up with other people having the same problem. We came together at the southeastern most corner of the island and built our wooden home atop a cliff that overlooked the sea majestically. Suffice to say that the bonds forged from a brief foray like that did not last and I was the only remaining member of the tribe left around two weeks later in the husk of a raided base.

I then took about two months away from the game before picking it back up again. I was mystified by terms like "alpha tribe" or raids being a regular thing. Truly back in those days, I was the most casual of casual noobs. I then spent an hour and a half on........something I regret greatly and would apologize for if I could, I am happy that I grew bored of it very quickly. About a week later I came back as the survivor Silver and set out to seek true adventure this time around. I ran around and began picking up rocks and berries for what I could and had a spawn location and cache in the woods that I used as my staging point to see what I could accomplish in the area. This was my life on the northern portion of the western shore for a number of days before I met who would become my greatest ally in survival. I wandered down to the shore to see the marvel of the entire southern half of the beachfront being covered in stone foundations. Being that this was a time before the x2 rates we have today, no server transfers and there was no major movement of tribes in the area, I was rightfully in shock that this had sprung up practically overnight even with my lax playstyle.

As I stepped upon the surface, I heard a voice behind me. From the palm trees slightly to the north came a friendly gentleman that has gone by many names in the time that I have known him. Here I will dub him Bullseye. I was somewhat cautious at first, but his outgoing personality quickly won me over and I asked if he had a tribe. He had actually been someone that I had met previously the week before, but had created a new character and locked himself out of his old base. He had set the goal of constructing a naval base for himself, and I offered to form a tribe so that we could assist one another. He accepted and we began to gather resources by building a stone hovel on the beach surrounded by a wall and spikes, my first properly defended home.

Over time I helped him build his grand masterpiece simply by picking rocks off the ground for 15 levels straight and leaving them in the box or making walls. I never really placed much save for that initial home of ours (later known as "The Shed"). I had a nasty tendency to only play a few times a week (We all know how that ends), so most of the taming was done by him and him alone. In an effort to step up our progress I started to play more often and we made a journey to the south on my trusty first flyer, the Pteranodon Petri. We started attempting to recruit another member for our number and after the gruesome murder of a rather nasty fellow by myself after he knocked my partner out we met a man taking his trikes for a walk down by the river in what would eventually become just south of the swamp amongst the islets there.

This was Aftek, a likable personality of Dutch origin (I think, it's been a while since we've talked.) We talked it out rather swiftly and he showed us back to his base where we joined forces after promising to help him out as he needed and we would gain a backup location in the south as well as an ally. The outside shell of the grand building was finally completed several weeks later without resource harvesting dinos for the most part other than our loyal friend, Phil the Triceratops. Bullseye, who was then RickyBobby, dubbed the incomplete bastion of power the Breakwater. I played the game for the entirety of October and had fun with the fall colors for a few weeks, a nice and refreshing change. I am ashamed to say that I was not online for this, but on Halloween night Aftek's base to the far south was raided and he fled towards us and on the way he attracted the fearsome demon god, the DODOREX!!! It chased him to the ends of the earth, even as he arrived on the western coast of the Island and killed his Pteranodon and took from them my Petri. Just as it was about to assault our stronghold, it was banished from the world by the light of the sun. Hearing all about this the day afterward after a night spent handing out candy and playing Kings Quest 2 had me understandably depressed. After this, we began to rebuild from our losses and with our third member present at our main base, the Breakwater was quickly ready to move into. A short time before that I expressed my love of the Arthurian legends by naming our first Dimorphodon Arthur. Aftek, by then a friend, combined my remembered affection with the castle like appearance of our fortress, along with acting in the memory of the great "Sir Lols-a-lot" the Dodo pimp that I had named while I was over to help complete his roof, gave all of our dino's names a similar makeover. Phil was now "Lord Phil of Breakwater", a truly joyous memory.

I suppose it was sometime after that that I became the new survivor "Excalibur"

I suppose that is enough for the first part of my memoirs. Ending just after the first fear evolved event seems like an apt stopping point. I might just have more to share another time. I really do love this game.

Bought Ark during steam sale, started playing on NA Scorched Earth 733. Was pretty rough learning curve, but eventually I could survive longer and longer.

Built a small base, tamed a few dinos by luck. Made a bigger base and tamed more dinos, got raided by some prick on a lvl 230 griffin, so it was then I learned of "alpha" tribes. Spent a few days away, finally came back and rebuilt, built bigger and better, more dinos tamed.

Met a guy who invited me to join him, tamed a bunch more dinos, built bigger, got started on a separate base to tame dragons. Met a kid and he joined too, but then he raided a neighbor I was on good terms with. So I built a wood cage and stuck his body in it, when neighbor came on gave him all his stuff back. The guy who I joined with got him to trade a pteranadon egg for a bunch of adobe foundations.

After spending days and hours gathering and building more, many more hours taming argentavuses and more dinos, went to get some pizza and groceries one evening, came back and I'm locked in a small stone room. After I died I see I couldn't respawn at any beds.

Got back to the base I built and it turns out I wasn't part of the "tribe" anymore, and everything is gone. Luckily I pin coded some of the doors so I was able to get in and see what was going on. So now everything I had built is there but not mine. What a waste of what little time I have left.

Turns out the two guys were brothers, and conned me, marched all of my dinos to the red obelisk to teleport them or something. Laughing all the way calling me [I'm gonna get banned] and Dodo, and that I got "pranked".

Screw this game, nothing but bullies and scammers. Trash community. Not going to be recommending this game at all to anyone, time to warn everyone on the friends list about it.

Ark is about the most fun Ive had playing a sandbox type game, its addictive and cant seem to get away from it. My tribe has built up pretty large but the problem is loosing tribe mates because this game does take up so much time. Trying to find new people is tough that will stick with the game because it is challenging. I enjoy that challenging aspect though. Even when your level 100 with a million dinos you can still die if your not careful and if your really not paying attention get troodoned for 10 min (yes thats a word now). Overall been playing the game with a few random people I met, making new friends on the server and growing together. This game requires a lot of people to move forward and quickly. 

Im a solo pvp player, I've played on about 7 servers. I usually roam maps until i find a good base location,  then build up till it gets destroyed! Then i move on. I like the challenge of building up a base, my best one was on server 679 (destroyed by the alpha tribe) & currently trying to build in the snow to make it more challenging for myself & to raiders. I enjoy the game & the challenges. 

I usually start the game off like every other person, grind up them levels then get dodos, start the kibble farm on dodos, then next i go to pteranodons, usually build a tall house then keep dinos on the top floor with elevators, but i live on 440 right now around the red obelisk if anyone wants to come and see my base. I'm hermit, i'm also accepting tribe invitations. 

Ark has impacted so many lifes as you see with people at 3000 hours. 

Okay, so I was raising 2 baby ankylos, both were at 9% and beings that they eat out of troughs at 10% I thought it was safe to load them full of berries and go to bed beings it was 6am at that point and I had to go to work soon. BAD IDEA! Woke up, babies were dead :((((( 1% so sad to have lost my mutated Red/Green mating pair Ankylos.

I've just started playing Ark in the last month after my first 100 hours, my love for the game started to dwindle..I wasn't having as much fun as I did, and I really wanted something more when I realized I needed a tribe! I teamed up with a pal that I found had as much knowledge and love for the game as I did and it was history from there! We know our boundaries and we love the team aspect of the game! Our next mission is to start tackling bosses, before the dreaded PvP challenge! (:

my personal giga breeding adventure: 

the first giga i breed i was so happy to get the egg from a real nice person, he stopped playing now ;/, a giga egg with 195% melee, so awsome. i build a big metal building for my giga breeding... i hatched the egg,  50h until the egg break... then it come out with a nice dark red color and i was just happy... i feeded it with my own hands 28h until it was juve.. then another 4 days with perfect imprint and then the day come my hearth break... i brought him out for a walk, left him to my rexes and a full trough of fresh meat... 5 min after that it has disapeard... no tribe log entry..nothing it was just gone :( 2 weeks later i left the game for 3 weeks...

1 months after i came back, i breed gigas again. 2 of the same egg... 1 male 1 female... i breed them to adult with both 96% imprint (official server)!! everybody breeding gigas know what 96% imprint means ... without 2x events or st like that. 

i gave the female to my tribemate, he cannot breed. need to work and got a wife and baby at home, so i wanted him to have a good giga too.. 

i go to se on an other server to collect some wyv eggs... 5h later i come back to theisland server... my fem was dead.. he fell into water with it and it died... 1 day after 14 day care :/

never lucky :|

Archived