Your ARK Stories!

Jen

At this moment I have a small 900 hours in the game which is a lot for me. Still I have friends that are exceeding the 6000 hours in the game. Together with friends I bought the game and it was addiction from the start. My friends started a bit earlier than me and I heard stories of angry bronto's which flatend entire bases, so I had to see what the fuzz was about. Also I seen videos of angry joe playing the game which triggered me to try it.

Well just when I joined my friends decided to move their base to another location, they called it the big migration because of all the dino's they owned back then. This was on the island map and from the coast we moved land inwards to a location on a rock overlooking a valley. The first night I decided to tame a trike, just so I could contribute to the new base. this actually helped a lot and went pretty good.

next day we decided to go out on a hike with the dilo's, that was less a succes. The dilos agro'd on something and run of a cliff into some lake... my friend jumped right after them to the resque.... I had to get a pteradon to get them all out...

After played a while on this server they were doing a reset( I think because a big update of the game). we all decided to start somewhere else now on the east side of the island above a river. We thought a base on a river, what can go wrong.... well first of all, at nights it was so cold that we froze solid. We died like 30 times that first night in our thatch hut in the middle of the river trying to keep the fire burning.

Everytime we died we had to spawn on the east beach which was partically exciting because of all the t-rexes that were smiling at us when we spawned there.

Well we managed to get the base going and more and more people joined the group, at the top I think we were with 15 or so. 

Next new big patch was resulting in the new ice biome... ok so were were situated just in between the ice biome and the jungle biome, one side of the base was 40C and other side was -30C.

We became all powerfull after we caught some giga's and decided to start all over on a different center server where we went all for ourselves but still in one tribe called (plasmacannondiscounter). 

My base as of now. I still need to make the base itself beautifull again but the idea is there and the views are amazing :D

My daughter(9) is now playing Ark with the daughter of one of my friends and also with her brother(6) on the PS4. Its funny to see them interact via the teamspeak with eachother. Also funny is that we (grown man) from time to time scream like little girls when running away from a t-rex or any big man eating thing but these little girls themselfs are actually kinda fearless.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Survivors!
large.59050e8ecb82f_ShooterGame2016-05-1619-06-15-53.00_00_49_19.Still004.jpg.389e2ac35b8d0666bf7253a2ddbcb1d1.jpg
We're looking to collect some player experiences with ARK and we're reaching out to you. [emoji4]
We want to know: how do you play ARK? 
Do you play with your family/kids? Co-workers? Did you meet new friends through the game that have impacted your life since? Did you become a content creator (YouTuber/Streamer/Artist/Etc) because of ARK, or how has ARK affected that if you were before? Have you used ARK at school for learning purposes, such as education using ARK creatures or using the devkit? Are you a teacher who plays with your students?
If you think you have a particularly interesting story about your ARK experience, please share it below!
:Jerblove:
I bought ARK a couple of summers ago for an insane deal. $9! I am a high schooler, so I don't have much time to play. I love building bases, but they never look good enough. When I'm on any multiplayer server, I try to make as many friends as possible. This gives me allies (and potential tribemates) and lowers the chance of me being raided. My favorite mount is the Iguanadon, and my favorite shoulder pet is the Otter. I have about 600 hours and play (mostly) solo. This game is one of my favorites. My favorite map is the Island. If I had the time, I'd try to make mods using the devkit.

ARK is awesome!

• 2 months later...

I play ARK on mobile because my old PC broke and I can't use it for gaming anymore? I'd like to say that you guys did a great job of porting the game over to mobile platforms but there as with any game, there are many improvements that could be made. 

So anyway, I started playing with a friend on the PVP server Cannon. Nothing too special, walking around stabbing people with spears and running from our resident spino.

Did I mention that we were terrified of therizinos?

So my friend logged on and grinded quute a bit, eventually muscling in on our Chinese neighbours territory and adding them to an alliance after killing them more times that was necessary.

We built a beautiful 3x3 on a peninsula east of Weathertop out of wood. My friend built a trap out of stone and we got pistols and went theri hunting. We also tamed a Level 100+ trike. We thought we were invincible!

Well, that was the first mistake.

You guys would know of a small mountain in the south with metal on its peak. Well, we called that area "Magic Mountain" and boy, did we love that amazing place. Every single day we would sail out there in our raft and rip that juicy metal from that amazing peak! Well, on one run, I decided to be funny and pulled out my new crossbow, loaded with tranqs, and aimed at my friend.

Twang!

Just as I hit the fire button, a green shape swooped in front of me like an incarnation of flappy death. My arrow wobbled in an embarassingly wonky direction as I was jerked out of my raft!

Turns out that ptera was quite high-leveled (almost 200 I think) and belonged to a prick named Krim.

I immediately reloaded and sent a narcosis-inducing gift into the rear of the offending flier. Krim's response was the drop me. A slam later and I was injured. Crawling desperately away. 

Like a friend, Cyber leapt towards Krim spamming arrows. Krim was hit straight in the head by a tranq and shrugged it off like it was nothing! What? He immediately bola'd Cyber and whacked him in the noggin with something that looked suspiciously like a frying pan.

It wasn't later till I found out it was actually a frying pan. Screw you, ARKetypes.

Cyber crumpled, and I got panned too. I could only watch in impotent rage as I was fed narcos and my stuff confiscated. To make matters worse, Cyber was picked up and handcuffed somewhere in the redwoods! It took him three hours to starve to death.

When asked, Krim's response was this.

this is what happens when you get in my way

your friend shot me when i tried to say hi

I dunno if picking a confused noob up with your super-flier is the proper way to say hi without expecting reactions tho.

That was the first chapter of my ARK life. I might write about the second, colloquially known as the Sad Boom Boom Incident, sooner or later.

Archived