Your ARK Stories!

Jen

So I left my golem out in the quarry, in disguise of course, and I left it there because I was busy making walls, and didn't want to bring it back home. Except I got tired, had a nap, came back on, remembered it was out there, and went looking. I literally thought the game had deleted my golem with a legit stone, because the updates put on a new disguise that looks convincing. Yeah I was panicking. Thankfully it was still there, playing hide and go seek. 10/10

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my friends have been playing Ark since Summer 2015. In that time we have created so many memories.

We started off playing on Official Server 95 and together we worked our way from a small group of fresh spawns on the beach with two trikes and a raptor to a tribe to be reckoned with, we had land and an alliance with one of the most well known tribes in the server. We expanded and I went off on my own adventure to the North, building a small cabin in the woods. After we were targeted by the server's alpha tribe we expanded even further, merging with some of the smaller tribes to create a very strong opposition, building a fortress around my once small northern cabin. We went to war and we lost.

We began playing on my own private server that I run from my computer and in that time we have jumped and explored every official map. Tackling the original ark, sailing the seas of the centre and now we are currently surviving in the searing inferno that is Scorched Earth.

One of my personal favourite moments has to be on The Centre:

We were sailing in one of my own creations the "house boat" which is where me and my two equally dedicated friends spent most of our time. We were making our way through the deadly swamps, infested with Piranhas, Sarcos and Titanboas among other monstrously dangerous animals. We had ramps on the back of the house boat which came in handy when were docked and we had a Lystrosaurus on board named Daisy as well as my loyal Dimorphodon Nightwing. What we didn't take into consideration is that attacking Sarcos could climb onto the back and stick to the boat while we were traversing through. And just as Murphy's law predicted, the worst happened. We were all rushed into combat, I drew my sword and the others drew their pikes and we dove at the attackers, the fight went on on the boat and into the water. We managed to push them back allowing us to keep moving but in all of the commotion Daisy slid into the water, we turned to see her struggling to try and swim back to us before being devoured by Sarcos. But we had to leave and we were lost already as it was. It was one of the biggest rushes I've ever had in the game and it's so exciting to think back to. The houseboat days with the guys were the best days I had on ARK.

Thankfully me and my friends have been screen-shotting our memories and one day i decided to delve back through all of our memories and compile an enormous album of some of our fondest memories (imgur.com/a/Vnumw).

In this time I have also created a short YouTube series entailing our adventures which I regularly rewatch to reminisce about fun times we've had.

Ark is the only game that I can boot in the early afternoon and sit up until the sun has gone down and come back up, I can't tell weather that's a good thing or a bad thing yet but what I can say is that I've enjoyed every hour that I've put into this game so far and I can't wait to continue playing after launch and see what else the Devs have in store for us.

Ladies and Gentlemen, survivors of all creeds, maps and playstyles gather around to hear the tale of the Ascendant Saber Saddle, but first and introduction. I am DeWulfman, storied leader of Arkaholics Anonymous and master of dinos. With over 2860 hours in the harsh climates of our favorite survival simulator, I am a veteran of the Arks, but this was not always the case. 

It all started when I was exploring the island on a new server. This was in the early days,all happening within 6 months of the games buy-in beta release, so we didn't have all this fancy teknology we have today, we had pteras, and boy was I excited to have one. I'd only ever tamed one Ptera before and that was on a different server. We were so excited to get out and explore this server we'd just joined, which had not reset since the now infamous "never spoil" bug was fixed, so we knew there would be a few bases up and about. I had just begun my journey over the wondrous rivers and cliffs of the south-eastern quadrant, then the unthinkable happened. I pressed E. We've all done it, don't lie there's no shame in it, but there's no denying the feelings of dread as you plummet to the ground with nothing but your fat fingers to blame. As I raced toward the ground I didn't even look below me, I knew this was my only ptera and I would not be able to get back to all of my items before they despawned, I just wouldn't make it in time, I had already accepted losing my items and probably my only flying mount, my head was already in my hands waiting for the sound of death to play as soon as my feet hit the ground. But I heard nothing. How could this be possible, how is it that I made the most fatal of all noob errors and escaped with my life? Water. I WAS IN THE RIVER! I couln't believe it, I immediately swam for the shore and whistled my faithful bird to come rescue me, that's when I saw him. A body, just laid out on the coast. Strange, I thought, for a man to be lying on the shore where anybody could loot his items, and I'll admit, I was that anybody. As I opened his inventory I could not believe my eyes, an Ascendant Sabertooth Saddle! It was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen, having only been at level cap once before and had never even heard of Ascendant before. I was not going to let just anyone get their hands on it, it had to be mine, MY PRECIOUS!

I immediately flew back to my base and was so excited to tell my tribe mates about my wonderful discovery. As recounted my tale of noobery and then my sudden change of luck, they didn't believe me. Hell I didn't believe me, it was so rare and to just find it on someone's body out on the ground was just impossible, yet here it was. We were so excited about our new saddle we even told the server chat, and that's where it all went wrong. Back in those days you couldn't just HAVE something like that. Our base was pretty well defended and we were certain that we'd were the strongest tribe outside of the admins, and they wouldn't raid us, right?? Not right. Sooooo very not right. Less than a week later we were hit, and they cleaned us out like a Daeodon at a feeding trough, I mean we had nothing. The second I logged on I knew it was gone, I knew who had attacked us and why, we had to move, we had to be safer next time. You see, I'm a proud man, a stubborn man, and I was not about to have my stature so disrespected and shattered by someone over a saddle! I was determined to show the admins that they could not just walk over us like this. So we moved into South Cave 2, now known as Upper South Cave. (This was before buildings in caves took extra damage) We filled out cave with 4-5 rexes, which was quite the feat pre-kibble on official-type server settings, and various other dinos. We also had quite an expansive base with turrets galore running throughout the upper cave area. We were finally safe again.

It seemed as soon as we fully settled into our new environment, the news came out. Cave bases were being nerfed, invalidated, OBLITERATED in terms of viability. Our home was no longer safe, but then it dawned on us, neither was theirs! We both had to move, out of the caves and back into the greater wild of the island, and I knew the perfect spot. The famous Hidden Lake of the north, known for it's staggeringly high walls and cliffs and just 3 points of entry, it is the creme de la creme of base locations, and it just had to be ours. It took a day or two to get the metal building pieces together (keep in mind this was before quetz, snails or even frogs) so we had to work for it. Finally we were ready to move and we placed our base right on the small shelf to the south-west side of that beautiful lake area, making sure it would be secure. After spending the better part of 2 hours getting my new base put together my second-in-command and I decided to go out and see how difficult it would be to wall off these 3 entry points. Then we saw him. That insolent, little, good-for-nothing built his base right into one of the canyons leading into our base! We were sure he didn't know about our new base as it was just built, and he hadn't been there for more than a day or two at most. I was outraged! That snake had already stolen my new home from me, but I would not be bested again, this was our chance, but it was just myself and my second-in-command Slackerman online, but we had to strike, before he knew we were there. So we mortgaged most of our remaining cave base and turned as much as we could into weapons and explosives. We didn't have many, but it would be enough, it had to be. 

When we arrived with our army to his gates, we were ready. It is with no great pride I admit that we raided him while he was offline, but turnabout is fair-play after all  In with our rexes and sabers as we set upon his flock of dinos. We dispatched the dinos with little effort, and now it was time to tackle his base, and rid my new base of this disgusting creature. The C4 worked like a charm and we were in within seconds, we were finally going to get our revenge, or so we thought. We had used our rexes to climb over their small walls, but on the other side we had no way to open the gates and be joined by our rexes. As soon as we cracked the shell of his base dinos cam pouring out, as if from the mouth of hell itself. argents, pteras, Scorpions you name it. This man had a veritable zoo of dinos, yet I did not see any Sabers. We dispatched with the horde of dinos by retreating to our rexes and having them attack from over the wall, this strategy worked perfectly and we had no issue whatsoever. As we began to walk further into the base we noticed it was built on pillars, and that there must have been something underneath it. Before we could even consider blowing up the floor, our stupid Rex, Reggie, thought it was a good idea to stick his fat nose right into the building and sure enough he glitched me through the floor. That's when I finally saw them the sabers. Two of them the first one fell to my apprentice spear and 300% melee damage in a matter of seconds, but I knew this second one would be a challenge, he was the ascended one. I stabbed for what seemed to be hours making sure to keep pillars between me and him and taking very few hits in the process. Little did I know my spear was not going to make it, just as my stamina began to waver my spear broke. Here I am with low stamina, no real melee weapon and an angry pre-historic jungle cat bearing down on me. Then the armor started breaking, I had to act fast, there was no time to hesitate, so I pulled out my hatchet. With a warcry that could shake William Wallace and rival a Yutyrannus I charged the beast and let fate decide what would happen. Each blow I struck directly on the nose, all the while frantically watching my health bar to see if I would be dying before my foe was defeated. With a broken bone at the bottom right of my screen and my heart beating in my ears, I slew the beast. I couldn't believe it. I knew before I opened the corpse that the precious would finally be mine again, and it was.  

With great exuberance we went about looting the base and using their own weapons/supplies to destroy their pillars until nothing but a shattered husk remained. It was as if we'd cracked open the vaults of Gilgamesh himself, there was more than we could ever carry in one trip, even with our army of dinos. We marched back and forth triumphantly taking as many trips as we needed to get every last drop of that fat loot, myself atop my most precious of items on a sabertooth the whole way home, and then I looked at the clock. IT HAD BEEN 11 HOURS! I had been playing for 11 hours without stopping for anything, yet it was still glorious. As my brother-in-arms headed off to work without any sleep I had the day off, and had to take a small nap before I could continue playing, and so I did. Less than an hour later I awoke, still reveling in last night/this morning's raid. Ready to enjoy the fruits of my sleepless night I logged back on, eager to rejoin my saber and saddle on a victory-lap to gather chitin. As soon as I logged in I knew something was wrong. The base was darker than it should have been, and where were all the friendly green names of my dinos surrounding me to greet me as I came back online. They were all being killed, slaughtered by HIM! You see, we had only hit their new base location, the rest of their dinos had not been moved yet, but how could we know. A horde of carnos was tearing through my home and I lay unconscious on the floor, rendered immobile by narcotics. As one-by-one red letters appeared at the top of my screen letting me know one of my flock or his had been killed, the battled raged for quite some time. Finally when my character had awoken from his poison I frantically searched for the body of my dead Saber, as all my dinos had fallen in battle. He did not have much left either, as far as I could tell only one carno and some dinos stuck outside of my base as well. Just as I reached the body of my departed friend, I heard his voice. "Looking for something?" He sneered smugly from his Carno. "YOU DireWolf!" I shouted, ready to fight for my precious until it was mine again. We yelled at each other and made threats until we both decided neither one would give up this saddle. It would destroy us both. It was then we knew what we had to do. We had to destroy it for the good of the server, hell for the good of ourselves. We needed to know neither one of us could pick it up at the last second, it had to be the Lava Cave. 

We made quick time to the cave and soon stood on the edge of the lava lake looking in. On the count of 3 he was to cast it into the ocean of piping hot destruction below, and our feud would be settled. As I watched the box fly from his inventory I had to verify it was the saddle we were fighting over. As i saw the red letters, and finally the package, make their decent into the flames I couldn't help but to think of all the trouble it had caused, and how little it really mattered when compared to the vast amount of resources which had gone into fighting over it. It had been 4 months since I first discovered this treasure on that beach, and now it had consumed my time on ark. With one final, and completely fluid and not-at-all rubberbandish *cough* *cough* decent into the lava we watched the box disappear, never to bother us again. In the end we decided it would be best to move from our Hidden Lake base, and give our admin the space he needed. As the server got older, and we got bigger, battles were fought and tribes were wiped, but never did Snorpit (our admin) and I go to war, we knew exactly what the other was capable of and there was a certain level of respect there. Once the server population had finally died and it was time to say goodbye, we got together at the obelisk to share our stories and reminisce about the server that would soon be gone, I recounted the tale of the ascendant saber saddle, and he finally told me that it was, in fact, his body that I stole it from in the first place. Today I don't know what server he's on, or whether he even still plays, but Slack and I will always remember that damn saddle, and the war that was fought over it. 

I hope you've enjoyed my "short" story and would like to remind you to keep your mouth SHUT, should you find something amazing, because there's always someone who's going to want it, and you never know what they're willing to do to get it. 

I started playing not long after the game came out and first went on a pvp server. This was back when if u had an argent, u basically ruled the server. Of course for someone who has no idea what they are doing and took them a couple days to figure out how to pick up a rock, this was bad. I played pvp for a couple months and then went to pve and realized that ill never go back to pvp again.

I only ever heard about this game about 10 days ago and have been addicted since, Before coming here to Ark, i was running (and still) hosting my own server in Minecraft, it wasn't until a family member brought this game to my attention, so figured i would give it a chance. after going in a few servers and not liking the op xp/tame rates etc. I decided to host my own server and learn the basics that way. When i first started this game, i was using my laptop as sadly my pc was in another country. 

Upon entering the server for the very first time i had literally no idea where to build so i just went with the top option and chose the east side (which turned out to be a good choice so i wasn't getting mauled by everything in sight) After figuring out within a day or so, which animals was friendly, which were a pain in my backside and which animals are more ideal for tame, i started to take a proper interest, giving the fact i had to source each item (some of which weren't as easy to get at the time) my first build was a horrendous sqaure wooden room with a level above for the "mortar/pestle and smithy room" The carno was my first time and dear lord, the time it took to tame i felt like stabbing my eyes with a fork due to the time it took, but after being disheartened by the time, i decided to do what all players should do and thats check the taming guides (wish i knew that before) but you live and learn. I have went threw numerous birds i am now up to bird # VII easier to keep track of how many i have. forward until this day, and i am more confident, more sharper and have a way better understanding of the basic game mechanics as i dwell further into the forest i can only imagine there is a buttload of evil things waiting for me and the challenge i shall accept dearly. i would rate myself as a beginner just now as there is so much to learn, take in. This is by far the best survival game i have played in a long time and one i shall continue to keep hosting my server in and playing. 

I started playing this game with my bf on a private server. I loved it. Taming and riding dinos! It was fantastic. I must admit this game became all consuming! We were suddenly fitting our lives around the game. Decided to venture out into pvp and boy was that a whole new dimension to the game. Ended up having a 6 months break just to play adult for a while. Now back again. With a tribe and a great team! Determined to grow and just enjoy the game. 

Oooh devs why did you do that to me :D

After 2.8k hours of play time i was finally at the end of my interest in the game and the biggest reason was the time consumed playing this game :) So i stopped playing for about 2 weeks.

Then i saw the latest update: Ragnarok map with wyverns and thought.. nice, if i ever restart it'll be on that map.... then reading further i saw it: new creature GRIFFIN. Now that right there is my all time favorite phantasy creature (hence my gaming name :) ).

Conclusion..... My break was a very short one, i have now started a new single player game on ragnarok and i must say i have found the perfect spot. Highlands north, that beach is huge and flat, it has beached whales giving keratin, hide, spoiled meat and a trickle of oil. On the left there is the lava region which houses crystal (and megalania...) and on the right are the highlands with metal, sheep and horses (but also allosaurs which are not far from my base...). And to top it all off, the seafloor drops almost immediately so a water pen is definitely possible here.

I'm loving this map, great resource distribution, very nice scenery and SE and normal engrams. My thanks to the devs and the creator of this great map. 

Ow and a little note from my wife "i hate you all for keeping my husband tied to this game..." B|

On 4/29/2017 at 6:05 PM, ImGrumpyyCat said:

I think I am one of the few people who can say that Ark has turned my life around completely.

Like many, I bought ark just after its initial release in the summer of 2015. I played on a laptop (The same one I still play on today) and due to the optimization issues back in the day it would sometimes take me up to an hour to load the game and start playing. I persisted though! Usually I would just leave the game running all day, so I wouldn't have to load it up every time -trust me, the theme tune really starts grinding your gears after 48 hours- but I loved every minute I got to play. 

flash forward to December of 2015

I had just started playing on an unofficial server, setting up base on the east coast just at the mouth of the small canyon. I'd just finished building a two story house out of wood when I heard a knocking on the door. I looked at that my tribe mate and carefully approached our door. Behind the door a microphone symbol popped up. Somebody was saying hello. We opened the door and there was "Bob". Bob was our neighbour and he wanted to say hi. He dropped us some gear and resources and he was off again.  We saw Bob several times over the next few days as we trotted around on the beach, gathering materials and taming dinosaurs. I tamed my first few raptors and lovingly named one Foxtrot. One afternoon whilst trotting through the forest near our house I stumbled upon Bob's Base  (We'd never seen it before, Bob was kind of secretive about it). I knocked on the door and Bob came out. He greeted me and we had a chat. When he opened up his dinosaur gate however, I was greeted with a much less friendly neighbour, that being his Stego Neil -who was set to agressive-. Neil quickly dispatched of me and sadly, as I was running back, also of poor Foxtrot. I scrambled back to Bob's house and asked him if I could please at least have my gear and Foxtrot's saddle back. This became the turning point in our neighbour-relationship as Bob realised that I was not going retaliate and we quickly became actual friends. We joined servers together, built bases, waged wars, explored. We grew to be best friends and after we met up, a couple as well. We still play Ark to this day. 

I can well and truly say that Ark has changed my life, as I am still out there trotting side by side with whom I believe to be the love of my life.

Ark will always have a special place in our hearts.

Thank you. ♡ 

Ps: Phil, I know you are going to read this, because obviously I'm linking it to you, so ..err.. 

You are the best ♡ 

So you fell in love with each and every Bob? WOAH! #trollface #Bob&Robertarethesamename #Kappa

It all started when I picked up the demo for this game on Xbox which was months and months back from now when I never knew anything about the game I just saw there was a demo so I downloaded it and ran around like a savage punching dinos and dodo's! After that I took a swim... BAD IDEA! Long story short, I got eaten by piranha's 9_9

And now I'm here after months loving the game. 

I'm level 82 now but back when I played with my one of my in real life friends we made and lived on a boat and rode it around as it was our house we never tamed anything but spent all our time living in that boat parking it next to the mountain and when we logged off driving it to the edge of the map then one day as were we're riding around a couple people on argentavis started stalking our boat and preparing to raid so we pulled out our longnecks and started defending our boat with only 2 longnecks finally after 30 minutes under siege the enemy tribe left us alone (we killed one argentavis which was level 246) so our wood boat lived for another day

My ARK Story,

I play with my 2 brothers and some friends all in there is about 6/7 of us, we are not the best at ARK but really do enjoy it.

It seems that no matter what server whether it be Official or Dedicated we get wiped with 2/3 days of being on the server everyone is killed on site.

We do nothing wrong but get hit no matter what on both PVP & PVE.

Its annoying as it completely disheartens the fact of playing ARK and 'building up'

I'm hoping to come across a good friendly PVP server that the alphas look after.

Dupers on server 543 has gotten the server wiped, and everyone lost their characters. I put in tons of real life hours as well as my other tribe members who are adults. Only to have some pissy kids screw us over? They did it for 4 days straight and got the server taken down each time for about 4 - 6 hours. The final day it just never came back up. It was the 4th day that we had enough and wanted to transfer our stuff off the server. Never got that chance. Seeing this, they had better wipe this entire game upon release.

This ark story could have ended in disaster.  

Went into carno cave searching for megalania.  Didn't see any on first pass, but a 120 male megalosaurus tried to make us its dinner.  We were on our battle cats (thylas), so we weren't in any real danger.  Didn't bring anything to tame the megalosaurus, but decided to tranq it anyway.  

The megalosaurus goes down and we start identifying what we will need to tame it.  Plenty of oviraptor eggs available, but the time to tame is much longer than I'd like it to be.  Raw mutton is a better option (by far), so we identify a sacrificial lamb from our group of sheep.  

Meanwhile, we continue to search the cave.  A tribe mate is walking up the path when he's hit in the head with a dropping.  He takes a look.  Megalania spotted.  Boom.  Tranq.  Level 10 megalania down.  Wanted something better, but it's stats aren't too terrible.  This one is male.  So we start the taming process on that as well.  

We keep searching the walls and I catch an anomaly on one wall.  Spyglass it and yup, level 15 female megalania.  Boom.  Tranq.  Now we are taming that one (the first had already finished).  

So the megalosaurus is still doing its wake up/go back to sleep thing so we haven't even brought over the ovis yet.  We also have the one megalania back at the base and are taming its mate.  Otherwise the cave is quiet.  

Fast forward.  Taming is done.  Both megalania are out and back at base, but we can't get the megalosaurus out of the cave.  It falls every time we get to a break in the path (they don't jump).  We put it to sleep and start checking the forums.  "You can't get them out of carno cave."  "It's impossible."  "RIP" were common threads on the topic.  We would not be deterred, but we did need some sleep, so we left it on neutral and got some rest.  

Found a response on one of the forums that said you could have it follow at lowest level to get it across the jumps.  Hmmm.  Let's try it.  Took a few attempts, but we finally got it across the first jump.  Yay!!!!  Alright, two more jumps to go.  Get it to the second jump and after a number of failed attempts, decided again that sleep was important in real life.  Put it to sleep again and called it a night. 

Third day of trying to get this thing out of the cave.  Side mission is to look for higher level megalania.  So it's daytime and we prefer not to have the sluggish megalosaurus, so we're wasting time looking around the cave and find a level 70 female megalania.  Shweet.  

Hit it with a tranq and it comes running.  No worries, right?  You've done this twice already.  Ummm, what the heck is this mega rabies thing that just flashed on my screen?  Why is my health going down?  Ummm, food doesn't help.  NOOOOOO.  Got it knocked out, but died before I could get narcotics on it.  Had a sleeping bag set up, so I respawned and immediately looked for thyla.  Megalania woke up and was attacking.  Killed the level 70 disease carrier.  Got my gear from my corpse.  Resumed the attempts to get megalosaurus out of the cave.  

Tribe mate uses thyla to create a Dino bridge across the second jump.  Mega gets blocked from falling through.  Jump off.  Whistle follow.  Made it!!!  We're one jump from exiting the cave at this point.  Tribe mate tries to walk across it with the long mega strides.  NOOOOOO!!!!!  

We are back to the first jump again.  But we've done this one so many times it's cake.  Second jump we have down as well.  So now we have to tinker with the third jump and use a thyla bridge similar to the second jump. But the mega goes to sleep right around the time he gets stuck on the thyla.  Grrrrr.  I force him to wake up by telling him to follow me and he is doing the running man in slow motion on top of the thyla in the middle of the jump.  Smh.  The lag continues to tease me because he looks like he's getting out, but then he's back on the thyla.  This can't be happening.  

Night falls again, so we are at his normal operating time, but he's too tired from sleep debt.  Fine.  Put him back to sleep.  As soon as he wakes up, I whistle follow and he runs to me.  FINALLY!!!!  I hop on him to prevent Ark from happening.  Take him out the exit and my tribe mate grabs the thyla.

By far one of my most exhilarating experiences because it was supposed to be impossible.  Still pumped that we got that thing out of there.  

Thats my ark story for the last 3 days.  LOL.   

One of my Nest Raid stories

It involves a Giga, a Argy, the Scar, 6 wyverns and balls of Vibranium. I flew to the Northern reaches of the Scar where the earth opens at the foot of the mountains in fire and brimstone. I had in tow with me my trusted Milsandra, a 4 story tall platform of teeth. 30 000 health, 290% melee and a bad attitude towards Wyverns.

I anchored my death machine to the area and took my argy on a ceiling tour of the scar, wyverns a plenty for as far as the Scar could stretch. There was eagerness in my eyes and determination in my stead. I landed to the south and finalised my attack plan, it wasn't going to be easy.

I wobbled to edge and peered into the abyss, hell was my play ground. Instantly a Wyvern could be seen, a magnificent beast, I pressed my spyglass to my eye, lvl90, I licked my lips in anticipation. This was going to be a fine day indeed. I launched myself and steed into the mire of death and desolation and buzzed the evil beast, to my surprise its fellow was hiding out of sight below me, I jinxed and dived and the two drakes collided in frustration. set my heading north and began my ill conceived plan.

High and low I flew, another wyvern in anger caught my tail with a mighty blast of static air from its maw. I was only a quarter way through this nightmare. The sun was high and suddenly the Scar was empty, I perched on a crystal the size of a mountain and rallied myself and steed and the, there in the distance, my goal!

Out whipped my spyglass and HAZAA! a lvl170 lightening egg, but where was the mother, surely something so precious would not be unguarded. I approached by the nape of the earth, weaving between fire plumes and smog. I landed next to the nest, gigantic it was. I looked around, still no wyvern, I dived into the nest, grabbed the egg and made for my ride. Then came the heart pounding moment, 5 wyverns circling above, how did I not see them, I straddled my mount and took off low to the earth, the game was up, they caught scent of the pilferer in their midst and like the reason they were named King of the Skies, they cartwheeled over dove after me.

I looked ahead and could see my exit plan, 300 meters in front and 200 meters up, barred by a 60foot red winged daemon. My curiosity overcoming my fear I took out my spyglass, 180, my stomach churned, death by a thousand teeth gaining on me from behind, death by fire to the front. I gritted my teeth, I would not let this be the end, my salvation awaited me, I hurtled towards my destiny.

The drake released its fury, I ducked but still got scorched, the wyvern lunged for a bite, 50% health down, stamina at 25% I passed beneath the fiend and began my climb.

All 6 of the hunters in persuit, I breached the Scar, Milsandra, watching in amusement began to sniff the air, I landed next to her just as the first drake stuck its maw over the lip of the Scar. Mounting my bringer of death I faced the nuisances of the day and watched as the 6 abominations converged on me. I let slip a grin, with a battle roar from Milsandra I lurched into the fray. Two bites and 3 wyverns ended their existence in gurgling death cries. Two of the others were badly bloodied and looked for all the world that they were trying to flee. Neither of us expected what happened next, my trusty steed dove from the sky, sensing the glory in battle, it bared its talons and bit deep with its killers beak, first one, then two, both dragons fell victim to the hunted, how the tables had turned.

Finally, through the dust of battled, our quarry beat its mighty wings, hovering over the corpses of its kin, it admired our tenacity and us his. It roared its challenge and us ours, with steps that shook the earth and wing beats that birthed hurricanes, we collided like titans of old, a fiery breath continued to burn down our flanks, the drake had suffered a series of mortal bites. We parted and circled, each of us knew that this was the end, the drake knew this, Milsandra could smell it, with a mighty roar that woke the Gods of Old, the drake flew at us, releasing a fiery plume that shied the sun.

The last charge of this mighty creature was met by a honoured foe. Ever since that glorious day, the sand is still marked in blood and if you listen carefully enough, you can hear the battle cries of those enigmatic beasts echoing in the mountains...and the response in kind given by Milsandra, the Wyvern Slayer.

Archived