Your ARK Stories!

Jen

First memorable experience of ark is flying an Anky up to the snow ob and dropping it somehow. Searching for a lost dino you love is a desperate experience but that expired when we read "Arnie (Anky's name) killed by Giga".

We had not seen a Giga in the flesh by this point but had enough to tame one as we had anticipated this day would come. twenty mins of searching later and a lot more to trap it and more again to knock it out. We at last had our Giga lvl 50 (but that didn't matter!). He sits in our base towering over all but the Bronto and I like to think that Arnie is in there too.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played ark a year long as a tribe leader, I play on xbox one official servers. I kinda got a rick grimes start.

I started out with a tribe named "Dutch pirates" we had a stone base and I thought we were impenetrable. But as you already thought we were not. 

I started helping out low levels and help them get started, helping other tribes and try to stay on the good side with the alfa's. Lateron we merched into one of the alfa's  (big mistake we got wiped)

Then I bought schorched earth. Became alfa on 876, but we got wiped there to. At this point i got more annoyed with the community because people tend to inside or backstab you. But eh! Part of the game..

At this point i started changing. I made a new tribe and started a 2nd account. Used an industrial grinder to level him up to lvl 70. And started manipulating other tribeleaders, I have them free stuff. Only to attack them on my 2nd account later.

Sinister but very fun. After a while we got wiped by our friends lol.

Right now I'm on xbox one server 10, I got several 1x1 basesin the snow biome. And the only thing I do is grief. I come online to try to breach through tame cages, I've killed 6 gigas and 8 wyverns in about 2 weeks.

Im Doing this because there's no future in official pvp for me. And with all the raiding and wiping I did I got a ton of experience in pvp. I basicly kos everyone I see. Don't matter what level or what tribe. If you meet a guy named Hollander and is lvl 96. You're doomed sir. 

I find this the most fun because it doesn't matter when you lose poop. Because I got back ups. And I only need a few c4 to get in most bases. There's so many ways to glitch in someone's base. 

Thank you wildcard, you made a great game. You can play it in so many ways. I just see myself as the guy you don't want to cross.

On 30/04/2017 at 0:17 PM, woah312 said:

Well, ive had quite a few ups and downs. 

ive met a lot of people, made new friends, lost some friends, become alpha, lost that role and regained it. 

while playing on official i started solo, met some randoms made new friends and became part of an alpha tribe on that server. it was awesome. i had so much fun playing with these people until the biome update... i was based in the north next to the waterfall and logged on to see half of my base on the wrong side of the safe zone.. 2 tribemates and myself spent over 50 hours tearing down and rebuilding industrial forges, cookers and vaults, as well as taking 11 foundations of a 3 story base and moving it in the front. i was finally safe!! until the update hit... i log on to find a massive rock had replaced my base.. a rock that was on the green side of the line. the "SAFE ZONE". everything i had was deleted. including the tribes best farming dinos. contacted the devs and "there is nothing we can do about it" was the only response i could get. had the rock been marked, mentioned anything i would have moved further away. nothing in the patch notes, twitter, reddit, anything. just... screwed..

about 4 months goes by and i finally decide to start playing again and joined my tribe a center server. they were already very well build by the time i showed up, but there was still plenty of work to be done. farming, breeding, base expansion and defense from out of server griefers. again i found myself loving the game and having fun with my friends. but once again that came to a screeching halt. a massive raid was approaching and preparations were being made. we transfer to the server, set up our FOB and start doing work. myself and 4 others decide to leave the server because of the intense lagg causing the server to go down 2 different times. we all transfer back to our home server and carry on building supplies for the people in the fight. i logged off because, as usual, i had to work in 5 hours and still had not gone to bed yet. after work, pumped to get back into the fight, i open ark. load updates, chose the server. and receive a message..... "YOU HAVE BEEN GLOBALLY BANNED"

frantic, i email support, waited patiently for 11 days for the same generic response.. "theres nothing we can do at this time". i replied to the ticket only to have it closed with no help. so i sent another ticket. same generic response. even emailed JAT, who i had little faith would even open or see my email. here it is. 2 months after the fact and i am still banned.

i cant get any help. i cant even get a reason. i spent money on this game. i spent 1700 hours playing this game. just to have to taken away with no explanation.  

all i want to do is play ark with my friends. spend hours breeding dinos. farm. defend. raid. but i cant. and no one (other than trolls) will tell me why.

20170318164439_1.jpg

Ark has really brought me and my uncle and cousins a lot closer. We all play together and have been for a while now and we've pretty much gone through everything. We have been wiped too many times to count, we've been trolled off servers and completely murdered hundreds of times. We built up on probably around 30 servers and got wiped on all of them before we made friends with some people and decided we'd stay on the server no matter what. Because we did, we became alphas. It's taught us all something pretty valuable: you can always get back up when you get knocked on your rear. We've learned to have fun even when we are losing everything we've worked for. Sure it sucks, but we had fun and we are gonna go down defending it. At this point, we are pretty well defended and I don't see us being raided in the foreseeable future, but even recently we had to move because we got wiped on the east side of the map and decided that it was a great opportunity to move north. Lost about 10 bred and mutated rexs, 10 bred and mutated spinos, 30 or 40 pteranodons that have about 4000 mutations on both sides, and a lot more. But we got back up and now we have 2 wyverns and 3 gigas, which we thought wouldn't happen for a long time. This game teaches patience, and it teaches you to hold your temper even when you're losing everything. Such a great game as long as you remember that it is one and you can always rebuild. Good luck and don't give up! 

I've played this game since hour 1 I bought almost as soon as it came out and instantly started playing the most garbage non optimized game every I couldn't even walk around without getting less then 10 frames but I stuck with the game and played it anyway(remember when storage boxes had weight limits that sucked). I played with a couple of online friends for my whole summer break and cut into my school year a bit but we got wiped and rip all of our Dino's and work which was like nothing hehe xD. So I quit for a while I played pve but just recently have I decided to play pvp join a huge tribe and has taught me many leader ship and socializing skills I would've never learned without this games pvp aspect if anyone is looking to make a huge time commitment to any game it would be ARK teaching life lessons and having a ton of fun while doing it 

I'm not exactly sure where I first heard about Ark. I think I had read something back in Spring '16 about SotF coming to PS4 that summer. I was so excited because I'm a science teacher and the idea of trying to survive by evolving and being able to use different strategies instead of just run&gun appealed to me. Plus having the summer to play, it seemed like great timing. I also didn't play PC games much (I could never get the hang of WASD movement), so I was just going to wait for the PS4 release. I watched some youtube reviews, but of regular ark, and thought that looked cool too. But still, I was avoiding playing on the PC. When that got pushed back, I decided that I'd just go ahead and buy the PC version because I just didn't want to wait anymore! 

I decided that before I jumped into SotF, I should learn how to play first, so I wanted to join a PVE server. I chose one, pretty much at random, because I didn't know how to decipher the server names (region, pve, etc). The one I chose ended up being PVP, but I didn't find that out for a few days. I'd made it to level 24 with a hut on the beach, 2 dodos, a dilo, and a trike only to log on the next day and it was all gone. I didn't want to start on a new server and lose my levels, so I rebuilt. Got wiped again. One more time - and again wiped. So I was pretty frustrated and decided to switch to a PVE server. Aside from the raids, I was really enjoying the game so I talked my brother into playing. My husband and I also had just bought a house and were going to be without internet for a few days, so I decided it was a good time to switch servers and go PVE. I let my brother and his friend choose the server while I got internet set up at my new house. 

This is where my story really takes off. Apparently he didn't understand how to decipher server names either, because the one he chose was an OC server (We live in midwest US). But at least it was PVE. They'd started a small base in the north and were having problems getting killed much more than I did in the south, so I convinced them to find a new base location. The south was pretty filled up with bases, but we ran around with a campfire until it turned green. The spot we found was on the beach, near this big purple ramp surrounded by plant x. Those plants were lifesavers at times!

One day I went to tame a dilo and it ran from me - into the ocean. While I was waiting for it to turn around so I could finish the job, another player (in blue armor) swooped in on his ptera (painted blue) and shot it dead with a pistol, then flew away. (More on this later...) I was so mad! I started yelling at them in Global Chat. I gained the sympathy of another established tribe and they took me to tame a raptor instead. I was still upset, but hey - raptor > dilo so I stopped complaining.

My brother, his friend and I built a small base. It had to be small - we were stuck between the river and the base that owned the purple ramp. It was the weirdest shaped hut - one part of it was even missing a roof because "Too Close to Enemy Foundation". The goofy look of our base prompted our neighbors (Kat & Bob) to come say hello. Since our base was open through the ceiling, they just ran inside and laughed at everything. I was pretty upset - there were strangers in my house and making fun of my work! But they weren't being nasty about it and ended up giving us some armor and materials, so I let it go. Later on, they helped us with taming some dinos and when I'd finally saved up enough Rex kibble (ok, another tribe donated most of it ;)) Kat took me out with his Quetz to tame my first one. It was a lv 8 female. We trapped it, I knocked it out, and he let it fall to the ground to tame instead of staying in the air. Bob had been out scouting for Quetz's for me too, so he came over to help Kat guard while I kept her asleep. Kat and I started doing a lot of taming missions together. We got to be pretty good friends and he was definitely my favorite person to play the game with. And after a while, I noticed that he had an obsession with the color blue. I'm still not 100% sure, but I'd be willing to bet he was the mysterious gunman that killed my dilo so long ago. I told him the story once and he didn't remember doing it, but said it sounded like him. He said if it was him, he wasn't trying to troll - if anything he would have been trying to save a cloth-wearing noob from a dilo.

As my dino collection grew, the base needed to grow as well and a nearby spot opened up just on the other side of Bob & Kat's base. So I moved. My brother still played now & then, but his friend had quit a while before. I'd become so addicted to the game that I tried getting my husband to play with us, but he wasn't keen on WASD PC games either. I finally convinced him, though and now he's more attached to the game than I am. Bob took a break from the game for a few months, but when he came back, we got to be pretty close friends with him too. We still haven't met them, but I consider my friendship with them to be as close, if not closer, than any of my "real life" friends. And to think, it all came about because of some random decisions in a dinosaur game. 

How has Ark affected me in real life? Besides my new friends, it has raised my global awareness. It has made things I already knew more meaningful. I'm teaching a course in zoology this year and learning as I go. It cracks me up each time my research turns up something to do with a dinosaur that I know because of ark. During our bird unit, I taught my kids about Archaeopteryx... Troodons... During the fish unit, we learned about megalodon, mosasaurs, basilosaurus. At one point, I wanted to bring my laptop to school and show the kids some of the dinosaurs we were talking about, but I didn't because the school's internet filter blocks steam. (I would have told them that they were meant to be representations only - not the actual dinosaurs)

As for what's happening in my current Ark story? It's almost been a year and it's nice to look back and see how far I've come and everything that's happened along the way. My brother stopped playing earlier this year, so now it's just my husband and me in our tribe. And we're still at that "new" base location, but it's just for breeding. We've recently upgraded to a metal base closer to the center of the map. And Kat's base is still next door to our breeding one, with his purple ramp and plant x. Bob split into his own tribe now, but his base is just up the hill from our new metal one. Eventually we'd like to start a dedicated server to play TheCenter with the four of us, but we're each too busy with real life and other objectives on the island and Scorched Earth at the moment.

ARK for me has been an amazing journey!

I began by watching YouTubers like slipg8ter and others as I am a PS4 player. Watching the game develop and progress even though I couldn't play it myself was still fun and exciting!

I started a Twitter page for the ARK PS4 community, (@arkps4), on 23rd januray 2016. From the small begins of just friends following we have grown to nearly 10 thousand members to date! I also began a petition for Sony to bring ARK to PS4 early. This got 10 of thousands of signatures and I hope helped in bring ARK to ps4 soon than it would otherwise!

With my Twitter page, @arkps4 I continue to share news, updates and much more as well as helping members find tribes and trade dinos and items! 

ARK for me has helped me gain new friends, allies and unfortunately also enemies!

I began streaming ark on youtube upon it's release on ps4 and thanks to the amazing community my channel (www.youtube.com/c/gary87) has grown nicely and I've gained a loyal follower base.

I began playing ark with 3 of my real life friends and now play with 10 other friends I've made from ark as well as having multiple alliances and friends on other servers. I play official PvP with my friends and love most of what ark is! (Other than the trolls)

I also play ark with my children on a non dedicated server and love how much my son and daughter enjoys finding new dinosaurs and exploring the maps!

I have never spent as much time on a game as I do with ark! And I can not wait to see the continued improvement, updates and hopefully pc hosted servers.

Finally a massive thanks to all the devs who have made one of the most addictive and fun games I have ever player. And finally a big thanks to the community, without whom my Twitter page and YouTube channel wouldn't have grown like it has.

Gary87

I originally found out about ARK after finding a trailer on Youtube, way back before the biome update even hit. I started watching Sl1pg8r's videos and getting more into ARK, and of course it wouldn't run on my Mac, but as soon as it came out on Xbox I got it. I've lost interest occasionally but I always come back to ARK. Despite the bugs, glitches, nerfs and changes I still love this game. My first base was on the Southern Island, and once The Center came out I moved there. I was originally on the Secluded Island.

While on The Center I tamed some of my favorite mounts, all 150 perfect tames (I don't bother taming anything besides 150 perfects) Eris the Argie, Edith the Rex, and Halestorm the Anky. I eventually moved to the Redwoods biome, before deciding to go back to The Island. It was a pain transferring everyone over, but once I got everything settled I moved my base to Cragg's Island for a while, and I'm currently moving back to the original base I never finished when I first started playing ARK back on the Southern Island.

Of course I also have things going on on Scorched Earth, too. Living in the canyons with a great view and a nice waterfall!

It may be just a dumb dinosaur video game but I'm really attached to my dinosaurs, I don't know what I would do if they were wiped or lost. Playing really helps with my anxiety and depression and even though I might lose interest something and stop playing for a few months, I always come back to my dinos.

My brother had this game for a couple of months before I joined and now we have a group of four of us who always play this game all the time any of us are online. I absolutely love this game but my biggest issue is the official online servers - the PvE servers are just covered in pillars by one or two tribes so no-one else can do anything and the PvP servers have a few active tribes but loads of abandoned bases from tribes that are no longer active then there's no room for new players to build imo there needs to be some kind of activity monitor so that if a tribe isn't active for like a month or so their structures are removed to make space for new players to keep the servers fresh...

Can I obtain permission to publish my ark story? I played for a very long time and from my beginnings as a lone naked player building my first wood hut(before beavers we're even heard of)like and hand berry taming my first triceratops all the way to leading one of the most aggressive server raiding alphas with third generation mutated gigas. It was a long,  fun , heartbreaking, pulse pounding life consuming experience. Don't know if I'll ever get that value of time spent in a game ever again

I can to ark a bit late so I was thrown in to a baptism of fire, I don't see the point in playing PvE so head first into a PvP server we go.

find a quiet area, build , get wiped find new server was the process we followed for the first week. Not much fun :( but then I discovered rafts and plant turrets :) that lasted 2 weeks after that I discovered people had rocket launchers :( bye bye raft. 

In in the end we decided we had to build big and strong and stick with a server, we got raided a few time on the way but stuck with it until we felt strong enough to finally fight back with the help of a few friends we had met along the way. Bye bye Alphas :) 

To everyone that messed with us along the way I'm coming for you :)

Started on Ark a week after it's release. Went to some official servers but as I like to built I stopped looking for one that had some space for me to built. After switching server for a while I finally found a nice server with a Dutch admin who let me play on my own terms.

Built myself a nice little base 2 x 2 in wood and from there I gradually started building up my bases. The best part was that I befriended both Alpha Tribes who I was in the middle of and they let me be. 

When all players left I asked the admin if I could get the save game and continued on with the server and my bases, thank god he agreed as I already had over 1000+ hours invested by then. Played vanilla Ark for another 3 months and decided to start building bigger bases.

Got in contact with modders like Eco, ISpezz and Hogs and they started asking me to make vids of my bases as these were heavily modded. My first vid got over 60k views so far and won me the Arkitekt competition.

Because of work I quit Ark for well over a year, but kept in close contact with the modders who kept asking me to come back. And now I am back and am finishing my 3rd base on a new server and my 2 previous bases have both won the Arkitekt competition as well.

I love this game, love the devs, the community and all players and modders I have come across. This has been the thing I needed to do something with my creativity and Ark has become my number one game.

For people who would love to take a look at my work, please feel free to take a look at my youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSRFHhnGwe465cm3uZlDzg

I've been watching the YouTuber, Sl1pg8r, play ark from the beginning and I couldn't wait to play it myself. It would probably be better to play on PC but they always intimidate me lol so I just waited for the PS4 release. It's probably my favorite game! But I say that out of a weird sense of insanity, you know when you do something over and over again, like log in every day and playing ark, hoping there will be no crippling lag but it's always there... So many tames lost... my sever averages around 40 people a day though... Even though the lag brings me to tears sometimes, I press on. The game is so great! It has a lot of flaws, but I know the community knows this game has potential above all others! I can't wait to see where it goes!

On 5/17/2017 at 1:10 PM, Bac0nHunt3r said:

I was browsing on dododex to kill some time and decided to look into taming therninzinos. it turns out on the dododex it is labeled as tickle chicken. this made me laugh uncontrollably for some reason. I highly recommend giving it a peek because it certainly made my day.

I got a great chuckle from this as well when I saw this. 

5 hours ago, OppermanLegend said:

Any ideas how to easily tame a Quetzal, Only birds I have are one pteranadon and a Tapejara. I have a friend so we can do something duo. 

I just dont really know how to get the Quetzal knocked out without it flying away.

use the tapejara, mount it together with your friend so one can shoot and the other fly. You do have to increase it's stamina to make it easier. Also if the quetz flies of, it's probably in the direction of the 50/50 coords. Happy hunting

I started to play Ark 2 months ago. I found the game because my son that pointed me to this. He is playing too but meanwhile I am spending more time in the game as him. My main goals are to breed my own dinos while currently I am mainly focussing on rexes and quetzes. Beside that I am breeding some bears since they're more easy to do.

Attention all Arkers, recently a person and his friends with the Xbox gamertags "halawir" "bfnj" "naredefuse" "imjustacop" and "boomtastic101" invited my friends and co arkers to a party to "DDos" multiple members of our tribe and allied tribes. They came to our server that I will keep anonymous to troll, which is perfectly fine thats apart of the game. We ended up knocking one of them out, cuffed them and kept them prisoner for a short time until he DDos multiple people. Block these gamer tags to avoid having your internet completely shut off, and report them to keep the ark community safe. They messed with the wrong alpha tribe, for we went to one of their servers and completely wiped them. If anyone has any info where  these gamers are held in a different server please let me know and they will be wiped indefinitely. Do not accept any party invites, or message them as you could possibly be shut out of your interenet. (DDos is a crime in Canada, the US, and many other countries around the globe. Certain countries consider this cyber terrorism so think before you try doing this. After all, it's just a video game for fun.)

Archived