Your ARK Stories!

Jen

I'm honestly a bit of a casual player. I only got my first wyvern about a week before the "flier nerf". (Speaking of, is there a suggestion thread for that? From what I understood, WC was looking for feedback on that.)

Anyway, I actually purchased a refurbished Xbox so that I could run a server with friends. We play with mostly-official rates on max difficulty. Only slightly increased gather rates and taming speeds. Breeding rates are also turned up, but only because we breed for fun, not stats. As of now, I don't have reliable Internet, so the server is down until I can get it running again.

Otherwise, I play on single player. I run max difficulty, with the same rates as on my private server, and I play very cautiously. Still haven't taken on any of the bosses. I tame creatures because I like the colors, not so much for level, though that's slowly changing as I'm beginning to consider going after the various bosses. I tend to stay inside my base at night, as I'm never sure what exactly might be waiting to jump me, and I'm terrified of the ocean. Even wearing goggles, it can be hard to see what's coming up on you, though venture down if I need angler gel. I was super proud the first time (and so far, the only time) that I tamed my own Plesiosaur. My first Mosa was sort of solo; I had a friend along to watch my back and reassure me. (Yeah, the ocean is stressful for me. xD)

I've been considering a venture into PvP, when I have reliable Internet again, though I've seen how "griefy" it is and it doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.

And that's pretty much it, though since I play single player and don't have use for any raid dinos, I would love to see an option in the server settings which allows players to disable the spawn of raid dinos such as Giganotosaurus and the Tinanosaur. I might come back and edit this comment if I think of anything else.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I got ark when it released on Xbox one, played single player for awhile by myself, then split screen came and me and my brother played for a long time together, then I started playing PvP unofficial servers, found a server I liked and I met friends I still play with, things happened and we jumped to PvP officials and we roam around in the great lands of ark to this day. Also drawing art or building things in single player are always a fun way to pass the time.

When Ark was released on XBOX my son, Said, dad you have to try this. I looked up the trailer and info on the game and was amazed at what I saw. I dont play a lot of games, but crafting and buidling are my favorites. Showed it to my brothers and they were hooked as well. 

I went out and bought another Xbox so we could play as a group on our own server. After the first week. we had:

Me, My Son, My Brother, His Wife and her Son, My other Brother and his Son, a Friend of ours and His Wife and their son, My Brother's Brother-in-Law, and another Friend as well as about 4 other kids that were friends of our sons. 

That was a good group to play with, We have all played on and off since launch and most all of us are still here. 

I have taken some time off the personal server and went to a PVE official Server, liked it for a time, until I tried my hand at a PVP server. I can honestly say, that is the way to play this game. I have a great Tribe and have learned a lot about the game I never knew from just playing in a closed community. 

I still play on our personal server, and we have it open to anyone who wants to come. It is a boosted Center Map.

Center Map is my Favorite, lots of room to build. Have played all maps and variations, Scorched as well. Love it all. None of us have ever made it to Max player level, by the time we hit 85, we are ready to try something else. 

Thank You Wild Card, for all the issues we have had, it is a great game!!

Really, you only have to say a couple words to me to get me interested in a game.

Animal Taming.

I don't even remember where I first heard about ARK, but I do remember I mistook it for Saurian (another dino-themed survival game) at first. After some researching, though, I realized I was dealing with a different game, and decided to give it a shot anyways.

I started in single player. I keenly remember my first three spawns. In the first, I spawned right next to a stego, marveled at it a bit, crossed the river, and was set upon by argents as my curiosity drove me too close. My second spawn, I was sprinting across grassy hills, marveling at the details and textures of everything I saw. I pestered a parasaur and sent it running into and across a lake, then met my end at the hands of a scorpion who had crawled out from the nearby underbrush. The third spawn was the charm, over on west coast. I wandered up the beach for quite a while before I met my match against a couple of dilos, but by then I'd learned to collect resources and do more than just wander aimlessly and stare at everything.

Fast forward a few weeks and I've made my little base on that little cove in the middle of the west coast (you know, that rocky outcropping that looks kinda like Pride Rock?). I'm determined to solo-tame every dino in the game (though upon realizing that Quetzes are a thing that exist, this more became an idle dream than a goal), and all the while I'm raving about ARK to my friends. I found out another one of my friends has been playing pretty much since the whole Early Access thing started, and so we piddle around on a few unofficials. We never really get far on any of them before they mysteriously disappear, though there was one Center map one where we managed to build a nice little setup using the ruins as framework.

Fast forward some more, and a few more of my friends get ARK. My other friend has stopped playing for a while due to all the times we've had to suddenly start over, but I'm still flailing around on single player every now and then. This is about the time that Prim+ drops, so the friends and I decide to join a Prim+ Official Server. (Dances With Dinos, anyone? Myrle here.)

We stayed on that server a good, good while, even after I got Scorched Earth and moved my single-play there. Unfortunately, though, a lot of the tribe consisted of college students, and around finals time all of our work (and probably literally several dozens of dinos) slowly descended into the demo/claim timer void. Just as unfortunately, none of them really have the time anymore to pursue real-time ARK, so we all pretty much play around on our single-player files. 

The good news is, the friend of mine that has been playing before me is considering snatching up a server and getting us a place to play again. Now, all I'm waiting for is for that to happen, as well as Primal Survival's release, and this game has a nonzero chance of becoming the primary gaming fixture in my life.

My buddy convinced me to try the game out, bought it shortly after initial release, I hated it. Refused to play with him for months and months. 

He finally convinced me to give the game another try. It was right when the center came out. The first time our schedules didn't work and he never had time to show me the ropes. This time we had the opportunity to build up as a tribe. 

I fell in geek love. I am a nonstop player and even recently took my second arkaction. Time off from work just to play.

I have made a pretty sizeable group of new friends and some enemies. I have a small tribe of four people that I wouldn't trade for anything. They are tons of fun to play with and we have even started a breeding empire. Two of the tribemates have become my best friends and I've never met them. One of them is the friend who got me into the game in the first place.

Thank you ark.

I started very soon after it was released on Xbox One. I played the demo, instantly was hooked and bought it. I played it next to my wife until she started to watch me, then she logged in and was hooked too!

She and I played that game almost non-stop for months. By the time we took a break, we had most everything but a giga tamed and a base to hold it all. Our little tribe of two accomplished a lot!

Since then, a little one was added to the family, so she lost the desire to play. About three months ago one of my employees mentioned he played with a friend and wanted a third person. They didn't know much about the game, so I hopped in!

I've been playing again ever since, and while my play time is limited by comparison due to the baby, I have to say that I find this game more addicting than Halo. And that, for me, is saying a lot!

I think my most vivid memory of ark is experiencing the notame pvp server. It really showed you the competitive nature of people. Driving rafts into people then going into game chat and try to negotiate while your tribe members load up on ammo incase something goes south was one of the craziest rushes ive had. Having to constantly watch your back and communicate helped me break out of my shell and taught me how to tell people what i felt we needed to do. Its crazy the range of people you meet from lost helpless people who know nothing to egotistical gents saying they rule the server at day 2. It was fun. It kinda ruined my sleep pattern every night cause you rushed to get as much done as possible but still fun. I wont forget it.

I'm not sure how to start this, but let me just get into it.

I first came across Ark through a YouTube video,  and I said to myself that game is one of a kind, so I fell in love with it and really wanted to get it but my PC wasnt that good to run it so I bought it on Xbox One, and then I started playing In TheIsland as a lone wolf for a few days until I came across this guy, he asked in the chat for his lost Sabertooth that he last saw in the swamp, I never saw it, but I said yes anyways, so kept on talking until he asked me to join his tribe, I agreed after that since I couldn't do any good on PvE since most areas are taken, so we met up and he picked me up with his Argy and we finally landed at the base, so after that we got along really good and became good friends and we learned a lot throughout the days, we were both newbies but we advanced and reached alpha tier as a two-man army.

After that time something unfortunate happened....the server got infested by noobs, I assume the server was raised from the bottom to the top of the list therefore noobs kept joining the server was constantly full and there was not a single Dino in sight considering the server is full, it was always full and laggy so we had no other option than to give up, there was no ark transfer back then so we really didn't want to leave but at the same time we did not enjoy a single minute after what happened so we decided to go on stasis and just login every few days to feed the dinos, we had about 300+ of them and the server was full so there were no dinos at all, so it was difficult to find food, so we did what anyone would do(sorta...) is to sacrifice some of our dinos, but that wasn't enough, so we had only one other option, is to give up, or atleast I wanted to do so, so I came clean with my friend and told him I'm done with Ark, all the hard work is wiped and he is left alone, but he decided to do the right thing and give up aswell.

So after we both gave up we stopped talking, and 4-5 months later I messaged him asking him to start over on the new map TC(TheCenter) so he agreed, so we joined a low populated server there, and advanced throughout the time but the sad thing is that the map isnt optimized aswell as the game, so that's really bad, we kept on crashing, getting stuck, losing our items, and so on, the list will just keep on going, we lost about 2 gigas and a wyvern from crashing and bugs, a wyvern was killed while my friend was trying to kite a giga away from our base, but the game chose to crash him, and one of the gigas drowned while I was crossing the river, mid-crossing I crashed in the sea, so it died, second one got stuck underground, we submitted a ticket about them and never got an answer, so basically the devs aren't even making it up for their low optimized map, but oh well, so anyways, we got over the dino losses and moved on, we played for about 2-3 months until we got bored, so we decided to give up, one of the reason that we got bored is because the game wasn't going easy on us at all, but we lasted long enough there, experienced the new map, and made new friends, so that was the second time we started over, about a month or two later I asked him to start over somewhere better than Xbox, yeah, on PC! 

So yeah, we still haven't started over yet, but we will soon, and I hope PC is the right place to,  I just hope it's not going to f**k us over as the Xbox. 

So yeah, that's about it, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to read all that, but I wrote it anyways xD so until then, peace out

~S

I started playing ARK in October-ish 2015, I joined a noob friendly server after running around in single player. I met a really nice group of people on that server... we'd play for hours together and have loads of fun. But then me and the server owner started talking more and more... at one point we sat chatting for 25hrs straight. So February rolls around and we realise there could be something more, chatted about possibly meeting up, literally a week later he had booked a flight over to England (he's Northern Irish) to meet up a couple of weeks later.

...2000 ARK hours later...

I guess you could say it went well as we got together when he visited that March, I split my time between countries and a year later we went back to where we first met and he proposed :x

It's amazing how much can change in under 2 years and it's thanks to ARK that I have my wonderfull fiancé . Best £15 I've ever spent ;)

I played on and off on Xbox single player until my mate got it on sale. We're not the sort to grief and wage war, so we settled on an island pve official. We set up a respectable base and really got to know the rest of the islands inhabitants very well. We'd help out with meat runs and donating kibble and dinos to other tribes that asked for help. One of the large tribes on the island decided to call it a day and merged with us, leaving all their dinos and resources with us too - from that point on we really got tucked in helping folk out, crafting gear from the amazing blue prints we'd received, transporting dinos and giving folk fert eggs from our stock.

Then a relatively new tribe to the server kited a giga and destroyed it all.

We've moved to the centre now, trying to keep up the tradition (selling 5000 cp for 3 flint, or selling 50 scorp kibble for 3 flint etc), but we trust people a lot less. Plus our base is now giga proof :D

This is the story of a bunch of schmucks surviving on the island when ARK was still new. When we all first spawned in, we went to go find each other and when we did all hell broke loose. When I punched a tree, a megalodon fell out, there were icthyosaurs flying out of the water and into Valhalla, and worst of all, a Rex started charging at us. Naturally, we panicked and all ran into the forest, what we didn't expect was for a bunch of turtles to gang up and kill the Rex, it was at this moment that we decided to create a tribe based around revering these turtles. And so the "Church of The Shell" was founded upon the belief that turtles were the superior creatures on the island. The most notable of these was "The Golden One", our prized female and prophet, and "One With The Shell" the vanguard of our tribe. At our greatest height, we had around 15 turtles of relatively high levels, along with a few others like the raptor pack led by "Yip Ya"; "Betsy", the trike that always swam out to the ocean for seemingly no reason; "Mega Moss", the carno that looked like she was made of moss covered stone; "Murphy", the mighty Rex; and "Freedom", the dodo that looked like an eagle and was there for moral support. We went through many hardships, such as an alpha raptor attacking our base only to be killed by our dodo, a traitor in our midst's who destroyed our home, and the subsequent march all the way across the island to find a new home. But alas, all good things must come to an end and eventually everything was swallowed by the void (the server shut down). These are considered me and my friends greatest times in ARK.

I found out about ark right about a month after it went in to early access on steam. I then for probably the next year sat by and watched ark videos. Then you released the game on xbox and I bought it then and had a ton of fun despite some single player world crashes and problems i ran into. Then I took a break for half that year and came back to ark for a while. I moved to Hong Kong from America at that time endeavoring to build my own computer that can handle ark at good quality graphics and fps. Then I bought the game and had a good amount of fun. THE END

I found out about ark when i was searching for a game to play on my new gaming-PC. I saw three words which made me buy/install the game: "taming and riding dino's".

Once the game was installed i spawned on the island and the first thing is saw was a bronto (just like the video). I was amazed at his size and just kept looking at the graphics for about 10 mins. Once i got thirsty i went into the ocean to get hydrated but got killed by a piranha.

Respawned on the same spot and saw the bronto getting attacked by a spino (they where just out at this time). I still remember thinking: "they are busy fighting so i can sneak past them". Needless to say that i got hit by the bronto's tail swing which send me flying into the water. I landed at the same place i died before and got eaten by that same piranha.

That was the moment i really was hooked on ark. The difficulty of surviving, dying, the fear of encountering scorpions (i nearly had to change my pants the first time i got ambushed by one in the forest) and the sense of achievement when taming that first dino. (felt like the king of the world on my trike which lasted about 5mins because of an alpha raptor)

Now 2k+ hours further, i have made quite a few friends on steam via ark. My wife hates the game because she is tired of hearing: "hun i can't watch that movie with you because i need to...." :D Luckily i was able to compromise a bit on it, making the wife happy between "ark-hours" :dod-xmas:

I love playing ARK. A friend told me about it after he bought us a Xbox one for Christmas. I have always loved dinosaurs, animals, creative endevors, especially being able to build and create stories. I love dragons/wyverns, horses, nature, wolves. I was pregnant and have always split my free time between training and playing with my real pets, hiking and exploring the real natural world with reading fantasy sci Fi or playing videogames that are of the above genre. Ark fills all of my wishes when it comes to my indoor relaxed leisure. 

I can also say that it was relaxing and meditative during my babies newborn months. I loved just holding her as much as I could, and she loved it too. She would nurse and sleep in my arms most of every day those first few months when I was not working.( It was a very cold and icy winter not suitable for a baby to go out in often) I could just hold her and enjoy her, and Ark was a fun way to pass that time since while holding a baby you can't do much else. I read and played ARK while she napped. Now that she is a year and a half old she loves the Dinosaurs and how I can make them interact with her. Dodos and especially Jerboa are her favorite. She does call the Jerboa"kitties" ?

I mostly play single player and love that I can create a while world of my own. Ark mixes all my most favorite things from my most favorite games. I also love that I can play split screen with my husband, and catching our first quetzal was exciting. I also love that I can adjust the settings so it goes at the pace we enjoy and makes it so solo play is fun. My mom had gotten into it a bit as well, and she builds amazing little houses and such to play in.

My ARK gaming has inspired me to write about the fantasy world I have created and make it into stories. I hope to some day be allowed to make them official ARK short story collections. I will create a post right after this one with a sampling. Thanks wild card for making such a fun and awesome game! 

Live, laugh, play, love

She slowly fought the darkness reaching out for the light she saw. As she reached out she noticed her hand and a diamond of light shining on it. She forced her eyes to focus on that light as if it were hope itself. Everything was blurry but at last she pulled herself to her feet and blinked in the harsh sunlight.

The air was hot and dry almost suffocating, and the sun felt like fire on her bare skin. No matter how much she blinked her blurred vision wouldn't go away. She realized what she was seeing was the shimmer of heat waves rising through the ground, lifting the vultures high over her head. Those same vultures were watching her she realized. They were waiting patiently.

Looking around she decided that if she was going to deny the birds their intended meal she had best find shade and water fast. Climbing a rock, ignoring the Burns it have her hands and feet she tried to spy some water or trees, anything that would give even a little relief from the oppressive heat. She was starting to feel dizzy and little Sparks were going off in her vision. Spring a small Grove of palm trees she headed in that direction. They did not seem to provide any shade, but the green gave her hopes of water.

The distance was far greater then she had first thought. And now there was a rocky canyon between her and the direction of the palms. At least she thought so. She could no longer see very far because the light was so bright and her vision was as wavy as the heat rising from the ground.

She heard a growl come from her left. Looking she saw a wolf bigger then she thought was possible. As soon as it spotted her the wolf threw back it's head and gave a short howl. Two other wolves appeared behind it, and once they all saw her they gave a smart and ran at her.

She turned and ran towards the canyon. The wolves were closing in on her, she could hear them panting, growling in anticipation of Thier easy meal. In front of her was the canyon, she was almost to the edge. But if she stopped they would rip her apart instantly she knew.

Suddenly she was angry. What did she have to lose? If she jumped it would be quicker less painful death, and perhaps the wolves would follow her over the cliff providing her with some instant vengeance.

Suddenly the edge of the cloud was right in front of her feet. She found a second wind and ran just a bit faster then leaped off the edge trying to get as far it in the air as possible. 

Her stomach Rose up into her chest and she gave one last tell of defiance and groom satisfaction as she glanced back and saw the first wolf leap off the cliff right behind her it's scary turning into a Yelp. 

Time seemed to pause as she hung in the air. Everything had such clarity, she noticed her Platinum hair lifting in the wind of her fall. Her bare tanned skin covered in dust and some blood. The whole expression was almost comical as it started to plunge to the ground. It's eyes shone with fear. 

As she sucked in one last breath the world rushed back to normal speed and her eyes watered as she plummeted towards the ground. A shadow passed over her head and suddenly she felt he body hell the opposite direction. Her mind couldn't grasp why she was suddenly falling up. Huge talons dig into her shoulders as the great bird that had caught her gained altitude. And there was someone riding it!

They wore googles and a silk scarf so she couldn't see their face, but it was a person!

The person called down to her in a voice that was rich and female. " You are one lucky lady! I thought you were a mirage!". The bird Rider said. " Just hold on Mirage, we have a bit of a ride before it is safe to land!"

..................          ..................       ..............

Hope everyone enjoyed the story. If you want to know more about Mirage and her adventures let me know. There are a lot of other great characters and Rich culture. Not to mention adventures filled with, suspense, romance, betrayal, wars, alliances....... Etc, etc.

26 minutes ago, spiritpaw said:

She slowly fought the darkness reaching out for the light she saw. As she reached out she noticed her hand and a diamond of light shining on it. She forced her eyes to focus on that light as if it were hope itself. Everything was blurry but at last she pulled herself to her feet and blinked in the harsh sunlight.

The air was hot and dry almost suffocating, and the sun felt like fire on her bare skin. No matter how much she blinked her blurred vision wouldn't go away. She realized what she was seeing was the shimmer of heat waves rising through the ground, lifting the vultures high over her head. Those same vultures were watching her she realized. They were waiting patiently.

Looking around she decided that if she was going to deny the birds their intended meal she had best find shade and water fast. Climbing a rock, ignoring the Burns it have her hands and feet she tried to spy some water or trees, anything that would give even a little relief from the oppressive heat. She was starting to feel dizzy and little Sparks were going off in her vision. Spring a small Grove of palm trees she headed in that direction. They did not seem to provide any shade, but the green gave her hopes of water.

The distance was far greater then she had first thought. And now there was a rocky canyon between her and the direction of the palms. At least she thought so. She could no longer see very far because the light was so bright and her vision was as wavy as the heat rising from the ground.

She heard a growl come from her left. Looking she saw a wolf bigger then she thought was possible. As soon as it spotted her the wolf threw back it's head and gave a short howl. Two other wolves appeared behind it, and once they all saw her they gave a smart and ran at her.

She turned and ran towards the canyon. The wolves were closing in on her, she could hear them panting, growling in anticipation of Thier easy meal. In front of her was the canyon, she was almost to the edge. But if she stopped they would rip her apart instantly she knew.

Suddenly she was angry. What did she have to lose? If she jumped it would be quicker less painful death, and perhaps the wolves would follow her over the cliff providing her with some instant vengeance.

Suddenly the edge of the cloud was right in front of her feet. She found a second wind and ran just a bit faster then leaped off the edge trying to get as far it in the air as possible. 

Her stomach Rose up into her chest and she gave one last tell of defiance and groom satisfaction as she glanced back and saw the first wolf leap off the cliff right behind her it's scary turning into a Yelp. 

Time seemed to pause as she hung in the air. Everything had such clarity, she noticed her Platinum hair lifting in the wind of her fall. Her bare tanned skin covered in dust and some blood. The whole expression was almost comical as it started to plunge to the ground. It's eyes shone with fear. 

As she sucked in one last breath the world rushed back to normal speed and her eyes watered as she plummeted towards the ground. A shadow passed over her head and suddenly she felt he body hell the opposite direction. Her mind couldn't grasp why she was suddenly falling up. Huge talons dig into her shoulders as the great bird that had caught her gained altitude. And there was someone riding it!

They wore googles and a silk scarf so she couldn't see their face, but it was a person!

The person called down to her in a voice that was rich and female. " You are one lucky lady! I thought you were a mirage!". The bird Rider said. " Just hold on Mirage, we have a bit of a ride before it is safe to land!"

..................          ..................       ..............

Hope everyone enjoyed the story. If you want to know more about Mirage and her adventures let me know. There are a lot of other great characters and Rich culture. Not to mention adventures filled with, suspense, romance, betrayal, wars, alliances....... Etc, etc.

very well written, continue with the story please :)

(You can maybe start a new topic for this) 

My experience with ARK has been amazing. I remember it feeling like only yesterday when I saw the first trailer. The moment I saw what the game had to offer, I KNEW this was a game built for people like me. Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life have always been a fascinating subject to me, I love the extra contact that's been added to the game as well. Everything from Center, Primitive Plus, and Scorched Earth. I'm hoping that it won't be much longer before we can use the mods in the Sponsored Program so that we console players can have as much fun as players on the PC have with ARK.

The people at Wildcard Studios are incredible, as they've created a game with dedication and creativity, and still continue to make it even more dynamic. Just about as close to reality as they can possibly bring the game. I'm quite a bit behind my planned schedule, but I'm sort of glad I'm being patient and waiting for the game to be finished with any major changes. Once I have all I need, I want to be a YouTuber, and I would like to be a sponsor for ARK: Survival Evolved, in some way. Like, teach new players the ropes and give my own actual thoughts on the game and the amazing creatures within.

Keep up the good work, Wildcard! I for one am proud of all of you and what you bring to this incredible game!

My Ark story has only started about two months ago. I mostly play on sp because I wanted to do what I wanted, where I wanted and mostly cause I didn't have anyone to play with lol. I have joined numerous servers and found them all distasteful to me so i have just gone back to my sp. I would like to get into a big friendly sever but for now I'll just enjoy playing the game that revived my childhood fascination with dinosaurs. I hope you guys at Wildcard keep up the good work! 

My ARK story has started several months ago, and it is amazing. I first started playing by seeing other people play it. I am very glad that i found ARK, because i love it very much.

I mainly love ARK because i LOVE dinos, and i would love to play/ride one in a game, but i wasn't finding any good games that had that. Until i found ARK. Since then i play ARK a lot, and it's pretty damn good, and two things that have become part of my ARK story are that i love using console commands, and that i'm always alone on my unofficial server :Jerbcry:. And i only host my own server because i hate most official servers, as no one ever wants to help me :( ...aaand because i can do whatever i want! :Jerblove:

I read a lot of other people's opinions about ARK, and mostly they are negative, but me on the other hand, i have a good opinion on ARK, and Wildcard is doing a great job, seriously. I understand that they are mostly mad about the game because Wildcard is adding more than fixing, but it's like they said: they want to add all the remaining stuff, so then they can start fixing the problems of the game.

I first started in a official server, i woke up, nekkid, in a place with dinos, and i thought "Hey, i think i'm gonna tame that dino!" (it was a Bronto). Right after punching it, i got thrown by the bronto's tail swing and ended up being megalodon meat. I respawned, got killed by a spino right away. And then i thought i'd communicate with other people on the server, and then i asked if someone could help me around or give me a hand. No response.

I quit the server, and then i thought i'd start my own server. It was pretty fun actually. Getting killed by a Rex or a Carno every time, what a great time! (Not really) And then i found out the ultimate weapon of mass destruction... i found... CONSOLE COMMANDS! And then that was when the fun really started! I first forcetamed a trike, WHAT A JOY! Seriously it felt SO great to ride a dino i'd thought i would never ride, although it din't have a saddle... but i fixed that right up... with another command! Then i found out the dotame command, and then i started using it for whenever i'd want to tame anything. I first tamed a Rex, and then i named it Rexy (and coincidentaly, that Rex was female and i din't knew Rexy was the name of the Rex in Jurassic Park/World). Then i started making a huge metal base, then i tamed tons of dinos like rexes :Rex: and  raptors :raptor: , and i also bred a few babies :egg:, then i tamed a Titano.. all with the help of console commands!

Currently i started from scratch, and first started by spawning in a Equus and then dotame-ing it, and then i spawned a Jerb (cuz i love Jerboas! :Jerblove:) and tamed it, and then i went to the redwoods to make a hive base, and it is looking pretty good. Then i decided to move into the Snow Biome, but my redwoods base is my main one, and it ain't that bad there, although i couldn't find any good base spots, but now i found one and i'm building on it, but then on the way to that place, guess what i found... A GIGA! My mind thought immediatly: "THAT GIGA BE MINE". And so it was. A few shock darts on it's butt should bring him down. Brought it down. And then after 2 painful hours of babysitting and tranquing the giga in the butt :Jerbmad: ...... it was mine... what a great moment... and all without commands!

THE GIGA

IT IS FINALLY MINE

Overall, i love the game a lot, and i will play it for a lot more hours to come. And i'm sure it will be a very great game, even more than it is now. Keep up the good work Wildcard!

:Jerbhi::Jerblove:

My Ark story is a little bit different to the others. Its not from the players side, but from the server admin side. Back in 2015, I joined the server team of a friend and quickly went to the admin position. Our server started to grow and more and more players were playing on it. It was the time where the Ark hype was on a peak for a first time. We decided to offer a different gaming experience for players than on other servers and different to the official servers. High rates, heavily modded level progress and more. A lot of players liked it and so we decided to add a second server. The project has grown day by day. Compared to most other servers, we never planned wipes to certain dates. It was always our plan to never wipe if we don't need to.

Today, we are probably the biggest european ark network with 10 active servers. We offer all sorts of gaming experience: Low Rates, Mid Rates, High Rates. We offer PvP aswell as PvE. Our community is the most important thing for us and we always try to improve our project to make our players happy. We have more than 15.000 unique players on our servers, some of our save-games are older than 12 months and still being used by hundreds of players every day.

We are always busy improving and helping players. Stuck in a texture? Dino dropped under the map? Lost character while travelling? No problem, we are always happy to help quickly.

That's what Ark has changed for me. I have built my own community with people from all over the world <3

The most memorable experience to date: 

There I was, in the swamp, waist deep, I had just knocked out my first Kaprosuchus.  It was only a level 20 but hey, It was mine.  My other tribe members would be impressed when they logged in later that evening.   

I had meat, I had narcotics and I had a bow.  Titan Boas were at a minimum and not a sarco to be found.  20 minutes turned into 40 minutes, then an hour passed and I was getting closer to having a new carnivorous tame.  Cautiously I look around for enemy animals, I am within steps from the security of my base so getting him in the gates once tamed would be a quick task. 

Finally, the moment arrived, the elation of having the "Name your Dino" Pops up.  All is well I thought.  I'll just add a quick name and get him inside the gates.  As I begin to type, the music sounds, before I could even name him I am notified that a Mega Piranha has just killed my new tame.  

I was devastated to say the least.  

After that I took to clubbing kittens to help me through my depression.  (No baby seals this far inland) 

Now, I am much better at protecting my unconscious animals but I will never forget that day.

i played this game to breed beautiful carnos into this harsh world. I had a lovely breeding pair whose genes lasted through multiple raids and wipes, surviving any hardship they came across, only to finally be undone by a level 10 theri while I was AFK, and a level 70 pegomastex while i was offline. Killed for it's canteen :'(. I now mourn the loss of my beautiful babies and hope to find another individual who has similar goals to trade with. My quests for pink carnos will never end.

Me and my friend started playing on a pvp server. After wondering and respawning for a while we found a decent place for our base. He was offline for a few days after that so i was on my own. Helped a bunch of strangers on the beach nearby, collected a bunch of resources, minding my own buisness. Then a nearby tribe killed me(always 2v1) while i was exploring the area... Didnt mind that, its pvp after all. Happened again 2 times..., again, it wasnt a problem. Then the fourth time they boloed me, and i heard a kid doing the trolololololo thing over the mic and they kept me stunned for a while and i lost it. Went online, learned how to raid and whats needed. Harvested resources, made about 15 granades and went to their base. Nb seemed to be online so i looked around a bit and decided to destroy one of the doors. I struck gold. Found 15 c4 with a detonator. I looted everything, and razed the base. Nothing was left. Then i jumped on my sabretooth and scouted the whole island for more buildings of that tribe. I found 2 boats and another small building with nothing inside. Still, it had the tribes name so it had to go. Then 2 days later this guy comes online and is like: what the hell happened here? Was the server wiped? I ask him why, then he says: its gone, its all gone! My base, my boat, DILO??. Made me so happy... Havent seen em since. 

This was my 1st online experience with ark. 

Archived