How to get wyvern eggs after flyer nerf?

TheGreatDarko

Howdy i was wondering what new ways you guys use to get wyvern eggs with the new flyer nerf that makes most of the flyers to slow to escape wild wyverns???

I try using a wyvern but wild wyverns are so fast he ended up chasing me to the red  obelisk almost killing my wyvern it was impossible to escape, i normally play alone i dont have the option to have a tribeman for bait.

if you guys have any  good tips or ideas post them here.

Well I am seeing a couple of maybe ways but no one seems to have some method of doing this. I think they should have really thought things out before they caused the problems that have arisen out of the flyer nerf. Wild a big bat says wildcard more like don't care about the hours of our time that they waste trying too fix their stuff ups, Am I annoyed hell yes SE is dying if you don't do something quick. We need too get wyvern eggs guys even thou all they are good for is just speed. You have too hatch babies at the new levels too make up for how badly the nerf has made our birds useless. Please save SE before there is no one left.

• 2 weeks later...

Super easy.

Build a 2 by 2 tunnel which is about 15 foundations long (adapt with pillars if needed), if you feel like poison / lightning could hit you from that far, make the tunnel turn exactly like an L shape.
PIck the egg up, enter the tunnel and gg you're safe. (works with pteros or any flier which can enter a 2 by 2 like a ptero.

• 1 month later...

The two methods I've used:

1.  Fly over the mountain, immediately dive.  The wyvern's follow logic sometimes gets it stuck on the mountain, or at least slows it down.

2.  Create  a wyvern trap.  Make a stone fence using pillars and roofs with a top and sides (kinda like a box but missing one wall).  Make the bars wide enough that you can fly through, but a wyvern cannot.  Grab the egg, fly through your trap, and the wyverns will get temporarily stuck there.  You can also get more fancy and create multiple boxes with behemoth gates and a open / close switch to trap them in there.

Either way, make sure you have a base with a bed and another flyer nearby in case you die :)

Setting up some turrets near the scar and luring wyverns into them is a good way to clear it out, and then you can go into the scar to get eggs with a Thylaco or even an argy.

If you somehow missed a wyvern and it chases you, the turrets may be able to protect you if you can get above the lip of the scar quick enough. Climb out of the scar on the eastern side (mountain side), the other side leans over and your thylaco is bound to fall down at inconvenient times.

Just don't try to do it without clearing out the wyverns first.

Archived