Passive Protection

thedogowl

I saw this mod the other week that was in Beta: Passive Protection http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905980399 (I assume linking it is allowed, seemed rude not to that's for sure!)

One of the main differences, and one of the main causes of saltiness etc in an Unofficial server stems from rules around killing passives, whether it be offline, in a raid or in general. There have been some creative solutions I've seen, passive halls/pens etc, but all seem to have fundamental weaknesses that make them a bit awkward or cause LOADS of grief for both players and especially Unofficial Admins.

When I saw this mod I was like it's so simple! It makes so much sense! I read the way it worked and seemed pretty legit (can't just switch dinos to passive mid fight etc). But it seems the guy has hit a bit of a roadblock that he's trying to work around relating to the way things work etc.

I'm not specifically promoting this as some sort of sponsored mod candidate (maybe I am I dunno), but this seems like a really basic, simple idea that would remove a lot of headaches for players and admins alike, and further add different, modifiable aspects to the game leading to more varied servers and more customers able to play the game in a way they find enjoyable to them.

So yeah I don't really know why this is here, just thought I'd mention it, maybe WC could fire some info/help his way or poss consider for a sponsored mod (OK apparently that was where I was going with this!), or even just be like 'look, don't think it's gonna work mate'.

Jus sum fourts on a fing wot i dun gon seen.

Archived