Why is it so tiny?

Jtmorris

I play on xbox on a 37" 1080p TV and with the old UI we actually pulled our couch up to the TV because it was impossible to read from a regular viewing distance. Truth be told it was still difficult even after we pulled the couch forward. 

With this new UI, not only is the font smaller, but the letters are closer together. It's impossible to read. The only saving grace is that I think each letter is more crisp which is nice, but it is completely negated. 

So out of curiosity, can someone help me understand why they would choose to make it smaller? What type of TV setup do most of you play on? Are you a regular viewing distance from your TV? Is there some part of their reasoning that I am not realizing? Do others have a problem reading it or am I just getting too old (entirely possible)? I just don't see how someone went *click* *click* *shrink, shrink* "Yep, that's good. People will like the super tiny writing."

Help me understand? Do I just need a new TV to play this? 

2 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

I didn't see it myself but I thought I saw someone posting that Jat had posted saying they were already working for a fix on issues like that.  Actually I thought it had already been put out earlier, so maybe I am in error on that one.

Perhaps in the console section?

There was a 4gb patch to change some functionality issues but it did absolutely nothing to address the colour and size issues.

All I can think is that it was a colour blind guy with big bi focal glasses that magnified things x10000 sitting with his nose infant of a pc monitor,  no thought was given to console players with this new UI, I hate it,  it hurts my eyes and things are not clear to see,  the options are hard to find.  Have you tried really doing your engrams?  you have to select the engram and then select learn engram at the bottom of the screen it's so much longer, the whole update just seems like it was to make things take longer

Archived