Land mounts

SmokeyB

I hate hearing people say use land mounts like proper grinders didn't always use them. I take the giga out every day for meat runs, the bear for fibre, the doed for stone, beaver for wood etc a lot of time on ark was already spent on land mounts,  the trouble is when your grinding you want to get things done efficiently so you fly place to place, a grinder doesn't want to run about on his Thylo for 2 hour he want to get stuff done, what extra fun or challenge is there for riding about on land mounts when my land mounts can March round the whole map and one bite anything they see,  after a while you get bored of walking around killing stuff but you still need to do it to feed the baby's, so you are definitely not going to travel by land Base to Base after a meat run 

1 hour ago, GoodOmenz said:

If I kill the BM will I get access to one of these or will I need to do the other bosses ? I am playing solo and am semi giving up on Tek as from what I read the bosses are very very hard without a decent number of tribe mates 

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Tek_Tier#Structures

tek teleporter unlocks through hard dragon. 

requires tek generator to work which means a fight with medium megapithecus (or hard to unlock all from said boss).

fuel for genny is element shards which requires tek replicator (any boss).

all in all build material for those 5 machines (2x teleporters and gennies for those because in different locations): 305 element, 14800 ingots, 2300 crystal, 690 black pearls and 4200 polymer. and then the fuel :P  

mate 110% agree with everything you stated! i always used my lands mounts for exploring gathering combat etc  but many times when i need to leap vast distances across the map for a particular resource or to trade taking  a land mount is just straight up ridonculous , the tediousness of moving about even on a wyvern now is bloody absurd and so is the argument that land mounts were being undervalued and somehow are more 'fun' :Jerbmad:  ....flyer nerf feels worse the more i play... and the more i play post nerf the less i want to play.

Archived