Don't balance based on max bred tames

SmokeyB

All.the flyers in my Base was probably as high a level as it was getting due to cross server trading now they are all barely usable,  but they are just about usable, this made me think about the low medium tribes out there that haven't got loads of max bred dinos,  the ones that are using kibble tames and even low level meat tames, their birds must be absolutely useless now,  Wildcard has balanced the game based on the max bred dinos out there leaving anything less complete garbage,  this shouldn't be the way,  max bred dinos should be special,  they should be extra good,  you shouldn't need a 300+ ptera to fly from one side of the island to the other, we tamed a a lvl 10 and it had 157 stam and couldn't fly 200 meters without landing it was quicker to run, and then it couldn't kill anything so it starved to death, lasted 15 minutes. If anything this balance change has only increased the gap between established players and new ones.

Low level pteras are as usable as low level raptors - you have to spend a decent amount of levels in stamina. All other flyers have decent amount of stamina even on low levels.

As a matter of fact, i have tested lvl 1 ptera. If you dont sprint - it can fly quite a long distances. With sprint it only took about 3-4 landings to get to volcano crater from blue obi on The Island.

Don't barrel roll and you'll have plenty of stamina for aerial combat and you can fight on ground against weaker dinos for first levels.

38 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Low level pteras are as usable as low level raptors - you have to spend a decent amount of levels in stamina. All other flyers have decent amount of stamina even on low levels.

As a matter of fact, i have tested lvl 1 ptera. If you dont sprint - it can fly quite a long distances. With sprint it only took about 3-4 landings to get to volcano crater from blue obi on The Island.

Don't barrel roll and you'll have plenty of stamina for aerial combat and you can fight on ground against weaker dinos for first levels.

exactly, ptera is now the raptor of the skies as it should be instead of the king.  A good starting flier that's easy to tame but something you'll likely want to upgrade from later unless you then tame a higher level with more weight and stamina to use as an emergency speed taxi.

I think for balancing they best they can do is use the stats from a kibble tamed 150 (there must be an average such as 30 points in any one area) and go from there. 

That way any tribe will still be hunting for good wild tames and also means that serious breeders continue to have a reason to make super dinos as they wont be effected so badly by future changes. 

Pteras are also very easy to kibble tame - and probably a pretty good introduction to the kibble system. A relatively small effort for a very noticeable gain.
I know when I was still fairly new on my own server, I killed a mid-level alpha rex with a couple of kibble tamed pteras. I only lost one to the alpha because I pushed them until one died, and another from not being careful where I landed them after pulling them out of the fight. Finished the rex with the bird I was riding. I literally just grabbed dodo eggs off a beach to kibble tame them too, I was still living off of a raft as I tamed my first two.
This was before the doubled taming speed, so it's easier still now. Surely that's not more balanced for an early game mount than what we have now. Now even my wyvern thinks twice about engaging a similar alpha rex, just like it should.

Archived