PS4 and Xbox One Updates are now live!

Jatheish

The blue ui background just looks bad on Xbox and it's hard to find the ascendant gear now because it blends in now instead of being red. And yea the flyer nerf is bad but what's worse is now that I couldn't fly I used my raptor and he got stuck under the map and died. I even recorded it only his head was above ground then he died. Force us to use land dinos only to have them swallowed by the map. Not too wise

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jat Is there a reason why the questions about fliers losing their stats are being ignored. Are we just supposed to forget about these dinos and start over with new ones? I asked my question about them 7 hours ago, and while many later questions have had responses, mine and the others about the flyers have been ignored or overlooked. Why can't someone give us some kind of answer? I can't even fly up and mine metal anymore.
Give me back my flyers. i invested a lot of real world time in them.

I have been thinking a lot lately about getting the PC version of ARK. I currently play on PS4 on a 60" tv, but thought it would be fun to have a different character on PC. I'm glad I haven't spent the money now. I'm not a hi-action gamer. I don't want to have to fight large carnivorous creatures every single time I enter the trees. I'd rather just fly over them. That's why I tamed my birds. Let me live in the ARK the way I like. Not everyone lives the same.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, theworldhadteeth said:

@Jat Is there a reason why the questions about fliers losing their stats are being ignored. Are we just supposed to forget about these dinos and start over with new ones? I asked my question about them 7 hours ago, and while many later questions have had responses, mine and the others about the flyers have been ignored or overlooked. Why can't someone give us some kind of answer? I can't even fly up and mine metal anymore.
Give me back my flyers. i invested a lot of real world time in them.

I have been thinking a lot lately about getting the PC version of ARK. I currently play on PS4 on a 60" tv, but thought it would be fun to have a different character on PC. I'm glad I haven't spent the money now. I'm not a hi-action gamer. I don't want to have to fight large carnivorous creatures every single time I enter the trees. I'd rather just fly over them. That's why I tamed my birds. Let me live in the ARK the way I like. Not everyone lives the same.

I've answered this question quite a few times, on the forums, on twitter, and on stream. Just gotta do a bit of digging sometimes :)

The reason that levels were lost is because those were wild-levels which were randomly allocated into the 'speed' stat for a flier, which no longer exists. Why weren't they reimplemented? One reason is due to technical work which wouldn't have much benefit in the long term for the development team, better for them to focus on other things when time and manpower is limited. The second reason is that those points were randomly allocated, allowing you to freely allocate them would change your flier quite a bit. I know it sucks to see the levels go down, unfortunately, it's just part of the process when fliers were hit with this rebalance. 

1 hour ago, Jat said:

The reason that levels were lost is because those were wild-levels which were randomly allocated into the 'speed' stat for a flier, which no longer exists. Why weren't they reimplemented? One reason is due to technical work which wouldn't have much benefit in the long term for the development team, better for them to focus on other things when time and manpower is limited. The second reason is that those points were randomly allocated, allowing you to freely allocate them would change your flier quite a bit. I know it sucks to see the levels go down, unfortunately, it's just part of the process when fliers were hit with this rebalance. 

@Jat"wild-levels which were randomly allocated"? Are you kidding? No, I spent literally hours of real-world time methodically upgrading specific stats to where I wanted them. The few bird I've tamed were level 1 when I got them. There was nothing random about it. I did the work, and then someone decided to take it away. If I do the work to upgrade another are they going to take that away too? Or did they make changes to prevent me from even being able to upgrade stamina, speed, and weight on fliers again?

@Jat 

Hey Jat 

so I was wondering on player dedicated if there is a button for us to upload our players into the ark to get ourselves from one of our player dedicated worlds like The Center onto Scorched Earth wth the same person hosting like before I couldn't find it but maybe I just don't see it or understand it or it doesn't exist and also why the Thylo or Eel aren't showing up on The Center didn't know if that was covered somewhere else iv searched 

1 hour ago, Jat said:

I've answered this question quite a few times, on the forums, on twitter, and on stream. Just gotta do a bit of digging sometimes :)

@Jat And yeah, I saw your tweet about it. That's super helpful. I'm glad you think so highly of my time, efforts, and money.

Edited to add: Wow, took away my ability to reply to anything on the forum because I pointed out the tweet? Nice.
It's okay. I can just delete the game when I boot up next.

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 5.34.53 PM.png

• Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, theworldhadteeth said:

@Jat"wild-levels which were randomly allocated"? Are you kidding? No, I spent literally hours of real-world time methodically upgrading specific stats to where I wanted them. There was nothing random about it. I did the work, and then someone decided to take it away. If I do the work to upgrade another are they going to take that away too? Or did they make changes to prevent me from even being able to upgrade stamina, speed, and weight on fliers again?

You are failing to understand what Jat is telling you. "Wild levels" this means the levels it had pre-tame, i.e. WILD. So when the speed stat for example was reduced to a set level, then any wild levels associated to that would have been lost. This is what he means by random levels allocated, nothing to do with post-tamed levels that you allocated.

54 minutes ago, ArkUserGuy said:

Accessing Dino inventory while riding would be nice. Nor a fan of having to get off then back on all the time when transferring items. I do like the new inventory layout. Still hard to read sitting 8 feet away tv is  55". 

On Xbox press X to get in their inventory while riding. I'm guessing square on PS

8 hours ago, Jat said:

no it messed up the game almost everyone on my server is thinking about quiting even the biggest tribes, why do we even have this nerf on pve on pvp okay... but nobody has a problem with it if someone else has a OP flier 

Being encumbered when transferring from a Dino inventory is one of the biggest frustrations. 

Ok so now you can press "YOU" tab to show your stats but you have to scroll through multiple icons and press this every time you are in and out of a dinos inventory.

Why can't you just show my current total weight below or above the inventory on screen permanently?? Arghhhhh

9 hours ago, casperpretbek said:

no it messed up the game almost everyone on my server is thinking about quiting even the biggest tribes, why do we even have this nerf on pve on pvp okay... but nobody has a problem with it if someone else has a OP flier 

1. the game loses all challenge with the OP flyers and it is a survival game. 2. People care about pve? lol but no really they already said they were going to buff the flyers back up by increment sooo your server likely just needs to learn to adapt and not expect instant gratification.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, theworldhadteeth said:

@Jat And yeah, I saw your tweet about it. That's super helpful. I'm glad you think so highly of my time, efforts, and money.

Edited to add: Wow, took away my ability to reply to anything on the forum because I pointed out the tweet? Nice.
It's okay. I can just delete the game when I boot up next.

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 5.34.53 PM.png

Nope.. I wouldn't do that, maybe a mod did because you were spamming or something! Though there is another thread up about that tweet with a lot more pages and discussion if you'd prefer to check it out :P

11 minutes ago, Pimpn3z3117 said:

Whefe can i sugest the ability to change the UI background color and other UI customisation options

We haven't got anything like this in at the moment but it's something we're looking into possibly for the future, it'd require quite a bit of legwork so it may very well be a while out.

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, Jat said:

Nope.. I wouldn't do that, maybe a mod did because you were spamming or something! Though there is another thread up about that tweet with a lot more pages and discussion if you'd prefer to check it out :P

It's because he's in the early bird group. He'll be able to reply again when he returns, nobody actually did anything to his ability to post.

10 hours ago, Jat said:

We haven't got anything like this in at the moment but it's something we're looking into possibly for the future, it'd require quite a bit of legwork so it may very well be a while out.

Yea figer it would be somthing that would take lot of time to get in. Also look into the option of organizing different resources into sub folders within dinos inventory as we pic the iteams up or put into dino, storeg box or are own inventory or at least dinos cause that would make things much easyer hope that could be a possibility one day in the future

On 4/28/2017 at 9:17 AM, Jat said:

Will see if something like this is doable!

Can you give me more details? I'm not familiar with it I'm afraid :(

@Jat sorry for not responding sooner, I just now saw ur response.  What happens is, you'll be playing along and all of a sudden ur game freezes and within seconds ur Xbox shuts down and restarts with the green screen loading. We play on a player dedicated on the island, it's a pvp prim plus server....this started happening immediately after the update and is still happening after the patch...I sure hope it can be fixed very soon, it's causing instability

Archived