PS4 and Xbox One Updates are now live!

Jatheish

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NanaNitro said:

@Jat what about the crashing on Xbox that is causing our consoles to hard reboot?? I don't see anything in the Xbox patch notes addressing this or fixing it ?

Not sure if I have the same problem but I will get booted from the game, then my Xbox will run really loud. Like fans running really hard then it stops. Then I have to restart it up. 

Could we one day be abole to change the ui background color cause the blue is a bit much to me as well as the hot bar it is distracting. Also vould we maby see an option to have the wood stone thatch and other iteams into a separate folder on dinos as we pic it up inatead of having to do it manualy. Also if are dino is near a box i would like to see one day the option to see the box inventory and dino so we can switch itams much faster than what we have now.

1 hour ago, ThePikle said:

I don't know if this is a personal issue or an actual bug, but the Equus will not spawn in any of my maps! The only new creature I've seen is the Igaunadon (?)

The river that runs from the green to red things. Clear out all the threats and they will spawn. We killed a bunch of carnos, a Rex and multiple spinos before they started spawning. 

Fired it up last night and I think it looks good, A few issues though that I noticed

The font is still super tiny, I think if you blew up the entire interface that would help a bunch. 

I also noticed that my tapajara won't land on vertical locations now. Tried structure walls,. Redwoods, cliff faces old ruins and it would always just head for the ground. 

And I couldn't find a "remote use" button on my tames...rex I'm particular, Trying to replenish their health.

The UI mechanics seem fine , will take some getting used to but it's just so small . 

Aside for all that I'm happy with it. Never bred any birds so I've never had any super sonic flyers so no issues there. 

Keep it up devs ???

2 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

Based on the feedback we collected yesterday, we are making the following changes. Both patches are currently in certification and we are hoping that they will be approved today.

Xbox:

PlayStation:

We'll, of course, be keeping a look out for any further reports, as well as suggestions from the Community! We know it's a big change getting used to the new UI, and hopefully, some of these adjustments will help in that process.

Thank you for addressing these UI concerns so quickly, especially RB to move to the crafting tab and re-implementing the quickstart for structures! ?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ToG said:

He Jat,

Me and my tribe admin can not loggin our server we get blue screen when we loggin, but we are breeding babys, and now my only tribe member, who is able to come on the server (but is not admin), say that our ally next to us is under attack it wont take long before they come to us and we cannot do anything, can you please help us. what can we do? We work so hard now we can lose everything and we cannot even defend ourselfs

Are you bluescreening because your base is in the underwater bubble or near the water cave?

37 minutes ago, Paul080576 said:

Hi Jat, 

Thank you for all of the responses.  I had a quick question about the chat box function.  I know you addressed the alignment of the chat box with this upcoming patch, but I was wondering if it could be possible to add a dedicated chat screen in the inventory menu.  For example, in the HUB we have, we currently switch tabs by pressing the LB or RB to go left or right.  Could one of those tabs, maybe next to Tribe Manager, be a "Chat" tab where we can see the whole chat log along with the option of scrolling up in chat and viewing things we have missed?  Then select the empty response field to enter our text.  So much is missed when there are a lot of people chatting so it's hard to keep all the conversations up on the screen long enough to see what was said.

I don't think that's a bad idea, I'll propose it and see what they say.

53 minutes ago, green13 said:

On the ps4, when you say wild dinos will no longer tic twice is this whats got all the troodons and everything else acting like they on the crack?

Yes

1 hour ago, ThePikle said:

I don't know if this is a personal issue or an actual bug, but the Equus will not spawn in any of my maps! The only new creature I've seen is the Igaunadon (?)

Which map are you on? People have sited them near the North Tropicals on the Center, and I always see a bunch around the base of Volcano on The Island. Near 50,50 -- walk down the stream towards Red Ob.

2 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

Based on the feedback we collected yesterday, we are making the following changes. Both patches are currently in certification and we are hoping that they will be approved today.

Xbox:

PlayStation:

We'll, of course, be keeping a look out for any further reports, as well as suggestions from the Community! We know it's a big change getting used to the new UI, and hopefully, some of these adjustments will help in that process.

The new UI hurts my eyes,  the colours are hard for me to look at with the background colour and the writing is too small for me to read, please can you make an option for long time players to choose to use the old UI instead, kind of like a legacy UI just for players who owned it before the update, new players can start with the new UI as they will be able to get used to it,  I will never be able to adjust to the new UI or get used to it, this is my favourite game and my playing experience has been greatly effected.

I'm not quite sure as if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I have been stalking the forums the last couple days and haven't heard anything about it. For me it's not showing me the materials required to craft and engram. I've tried pressing every button I could think of and yet it still doesn't give me any guidance as to what I need to make something. I'm not sure if this is a glitch on my end or if anyone else is having this problem. If they are will the new update fix it? It's highly annoying being a new player and having to look up every single thing I have to make.

Thank you for your time reading this and hopefully responding.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Messiahsoldier93 said:

I'm not quite sure as if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I have been stalking the forums the last couple days and haven't heard anything about it. For me it's not showing me the materials required to craft and engram. I've tried pressing every button I could think of and yet it still doesn't give me any guidance as to what I need to make something. I'm not sure if this is a glitch on my end or if anyone else is having this problem. If they are will the new update fix it? It's highly annoying being a new player and having to look up every single thing I have to make.

Thank you for your time reading this and hopefully responding.

After you've opened your inventory, in the inventory tab itself, on the left-hand side, you'll see a tool tips button. Select that and you'll be able to see the required materials, as well as the item info. It's next to the Search Bar.

@Jat

I play on the PS4 and noticed that sometimes the menus get stuck and the only way to get it unstuck is to press the PS Home Screen button and then go back into Ark. This workaround was unintentionally discovered because I accidentally pressed the PS Home Screen one time when the menu was stuck upon taming a dino.

Here is an example:

I tamed a dino. A menu pops up prompting me to give the dino a name. I can't do anything because the menu's stuck. The digital keyboard doesn't show up because I can't select the name box. I can't cancel this prompt either because the menu is stuck. I hit the PS Home Screen button and I'm taken out of the game and brought to the Sony Home Screen. I highlight and select Ark to go back into the game and now the menu's working again.

This gets annoying and has caused me to die before because a Rex wandered near my recent tame and I couldn't quickly cancel the pop-up menu asking me to name my tame. I had to go to the PS Home Screen and then back into Ark and then cancel the naming process. I was dead by then.

For me, this issue occurs around four out of 10 times. I've seen it happen to someone livestreaming their PS4 version of the game as well. Will this issue be looked at and fixed?

25 minutes ago, Jat said:

After you've opened your inventory, in the inventory tab itself, on the left-hand side, you'll see a tool tips button. Select that and you'll be able to see the required materials, as well as the item info. It's next to the Search Bar.

Thank you so much for the quick response, I will try that when I get home from work today! I should have thought of that. In the future could I recommend patch notes/ how to use the new ui when something like this happens. Even a quick couple minute tutorial of how to move through the new UI would be extremely helpful to players, especially new ones like myself. Thank you for the quick response to the bugs.

Thank you.

Now it's not letting me reply to other threads where I'm looking for dedicated servers.. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this buggy too?

Hey Jat,

Will the server side fix for the dinos ticking twice work on dedicated servers as well? I've only been hosting mine for a couple weeks now but we noticed that the server version doesn't list the incremental updates.

Also, Is the odd issue where pressing square to open a dinos inventory when you have a stackable item in the upper right of your inventory is causing it to split 1 from the stack twice? Try it, you with arrows in your first invo slot (due to sorting) you can just spam open a dinos inventory with the square button and have your invo fill up with single arrows.

And finally, couldn't you guys just use the left and right touch pad buttons for left and right moving though the inventory tabs such as engrams, stats, and tribe. I played a game where it recognized what half of the button was pressed down. When you are in your menu it shouldn't matter that you have to take your left thumb off the movement stick to navigate.

Thanks for any replys!

EDIT: I also love the idea of a option section that allows us to adjust the text color of misc items, primative, and all the other quality colors individually. Would solve alot of issues people are having with preferring certain colors.

2 hours ago, Jat said:

Will see if something like this is doable!

Can you give me more details? I'm not familiar with it I'm afraid :(

Yesterday 3 allied tribes were taming Equus.

Tribe A tamed one and tribe B was kicked out while trying to tame one "simultaneously" causing the Xbox to hard boot. Tribe C could mount tribe As tame. Once tribe B rejoined they could not mount tribe As tame then shortly after tribe C was hard rebooted as well.

Later  tribe A and B found another Equus and tribe B tamed it, tribe A could also mount it. No diaconnect that time.

XB1 Prim+

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Messiahsoldier93 said:

Thank you so much for the quick response, I will try that when I get home from work today! I should have thought of that. In the future could I recommend patch notes/ how to use the new ui when something like this happens. Even a quick couple minute tutorial of how to move through the new UI would be extremely helpful to players, especially new ones like myself. Thank you for the quick response to the bugs.

Thank you.

That's a fair suggestion. Ideally we'd want everything to be intuitive enough for players to work it out quickly, so we're going to be adding more call outs but I am letting everyone know in advance with the patch notes for this upcoming version (just released this moment on PS4) ;)

16 minutes ago, Yig said:

Hey Jat,

Will the server side fix for the dinos ticking twice work on dedicated servers as well? I've only been hosting mine for a couple weeks now but we noticed that the server version doesn't list the incremental updates.

Also, Is the odd issue where pressing square to open a dinos inventory when you have a stackable item in the upper right of your inventory is causing it to split 1 from the stack twice? Try it, you with arrows in your first invo slot (due to sorting) you can just spam open a dinos inventory with the square button and have your invo fill up with single arrows.

And finally, couldn't you guys just use the left and right touch pad buttons for left and right moving though the inventory tabs such as engrams, stats, and tribe. I played a game where it recognized what half of the button was pressed down. When you are in your menu it shouldn't matter that you have to take your left thumb off the movement stick to navigate.

Thanks for any replys!

EDIT: I also love the idea of a option section that allows us to adjust the text color of misc items, primative, and all the other quality colors individually. Would solve alot of issues people are having with preferring certain colors.

Server Side fix for the tickin' is now live on PS4, and it'll work for player dedicated!

Cheers for the info about the splitting, we'll check it out! We're making some changes to the inventory hub which you'll see for this patch,  we actually have ended up using the touchpad and the options button :)

23 minutes ago, Cronogenvic said:

@Jat

I play on the PS4 and noticed that sometimes the menus get stuck and the only way to get it unstuck is to press the PS Home Screen button and then go back into Ark. This workaround was unintentionally discovered because I accidentally pressed the PS Home Screen one time when the menu was stuck upon taming a dino.

Here is an example:

I tamed a dino. A menu pops up prompting me to give the dino a name. I can't do anything because the menu's stuck. The digital keyboard doesn't show up because I can't select the name box. I can't cancel this prompt either because the menu is stuck. I hit the PS Home Screen button and I'm taken out of the game and brought to the Sony Home Screen. I highlight and select Ark to go back into the game and now the menu's working again.

This gets annoying and has caused me to die before because a Rex wandered near my recent tame and I couldn't quickly cancel the pop-up menu asking me to name my tame. I had to go to the PS Home Screen and then back into Ark and then cancel the naming process. I was dead by then.

For me, this issue occurs around four out of 10 times. I've seen it happen to someone livestreaming their PS4 version of the game as well. Will this issue be looked at and fixed?

Hmm, I'll look into it too and see if the team can figure out what's up. Thank you for the information :)

Archived