PS4 and Xbox One Updates are now live!

Jatheish

3 minutes ago, Jat said:

That's a fair suggestion. Ideally we'd want everything to be intuitive enough for players to work it out quickly, so we're going to be adding more call outs but I am letting everyone know in advance with the patch notes for this upcoming version (just released this moment on PS4) ;)

Server Side fix for the tickin' is now live on PS4, and it'll work for player dedicated!

Cheers for the info about the splitting, we'll check it out! We're making some changes to the inventory hub which you'll see for this patch,  we actually have ended up using the touchpad and the options button :)

Hmm, I'll look into it too and see if the team can figure out what's up. Thank you for the information :)

24 minutes ago, Velarius said:

Hey Jat, OC server 38 ps4 has been rolling back to the same spot for over 12 hours. Reported it in several spots, will this patch fix it?

Please do respond t o my question as well, got a server full of people wanting to know.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jat said:

Cheers for the info about the splitting, we'll check it out! We're making some changes to the inventory hub which you'll see for this patch,  we actually have ended up using the touchpad and the options button :)

Gah, I noticed a typo. Its the upper left slot of your inventory being a stackable item that causes this. Dunno why I typed right. Essentially it needs to be the first item in your inventory. Usually it happens when a stack of arrows is the heaviest thing you are carrying and u sort by weight.

Also, one other odd thing we noticed. Engrams now show island, scorched earth, and tek engrams by default. Some new players are not going to understand that scorched earth engrams can only be crafted on scorched earth. Originally it would detect if you were on the island and not show the scorched earth ones unless u ticked the box. It also kept tek grams hidden by default as well.

Is this intentional or something that slipped through the cracks?

And finally, will you the UI prompt people that options = cycle right and touch pad = cycle left? It sounds a little odd and something that people won't naturally pick up on. Especially after it suddenly changes after they adapted to how it was yesterday.

Why did you nerf pve flyers. You say its because land dinos hardly got used. Who really cares a game like this should be able to be played the way we want to not how you want us to. You guys have lost whats great about the game ark survival died april 2017 its a shame its a great concept but when your error team tells me ive lost dinos due to the rollback the other day and that they hold no responsibility for it wow thanks for support of nothing 

• Administrator
Just now, Yig said:

Gah, I noticed a typo. Its the upper left slot of your inventory being a stackable item that causes this. Dunno why I typed right. Essentially it needs to be the first item in your inventory. Usually it happens when a stack of arrows is the heaviest thing you are carrying and u sort by weight.

Also, one other odd thing we noticed. Engrams now show island, scorched earth, and tek engrams by default. Some new players are not going to understand that scorched earth engrams can only be crafted on scorched earth. Originally it would detect if you were on the island and not show the scorched earth ones unless u ticked the box. It also kept tek grams hidden by default as well.

Is this intentional or something that slipped through the cracks?

And finally, will you the UI prompt people that options = cycle right and touch pad = cycle left? It sounds a little odd and something that people won't naturally pick up on. Especially after it suddenly changes after they adapted to how it was yesterday.

Thanks for the info regarding the stacking, that likely slipped under the cracks, though our engram UI page hasn't been updated yet. We're got more UI stuff to come!

And aye, that's accurate, we've got callouts to indicate that they're left + right. Also this is a really bad image, but it'll help (the PS4 actually has these changes now) please excuse the graphic :P

4 minutes ago, Velarius said:

Please do respond t o my question as well, got a server full of people wanting to know.

Apologies, I thought I had replied. I'll have someone look into the server when they're available :)

2 hours ago, NOXCUSEE said:

No point to keep wasting time in ARK, getting MUT PTERA & ARGI, when ARK do there thing and screw every single one of us that been playing this game for so long, and spend so much time breeding dinos. SPECIAL GIGAS disappearing in from of around nose. THANK ARK, THANKS ALOT 

I know they ruinated ark it's the worst update they have done so far

Jat, I'm going to guess from the lack of responses to and addressing the people who lost gear and dino's over the underwater bluescreen, that we are just SOL. Would that be a fair assumption? People understand if you guys can't/wont help because you are busy with other (hopefully more stable) updates, but don't ignore us and leave us hanging. If there will be some assistance, great. If not, please let us know so we can plan things out and those of us that choose to keep playing can move on.

• Administrator
Just now, Whipples said:

Jat, I'm going to guess from the lack of responses to and addressing the people who lost gear and dino's over the underwater bluescreen, that we are just SOL. Would that be a fair assumption? People understand if you guys can't/wont help because you are busy with other (hopefully more stable) updates, but don't ignore us and leave us hanging. If there will be some assistance, great. If not, please let us know so we can plan things out and those of us that choose to keep playing can move on.

Unfortunately, this is the case, we won't be able to do a service-wide rollback in this instance. :( Sorry, I had glanced over messages asking me about whether they'd be restored or not. 

9 minutes ago, Jat said:

Unfortunately, this is the case, we won't be able to do a service-wide rollback in this instance. :( Sorry, I had glanced over messages asking me about whether they'd be restored or not. 

Thanks for at least clearing that up. FYI, Our total death count was 11. This update wiped us harder than most raids.

I don't understand your guys policies. A guy on our server who lost like 20 levels and got an admin to show up and restore them. The guy build a giant wall with a pink heart, there was a huge redit post about it, and the whole server was excited because it was the first time anyone had ever gotten anything done from support or an admin in anyway. Sadly that guy also lost a crap load of Bronto eggs from the blue screen. I don't give a damn about the flier changes or interface, hell I like them. But knowing once again we are SOL with support is a real sad stain on the game for my tribe. I think we are done. I know we all enjoyed it, but can't say we will look back fondly at all.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DeDe1234 said:

Hi Jat,

I would like to know when Wildcard will fix the wild Dino issue or just the wild Wyverns being faster than the tamed wyverns. No will be able to get milk or eggs anymore. Please fix this issue.

Flyers aren't the only method to get eggs. Maybe try using a Thylaco?

I thought the point of a tamed Dino is it being better than a wild Dino. Especially an imprinted Dino, right? So this wasn't a mistake that the devs did, thats how its suppose to be from now on?

I know that wild elemental for example, has better stats on it than a tamed one. But you cannot imprint on it like you can on wyvern. All I'm saying is that it its unbalanced and they need to fix this issue. By the way it takes 4 days to imprint on a wyvern, for it to be weaker than a wild wyvern. To say "just use a thylo" you are not fixing this issue your are brushing it to the side. Right?

This workaround does its job too if youre L1 actionbar is locked.

Jat, idk if this fits here, but could we get some automatic forward movement (i know the one with the chat Box?) since the Flyers just have to fly longer for the same distance..like holding l3 for a few secs..I know im lazy ? (i dont mind the nerf). 

17 minutes ago, DeDe1234 said:

I thought the point of a tamed Dino is it being better than a wild Dino. Especially an imprinted Dino, right? So this wasn't a mistake that the devs did, thats how its suppose to be from now on?

I know that wild elemental for example, has better stats on it than a tamed one. But you cannot imprint on it like you can on wyvern. All I'm saying is that it its unbalanced and they need to fix this issue. By the way it takes 4 days to imprint on a wyvern, for it to be weaker than a wild wyvern. To say "just use a thylo" you are not fixing this issue your are brushing it to the side. Right?

Totally agreed this. It is so sad to if you spend 2-14 real days to breed one and after that you spend multiple times same time to get even better dinos and now I mean all (flyers/land/water creature's) and after those real days someone decided naah they are more powerful than human with weapon and take stats away and just say we balancing those it sucks and it sucks more if wild low level dinos are faster or better than yours breedet one :(

46 minutes ago, DeDe1234 said:

Hi Jat,

I would like to know when Wildcard will fix the wild Dino issue or just the wild Wyverns being faster than the tamed wyverns. No one will be able to get milk or eggs anymore. Please fix this issue.

oh, thank you. I was reading the patch notes and seen them mention something about wild Dino. But I didn't understand what they was referring to about "tick twice". So if I do the same like in the video I won't get wrecked? if I do u owe me a dragon, lol

Is nobody else furious that the amount of time and effort put into our volcano bases is all for nothing? So we can look at flowing lava which undoubtedly is going to slow frame rate to almost nothing? It's like WC took notes from Bungie on having no regard for the time and farming their fan base put into their game.

Where to start.

You killed swiming, especially on primitive servers. 1500 oxygen and 300 stam i could out swim most everything. You may say that's not realistic tho and we don't want ppl to use that as an edge with the tech bases underwater now. I don't have that on primitive, nor do i have primitive flippers. Now I'm required to have a mount to do anything underwater, not to mention the progression caves underwater your a fool to bring anything into that cave lvl200+ squid and mosa bad enough but eels too. You may as well do this with every stat, why have variety? Just make it so we all must play into the same cookie cutter mold. Max strength makes it so you can chop a BeHe gate down in minutes that's not realistic and doesn't require a dino. Max speed makes you move like the flash but that's not realistic and makes it so you can move around without a dino. Seriously tho, you nerf things in ways that might balance things for tech servers but those same changes can be crippling in prim.  

Asc gear looks like primitive gear now. Bring back the red.

Rex sounds like he's eating potato chips each time he bites and his footfalls pale compared to the earthshattering carno. Talk about something needing a new sound.

Text on items and bp's is unreadable and i play on 65" abt 4ft away from it, maybe if text was under the image rather than plastered on it obscuring the item be better.

Building placement sound effects now make me want to spend less time playing ark, actually the swimming nerf did that, each time i place a stone structure now is like a techno nail in the coffin. I have been playing way too much ark so maybe i should just say thank you for providing me with the reasons to stop.

Archived