PS4 and Xbox One Updates are now live!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Update: PlayStation 4 and Xbox One updates are now available to download

----

Hey guys,

Based on the feedback we collected yesterday, we are making the following changes. Both patches are currently in certification and we are hoping that they will be approved today.

Xbox:

Upcoming Version: v753.2 

UI Related:
* Chat Box offset is now fixed when scaling the UI
* Chat Box no longer covers hotbar when inventory is open
* RT will now craft single items from engrams
* Buttons re-arranged in inventory UI in order of player usage
* Hold down RT on consumables for rapid usage
* Tooltips now lets you decide whether you want to show the item name or the item info using specific callouts
* Non-data tooltips are instantaneous
* Game Input changes:

• Back now navigates inventory HUB to the left (inventory, engrams, tribe manager, etc)
  • Start now navigates inventory HUB to the right  (inventory, engrams, tribe manager, etc)
  • RB can be used to cycle inventory tab (to switch between inventory and crafting)
  • Chat can now be opened within an inventory using LB + Start or LB + Back
  • Left Joystick can be used to cycle local and remote inventories
  • Right Joystick can be used to activate a structure (e.g lighting a campfire)

Server side:
* Timeout or disconnection from player log off has been significantly reduced

PlayStation:

Upcoming Version: v506.2 ---> THIS IS LIVE!

UI Related:
* Chat Box offset is now fixed when scaling the UI
* Chat Box no longer covers hotbar when inventory is open
* R2 will now craft single items from engrams
* Buttons re-arranged in inventory UI in order of player usage
* Hold down R2 on consumables for rapid usage
* Tooltips now lets you decide whether you want to show the item name or the item info using specific callouts
* Non-data tooltips are instantaneous
* Game Input changes:

• Touchpad now navigates inventory HUB to the left (inventory, engrams, tribe manager, etc)
  • Options now navigates inventory HUB to the right  (inventory, engrams, tribe manager, etc)
  • R1 can be used to cycle inventory tab (to switch between inventory and crafting)
  • Chat can now be opened within an inventory using L1 + Options or L1+ TouchPad
  • L3 can be used to cycle local and remote inventories
  • R3 can be used to activate a structure (e.g lighting a campfire)

Crashes:
* Fixed an Island Underwater Cave Crash
* Fixed a Center Underwater Bubble Crash

Server side:
* Wild Dinos will no longer tick twice
* Timeout or disconnection from player log off has been significantly reduced

We'll, of course, be keeping a look out for any further reports, as well as suggestions from the Community! We know it's a big change getting used to the new UI, and hopefully, some of these adjustments will help in that process.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scrolling from one side to the other needs to be more intelligent.   I can't think of a single time I've wanted to go from dino inventory to making a new folder in my own.  Will this also address the fact that a stack of something can not be moved into a remote inventory?  You have to move a single over first then move the rest.  Happens on dinos,  boxes, the ark ext.

Thank you for getting some of these fixes out so quickly.

Jat, if you don't mind me asking, where are the patch notes that say "raised font size". I don't think you seem to understand that many of us cannot read the text at all in any of the menus and I'm talking about with your face right in front of the screen. Not all of us play on a monitor and just the fact that this wasn't even mentioned makes me think it's something that you all think it's fine and doesn't need to change. I cannot continue to play this game with the text as is.  it's simply a strain on my eyes and between the small print and the extremely bright colors I've gotten several migraines trying to keep my base going since patch. Please consider this 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, mastersmith said:

The scrolling from one side to the other needs to be more intelligent.   I can't think of a single time I've wanted to go from dino inventory to making a new folder in my own.  Will this also address the fact that a stack of something can not be moved into a remote inventory?  You have to move a single over first then move the rest.  Happens on dinos,  boxes, the ark ext.

Thank you for getting some of these fixes out so quickly.

You can move a stack of an item to the remote inventory by holding down the A or X key [depending on which platform you're on].

As for the scrolling, do you mean from starting at your personal inventory and going to a remote inventory?

2 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

Jat, if you don't mind me asking, where are the patch notes that say "raised font size". I don't think you seem to understand that many of us cannot read the text at all in any of the menus and I'm talking about with your face right in front of the screen. Not all of us play on a monitor and just the fact that this wasn't even mentioned makes me think it's something that you all think it's fine and doesn't need to change. I cannot continue to play this game with the text as is.  it's simply a strain on my eyes and between the small print and the extremely bright colors I've gotten several migraines trying to keep my base going since patch. Please consider this 

We're looking into the font reports but unfortunately, that's not something we can immediately adjust in regards to the UI, these fixes we could though -- so we wanted to get this out before the weekend. 

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, F1nchyStryd3r said:

Will these issues be fixed aswell Jat?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, mastersmith said:

@Jat Yes from mine to a remote or vise versa.  Also before it would allow you to select the entire remote inventory if it was blank to move a stack of something.  Now you are saying if I hold x it will just move it for me?  Is that after this hotfix or now?

Sorry it didn't quote like I intended.

You'll be able to do that now by pressing L3 or Left Joystick. Holding X will move the stacks right now, it has been functioning like this since ARK released on console :)

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, F1nchyStryd3r said:

Will these issues be fixed aswell Jat?

I replied in another thread, but will reply here too:

These will not address split-screen related issues but will pass those on to the team so we can get it looked at. The good news is that we'll be porting split-screen to PC soon, which I am hoping means we'll be able to actively iterate on it much better than the past (we'll see though, may not be the case)

16 minutes ago, Jat said:

We're looking into the font reports but unfortunately, that's not something we can immediately adjust in regards to the UI, these fixes we could though -- so we wanted to get this out before the weekend. 

How about changing the font colors?  The size of text on my TV that is across the room doesn't seem to give me problems, it's the blue on blue that makes it hard to read.  At least for me. My set is a 55" 4K HDR tv as a data point.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, mleii said:

How about changing the font colors?  The size of text on my TV that is across the room doesn't seem to give me problems, it's the blue on blue that makes it hard to read.  At least for me. My set is a 55" 4K HDR tv as a data point.

I agree that adjusting the font colours could help, unfortunately, white doesn't look as visually appealing so they're looking into other options, all dem art folk.  

After the update this morning, all my tamed dinos lost their stats updates like stamina, weight, speed, etc... They kept their ranks, but lost these stats. Now my animals have no stamina, no speed, can't carry anything, and have no opportunity to even earn it back since their ranks are higher. The new update broke them. It took way to long to get their stats up. Please let me know if my dinos are going to be fixed. I'm eager to play, but if I play/rank up my dinos now it might overwrite something and not allow them to be fixed.
BTW, I'm on PS4 playing a non-dedicated server locally.

Jat, my tribe has lost 11 juvenile and adolescents to starvation because of the water bubble crashing. This includes two new color mutations. Will there be any sort of roll back or fix to get us back those lost tames? The patch essentially came out, wiped our babies, and is preventing my tribe from participating in the Easter event. What can be done about This?

32 minutes ago, Jat said:

You can move a stack of an item to the remote inventory by holding down the A or X key [depending on which platform you're on].

As for the scrolling, do you mean from starting at your personal inventory and going to a remote inventory?

Thank you for the response I really appreciate it. I can wait , this game is one of my favorites. 

Jat two questions, one has been asked multiple times. 1. Why did the flier Dino's lose levels that were not given back. For example my 240 ptera, whom I only put two stats into movement and a lot into stamina, got reverted back to a 204. It's like I was only given the stats back for the movement but lost the levels entirely for the stamina. Will I get levels back or is the max level gonna be lower now. 

2. When using force feed to heal dinos, no health is being given now. I didn't see anything in the notes about this being affected. It's made it almost impossible to cave solo. By the time I make it to the end, all the monsters have re spawned so I gotta fight my way back with low health. 

26 minutes ago, Jat said:

I agree that adjusting the font colours could help, unfortunately, white doesn't look as visually appealing so they're looking into other options, all dem art folk.  

Can't we just have an option in settings to change the colours ourselves? Have an RBG slider for the hub and the fonts? 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, thec0median23 said:

Can't we just have an option in settings to change the colours ourselves? Have an RBG slider for the hub and the fonts? 

Will see if something like this is doable!

12 minutes ago, NanaNitro said:

@Jat what about the crashing on Xbox that is causing our consoles to hard reboot?? I don't see anything in the Xbox patch notes addressing this or fixing it ?

Can you give me more details? I'm not familiar with it I'm afraid :(

He Jat,

Me and my tribe admin can not loggin our server we get blue screen when we loggin, but we are breeding babys, and now my only tribe member, who is able to come on the server (but is not admin), say that our ally next to us is under attack it wont take long before they come to us and we cannot do anything, can you please help us. what can we do? We work so hard now we can lose everything and we cannot even defend ourselfs

Hi Jat, 

Thank you for all of the responses.  I had a quick question about the chat box function.  I know you addressed the alignment of the chat box with this upcoming patch, but I was wondering if it could be possible to add a dedicated chat screen in the inventory menu.  For example, in the HUB we have, we currently switch tabs by pressing the LB or RB to go left or right.  Could one of those tabs, maybe next to Tribe Manager, be a "Chat" tab where we can see the whole chat log along with the option of scrolling up in chat and viewing things we have missed?  Then select the empty response field to enter our text.  So much is missed when there are a lot of people chatting so it's hard to keep all the conversations up on the screen long enough to see what was said.

1 hour ago, Jat said:

Thankyou.

The font size definatly needs an update (slider bar please??) I play on a 60" tv and still cant read temp or time of day right up close ! 

Archived