HELP GAME DEVS WANT ARK TO DIE BUT I KEEP PLAYING

arkspace00000

Please help me anyone I am desperate! So I play this game called Ark Survival that used to be amazing until the game developers decided to gave up on it and brutally nerfed the flyers on their way out. I host my own dedicated server and the players of my community are now all broken in spirit. Some players have even come down with real life illnesses that stem from the depression that surmounted as they attempted to cope with the fact that their flyers were turned into turds overnight. PLEASE: is there anyway to double or even triple flyer speed as a dedicated server host somewhere in the settings. Or is there a way to revert back to the previous version of the game? I have already talked to the 50+ members of my server and they would be more than willing to re-download Ark just to go back to the previous version. If there is no solution I am sure this is the end for us and my server. Please save me and my members. Please.

1 hour ago, Inzzane said:

So true! I made my server a no flyer server two weeks before the patch dropped and it was the best decision I ever made in regards to my server. Yes, many players left my server because of that but I also got many new players that are enjoying it every minute they play.

Now I run around the map on a Thyla or a Rex or a Spino or a Therizino and I see others on Raptors and Carnos and even on Turtles. Players builded and used Rafts again (well, now not so much anymore with the new whale lol) Metal farming trips are dangerous in a way now cause you have to be aware of the predators in the area now and not just be like "hah, I don´t care about you 150 Rex, I will land 20m next to you, farm with my Anky on my Platform and take off before you even noticed I was here". First day without the flyers I lost 2 Ankys to Allosauruses and Rexes and had to learn that I have to take a Bodyguard with me (either tribemate on a Dino or just a Dino on follow). Now it´s fun to farm metal (for me) cause the way to the metal will be an adventure and the way back also. Is it more time consuming? Yes it is. But it is also much more fun.

Same way for taming other Dinos, it was boring to just pick them up and hold them for your buddy to shoot them unconscious. Was way to easy. You still can make it easy even without the flyers of course, take a 30k HP Rex and as long as it´s not a Giga you want to tame he can act as a damage sponge for you. Bringing back that tame to base will be another adventure tho ;) 

Haha absolutely agree. You see a Titan or a Giga or even a pack of Allos and you actually get scared! You almost feel untouchable in the sky, but on the ground you're a small fish in a very big pond.

It certainly does add a whole other level to the game and once you start getting around without a bird, actually becomes super enjoyable :)

3 hours ago, arkspace00000 said:

Please help me anyone I am desperate! So I play this game called Ark Survival that used to be amazing until the game developers decided to gave up on it and brutally nerfed the flyers on their way out. I host my own dedicated server and the players of my community are now all broken in spirit. Some players have even come down with real life illnesses that stem from the depression that surmounted as they attempted to cope with the fact that their flyers were turned into turds overnight. PLEASE: is there anyway to double or even triple flyer speed as a dedicated server host somewhere in the settings. Or is there a way to revert back to the previous version of the game? I have already talked to the 50+ members of my server and they would be more than willing to re-download Ark just to go back to the previous version. If there is no solution I am sure this is the end for us and my server. Please save me and my members. Please.

I'm not sure if you're serious or just trolling. The server that I am on is doing fine and I hear people saying their server has run dry, but why? Does it mean that most of the people on your server can't adjust or do not like the game that much to even try making something out of it? We're adjusted already. Changing strategies and I've done 2 big raids so far and I'm enjoying it more than just 60% flyers and picking and blablabla to eventually get in their base and win. For me it's much more statisfying to win a raid because of planning a good strategy rather than looking who has the best birds/pickers in their tribe. Not to forget that birds are still very usefull in base defense. 

2 minutes ago, wallaby said:

pretty sure obvious joke was obviously a joke :Jerbmad: 

I'd like to think so as my response was laced with sarcasm but if you read 90 percent of the threads since 256 came out you might not think it's a joke after all. 

Some kids are acting like wildcard killed their grandma instead of the birds 

On 4/28/2017 at 9:22 AM, arkspace00000 said:

Learn to adapt already, christ almighty. They already promised incremental buffs to flyers, so park what used to be your wyvern but is now a giant dodo and adapt to what is not complain about what was.

12 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

I'd like to think so as my response was laced with sarcasm but if you read 90 percent of the threads since 256 came out you might not think it's a joke after all. 

Some kids are acting like wildcard killed their grandma instead of the birds 

We usually call those dedicated players. Some of them may have real life issues that make them more effected by this than your ass was.

On 4/28/2017 at 4:22 PM, arkspace00000 said:

there is a mod called calssic flyers.get it

I'm hoping that flyer V3 helps but they nerfed flyers badly, especially for PvE where it wasn't really needed. For me it's a PvP nerf gone wrong for PvE. There was me hoping that the would be capped at certain levels for each flyer at most or a stamina decrease...Oh how wrong I was. Just made it more of a grindfest for trying to do trade deals :( Now we don't breed flyers and rarely come on other than for meat runs, it's effectively ruined community events on the server because no one wants to spend the effort of travelling cross map for something other than the odd Dino deal, a ovis race was cancelled this week because it would take to long for everyone to get on and travel to the location and set up, please remember that PvP and PvE are not the same WC... (Sorry to whoever had to read this lol, but thanks if you do ;))

1 hour ago, BlueSpino17 said:

I'm hoping that flyer V3 helps but they nerfed flyers badly, especially for PvE where it wasn't really needed. For me it's a PvP nerf gone wrong for PvE. There was me hoping that the would be capped at certain levels for each flyer at most or a stamina decrease...Oh how wrong I was. Just made it more of a grindfest for trying to do trade deals :( Now we don't breed flyers and rarely come on other than for meat runs, it's effectively ruined community events on the server because no one wants to spend the effort of travelling cross map for something other than the odd Dino deal, a ovis race was cancelled this week because it would take to long for everyone to get on and travel to the location and set up, please remember that PvP and PvE are not the same WC... (Sorry to whoever had to read this lol, but thanks if you do ;))

I'm on PVE currently, and I think it was needed for this side as well. Pre-nerf, my wife and I killed an Alpha Rex using only two perfect tame pteras. Tamed, not bred. 

I don't think pteras should be taking out an Alpha Rex, but that's just me. If anything, I have found the nerf has made the game feel fresh.

Raptor Jesus help me...

Look, dude, I get it. The Flier Nerf is bad, but to say the dev's want their own game to die?
That's as far from the truth as you can get. Tone back the drama, alright? They're not leaving.
The nerf ain't NEARLY as bad as it was when it first dropped, it's not perfect, but it's better than
it was.

Not going to get into politics, but there are things you can do. Install the vanilla flier mod onto
your server, since you're hosting your own anyway. That's literally the best thing you can do
for yourself at the moment. That, or just, try and bear with it until you either get used to how
poopty the fliers are, or until you figure out some way to circumvent having to use them.

Archived