FLYER NERF AND MOST RECENT UPDATE

deadlyinkdgirl

I am going to be completely honest!! I am truly disgusted by this past update! They flyer nerf for one!  Wyverns lost 20 plus levels and now are worthless and didn't get any points back to level them back up. 2 shots of lightning or attribute at a rex and its stamina is gone!! That's ridiculous!! Quetzals are even slower than ever and taking away the stam regen when you are in the air?? really? Quetzals are not supposed to have to land! and all because PVP needs to stop complaining about things. You chose to go to PVP stop whining! The flyers need to be fixed and where are the levels we were supposed to get back? I have to tell you this has truly ruined the game!

This inventory makes me feel like I am playing final fantasy and its hard to see! Not just for me but everyone that I know has a problem reading this thing not only that but looking for the resource list when trying to craft an item is nearly impossible without putting your face up to the tv screen with a magnifying glass!!

Also when typing in the game chat or even to choose the server the keyboard lags that's just an FYI

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should be the first to note....if you are a pc player go away.  You will not understand the issues revolving around the menu.  Secondly fix the weight problem on the quetzal not ruin it's stamina mechanic.  In the wild they NEVER land.  So why does a tamed one have to?  And "unbalanced" flyers in PVE play a much larger role than in PVP.  But you being a PVP PC master race would not understand that.  In PVE we actually help each other.  At times I need to get across the map in a hurry to help with a tame or imprint.  I can no longer do that.  This nerf was strictly a PVP nerf yet affected us.

22 minutes ago, mastersmith said:

This nerf was strictly a PVP nerf yet affected us.

Please, cite the location where anyone from WC said that it was intended solely for pvp. You can't. You may find reasons for it that are pvp related, but it was a Nerf to begin a period of balancing to get fliers to where they were intended to be, for ARK, not just pvp servers. 

7 minutes ago, Inzzane said:

lol, sorry but getting around the map in 10sec because of a 600% speed Ptera was plain stupid gameplaywise. If you have to get across the map in a hurry then use a fast land Dino! They only nerfed the speed for flyers, you can still pump up the speed on your land Dinos and they will get you across the map fairly quickly. You are so spoiled with your flyers it´s getting ridiculous. Yes, wild Quetzals don´t land at all, but they don´t have to carry a guy with his 5000 metal all the time and they don´t land because they are supposed to be a "hard tame", if they would land then every jim and jon with level 10 would be able to tame them.

PVP PC master race BS........ I play PVP (on console, xbox) and we help each other all the time too so what´s your point?

When did I say anything about a 600% speed ptera?  I just want my 120% queen that came out that way without having to level it.  My 150% pteras that came that way without having to level it. Ect ect.

Edit:  take your super speed land dino to the center and go from the volcano to the redwoods....lol

3 minutes ago, Quirky said:

Please, cite the location where anyone from WC said that it was intended solely for pvp. You can't. You may find reasons for it that are pvp related, but it was a Nerf to begin a period of balancing to get fliers to where they were intended to be, for ARK, not just pvp servers. 

What purpose did it serve on PVE?

The quetz nerf has nothing to do with PVP. Nor the Argi nerf, nor the tapejarra nerf nor the Wyvern nerf. The only one PVPish problematicv bird was the fast barrle rolling ptera.

Because the nerf hit EVERY bird, not just the Ptera, no one will sell me that it was some PVP specific "fix".

My theory they just wanted to make the game slower and more grindy for everyone, regardless PVE or PVP. So dont accuse the PVP players for this mess.... ask the PVP folks if they want back their fast quetz...

7 minutes ago, mastersmith said:

What purpose did it serve on PVE?

You clearly didn't understand. It did not serve any PVE purpose, it did not serve any PVP purpose. It was done for balance in the game. 

Nobody here can possibly agree that a flier with all or even just half their points put into speed is any sort of balanced. Whether you do it or not, whether you think it's practical or not, it gets done, and the result is not what was intended. And as they have tried to make clear, this was the first step and it will be tweaked until it feels right.

58 minutes ago, mastersmith said:

I should be the first to note....if you are a pc player go away.  You will not understand the issues revolving around the menu.  Secondly fix the weight problem on the quetzal not ruin it's stamina mechanic.  In the wild they NEVER land.  So why does a tamed one have to?  And "unbalanced" flyers in PVE play a much larger role than in PVP.  But you being a PVP PC master race would not understand that.  In PVE we actually help each other.  At times I need to get across the map in a hurry to help with a tame or imprint.  I can no longer do that.  This nerf was strictly a PVP nerf yet affected us.

first of all I completely agree with this!! and as far as the unbalance not all of us have leveled our flyers movement speed. especially ones that were bred my wyvern didn't even touch movement speed yet it was still touched by this nerf.  the whole point of having flyers is to get somewhere faster than using a land dino. kinda defeats the purpose when they are currently just as slow.

And Smash!! I think you are the only one confused thus far!! not the entire forum.

9 minutes ago, deadlyinkdgirl said:

first of all I completely agree with this!! and as far as the unbalance not all of us have leveled our flyers movement speed. especially ones that were bred my wyvern didn't even touch movement speed yet it was still touched by this nerf.  the whole point of having flyers is to get somewhere faster than using a land dino. kinda defeats the purpose when they are currently just as slow.

And Smash!! I think you are the only one confused thus far!! not the entire forum.

Erm, the nerf didn't just take away points that the player had levelled into speed.... Maybe you should dig out the post on what/why/how the nerf affects things and actually understand it.

As for the point of flyers being faster - they still are! I'll race you from the snow to the red obelisk on an official, you can have a ptera and I'll take a Galli/Phiomia/whatever, and we'll see who gets there first. Given I'll have to run through countless wild creatures, navigate people's bases, rocks, water... the list goes on - flying will clearly be faster. That doesn't mean you're meant to get there in under a minute.

1 minute ago, TranqRex said:

Erm, the nerf didn't just take away points that the player had levelled into speed.... Maybe you should dig out the post on what/why/how the nerf affects things and actually understand it.

lol did you not see everything else I said about the nerf or just trying to find something to nitpick?

2 hours ago, deadlyinkdgirl said:

I am going to be completely honest!! I am truly disgusted by this past update! They flyer nerf for one!  Wyverns lost 20 plus levels and now are worthless and didn't get any points back to level them back up. 2 shots of lightning or attribute at a rex and its stamina is gone!! That's ridiculous!! Quetzals are even slower than ever and taking away the stam regen when you are in the air?? really? Quetzals are not supposed to have to land! and all because PVP needs to stop complaining about things. You chose to go to PVP stop whining! The flyers need to be fixed and where are the levels we were supposed to get back? I have to tell you this has truly ruined the game!

This inventory makes me feel like I am playing final fantasy and its hard to see! Not just for me but everyone that I know has a problem reading this thing not only that but looking for the resource list when trying to craft an item is nearly impossible without putting your face up to the tv screen with a magnifying glass!!

Also when typing in the game chat or even to choose the server the keyboard lags that's just an FYI

Completely agree. And besides that, why is everyone in here, pc players the most, thinking we are not allowed to share our opinions on the flyer nerf and the last update itself ? You can have whatever opinion about it, i don't care and i won't tell u you are wrong, so just accept other opinions too. I already was reading about the nerf on the PC and i really read alot about it in the last weeks, but NOW it hit's the consoles and it's players and for me personally it destroys the game more than i thought. Wyverns are ducks now, Quetzal don't stay mid air anymore, argies are painfully slow and so on, so all the flying stuff is completely useless now. And land dinos are just not that useful on the center if you want to go from the redwoods to somewhere more north, because there's a damn big ocean between it.

3 minutes ago, deadlyinkdgirl said:

lol did you not see everything else I said about the nerf or just trying to find something to nitpick?

Yes, I saw it. However you don't fundamentally understand why your bred wyverns lost speed, it makes your remaining points seem like you're just moaning because you can't get places as safely and quickly as you did before.

27 minutes ago, Inzzane said:

You worked your ass off? How? By taming one of the easiest Dinos in the game? By levelling them up by clicking your right stick in to barrel roll everything to death? If you consider that "working my ass off" then there is no point for me having a discussion with you.

No by 100% imprinting a wyvern you pompous ass.  Or solo taming a quetzal.  Or raising a quetzal by myself.  You act like the ptera was the only thing effected.

4 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

Yes, I saw it. However you don't fundamentally understand why your bred wyverns lost speed, it makes your remaining points seem like you're just moaning because you can't get places as safely and quickly as you did before.

as safely and as quickly!! that is the whole point of the flyer to begin with!!!!!

44 minutes ago, Quirky said:

You clearly didn't understand. It did not serve any PVE purpose, it did not serve any PVP purpose. It was done for balance in the game. 

Nobody here can possibly agree that a flier with all or even just half their points put into speed is any sort of balanced. Whether you do it or not, whether you think it's practical or not, it gets done, and the result is not what was intended. And as they have tried to make clear, this was the first step and it will be tweaked until it feels right.

It served plenty of PvP purpose.   Super speed flyers couldn't be tracked by auto turrets, noobs on wyverns were getting wrecked by vets on pteras ect.

4 minutes ago, mastersmith said:

It served plenty of PvP purpose.   Super speed flyers couldn't be tracked by auto turrets, noobs on wyverns were getting wrecked by vets on pteras ect.

Reason and purpose are two different things. Yes there were pvp reasons, as I already said, but the purpose was overall balance, like I already said. Don't try and create argument where there is none.

4 minutes ago, Quirky said:

Reason and purpose are two different things. Yes there were pvp reasons, as I already said, but the purpose was overall balance, like I already said. Don't try and create argument where there is none.

Reasons are the specifics I laid out the purpose is the point that linked them together.  You are the one creating conflict when it isn't necessary.   Go load your mod that negates the nerf and leave us console peasants to ourselves.

Pteras got what they deserved, but quetzals and wyverns didn't need this. Wyverns already been nerfed enough too, taking double damage from bullets on top of the projectile damage to flyers as well as having no saddles. They could have at least not nerfed the speed on quetzals, it's not like you can outrun turrets on those things. They are so painfully slow now, i'm pretty sure I could outrun most of them on foot. I think quetzals need a speed buff, and wyvern breath cost needs to go down at the very least. 4 flame breaths and my fire is drained, and its stam went down by way more than half, same with my poison.

35 minutes ago, nEUTRon said:

Completely agree. And besides that, why is everyone in here, pc players the most, thinking we are not allowed to share our opinions on the flyer nerf and the last update itself ? You can have whatever opinion about it, i don't care and i won't tell u you are wrong, so just accept other opinions too. 

Who said you weren't entitled to have an opinion or share it?  We're entitled to disagree with it.

8 minutes ago, Smash said:

Who said you weren't entitled to have an opinion or share it?  We're entitled to disagree with it.

No one used the word entitled except you.   Entitlement is a child and master race thing.   Us normals just have opinions. 

As to your quote of me.  I already answered that so go find it.

19 minutes ago, chainsawsquirrel said:

Pteras got what they deserved, but quetzals and wyverns didn't need this. Wyverns already been nerfed enough too, taking double damage from bullets on top of the projectile damage to flyers as well as having no saddles. They could have at least not nerfed the speed on quetzals, it's not like you can outrun turrets on those things. They are so painfully slow now, i'm pretty sure I could outrun most of them on foot. I think quetzals need a speed buff, and wyvern breath cost needs to go down at the very least. 4 flame breaths and my fire is drained, and its stam went down by way more than half, same with my poison.

completely agree that is what I was mentioning before the stamina reduction in both as well needs to be fixed. I mostly use my wyvern and since this nerf there is really no point not enough stamina to even kill anything

Archived