FLYER NERF AND MOST RECENT UPDATE

deadlyinkdgirl

2 hours ago, Moodster1986 said:

U need to have used a taming calculator at one point in time to understand what im about to say..

Every wild dino puts points into speed...speed on a wild dino adds nothing because every dino of the same kind tames out with the same speed...sense the nerf.. flyers no longer do that...the lvls you lost where the points put into speed that where considered waisted points....these waisted points still added to the overall lvl of the dino.....u really did not loose lvls...you lost waisted points that contributed to there overall lvl making it lower there lvl compaired to new tamed dinos that dont do that...

Hopefully that makes some sense...

Nope, this whole thing makes no sense. When my ptera loses 300 weight off  of it, that means my weight has been nerfed also, not just speed and stamina.Doesn't matter if it is a side effect, my weight has also been affected. The fact they they basically made it so you have to start all over and tame all new pteras is rubbish, very lazy on Wildcards part. Thank you for trying to explain though, btw it is "wasted" not "waisted".

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tomsaiyuk said:

Nope, this whole thing makes no sense. When my ptera loses 300 weight off  of it, that means my weight has been nerfed also, not just speed and stamina.Doesn't matter if it is a side effect, my weight has also been affected. The fact they they basically made it so you have to start all over and tame all new pteras is rubbish, very lazy on Wildcards part. Thank you for trying to explain though, btw it is "wasted" not "waisted".

Actually,  he's correct, speed was removed,  other stats were nerfed.  And omg, you have to retame your pteras, bola, one head shot, dodo kibble, one of the easiest tames... sheesh..

1 minute ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Actually,  he's correct, speed was removed,  other stats were nerfed.  And omg, you have to retame your pteras, bola, one head shot, dodo kibble, one of the easiest tames... sheesh..

Well the problem is some of them were bred. Lots of hours now wasted on the mechanic the game has in place.Yes they easy to tame, but not easy to breed. The server I play on is PVP, but no raiding. We have an arena built for PVP. I bred and provided pteras for anyone on our server who wanted a great one. Now back to square one.

5 minutes ago, tomsaiyuk said:

Well the problem is some of them were bred. Lots of hours now wasted on the mechanic the game has in place.Yes they easy to tame, but not easy to breed. The server I play on is PVP, but no raiding. We have an arena built for PVP. I bred and provided pteras for anyone on our server who wanted a great one. Now back to square one.

So you can't get the fun back from all the hours of playing the game? News flash, everyone has to start over or breed into their lines.. nothing wasted, you just have more to do now. 

On 4/28/2017 at 9:56 AM, Inzzane said:

lol, sorry but getting around the map in 10sec because of a 600% speed Ptera was plain stupid gameplaywise. If you have to get across the map in a hurry then use a fast land Dino! They only nerfed the speed for flyers, you can still pump up the speed on your land Dinos and they will get you across the map fairly quickly. You are so spoiled with your flyers it´s getting ridiculous. Yes, wild Quetzals don´t land at all, but they don´t have to carry a guy with his 5000 metal all the time and they don´t land because they are supposed to be a "hard tame", if they would land then every jim and jon with level 10 would be able to tame them.

PVP PC master race BS........ I play PVP (on console, xbox) and we help each other all the time too so what´s your point?

if only there was a way to prevent 600% speed pterandons without destroying fliers... like... a 200% speed cap.

19 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

So you can't get the fun back from all the hours of playing the game? News flash, everyone has to start over or breed into their lines.. nothing wasted, you just have more to do now. 

I don't know if the 40+ hours it takes to raise 1 ptera could be considered "fun", it is more of a commitment. The fact that all of mine are useless now does indeed mean that all that time was wasted. Starting over is way different than just " more to do" in my opinion.

On 28.4.2017 at 4:47 PM, deadlyinkdgirl said:

lol did you not see everything else I said about the nerf or just trying to find something to nitpick?

well your saying that everyone is wrong and you are right when it comes too understanding the balances.. btw did you forget that on pvp the raiding got so crazy with the metal quetz and turtling dropping and nading so yeah it did more for pvpers and for pve.. lol i cant see how you dont understand the major issue that got fixed?  the nerf was joyful tbh after adapting too it. i liked too cross the map in 2 sec but again makes it feel easy and boring and i just quit if i cant get a challenge from a sandbox game. so i think you misunderstood something

21 minutes ago, tomsaiyuk said:

I don't know if the 40+ hours it takes to raise 1 ptera could be considered "fun", it is more of a commitment. The fact that all of mine are useless now does indeed mean that all that time was wasted. Starting over is way different than just " more to do" in my opinion.

well thats what happends when you believe instead of thinking.. its EA it will change its just about when.. dont cry u wasted hours of your life, we all did, but some of stopped playing the game for a reason several mnths ago.. we smart we think we dont believe.

1 hour ago, tomsaiyuk said:

When will people learn:  This is an EA game.  The amount of time you have put into any aspect of the game is totally irrelevant to whether that aspect should be changed.  

All changes must be made with a release client in mind.

8 hours ago, tomsaiyuk said:

Thats not how it works..a point is weight is worth so much weight but its also worth a lvl...they can nerf weight without actually effecting ur lvl because there only changing the value of the point already spent into weight....not suprised they nerfed pteras weight..there ment to be fast scouts...scouts dont carry alot of weight....

On 4/30/2017 at 9:36 AM, Naerah(Qc) said:

-add real danger to the skies, as right now, it's a freaking void. It need some smaller birds (falcon or eagle sized) that flies in pack, are agressive and have a large agro range, packs that flies at different heights and stays in the skies for the entire day, but land at night. Oppositly, there need to be the same kind of night predators following the same behavior. At dawn and sunset both would be up at the same time for a short period.

Well..  while the land is full of dinos, from "danger" prospective land is also a big void. Basically once you got a medium level trike or a carno, no land dino will harm you. Either you kill them, or simply outrun them....  the only difference between land and air, that air is physically empty, land is crowded but survival wise empty. 

So the taming feature is the real reason what kills the danger and survival element from the game. Try the notame server and you will see... :)

On 4/28/2017 at 8:43 AM, deadlyinkdgirl said:

I am going to be completely honest!! I am truly disgusted by this past update! They flyer nerf for one!  Wyverns lost 20 plus levels and now are worthless and didn't get any points back to level them back up. 2 shots of lightning or attribute at a rex and its stamina is gone!! That's ridiculous!! Quetzals are even slower than ever and taking away the stam regen when you are in the air?? really? Quetzals are not supposed to have to land! and all because PVP needs to stop complaining about things. You chose to go to PVP stop whining! The flyers need to be fixed and where are the levels we were supposed to get back? I have to tell you this has truly ruined the game!

This inventory makes me feel like I am playing final fantasy and its hard to see! Not just for me but everyone that I know has a problem reading this thing not only that but looking for the resource list when trying to craft an item is nearly impossible without putting your face up to the tv screen with a magnifying glass!!

Also when typing in the game chat or even to choose the server the keyboard lags that's just an FYI

Actually, no.

ARK was designed as a PvP game, with PvE being the side-mode. Developers themselves have said this many times, the game is corely designed and balanced around PvP.

2 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

they never promised to give more info about a possible MK3, they are breaking no promises here.

There are things what not need to be promised. Like I never promise to the local baker that I will say "Hello" next time when I enter his shop, still I do it every day. If I dont do it - what I can - I'm not breaking any promises, but wont be doing right, right? :)

It's about social conventions... or call PR in case of game development....

9 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Well..  while the land is full of dinos, from "danger" prospective land is also a big void. Basically once you got a medium level trike or a carno, no land dino will harm you. Either you kill them, or simply outrun them....  the only difference between land and air, that air is physically empty, land is crowded but survival wise empty. 

Surely this is location depending.... If you're on a trike or carno in the Redwoods or swamp for example, things can get out of hand pretty quickly and I know from personal experience that you and your mount will die when you get tangled up with Thylacoleo's, Terror Birds, Allo's and anything else that fancies joining in. Similarly in the swamp, you try to fight or flee from 1 hazard and a Kapro grabs you off your mount, then a snake pops up and before you know it you're out cold and everything's dead or at the point where it may as well be!

I get that ptera speeds were out of control, but blanket nerfs almost never work.  Honestly, blanket nerfs are the answers that devs who either have not enough time, skill or care turn to when it comes to addressing problems.  

And for the person about to say that wildcard is a small studio, thus doesn't have the manpower, or that the game is still in testing... come on.  If you make as much money as wildcard did, you have the funding to hire more people and be a studio, not pretend to be a studio.

This game has so much potential and I play for the companionship with my friends and to be able to build openly, but man, these nerfs, silent nerfs and "re-balances" are starting to take away from the game.  Fix the glitches and bugs and release the damn game first.

So the taming feature is the real reason what kills the danger and survival element from the game. Try the notame server and you will see... :)

Why would i try a no tame server when my 3 favorite thing to do is flying to find new tames, level them and building?

There are things what not need to be promised. Like I never promise to the local baker that I will say "Hello" next time when I enter his shop, still I do it every day. If I dont do it - what I can - I'm not breaking any promises, but wont be doing right, right? :)

It's about social conventions... or call PR in case of game development....

they have literally said they will gather info silently from here on out and IF they see a need for another change they would pin another thread and make another spreadsheet. seeing as they didnt do that yet tells me enough. i dont need the devs to explain to me everytime they make a decision.

24 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

they have literally said they will gather info silently from here on out and IF they see a need for another change they would pin another thread and make another spreadsheet. seeing as they didnt do that yet tells me enough. i dont need the devs to explain to me everytime they make a decision.

It's not because they made a decision that it was not a wrong one. Im not expecting any real change seeing how they're used to cater on their whining vocal minority of game tester and forum moderators. I guess that's for who the game is really made.

39 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

Thats your decision

I prefer healthy customer communication. Being silent and sneaky is not something I prefer from people who wrote on steam that "We will have a Trello roadmap at Early Access launch, as well as massive & intense Forum interaction by the development team to gather ideas, feedback, and issues"

Quote from their EA description FYI. 

8 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

It's not because they made a decision that it was not a wrong one. Im not expecting any real change seeing how they're used to cater on their whining vocal minority of game tester and forum moderators. I guess that's for who the game is really made.

Vocal minority.... I do like this statement from a guy having just as much data as everyone else... meaning a big, fat 0 :)

6 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Thats your decision

I prefer healthy customer communication. Being silent and sneaky is not something I prefer from people who wrote on steam that "We will have a Trello roadmap at Early Access launch, as well as massive & intense Forum interaction by the development team to gather ideas, feedback, and issues"

Quote from their EA description. 

"At launch"

So, I wasn't around at launch, and can't tell what sort of roadmap they had available then, but it doesn't say anything there about continuing to have one. The patch notes are more than sufficient.

As far as communication, the same applies, and they do plenty. They do not respond to toxic attitudes though, which is perfectly understandable.

4 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Thats your decision

Quote from their EA description FYI. 

and i cannot complain about the communication we have gotten throughout EA. sure there are things that could have been better but they too are a company that needs to learn the ropes. give them some credit, they are doing everything they can and have proven before that they will literally work until they fall asleep behind a desk. they work alot harder than alot of us. they work alot harder than me thats for sure and i applaud them for that. multiple devs post on this forum and other forums DAILY, ofcourse they wont answer in every thread and i cant blame them.

2 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Vocal minority.... I do like this statement from a guy having just as much data as everyone else... meaning a big, fat 0 :)

I base my opinion on what i see, the same 5-10 people praising the nerf flooding every thread possible, answering to everybody else. There's more people comeing posting a single time that they hate the nerf and never come back. Not much of those praising it, and when you see one, it's started by Volkano most of the time... not trying to say the anti-nerf camp doesn't have that kind of guys too.

Archived