My Wyvern sucks now

Kaisho

I spent 4 days getting milk staying up all day and night to get the gray wyvern after I got it I loved it was my favorite Dino then the flyer nerf came out my wyvern has 500 stam and 19 levels were taken away because of the speed it had from imprinting I slow as a turtle and completely useless the lightning beam will just take half of my stam rip killing titans please make ark great again it was fine before

The 19 levels were not taken away, they were the wasted speed levels gained in the wild. They have no relevance now due to the capped speed - you've lost nothing other than the numbers are different.

Wyverns could do with a bit of a buff, maybe they will get it, but they're not going back to how they were... best to accept that now and move on ;)

Mine is still pretty OP. Just not ridiculous anymore. Killing titanos and gigas without ever even getting sneezed on wasn't right, and it was only a matter of time until the nerfbat came for them.
If it's such a gamebreaker for you, play single player or private server and grab the Classic Flyers mod, it reverts wyverns to their former glory.

Had a 91% imprint 185 poison at 2.4k stam. Stam went down by waaay more than half as quoted by wildcard. On top of that, this patch includes the flyer nerf mk2 from pc where wyverns supposedly get a slight stamina re-buff. But no, my wyvern lost well over half stam, came out with about 800 stam, gained like, 2 lvls back from it.

my fire had about 2k stam and went down to 700. Think i'm gonna sell these and raise new ones tbh, thanks a lot wildcard.

I noticed that wyverns got a weight buff, their melee attack speed seems to be faster and their breath attacks either do more damage or just have better hit registry, particularly the poison wyverns. Seems to be killing things a lot quicker with breath attacks now.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Housatonic said:

Killing titanos and gigas without ever even getting sneezed on wasn't right

completely agree. now when a titan is spotted or there is a giga around we take all 4 of ours out for playtime and it is alot more fun. the last giga we fought saw an ally tribe bring out two poison as well, so there were 5 wyvern (one of our tribe had to log) which was really cool. 

while they are slower our highest level fire (was a 190) is able to fast fly coast to coast between our north/south camps. i was very disappointed with the first nerf to them, V2 is much better so we will have to wait and see what they decide to do with them going forward.

Archived