Seriously?!?

Trippthisway

I know many have more than likely posted about this but I wanted to put my two cents in so to speak.

I have loved playing this game and have spent many hours enjoying the wonder that is Ark but I've decided to leave.
I was playing on a dedicated server with my little tribe of four for awhile now the server was great with a fantastic little community of players. We started on the Island but we were having constant crashes so we moved to the Center. I moved my dinos and some supplies  to the new map and began again.
My tribe, due to different reasons, have had to stop playing so my wife decided she would take some of our dinos and start her own character.
She built a boat and tried to transport several dinos to a new location on the center to start a new base, she was not out in the water for more than 2 seconds when a Leedsichthys appeared and knocked the crap out of her raft. This sent the dinos into the water where they were set upon my a group of Mantas, Megalodons and an overly inquisitive Ichthy. The raft was destroyed, the dinos were killed and that was the end of that.
As fliers have now been nerfed and rendered all but useless and rafts seem pointless what will be next? Land dinos speed reduced by half?
I expect people have managed to find a way around this but the casual player probably won't and in my opinion this game has been ruined with an update that makes travelling far to difficult.

I hope WC take heed and listen to the complaints.

I understand this problem for center players. It takes allot longer for flyers to travel between the many islands which the map is made up of and then in turn you cant use rafts any more to travel I have however been on one center server where the community were great (official believe it or not) and they built bridges everywhere for public use that really helped the situation 

Personally find travelling by flier to distant locations very hard, tried to cross the water earlier on a Pte and ran out of stam before I got half way. I can just about handle the speed being reduced to base but why the reduction in stamina? I personally used to love going out on my raft and searching the coastline but now their is the Leeds everywhere who have some irritating vendetta against rafts, especially annoying as they are common. I seriously do not get why they added the Leed and gave it the ability to mess up rafts as bad as that.

30 minutes ago, Trippthisway said:

Personally find travelling by flier to distant locations very hard, tried to cross the water earlier on a Pte and ran out of stam before I got half way. I can just about handle the speed being reduced to base but why the reduction in stamina? I personally used to love going out on my raft and searching the coastline but now their is the Leeds everywhere who have some irritating vendetta against rafts, especially annoying as they are common. I seriously do not get why they added the Leed and gave it the ability to mess up rafts as bad as that.

Nothing befor would attack a raft unless argoed by a player leaving the water to get on it...the just added danger to using them in deep water ( there not supposed to spawn in shallow water from what iv read ) where tbh a raft seems out of place...hopfully this leads to actual boats we can use from ocean/deeper water travel that have built in resistances to leeds..

10 hours ago, Trippthisway said:

I know many have more than likely posted about this but I wanted to put my two cents in so to speak.

I have loved playing this game and have spent many hours enjoying the wonder that is Ark but I've decided to leave.
I was playing on a dedicated server with my little tribe of four for awhile now the server was great with a fantastic little community of players. We started on the Island but we were having constant crashes so we moved to the Center. I moved my dinos and some supplies  to the new map and began again.
My tribe, due to different reasons, have had to stop playing so my wife decided she would take some of our dinos and start her own character.
She built a boat and tried to transport several dinos to a new location on the center to start a new base, she was not out in the water for more than 2 seconds when a Leedsichthys appeared and knocked the crap out of her raft. This sent the dinos into the water where they were set upon my a group of Mantas, Megalodons and an overly inquisitive Ichthy. The raft was destroyed, the dinos were killed and that was the end of that.
As fliers have now been nerfed and rendered all but useless and rafts seem pointless what will be next? Land dinos speed reduced by half?
I expect people have managed to find a way around this but the casual player probably won't and in my opinion this game has been ruined with an update that makes travelling far to difficult.

I hope WC take heed and listen to the complaints.

So you knew there were leeds. You put everything you had on a raft and you left without checking? I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of the leeds. I traveled with my raft all the time and still do after the nerf. I see leeds sometimes but they're easy to kill and don't go to shallow waters. Usually when you just drive in a straight line they shouldn't be hurting your boat too much.

The flyer nerf doesn't make it more difficult to travel though. Just look out where you land ;). Good luck! 

• Volunteer Moderator

This thread has offered some suggestions on the server side, so I will offer some from a gameplay side. If you are using flyers, favor regular movement over sprinting. As it is now with stamina consumption and stamina values, you cover less ground burning through your stamina going full throttle than you would just taking your time. As for the raft situation, this game has never shied away from the premise of "many hands make work light". Having a tribemate or two on aquatic tames to act as either bodyguards or forward scouts to point out potential threats would have greatly helped in avoiding that disaster.

If you own your own server role it back before the miss hap. Install the mod to get rid of the flyer nerf. If you hate Leedsichthys there is a mod that brings them under control too and it's made by the same guy. Problem solved! I personally use the flyer mod and it works great and it brings a smile to my face just thinking about the poor people who spend 10 minutes flying half way across the map. As I said before you couldn't pay me enough to play on an official server.

11 hours ago, Housatonic said:

It's a private server. You can block leeds spawns, revert the flyer nerf, do pretty much whatever you want to suit your personal playstyle.

Sounds like an awful lot of work though ....  /sarcasm

24 minutes ago, Darkwinter said:

So you knew there were leeds. You put everything you had on a raft and you left without checking? I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of the leeds. I traveled with my raft all the time and still do after the nerf. I see leeds sometimes but they're easy to kill and don't go to shallow waters. Usually when you just drive in a straight line they shouldn't be hurting your boat too much.

The flyer nerf doesn't make it more difficult to travel though. Just look out where you land ;). Good luck! 

Yeah, I've brought my taming raft all around the island since the update, haven't lost it yet. If you go into hover cam and zoom out you can actually look underwater as you travel. And leeds are fairly weak, even the alpha I ran up against went down before I even realized it was an alpha. If you have a water tame have it follow for defense. 

1 minute ago, Shayne1973 said:

Imagine that....A survival game on an island that has dangerous creatures

And one such creature attacked your raft.

What is this game coming to?

Don't forget this is not a survival game. It's a survival game in development which means things can change. People still tend to forget that! 

Just now, Struwwelpeter said:

If you own your own server role it back before the miss hap. Install the mod to get rid of the flyer nerf. If you hate Leedsichthys there is a mod that brings them under control too and it's made by the same guy. Problem solved! I personally use the flyer mod and it works great and it brings a smile to my face just thinking about the poor people who spend 10 minutes flying half way across the map. As I said before you couldn't pay me enough to play on an official server.

There are mods that make a survival game in development 'Less survivally'? People are lazy sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Currahee said:

Sounds like an awful lot of work though ....  /sarcasm

Yeah, I've brought my taming raft all around the island since the update, haven't lost it yet. If you go into hover cam and zoom out you can actually look underwater as you travel. And leeds are fairly weak, even the alpha I ran up against went down before I even realized it was an alpha. If you have a water tame have it follow for defense. 

Yep this works perfectly fine. I do it too with the underwater scouting. 

1 minute ago, johnm81 said:

psx turrets make it so leeds cant get to your boat as you move. use them and you will have get gud ;)

Yes. There are so many ways to solve the so called "problems" WC makes (I call them rebalancing updates). But people are too busy rambling toxic comments. If they'd spent the time typing these posts in solving it maybe it would be a better place out here. 

2 minutes ago, Darkwinter said:

Don't forget this is not a survival game. It's a survival game in development which means things can change. People still tend to forget that! 

There are mods that make a survival game in development 'Less survivally'? People are lazy sometimes.

Far from being lazy! It's making the game more enjoyable for myself and the people that are on my server. It's a free country and I can choose the way I want to play and I have played for close to 4000 hrs. and liked every minute of it. You have your way of playing and I got mine and for you to judge me shows that your a clown.

3 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter said:

Far from being lazy! It's making the game more enjoyable for myself and the people that are on my server. It's a free country and I can choose the way I want to play and I have played for close to 4000 hrs. and liked every minute of it. You have your way of playing and I got mine and for you to judge me shows that your a clown.

I'm a guy that needs some challenge in this game. Otherwise it will get boring really fast and I don't want that. 

13 minutes ago, Darkwinter said:

I'm a guy that needs some challenge in this game. Otherwise it will get boring really fast and I don't want that. 

Glad you brought that up! A challenge for me is what you yourself make. Maybe solo tame the lvl 135 Giga that's been running around for the past month. Raise an army of Rex killing Mesopithecus and then get bored with them so I fed them to the 135 Giga before I tamed it.  Breed a new mis-colored dino that looked like it came from a bad 80's video. Being a sandbox type game the options are endless, just use your imagination. The devs are forgetting this and for me personally a time sink grind fest isn't a challenge. Only thing I want is just more content, more lands to explore, more guns, more buildings to build and more dinos to molest.

7 hours ago, Struwwelpeter said:

Glad you brought that up! A challenge for me is what you yourself make. Maybe solo tame the lvl 135 Giga that's been running around for the past month. Raise an army of Rex killing Mesopithecus and then get bored with them so I fed them to the 135 Giga before I tamed it.  Breed a new mis-colored dino that looked like it came from a bad 80's video. Being a sandbox type game the options are endless, just use your imagination. The devs are forgetting this and for me personally a time sink grind fest isn't a challenge. Only thing I want is just more content, more lands to explore, more guns, more buildings to build and more dinos to molest.

If you're playing alone that can be a challenge, definitely. Me and my tribe are going for the bigger catch, but luckily we adjusted already. Good luck on further plays!

Archived