Wipe this awful update!

IamCake072

2 minutes ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Then those people are choosing the easiest way possible to "succeed" in their chosen situations.
More exploits will be found, utilized, and in time, we'll be back here bitching over the next ill-planned
nerf.

Thats what forums are for. They want your feedback. But if your answer is solely to benefit you and not the majority, they will ignore you and write you off as just a selfish whinier. Come up with a solution to the problems so that the majority including yourself can be satisfied.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Darkwinter said:

You mean in raids? 

I mean pvp in general.

Sniper isn't wrong when he says pvp has become all about aerial combat. But the thing is,
PVP'ers have no one to blame but themselves. They all quietly and unanimously chose to
have PVP's meta turn out this way, by looking for the quickest, easier, and most successful
way to play pvp in ark, and they did so by watching people on youtube play and just mimiced
them.

They didn't play themselves. They didn't try and test and figure out what worked or didn't.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Just now, Darkwinter said:

And that's the reason why they're balanced. And that's why the "winners" have adapted already and the "winners" that will think they can't "win" anymore are here on the forums begging for a reversed update. And that's also why the "non-winners" and the "winners" that can adapt are here to help the devs to balance things more out. 

Spoken like a true non-winner.   Shouldn't need devs help to be a winner.

1 minute ago, BxSniperBx said:

Thats what forums are for. They want your feedback. But if your answer is solely to benefit you and not the majority, they will ignore you and write you off as just a selfish whinier. Come up with a solution to the problems so that the majority including yourself can be satisfied.

I have, and I get told by mods on here they aren't good enough, for one reason or another. Just ask Ciabattaroll.

Just now, GP said:

The same could be said to you, why not just wait and see what changes come if any, but that would be too easy I guess.

What good is waiting?  Would you turn your game off to wait for no reason? You would not so it's wasted time. Wait a week to feed your dinos cause what's wrong with waiting. Always consequences to waiting to long.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, gigamonster said:

What good is waiting?  Would you turn your game off to wait for no reason? You would not so it's wasted time. Wait a week to feed your dinos cause what's wrong with waiting. Always consequences to waiting to long.

I continue playing the game whilst I wait. Simples.

Just now, Extraterrestrial said:

I mean pvp in general.

Sniper isn't wrong when he says pvp has become all about aerial combat. But the thing is,
PVP'ers have no one to blame but themselves. They all quietly and unanimously chose to
have PVP's meta turn out this way, by looking for the quickest, easier, and most successful
way to play pvp in ark, and they did so by watching people on youtube play and just mimiced
them.

They didn't play themselves. They didn't try and test and figure out what worked or didn't.

Monkey see, monkey do.

I'm playing PvP and I'm not saying I love what they did, but I understand it. If I look to raids before the nerf it was all about the flyers. We'd be picking and turtle bombing the first 60% if not more to eventually just bust through their defense. From what I can tell (I've had 2 major raids since the update) is that flyers are still effective, not so much as offense but definitely as defense and the raids have become more fun. We're adapting to the new way of raids. Bronto's that need to soak and we actually need to worry about giga's for a bit. As for PvE I asked my friends (lots of them play PvE) and they're telling me they needed to adjust to it at first but now they got used to it and everything is back to normal again. I'd tried all of our flyers and I think Quetzal can use a buff, ptera and tape are very close to being good and the argy can maybe use a tiny little buff as well. 

Are you a PvP or PvE player and what are your experiences so far? 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, gigamonster said:

I'm done with convo. Home from work and my high lvl mut rexs need my attn. I would "wait" but thats not an option.

Waiting is always an option. Even if waiting means the worst it is still an option. But glad to see you continuing to play whilst you wait for any possible flyer changes.

6 minutes ago, gigamonster said:

Spoken like a true non-winner.   Shouldn't need devs help to be a winner.

If I'm honest I didn't even knew about the nerf until I logged in and I most certainly did not cry because I'm liking the game as it is and I know that buying an alpha game can result in it being changed. 

6 minutes ago, gigamonster said:

Why not just skip v2 and go to v3. Maybe so many wouldn't be pissed right now. But that's too easy I guess

All these version are testers, if you haven't acknowledge it, this is not a full released game. They will come out with a V3 and if people aren't satisfied, possibly a V4. Right now all you can do is voice a solution to the problem where others will agree. & not just say well if it wasn't for the majority losers when winners of raids can agree too they needed a cap.

Just now, Darkwinter said:

I'm playing PvP and I'm not saying I love what they did, but I understand it. If I look to raids before the nerf it was all about the flyers. We'd be picking and turtle bombing the first 60% if not more to eventually just bust through their defense. From what I can tell (I've had 2 major raids since the update) is that flyers are still effective, not so much as offense but definitely as defense and the raids have become more fun. We're adapting to the new way of raids. Bronto's that need to soak and we actually need to worry about giga's for a bit. As for PvE I asked my friends (lots of them play PvE) and they're telling me they needed to adjust to it at first but now they got used to it and everything is back to normal again. I'd tried all of our flyers and I think Quetzal can use a buff, ptera and tape are very close to being good and the argy can maybe use a tiny little buff as well. 

Are you a PvP or PvE player and what are your experiences so far? 

Now, where did you learn to turtle bomb?

29 minutes ago, Extraterrestrial said:

I mean pvp in general.

them.

Monkey see, monkey do.

I played since most servers were fresh and I seen people raid with the Giganto/Trike back than. The game evolved to solely flier raids and the devs listened and nerfed them.

Veterans like me hate youtubers who shared our secrets lol, but at the same time I enjoy the competition.

Also some of those big raids you see on youtube I was in sniping, picking, & strategizing in those mega wars.

Day before the nerf we went on a 3v8 raid and got in the base with just 1 ptera, 2 turtles (mate boosted) & 1 wyvern (to carry turtles). ;)

28 minutes ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Obviously you all didn't enjoy it that much, or they wouldn't have nerfed them.

We are not the majority though. If it was based on solely our enjoyment we would still be using quatzels with autos on them mowing down all tames. Our asc rockets would foundation wipe what you built for months in mins.

All these nerfs are understandable if you experienced the problems post nerf.

Im not happy my weight quatzel moves like a snail and takes longer to do metal runs, but I understand battle wise why they needed the speed/stam/health nerf.

1 minute ago, BxSniperBx said:

We are not the majority though. If it was based on solely our enjoyment

Are you serious? The whole nerf is centered around how it effects the flow of PVP and it's meta.

I've heard maybe 4 or 5 people who were PVE that said this needed to happen. 5. Everyone else complaining?
Yea, they're PVE. They don't like this poop. If the devs had implemented the nerf only on pvp, I sincerely doubt 
we'd see people complaining about this.

11 minutes ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Are you serious? The whole nerf is centered around how it effects the flow of PVP and it's meta.

I've heard maybe 4 or 5 people who were PVE that said this needed to happen. 5. Everyone else complaining?
Yea, they're PVE. They don't like this poop. If the devs had implemented the nerf only on pvp, I sincerely doubt 
we'd see people complaining about this.

Why do you pick solely on 1 piece what was said? Than the majority of the posts?

I said i didn't agree with results of the nerf earlier but agree it was necessary PVP battle wise. I also stated they needed a V3 speed boost for the majority. The enjoyment part was based on your assumption my enjoyment mattered post nerf compared to the enjoyment of the many. I can't speak for PVE player because I didnt play enough PVE to understand there problems on why they needed nerf also. Im just stating PVP fliers needed to be capped due to pvp being unbalanced.

2 minutes ago, BxSniperBx said:

Why do you pick solely on 1 piece what was said? Than the majority of the posts?

I said i didn't agree with results of the nerf earlier but agree it was necessary PVP battle wise. I also stated they needed a V3 speed boost for the majority. The enjoyment part was based on your assumption my enjoyment mattered post nerf compared to the enjoyment of the many. I can't speak for PVE player because I didnt play enough PVE to understand there problems on why they needed nerf also. Im just stating PVP fliers needed to be capped die to pvp being unbalanced.

The only reason I've seen given as to why the nerf happened on pve is that we apparently don't play long enough,
so they wanted to triple the time for us to do anything on the map. 

1 minute ago, Extraterrestrial said:

The only reason I've seen given as to why the nerf happened on pve is that we apparently don't play long enough,
so they wanted to triple the time for us to do anything on the map. 

You should create a topic on why the nerfed happened to pve to get those answers. If enough pve players voice there opinions their might be a logical reason why. If the majority don't agree on nerf the devs will listen and maybe they will ratify the mistake. & solely have the nerf on pvp like they have seperated picking up wilds on pvp from pve due to griefers.

22 hours ago, szabiferi said:

Come back couple weeks later, and tell me you are still enjoying the land dino convoy for a simple metal run.

Otherwise I'm yet to a see a land dino conwoy what breaks through a wild giga (that was what you mentioned)

You're on the right track there! That's all part of the game man! That 'holy crap, I just lost my my convoy and all the materials' feeling you get is all part of the survival element that I mentioned was missing of late.

I'm not sure when this thought became the norm that Ark was meant to be easy or forgiving. I play on Xbox and PC, so I've experienced the update for a while. The only people I feel sorry for are the ones on a private server that turned off Dino damage as they were only in it for the building and raising. Folk should explore that option if they are bothered by the intended mechanics - it is actually pretty fun, but I got bored of it quickly.

Archived