Wipe this awful update!

IamCake072

7 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

And yet the actual server numbers don't reflect that trend at all.

March 2017 41,053.0 -12,081.7 -22.74% 75,022
February 2017 53,134.7 +6,693.9 +14.41% 100,723
January 2017 46,440.8 +10,418.0 +28.92% 76,879
December 2016 36,022.8 +4,706.0 +15.03%

no? 12k % left.. isnt trend iquess just a minority..

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

12k% left? Where in the name of Dodos did you pull that percentage from?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Chronosphere said:

steam charts? do you not see the numbers infront of you? :) its easy too see the numbers that state the fact people come and they go.

You need to pay attention to what you are looking at and pasting here.

That 12k is not a percentage. Jeez, pay attention dude.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Chronosphere said:

well i am paying attention, maby thats  why you are not liking me atm :P but whatever numbers state the truth. am not here too argue anything. have a nice one :)

You're not paying attention though are you, it's not a percentage. Clearly the column next to it is the percentage because it says % next to everything.

lol 12,000% that made my day.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Chronosphere said:

yeah whatever 12k people left straight off, the % might have been a mistake, yet its total of 35k in the few mnths.. u had 100k  now down35k plus.

The 100k was completely out of the ordinary, so really it's nothing to be comparing anything against. That 12k left row clearly shows the peak players slotted in with the rest of the average if you look at all the months below it. The peak didn't really drop considering to all those months. The current peak is also still at 73k so still sitting in the average of everything else.

But yeah lets just judge that against the crazy 100k figure.

I find it interesting he used last months numbers (March), which was indeed down a bit from February... because to me it looks like Feb. was a monstrously huge month.  Roughly 25% higher in peak and average players than just about any other month the game has been around... well over 100k.  Congratulations Wild Card!

I'm not surprised it dropped back down to more normal figures in March.

Now in April, at least the last 30 days, ARK seems to be holding pretty steady (being just slightly up over March)... and since this patch dropped in April I guess that means the patch hasn't had much impact one way or the other... at least on Peak or Average players per day.

I'm confused as to where he thinks peak and average player per day figures equal total number of active players though.  

2 minutes ago, GP said:

The 100k was completely out of the ordinary, so really it's nothing to be comparing anything against. That 12k left row clearly shows the peak players slotted in with the rest of the average if you look at all the months below it. The peak didn't really drop considering to all those months. The current peak is also still at 73k so still sitting in the average of everything else.

But yeah lets just judge that against the crazy 100k figure.

I KNOW RIGHT!  Yes, he successfully proved that the flyer nerf hasn't done any harm to the peak and average number of players online since it dropped... so.... thank you's are in order I guess?

• Volunteer Moderator

Well the fact that the Peak Players for the last 30 days is 73k and the last time it's been higher than that before the big 100k craziness was both January 2017 and then WAY back in May 2016. So yeah those figures are showing some pretty healthy statistics currently. Thanks for reaffirming the positives in the figures.

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

You have to understand you're posting population figures for March, when the flyer stat changes were applied at the start of April.

Are you insinuating that people are timetravellers and left in March before they could even feel the impacts of the update?

3 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Of the creatures you posted only dimetrodons and pachys come even close to living in "forested" areas. Lystros are widespread along beaches and the lower slopes of hills which aren't all that saturated with trees. dodos are nigh everywhere yet also don't really congregate in forested areas. dimorphodons frequent the outlines of the swamps enough that they're outside of the mangroves, and turtles frequent shores and beaches more than they do forests. Now with that said, dimetrodons can also be found in abundance dotting the edges of the swamp, specifically the shores between the redwood and the swamp, as well as the shallows to the east of the redwood biome, so that's not really a proof to some sort of "under the canopy" scouting acumen, and pachys litter the hills (you can always find one along the slopes of the volcano) as well as the shores of the black beach.

Again I state I have every animal worth having for kibble except two. I don't have Gallis or pteras for kibble as I had an ally who did but alas they have left the server.  I routinely search for tames or specific items for people be it leech blood in the swamp with high lvl spino because somebody on server could not obtain or that elusive 150 compy deep in the forest. You are trying hard but failing again to understand I excel at all aspects of this game becuase i experience it all during my routine gameplay and not just flying with my head in clouds as you say. If I didn't I would get bored and quit especially since you rendered my beloved argy retarded. 

On 4/28/2017 at 1:20 AM, gigamonster said:

Really?? How is the game balanced now? Considering a flying animal is now the slowest thing in the game. Seems legit. You must be one of the ones crying about getting waxed by fliers that caused this debacle. Every server I've been on is livid and people are starting to leave.  Was fun after getting to know other tribes people personally but now it's getting to be all noobs and I don't have time for that. 

Being one of those guys who use fliers to raid, the fliers definately needed a nerf with a cap of speed and stamina. They need to just adjust the speed a bit more. Most big battles are just fliers. I enjoy the new aspect of using other tames/skills to pvp.

1 minute ago, BxSniperBx said:

Being one of those guys who use fliers to raid, the fliers definately needed a nerf with a cap of speed and stamina. They need to just adjust the speed a bit more. Most big battles are just fliers. I enjoy the new aspect of using other tames/skills to pvp.

There was literally nothing stopping you before from using other tames/skills

Just now, Extraterrestrial said:

There was literally nothing stopping you before from using other tames/skills

If you wanted to get pick and have your tame or yourself die during a raid post update, ride a ground tame that isn't a giga, rex, or bronto in a battle. Bear/therizino riders instantly die from a quatzel picking and bring back to there base.

1 hour ago, Darkwinter said:

Now I think you're just trolling man. It's because of the balance, if you didn't notice that the arrogant response 'Do you even play the game?' Is made invalid. Now it's my turn; Do you even play PVP? Because I can see the balance every single day. It seems like you're trying to disarm every argument made based on the fact that YOU as a player - that is not doing the same thing everyone else is doing - do not like these changes. Is it that hard for you to adjust or what is it? Because I read your comments and you should've been proud that the moderators kept feeding the trolling you're doing. And don't try to shine with numbers of tames and breeds. I know tribes that blow your numbers out of the water to eventually come back to my first question: Do you even play PVP?

As for PVE, I have friends playing it and they're saying they had to get used to it but now that they do it's not that bad anymore. So I hope you will find the courage, energy and flexibility to adjust. Good luck!

Look in the mirror and you'll see the troll with the I'm a pvp'er and I'm better than you because of it. Gimme a break. I'd play pvp if I had the time but since I work long hours I can't put in the time other snowflakes can. Until the lag is fixed there is no way I would even consider this to be a war game. I play cause it's fun to pick an objective and complete it or help others out with what they need.  If I want to do some killing I'll jump on cod or gta but not this game. I do my killing solo not with the help of others in lopsided numbers. 

You know tribes that blow my numbers out of the water? Well im a solo tribe son and I bet there's not many that has done what I have alone.  Ive tamed 20 gigas or so SOLO for me or other tribes that failed.  Ive delivery 150 rexs, argys, spinos to tribes that wanted them.  Ive given most away because I have fun doing the work not so much keeping.  So don't even compare other tribes to me and what they have because if it was an arms race I would win. 

My point is simple. I like the game lag and all but dont nerf my dinos because you can't handle them in PVP. Buck up son but dont cry to developers that your feeling got hurt by a mean ole argy. Either way I don't care anymore. 

BTW my point is made so acct will be closed and I will not read your response. I win

1 minute ago, BxSniperBx said:

If you wanted to get pick and have your tame or yourself die during a raid post update, ride a ground tame that isn't a giga, rex, or bronto in a battle. Bear/therizino riders instantly die from a quatzel picking and bring back to there base.

Every game has to have a loser.  One of the arguments the devs were pushing for the nerf is "they arent being used the way they should be" and "the land dinos are being ignored."

Yea, they were ignored, but hey, people had the option to use or not use them. 

17 minutes ago, ninjaridz said:

In my experience numbers can be.. how do I put it "fudged" especially when selling your game for peanuts! When your game is constantly in the bargain bin surely you got to ask some questions?!

So when the numbers don't back up the claims that "surely people are leaving in droves now", that means that those numbers (collected by Steam) were "fudged"?  :D

Would they have been inaccurate if the numbers had gone the other way?  No, probably not eh?

All games run periodic sales, as has ARK, over a far longer time frame than the last month.

I realize it sucks to have a pet theory disproven, but could you at least try to be happy that a game you apparently enjoy is doing solidly well despite going through it's major balancing phase.

10 minutes ago, BxSniperBx said:

Don't nerf speed. Nerf carry weight, health or melee. It's so stupid I can outrun a flying animal

3 minutes ago, gigamonster said:

Don't nerf speed. Nerf carry weight, health or melee. It's so stupid I can outrun a flying animal

Well, let's be fair, the way characters are set up in ARK you could set up a character to outrun most flyers before the nerf as well.  Humans can be one of the fastest creatures in the game if they choose to spend their points that way (which I've always had a small issue with to be honest).

Archived