Really Wildcard?!

irishcaveman93

So far I am pissed on this update. Took me 30 minutes to find a spot to build where before that WASN'T a problem. Can't build on my raft. Inventory "makeover" is bloody junk and I can't see half the crap anymore! Go back to the old layout Wildcard! Scrap this update for Xbox and PS4. Because if you intend to keep the new inability to build on beaches you'll lose everyone because not all of us wanna spawn, run, and die when we first start.

Update addition: And the flying?! Really?! Are you going to refund points of everyone who has invested speed points in their dinos speed?!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why people think posts like this are acceptable...

You complain about not being able to build but give no details as to what you were doing. No messages, no descriptions... just "I can't". Okay... maybe we can give u the benefit of the doubt that you are an exceptional and astute player and you legitimately cannot build. IE that the game is showing u a red structure with a message that confirms that wild card is literally telling you that you can't build there anymore... but wait... then we read the 2nd part.

You are not astute at all. No idea about the flier nerf to begin with apparently as well as being completely unaware of the fact that your points in speed being refunded has been confirmed and known for roughly a month.

Do some research. Stop expecting other people to educate you.

3 hours ago, irishcaveman93 said:

So far I am pissed on this update. Took me 30 minutes to find a spot to build where before that WASN'T a problem. Can't build on my raft. Inventory "makeover" is bloody junk and I can't see half the crap anymore! Go back to the old layout Wildcard! Scrap this update for Xbox and PS4. Because if you intend to keep the new inability to build on beaches you'll lose everyone because not all of us wanna spawn, run, and die when we first start.

Update addition: And the flying?! Really?! Are you going to refund points of everyone who has invested speed points in their dinos speed?!

Any points put in speed should have been refunded?

I'm not sure what the inability to build on beaches is? Maybe a console thing

3 hours ago, irishcaveman93 said:

Weve known about the update for a month.. theyve been posting news about it and its been all over every social media / forum platform lol. Sorry man.. your own fault for not knowijg whats coming. 

The ui is kind of weird ill give you that. Blue writing on blue background is terrible. (I got a 60" tv and can still barely read the text and i got 2020 vision!!)

5 hours ago, Yig said:

I don't understand why people think posts like this are acceptable...

You complain about not being able to build but give no details as to what you were doing. No messages, no descriptions... just "I can't". Okay... maybe we can give u the benefit of the doubt that you are an exceptional and astute player and you legitimately cannot build. IE that the game is showing u a red structure with a message that confirms that wild card is literally telling you that you can't build there anymore... but wait... then we read the 2nd part.

You are not astute at all. No idea about the flier nerf to begin with apparently as well as being completely unaware of the fact that your points in speed being refunded has been confirmed and known for roughly a month.

Do some research. Stop expecting other people to educate you.

First off when I think nerf, I think tweaks and adjustments. Not full on cactus screwing dry crap. Secondly yes I have seen notifications and news of the joke of an update it is. Thirdly putting a PC geared update on a platform console like Xbox/PS4 is like Windows 10 being forced onto a 90s Gateway tower. It won't work, it will piss people off, and frankly it has killed many game companies. Listen to the players not your wallets. Fourthly I'm talking beaches in general. Tried every one. Places I built on before, I can't now. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, irishcaveman93 said:

First off when I think nerf, I think tweaks and adjustments. Not full on cactus screwing dry crap. Secondly yes I have seen notifications and news of the joke of an update it is. Thirdly putting a PC geared update on a platform console like Xbox/PS4 is like Windows 10 being forced onto a 90s Gateway tower. It won't work, it will piss people off, and frankly it has killed many game companies. Listen to the players not your wallets.

You probably need to re-gear your vocabulary as far as gaming jargon is concerned then. In gaming, a nerf is the term for adjustments that connote a decrease or weakening aspect to it. It's most popularly pointed out right now with Overwatches D.Va yelling "nerf this" on using her ult, a taunt to enemies daring them to weaken the attacks impact. On the other hand, the term used for adjustments that connote an overall increase to aspects is called a buff.

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

You probably need to re-gear your vocabulary as far as gaming jargon is concerned then. In gaming, a nerf is the term for adjustments that connote a decrease or weakening aspect to it. It's most popularly pointed out right now with Overwatches D.Va yelling "nerf this" on using her ult, a taunt to enemies daring them to weaken the attacks impact. On the other hand, the term used for adjustments that connote an overall increase to aspects is called a buff.

I know my gaming jargon thanks. Nerf has evolved from the original use in the early 2000s which is what you stated above. Now nerf is most commonly used as the general what the raptor did you do because like Madden's kicking meter, this "nerf" got shanked so bad it's a top play in the Browns playbook. 

16 minutes ago, irishcaveman93 said:

First off when I think nerf, I think tweaks and adjustments. Not full on cactus screwing dry crap. Secondly yes I have seen notifications and news of the joke of an update it is. Thirdly putting a PC geared update on a platform console like Xbox/PS4 is like Windows 10 being forced onto a 90s Gateway tower. It won't work, it will piss people off, and frankly it has killed many game companies. Listen to the players not your wallets. Fourthly I'm talking beaches in general. Tried every one. Places I built on before, I can't now. 

First of all, @ciabattarollsaid nuff on the nerf thing.

Second I fail to see why this update is geared towards the PC and not consoles. This statement makes no sense to me.

Next one: Inform yourself before you claim that they listen to their wallets and not players. They did listen to players. They did listen to the hardcore PvP players. The people who probably know the game better than you and me. And the majority wanted to have a flyer nerf, because flying dinos were strong and made many many land dinos obsolete.

>Ptera makes any low-health, fast land mount scout useless.

>Quetzal makes any land high-weight transport dino obsolete

>Wyvern makes almost all strong Predators on land obsolete. It was better than any Rex or Spino on land. And don't get me started on Giga. The wannabe Apex predator joke with 400 stamina.

And the last point still a mystery to all of us. Why can't you build on beaches? What happens? Where does it happens? What does any tooltip say?

Edit: And no. Nerf does not mean what you say. Nerf means making something weaker. it meant this and it still means that. Wikipedia and urban dictionary, or any other source states that. So:

Re-gear your vocabulary as far as gaming jargon is concerned.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, irishcaveman93 said:

I know my gaming jargon thanks. Nerf has evolved from the original use in the early 2000s which is what you stated above. Now nerf is most commonly used as the general what the raptor did you do because like Madden's kicking meter, this "nerf" got shanked so bad it's a top play in the Browns playbook. 

It really hasn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerfing_(video_gaming)

a nerf is a change to a game that reduces the power of a weapon or skill.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/nerf

(lowercase) Slang. (in a video game) to reconfigure (an existing character or weapon), making it less powerful:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/nerf

(of a video game developer) reduce the power of (a character, weapon, etc.) in a new instalment or update of a video game.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/4221/etymology-of-buff-and-nerf-as-used-in-video-game-slang

In video games, when the makers increase the power of something, it is sometimes referred to as a buff. If they decrease the power of something, it is called a nerf or a de-buff. This also applies to player abilities to temporarily increase or decrease their power.

All of these definitions have not changed from its roots all the way back from Ultima Online.

Am on xbone as well - have to agree the UI revamp is pretty bad. If this is the best WC can come up with after about 2 years (on xbone I think)... well I dont think it bodes well for the games long term future. Fonts are smaller than ever and blue on blue are u kidding me? ingrames appear white on white if u have materials on hand to craft it. etc etc. Its pretty pathetic.

7 hours ago, d1nk said:

Weve known about the update for a month.. theyve been posting news about it and its been all over every social media / forum platform lol. Sorry man.. your own fault for not knowijg whats coming. 

The ui is kind of weird ill give you that. Blue writing on blue background is terrible. (I got a 60" tv and can still barely read the text and i got 2020 vision!!)

Luckily I have 20/10 so I can see everything completely fine

11 hours ago, irishcaveman93 said:

Why can't you build on the beach?

Sounds like the beach areas you are trying to build on have been pillared. The areas that aren't pillared are probably drop areas. You're not allowed to build on these places anywhere.

Like everyone says about the UI, the blue on blue is daft. I can read it fine, but a friend struggles. The actual UI control itself is much better though imo.

The struggle I'm having with your post is the whole PC/console argument. Could you iterate more on what you mean? It's the same game played on all platforms, viewed through a screen, so I presume it's a complaint against the input method - kb&mouse vs control pad. I play on the PC and Xbox, so I'm interested to hear what the grievance is.

TL/DR : can you buff your statements, the meaning got nerfed.

17 hours ago, irishcaveman93 said:

Because if you intend to keep the new inability to build on beaches you'll lose everyone because not all of us wanna spawn, run, and die when we first start.

If you play on PvE server, then iirc building on spawn points is restricted (if thats not the case then somebody else claimed that territory with their structures already). And yes, you are supposed to venture inland/away from relatively safe areas to build your base. Fail that and next your complain will be "getting to resources takes too long".

Apparently none of you asking me about UI realize I play Xbox One. This update was geared for PC. I know this because if I'm literally right on top of my TV, I can see the text, but not on a couch. As for the trolls on my post please stop. I see plenty of jerks on my other games. As for the beach I tried every foundation and whatnot, it will not build and I am Singleplayer mode so no shot of other interference. 

5 minutes ago, irishcaveman93 said:

Apparently none of you asking me about UI realize I play Xbox One. This update was geared for PC. I know this because if I'm literally right on top of my TV, I can see the text, but not on a couch. As for the trolls on my post please stop. I see plenty of jerks on my other games. As for the beach I tried every foundation and whatnot, it will not build and I am Singleplayer mode so no shot of other interference. 

Single Player? Odd. I'll test it when I get a chance, see if it's an isolated thing or if I run into it as well.

1 hour ago, irishcaveman93 said:

Irish, I believe I saw a post from Jat that indicated some UI bugs had cropped up and that a fix was going through the certification process.  Don't quote me on that as I was actually paying attention to something else at the time, but if I'm right they are on it... it just takes a while to jump through all the necessary hoops to push something through to consoles.

I have no idea about a beach building restriction, you're the only person I've seen mentioning it which leads me to believe something else may be going on.  Not what you wanted to hear, I know, but I'll keep my eyes open for any info on it.

13 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

Irish, I believe I saw a post from Jat that indicated some UI bugs had cropped up and that a fix was going through the certification process.  Don't quote me on that as I was actually paying attention to something else at the time, but if I'm right they are on it... it just takes a while to jump through all the necessary hoops to push something through to consoles.

I have no idea about a beach building restriction, you're the only person I've seen mentioning it which leads me to believe something else may be going on.  Not what you wanted to hear, I know, but I'll keep my eyes open for any info on it.

UI bugs? You're joking right? The old UI was just bloody fine. If they wanna improve anything they need to add to the build options. I have a suggestion up regarding that actually. Both options while building and additions to what we can build.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2017 at 11:01 AM, Teddansen said:

My only problem is the colour scheme blue on Blue makes it hard to read for me atleast . I'm near sighted so I'm always wearing glasses when im playing and even then I'm squinting just to see the smaller print

I usually have to get up and get 4 inches from the TV lol.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:46 AM, irishcaveman93 said:

Is there a problem with the speed?

Archived