This is what Wildcard thinks of your disapproval of them ruining your flyers.

AndrewLB

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Awakatanka said:

You now that opinions an polls are made for elections to. It also a very small avarege of people that give there opinion our vote. If they actaul do what the say you can not track but mostly its about the same % as the actual electoin results.

I think it will be the same for games. That most people are not on forum can be because its a englisch forum our they do not use forums. This is not saying they like the game buff/nerf. That kind of players stop playing our keep playing without them saying anything. I think the players that react on a forum is a good avarege of the player base.....

Polls for elections also have the same amount of accuracy. The biggest example of a poll failing to measure up to reality would be presidential election of Harry Truman despite polls (as well as 'conventional wisdom') stating that Dewey would win both the electoral as well as the popular votes.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

A reasonable post, however you draw some very odd conclusions.  Most of the moderators here have corrected factual errors... such as your assertion that a Quetz can no longer fly a minor distance without needing to land.  It may subjectively seem that way to you, but it is factually untrue... so stating they are "refuting the obvious" is a little... odd. 

As a side note, once the balancing changes are complete (including reworking the "special abilities" many of the creatures have) then the flavor text in the dossiers will be corrected to match.  Also, breeders would be well advised to remember that changes of this nature can, and likely will, have an impact on their results.

Previously a quetz was able to traverse the map as a large transport. Our same quetz, that we bred and spent days raising with it's stamina in mind, can no longer make it the width of Jungle South without needing to land. That is a minor distance. That is a fact. They over nerfed the birds, period. They had good intentions, the pteras needed work. They overshot it and went too far. That's all. 

As far as your moderator comment- there are moderators on this very thread attempting to argue the validity of statements pointing to evidence of community displeasure. This thread was started because someone pointed out an extremely unprofessional employee of WC seemingly mocking the community's displeasure. I don't mind them failing on the patch, lots of patches bring with them unforeseen issues. I mind the cognitive dissonance that would keep them from correcting their error. That's all. 

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Popojijo said:

Previously a quetz was able to traverse the map as a large transport. Our same quetz, that we bred and spent days raising with it's stamina in mind, can no longer make it the width of Jungle South without needing to land. That is a minor distance. That is a fact. They over nerfed the birds, period. They had good intentions, the pteras needed work. They overshot it and went too far. That's all.

Are you "sprinting" on your quetz? Because that sounds off. You ought to be able to make that trip based on a quetzal's stamina values and stamina drain.

46 minutes ago, Popojijo said:

As far as your moderator comment- there are moderators on this very thread attempting to argue the validity of statements pointing to evidence of community displeasure. This thread was started because someone pointed out an extremely unprofessional employee of WC seemingly mocking the community's displeasure. I don't mind them failing on the patch, lots of patches bring with them unforeseen issues. I mind the cognitive dissonance that would keep them from correcting their error. That's all. 

Well, Moderators, benevoles or not, are still under WC rules, and you don't go around dissing your bosses decisions on the internet, peoples have lost payed jobs for that. Plus, WC obviously would choose people that shares their opinions on mostly everything.

I agree- they can't express their personal opinions if they conflict with the company message. I get that. I would think they know that the nerf overshot the target a bit. No big deal, what I'm annoyed with is the cognitive dissonance I was referencing. Obviously what the OP was referencing wasn't professional either. 

Ive never enjoyed a game enough to get on a forum and create an account to post. I'll give credit where it's due- what an amazing concept for a game. It's infinitely complicated, complex and that makes it very fun. The freedom and ability to personalize your experience are unlike anything I've experienced. That's why something like this nerf and the response to it thus far have been disappointing. 

To answer the quetz question- sprinting is the preferred mode of transport considering I can outrun the quetz on foot.... something that absolutely shouldn't be the case. Sprinting or no the range for a bird that should be an "airbus" totally misses the mark. But I don't need to tell you that, I'm 100% certain everyone over there knows this already. 

In the spirit of moving forward, is there any info on a fix for this nerf? Has a date been set? 

1 hour ago, Popojijo said:

I agree- they can't express their personal opinions if they conflict with the company message. I get that. I would think they know that the nerf overshot the target a bit. No big deal, what I'm annoyed with is the cognitive dissonance I was referencing. Obviously what the OP was referencing wasn't professional either. 

Ive never enjoyed a game enough to get on a forum and create an account to post. I'll give credit where it's due- what an amazing concept for a game. It's infinitely complicated, complex and that makes it very fun. The freedom and ability to personalize your experience are unlike anything I've experienced. That's why something like this nerf and the response to it thus far have been disappointing. 

To answer the quetz question- sprinting is the preferred mode of transport considering I can outrun the quetz on foot.... something that absolutely shouldn't be the case. Sprinting or no the range for a bird that should be an "airbus" totally misses the mark. But I don't need to tell you that, I'm 100% certain everyone over there knows this already. 

In the spirit of moving forward, is there any info on a fix for this nerf? Has a date been set? 

I'm glad you enjoy ARK, but that doesn't mean that you aren't going to be corrected with you give incorrect information.

I've sprinted on a post nerf Quetz from the southern peak of Craggs island to the Volcano without landing, with stamina to spare, after putting  a few levels in stamina.

It took 5 1/2 minutes. 

I sprinted the same distance with 80% encumbrance when that Quetz had 35 to 40 levels in stamina, again with stamina to spare.

It took a little over 8 minutes.

Typically that is the longest resource gathering trip that will be commonly undertaken by most players, going from one coast to the center of the map.  Hardly a "minor distance", and I think it's pretty obvious that the ability to easily travel non-stop across the entire width of the game world (as you previously could) is one of the main problems the nerf is addressing.

I documented it and put out a video on it a couple of days ago.  As I said before, your subjective impression can be misleading (through no intentional fault of your own)... and when you put those impressions out as fact someone is very likely to step up and set the record straight.

As for moderators voicing their opinion, I have yet to see a policy that says they cannot freely do so as long as the keep the forum rules firmly in mind.  In fact I frequently see moderators agreeing with an community opinion that a change in one area or another might be beneficial.  Theory's to the contrary are often humorous, but again incorrect.

I think if you read the actual responses in this thread, you'll find there are very few people that have actually have an issue with a developer having a sense of humor.  If you personally do, that's your prerogative...  but you're not going to get very much support in that regard from the rest of the community.

I haven't heard of any further changes as of yet, they are still reviewing the actual data on the changes made so far.  We'll have to see what happens.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Well, Moderators, benevoles or not, are still under WC rules, and you don't go around dissing your bosses decisions on the internet, peoples have lost payed jobs for that. Plus, WC obviously would choose people that shares their opinions on mostly everything.

This is wrong, i've given plenty of comments where I disagree with something WC have done or a decision they've made, because I speak as a player. And we aren't under WC rules at all, we are under the forum rules just like everyone else.

1 hour ago, ranger1presents said:

I'm glad you enjoy ARK, but that doesn't mean that you aren't going to be corrected with you give incorrect information.

I've sprinted on a post nerf Quetz from the southern peak of Craggs island to the Volcano without landing, with stamina to spare, after putting  a few levels in stamina.

It took 5 1/2 minutes. 

I sprinted the same distance with 80% encumbrance when that Quetz had 35 to 40 levels in stamina, again with stamina to spare.

It took a little over 8 minutes.

Typically that is the longest resource gathering trip that will be commonly undertaken by most players, going from one coast to the center of the map.  Hardly a "minor distance", and I think it's pretty obvious that the ability to easily travel non-stop across the entire width of the game world (as you previously could) is one of the main problems the nerf is addressing.

I documented it and put out a video on it a couple of days ago.  As I said before, your subjective impression can be misleading (through no intentional fault of your own)... and when you put those impressions out as fact someone is very likely to step up and set the record straight.

As for moderators voicing their opinion, I have yet to see a policy that says they cannot freely do so as long as the keep the forum rules firmly in mind.  In fact I frequently see moderators agreeing with an community opinion that a change in one area or another might be beneficial.  Theory's to the contrary are often humorous, but again incorrect.

I think if you read the actual responses in this thread, you'll find there are very few people that have actually have an issue with a developer having a sense of humor.  If you personally do, that's your prerogative...  but you're not going to get very much support in that regard from the rest of the community.

I haven't heard of any further changes as of yet, they are still reviewing the actual data on the changes made so far.  We'll have to see what happens.

This... I can't tell you how many people tame for levels instead of stats,  there's a big difference.. I think the nerf exposed crummy stamina tames even more so.. 

1 hour ago, GP said:

This is wrong, i've given plenty of comments where I disagree with something WC have done or a decision they've made, because I speak as a player. And we aren't under WC rules at all, we are under the forum rules just like everyone else.

Well i have to give credit where credit's due. It's right i've seen you couple of time disagree but you are an exeption, really.

And... who made the rules? WC.

3 hours ago, Popojijo said:

No there has not been a date set. It might still be awhile but as long as people stay patient, I believe it will actually happen.

unfortunately, the more hate they get, the longer they will make it take. And I don't blame them for doing that. If people want to help then congrats for them and they can make the solution come along faster. If they want to talk poop it will be their fault and theirs alone if the solution takes longer. True story!

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

No there has not been a date set. It might still be awhile but as long as people stay patient, I believe it will actually happen.

unfortunately, the more hate they get, the longer they will make it take. And I don't blame them for doing that. If people want to help then congrats for them and they can make the solution come along faster. If they want to talk poop it will be their fault and theirs alone if the solution takes longer. True story!

That's not how a company set to make money from a customer should behave. That is acting out of spite and would likely result in a short lived tenure in business. WC is a company with the goal of making money, I don't imagine they would be as immature to act out of spite.

To Ranger- we are at the tip of Jungle north on the edge of the swamp, at the foot of the cliff facing towards Volcano. From there, to head up and around towards redwood we have to stop at the edge of Jungle north along the water. We then have to stop on an island before redwood. A trip that previously we made from base to redwood with ease. Our base to the beach of jungle north is a minor distance. Period. You can keep trying to downplay it, but it's an airbus got way over nerfed on stam. It is a bred quetz and we don't give a flying poo what level an animal comes out at. We kill hatched animals that don't have the stats we are looking for. This quetz was kept because of stam and carry weight. The weight is fine with the work they did for other animals but the quetz stam was over-nerfed. If a patch is coming for it then someone else thinks so too. Set up a survey monkey and put a link to it on your forum homepage, see what kind of results you get. 

I have a sense of humor, but it fades in situations like the OP pointed out. I'm afraid to check my hours spent on this game, I imagine they are extensive. It isn't funny when a lot of that work is flushed down the can and one of the people representing it pops off a joke about it. There are a lot of irritated people, I'm now one of them. Some will try to downplay how many are irritated, but they would be mistaken. Of 3 servers I had spent time on all 3 are down to roughly 1/4 the players logged in during the hours I spend on. On one of them the head of alpha that has been in power since the release of our server quit the day after the nerf was released, as did a number of other people I enjoyed partying up with and playing with. I know, it's too small a sample size, all the polls are rigged and show the opposite of the truth, the minority is the loudest.....

19 minutes ago, Popojijo said:

That's not how a company set to make money from a customer should behave. That is acting out of spite and would likely result in a short lived tenure in business. WC is a company with the goal of making money, I don't imagine they would be as immature to act out of spite.

To Ranger- we are at the tip of Jungle north on the edge of the swamp, at the foot of the cliff facing towards Volcano. From there, to head up and around towards redwood we have to stop at the edge of Jungle north along the water. We then have to stop on an island before redwood. A trip that previously we made from base to redwood with ease. Our base to the beach of jungle north is a minor distance. Period. You can keep trying to downplay it, but it's an airbus got way over nerfed on stam. It is a bred quetz and we don't give a flying poo what level an animal comes out at. We kill hatched animals that don't have the stats we are looking for. This quetz was kept because of stam and carry weight. The weight is fine with the work they did for other animals but the quetz stam was over-nerfed. If a patch is coming for it then someone else thinks so too. Set up a survey monkey and put a link to it on your forum homepage, see what kind of results you get. 

I have a sense of humor, but it fades in situations like the OP pointed out. I'm afraid to check my hours spent on this game, I imagine they are extensive. It isn't funny when a lot of that work is flushed down the can and one of the people representing it pops off a joke about it. There are a lot of irritated people, I'm now one of them. Some will try to downplay how many are irritated, but they would be mistaken. Of 3 servers I had spent time on all 3 are down to roughly 1/4 the players logged in during the hours I spend on. On one of them the head of alpha that has been in power since the release of our server quit the day after the nerf was released, as did a number of other people I enjoyed partying up with and playing with. I know, it's too small a sample size, all the polls are rigged and show the opposite of the truth, the minority is the loudest.....

I am pretty sure they are mainly trying to make their dream come true. As well as many others dreams come true. This is a very ground breaking game that is a huge deal. To focus on things of no importance is not a good way to behave.

they are humans as well and not some form of a god. They have flaws just like everyone else. They also have feelings. Everyone wants the devs to take their feelings into consideration without having to takes theirs into consideration. Very hypocritical 

You can keep trying to downplay it, but it's an airbus got way over nerfed on stam.

It's not an airbus, it's an air bronto, and it's still by far the easiest... safest... and fastest way to transport large amounts of heavy resources long distances.  It also has significantly more stamina than any other air creature.  I've given you ample video evidence flying fully half the width of the island (and to the top of the volcano) in 1 go, both encumbered and unencumbered, I have no need to "downplay" anything.  The facts, and video evidence, more than eloquently speak for themselves.

It is a bred quetz and we don't give a flying poo what level an animal comes out at. We kill hatched animals that don't have the stats we are looking for. This quetz was kept because of stam and carry weight.

This leads me to believe (and I could be mistaken) that you are still using a pre-nerf Quetz.  As has been pointed out this is a mistake, you have a large amount of wasted points that were in it's base speed pre-tame that are (and have always been) wasted and that haven't been distributed to other useful stats as they are post nerf.  The Quetzal I used for the test was simply spawned in and force tamed... not bred for superior stats nor imprinted for a boost.  If I am in error and you actually are using a post nerf Quetzal and have already bred superior stats in endurance then good on you.

Of 3 servers I had spent time on all 3 are down to roughly 1/4 the players logged in during the hours I spend on.

I have no doubt that happened to you, but you're being subjective and accepting it as fact again.  The fact is that the player average count is actually up slightly for the period of April, which is when the neft was released (including its non-buffed period).  Frankly that surprises me as in most games a significant nerf of an overpowered mechanic results in somewhat lower numbers for a short period of time.

WC may well decide to tweak things back up a bit, which is fine as long as it doesn't bring back the extreme over dependence on flyers we had previously... back when anyone could easily and quickly traverse the entire game world to gather huge amounts of resources on a whim.  But that decision will be based on facts and data, not subjective opinion.

1 hour ago, ranger1presents said:

It's not an airbus, it's an air bronto, and it's still by far the easiest... safest... and fastest way to transport large amounts of heavy resources long distances.  It also has significantly more stamina than any other air creature.  I've given you ample video evidence flying fully half the width of the island (and to the top of the volcano) in 1 go, both encumbered and unencumbered, I have no need to "downplay" anything.  The facts, and video evidence, more than eloquently speak for themselves.

This leads me to believe (and I could be mistaken) that you are still using a pre-nerf Quetz.  As has been pointed out this is a mistake, you have a large amount of wasted points that were in it's base speed pre-tame that are (and have always been) wasted and that haven't been distributed to other useful stats as they are post nerf.  The Quetzal I used for the test was simply spawned in and force tamed... not bred for superior stats nor imprinted for a boost.  If I am in error and you actually are using a post nerf Quetzal and have already bred superior stats in endurance then good on you.

I have no doubt that happened to you, but you're being subjective and accepting it as fact again.  The fact is that the player average count is actually up slightly for the period of April, which is when the neft was released (including its non-buffed period).  Frankly that surprises me as in most games a significant nerf of an overpowered mechanic results in somewhat lower numbers for a short period of time.

WC may well decide to tweak things back up a bit, which is fine as long as it doesn't bring back the extreme over dependence on flyers we had previously... back when anyone could easily and quickly traverse the entire game world to gather huge amounts of resources on a whim.  But that decision will be based on facts and data, not subjective opinion.

Uh did you fake what I said somehow? When did I say that? 

@GP how was he able to fake quote me? I want that taken off

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

Uh did you fake what I said somehow? When did I say that? 

@GP how was he able to fake quote me? I want that taken off

Sorry Volcano, the post I was pulling the quotes from was directly above yours.  You had also quoted it and I mistakenly pulled that one from your post instead of the post it originally came from.  Apparently if you "quote a quote" from inside someone else's post (because they quoted it too) it puts gets the original author mixed up.  I just hadn't scrolled up on the page as far as I thought I had.

I corrected it as far as the forum will allow by removing your name from that one.  I'm glad I checked back before going to bed.  O.o

5 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

Sorry Volcano, the post I was pulling the quotes from was directly above yours.  You had also quoted it and I mistakenly pulled that one from your post instead of the post it originally came from.  Apparently if you "quote a quote" from inside someone else's post (because they quoted it too) it puts gets the original author mixed up.  I just hadn't scrolled up on the page as far as I thought I had.

I corrected it as far as the forum will allow by removing your name from that one.  I'm glad I checked back before going to bed.  O.o

Ok, it must be a pc thing or something. Anytime I push the quote button on my phone it only lets me quote the person that said it. That is was a hack or something. Didn't think anything like that was possible.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Well as far as I knew that couldn't happen. Try having some respect. I thought someone was altering what I said or in this case didn't say.

If you think someone is doing that please report the post rather than tag mods in the thread, that way it prevents the thread being filled up with off topic posts.

So let's get back on topic now, it ends here.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

If you think someone is doing that please report the post rather than tag mods in the thread, that way it prevents the thread being filled up with off topic posts.

So let's get back on topic now, it ends here.

Yes please, "let's" anyways, back on topic.

6 hours ago, GOFSTING said:

OMG are people still crying about the flying nerf its fine... what are these people gonna do when they wipe all servers all launch, if they do of course.. I personally think and hope they do as the new player base will be behind at least 2 years at that point

Even though this isn't about a wipe I do agree with you.

i am just having a hard time with the how people think that the devs don't care at all. Why? Because jat made a joke? How awful(also a joke) because they having done something as fast as people wanted it? I guess they should feel bad for being human and having real life problems. Smh.

8 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

im going to quickly jump in here with a personal experience, i have a tamed quetz form before the nerf dropped, so i have alot of lost lvls in speed. im still able to travel to the vulcano in 1 trip and have 35%+ stam at the end. that only with like 15 levels in stamina. (i flew from green obi.) so even with pre-nerf quetzals its entirely possible to travel obscene ammounts of distance in a reasonable time while being heavily loaded :) 

just wanted to let the people know its not as bad as some people portray it to be.

one last thing, my quetzal was high level when tamed, ofcourse a lvl 5 quetzal wont fly to the vulcano and back in 1 go. but i assume we can all agree they arent supposed to do that ^^ 

No matter your opinion on the nerf be it a good or bad thing there is no denying its produced a goldmine of angry commenting children flocking to the forums. Some of the hate you see is pure gold to read. It says a lot about how reliant on flyers people are when these 7 flying creatures got nerfed people have raged harder than when 60+ creatures got nerfed in the general creature patch a while back.

Archived