This is what Wildcard thinks of your disapproval of them ruining your flyers.

AndrewLB

13 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

To each their own, I wish you well.

But I am a little confused at your choices since you don't care for travel time.

Horizon takes about 20 minutes to cross the map non-stop... 1 way.

Breath of the Wild takes an average of 30 minutes to cross the map.... 1 way.

At least Horizon has vehicles of a sort and fast travel points once they become available, then again, ARK has teleport pads you can eventually place where ever you wish for instantaneous travel... so there's that.

Just some things to consider.

But to be honest, who can afford those Teleporters/fast travel points? Just the big tribes who are able to defeat the bosses several times to achieve all materials needed. As a small tribe or a single player this is, I guess (please correct me, if I am totally wrong), nearly impossible. And, for example, I am not such a fan of science fiction, so I dislike all this Tek stuff totally and would prefer to play as before all this. But this would give me a huge disadvantage to everybody else as the primitive plus is too primitive for me *gg*. So I have to find a way, how to travel from A to B without needing actually a whole day. One possibility could be to build more bases around the Island to have more possibilities to make a break during travel (I don't mean just for regaining stamina but for logging off safely).

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, magictina1970 said:

But to be honest, who can afford those Teleporters/fast travel points?

Literally anyone that can get high enough levels to unlock the sleeping bag/bed engrams? The tek teleporters aren't the first fast travel system ark has, just one that allows you to bring materials (or even dinos) along with you as the boon to it requiring such a high level to obtain.

I really can't wait for this weekend to be over! I bought a spare PS4 to play this game, there are 15 of us palying all the time. Not anymore all 15 people didn't bother showing up last night and tonight will be the same! I agree with most of the update withe the exception of the Quetz! Its not worth taming now! There is no reward for the amount of effort required to get one! Its an end game flyer that more that anything made farming less tedious. You know the same way a Chem Station and Industrial forge speed things up! Im right un the middle of metal farming for my huge base, no chance im even bothering now. Can't wait to see official figures of how many console players ditched the game! Now they are playing games they have ignored! Neoh, Battlefield, For Honour and Mass Effect to name a few. If this doesn't get sorted soon you will never get those consile players back!

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Reefarolla said:

I really can't wait for this weekend to be over! I bought a spare PS4 to play this game, there are 15 of us palying all the time. Not anymore all 15 people didn't bother showing up last night and tonight will be the same! I agree with most of the update withe the exception of the Quetz! Its not worth taming now! There is no reward for the amount of effort required to get one! Its an end game flyer that more that anything made farming less tedious. You know the same way a Chem Station and Industrial forge speed things up! Im right un the middle of metal farming for my huge base, no chance im even bothering now. Can't wait to see official figures of how many console players ditched the game! Now they are playing games they have ignored! Neoh, Battlefield, For Honour and Mass Effect to name a few. If this doesn't get sorted soon you will never get those consile players back!

Why can't you wait for the weekend to be over?

1 hour ago, GP said:

Why can't you wait for the weekend to be over?

I can't wait for this weekend to be over for one simple reason, to see the figures for how many people stopped playing this game across both platforms. Recent elections have told us polls are not accurate. Official figures for how many people logged on don't lie and I can assure you people are not logging on. I own a server where 15 people have played this game almost everyday for the last 4 months (The Arktivist PS4), after 1 day playing the update, for the first time ever in 4 months NO ONE PLAYED ARK LAST NIGHT! I love the game but when you make something that is already frustrating to play because of bugs, glitches and connectivity issues, even more frustrating or Mundane..........THE STRAW BREAKS THE CAMELS BACK AND THEY QUIT! We had got to the end game, we were helping each other when in scrapes and enjoying much improved re-source farming with Quetz and Industrial forge. Now if someone is in trouble it isn't worth going to help! If you want to farm you can't use a Quetzal through fear of coma inducing speed that makes you fall asleep and nose dive into certain death! Yes land dino's are better for farming now, but land dino's don't make a map 3 dimensional, they don't give you the option to turn a very windy dangerous path back to base into a straight line, thus removing unnecessary danger and mundane travel time from point A to B. You can literally walk faster down a beach than the Quetzals crawl making it pointless! Like I said in my other post if you already haven't got one, its pointless trying to get one! 

People will quit over the weekend and even more so over the next fortnight!! It's a simple mindset of human beings you flip me the bird by removing the..... bird, I flip the bird right back at you by removing myself! If I start enjoying a different game I go to my friend and say forget Ark this is more fun come and join me, he does the same with his friends and so on. That starts off as a snowball, wait til you guys feel the rumble of the avalanche of backlash on console! Console players are not loyal at all!! WC have pulled off a miracle keeping so many console players so loyal for so long, in an industry that is getting more and more fed up with being ripped off! Personally I didn't play NEOH, BF, ME Andromeda or For Honour because of this game! Great timing on WC's part because its a bank holiday weekend and those games are going on sale! My friend and most avid fan of this game on our server is already playing for Honour!

I don't disagree with the update in its entirety but to take the one thing away every single player works towards, the thing that is the most complicated to tame but provides such game changing rewards!

Like I said in my post, I understand Alpha's are ruining PVP for people!! That's the definition of an Alpha though, they are not bothered about farming they just want to gang up and prove their Physical dominance! You take the Quetz away they will just steam roller tribes with another exploit or just pure strength in numbers! A much simpler way would be to Nerf the Quetz platform! Then you wouldn't irritate your entire consumer base wholesale! You would also have two lots of figures to analyse for future Nerfs/Buffs!

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Reefarolla said:

I can't wait for this weekend to be over for one simple reason, to see the figures for how many people stopped playing this game across both platforms. Recent elections have told us polls are not accurate. Official figures for how many people logged on don't lie and I can assure you people are not logging on.

Ah ok, I only really know of where to see Steam figures. Where do you go to see Xbox/PS4 figures out of curiosity?

3 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Literally anyone that can get high enough levels to unlock the sleeping bag/bed engrams? The tek teleporters aren't the first fast travel system ark has, just one that allows you to bring materials (or even dinos) along with you as the boon to it requiring such a high level to obtain.

You can even use drops or obs to travel across a map.. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Reefarolla said:

The same place you go to find out that it has outsold every title on console since Christmas every month.........the Internet!

Oh very helpful, and there for a second I thought you might not be a troll and might be someone having a decent conversation in a thread. How wrong could I be.

16 minutes ago, GP said:

Oh very helpful, and there for a second I thought you might not be a troll and might be someone having a decent conversation in a thread. How wrong could I be.

GP I've got a lot of respect for you, but it's clear this person is upset and irrational. Discrediting his concern and opinion by calling him a troll or other means isn't cool. I belive the term is called smearing if I recall correctly. And he's not all wrong. The way wild card has handled this entire thing has been very frustrating. He's not in the right for blowing up on the forums, but it's also not cool to downplay his concerns. As for checking online statistics my best guess would be to Google it and dig around. 

Play nice guys. I'm mad at wild card too, but give them the chance to get the data to actually fix the problem. It's more about seeing where the balance goes by changing the meta like an experiment. They'll make it better eventually. They finally fixed drowning when wearing scuba gear on disconnect. It's frustrating, but give it time.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, McLeach said:

GP I've got a lot of respect for you, but it's clear this person is upset and irrational. Discrediting his concern and opinion by calling him a troll or other means isn't cool. I belive the term is called smearing if I recall correctly. And he's not all wrong. The way wild card has handled this entire thing has been very frustrating. He's not in the right for blowing up on the forums, but it's also not cool to downplay his concerns. As for checking online statistics my best guess would be to Google it and dig around. 

Play nice guys. I'm mad at wild card too, but give them the chance to get the data to actually fix the problem. It's more about seeing where the balance goes by changing the meta like an experiment. They'll make it better eventually. They finally fixed drowning when wearing scuba gear on disconnect. It's frustrating, but give it time.

You clearly haven't read my posts. I was simply asking him where he goes to see the figures for console. I stated I know where to go for Steam because that's what I play on, but I was asking a genuine question about where he goes to get the console figures, because i'm genuinely interested.

What did he do? He said the same place you go to find out.... the internet.

I did not ever discredit him, I did not ever comment on his opinion, I asked him a simple question and he responded with a troll answer.

2 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

You can even use drops or obs to travel across a map.. 

How in the heck do you travel different parts of a map with a supply drop? I know you can do it with different servers but did i miss something? Plus using a bed drops items, i totally don't understand that one. Wish you could travel AND keep the items. 

33 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

How in the heck do you travel different parts of a map with a supply drop? I know you can do it with different servers but did i miss something? Plus using a bed drops items, i totally don't understand that one. Wish you could travel AND keep the items. 

You upload items or tames to a drop enmasse, you unload them at another on same map.. a little trickier with your character, but everything else is easy peasy. Can't have everything that simple with character transfer/fast travel, there's a trade off.. the new teleporter will cost element, simple beds and sleeping bags don't allow item transfer, it's called balance, forces you into a choice. This isn't a simulation, it's a survival game,  decisions will have to be made. 

1 hour ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

Like the guy above me said. Upload items to drop. But then fast travel to a small outpost with a bed near a drop. Boom, fast travel across the map in under 5 minutes. Metal runs never been easier ?

6 minutes ago, DankestKhan said:

Like the guy above me said. Upload items to drop. But then fast travel to a small outpost with a bed near a drop. Boom, fast travel across the map in under 5 minutes. Metal runs never been easier ?

And yet another example of someone adapting to the nerf and finding a way around just sitting on their backside crying over their flyers. Good to see some people can actually use their brain still.

7 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

To each their own, I wish you well.

But I am a little confused at your choices since you don't care for travel time.

Horizon takes about 20 minutes to cross the map non-stop... 1 way.

Breath of the Wild takes an average of 30 minutes to cross the map.... 1 way.

At least Horizon has vehicles of a sort and fast travel points once they become available, then again, ARK has teleport pads you can eventually place where ever you wish for instantaneous travel... so there's that.

Just some things to consider.

You are comparing Ark to the game that it is way more polished, offers enjoyable combat system, responsive movement controls and a proper AI. It has enemies that you can avoid and defaet by your skills not by just higher statistcs of your character. Traveling and exploring in Horizon Zero Dawn is the best aspect of the game. Everything catches your eyes and you can learn the lore of world by reading messages placed in areas that make sense. Not like in Ark, you have a ruin there out of blue that makes no sense whatsoever and notes that you cannot read, because 2/3 of them are written in latin and chinese! And wiki does not have them translated even. 

Do you know why people loath travel on foot or on dino on The Island? Because within 10 meter radious you can find at least 2 hostile creatures, which will attack you at once. Map is overcrowded with hostile animals that you cannot avoid. It became so irritating that no wonder people skipped that tedious part of the game by using flyers all the time. Dealing with enemy dinosaurs on the ground is not fun. They make you stuck all the time, have ridiculous DPS. Why else do people use flyers all the time? Because Dino AI and pathfinding is just pathetic. It is so annoying to see your dino trying to walk through rock all the time.

Also The Island is not a big map. You can increase the time needed to cross it, but won't change the small size of the map.

Teleporter? Solution to long travels on ARK? It's silly. Amount of effort and breeding to get the engram and them power teleporter up  is not worth it at all. Like entire Tek Tier.

Overall, people do not mind traveling by 20 minutes in Horizon Zero Dawn, because the game offers lots of content you can do while traveling, you can avoid or defeat enemies by your skill and you if you lost, that was your fault, not by unfair creature design like ARK (ie. ridiculous dps, making you stuck). 

3 hours ago, GP said:

No GP I'm not a Troll I'm a concerned paying customer! One that is in a very small bracket of actually going out and spending an additional £250 pounds so him and his friends can have a private server on PS4! If you did your homework first and looked up the Arktivist server I referenced on PS4 you would see it there, still not convinced then maybe you could look up the Username Reefarolla on PS4 and request an invite so I can prove it to you! Did you do that.......no! 

Instead you thought you had been very clever leading me into a position where you could dismiss 90% of my comments and just call me a troll, pouring petrol on a situation and frustrating me further! Good debate, excellent moderation skills! I hope on Friday you can punch into Google "Console Flyer Nerf causes outrage" and see what I was talking about for all its glory! Like I said console players are different to PC and they have no MODS and they are not loyal to begin with.

After looking at the forums since PC nerf the tone of this community has totally changed, I think some of you are still perhaps riding the crescent of the wave of success you have enjoyed across all platforms recently! This unfortunately seems to have made WC complacent which has empowered its moderators to become one sided and arrogant towards customers. What happened with "we understand if you need to vent"!? It was BS that's what happened!

It's not the nerf that's going to kill this game, its self indulgent, narcissistic, arrogant, sycophantic parasites like you GP! Your a moderator its your job to moderate not give yourself a hard on by being a smart ass all the time. Go on prove me right with another smart ass comment that totally disregards anything I have just said! 

I've always thought it was weird how the moderators operate on this forum. The mods should be here to help. Not defend every single choice that is made regarding this game and talk down to others that disagree. I guess it trickles  down from the top though like any other company. The mods imo should stay out of these discussions for the most part. Instead you just see them defending the nerf  in a number of different threads. 

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Reefarolla said:

No GP I'm not a Troll I'm a concerned paying customer! One that is in a very small bracket of actually going out and spending an additional £250 pounds so him and his friends can have a private server on PS4! If you did your homework first and looked up the Arktivist server I referenced on PS4 you would see it there, still not convinced then maybe you could look up the Username Reefarolla on PS4 and request an invite so I can prove it to you! Did you do that.......no! 

Instead you thought you had been very clever leading me into a position where you could dismiss 90% of my comments and just call me a troll, pouring petrol on a situation and frustrating me further! Good debate, excellent moderation skills! I hope on Friday you can punch into Google "Console Flyer Nerf causes outrage" and see what I was talking about for all its glory! Like I said console players are different to PC and they have no MODS and they are not loyal to begin with.

After looking at the forums since PC nerf the tone of this community has totally changed, I think some of you are still perhaps riding the crescent of the wave of success you have enjoyed across all platforms recently! This unfortunately seems to have made WC complacent which has empowered its moderators to become one sided and arrogant towards customers. What happened with "we understand if you need to vent"!? It was BS that's what happened!

It's not the nerf that's going to kill this game, its self indulgent, narcissistic, arrogant, sycophantic parasites like you GP! Your a moderator its your job to moderate not give yourself a hard on by being a smart ass all the time. Go on prove me right with another smart ass comment that totally disregards anything I have just said! 

All I asked you is where you look to see player stats for console, because I have no idea myself. I know where to look for Steam and I look there all the time. I was genuinely curious and asked you a simple harmless question. You told me to look on the internet. You call me all the names you like, but the truth is I asked you an innocent question and you trolled the answer.

All I wanted to know is where you find the console stats, if you don't want to share that information then fine, but it was simple innocent question.

18 minutes ago, GP said:

All I asked you is where you look to see player stats for console, because I have no idea myself. I know where to look for Steam and I look there all the time. I was genuinely curious and asked you a simple harmless question. You told me to look on the internet. You call me all the names you like, but the truth is I asked you an innocent question and you trolled the answer.

All I wanted to know is where you find the console stats, if you don't want to share that information then fine, but it was simple innocent question.

It isn't a simple innocent question you smart ass!! It's a leading question, your asking for specifics because you have already made the decision to call me a troll and dismiss any kind of decent content there might have been in my initial post!

My answer still stands, it's the same place I have been looking for every bit of information on this game for the last 4 months when I'm not playing. THE INTERNET!! That's not a bad answer it's just not a specific one because unlike steam there isn't a direct source. Like anything if you look hard enough you will find it on the internet! Does that make me a troll? NO! Does that give you reason to think I'm a Troll? NO!! What it did is make you presume you could just call me a troll and end my complaint there to be as evasive as possible to end the discussion and thus smother my unwanted negativity!! Your response wasn't evasive though it was corrosive, and if you continue to use the same tact your going to damage your own and wildcards reputation!

1 minute ago, Reefarolla said:

It isn't a simple innocent question you smart ass!! It's a leading question, your asking for specifics because you have already made the decision to call me a troll and dismiss any kind of decent content there might have been in my initial post!

My answer still stands, it's the same place I have been looking for every bit of information on this game for the last 4 months when I'm not playing. THE INTERNET!! That's not a bad answer it's just not a specific one because unlike steam there isn't a direct source. Like anything if you look hard enough you will find it on the internet! Does that make me a troll? NO! Does that give you reason to think I'm a Troll? NO!! What it did is make you presume you could just call me a troll and end my complaint there to be as evasive as possible to end the discussion and thus smother my unwanted negativity!! Your response wasn't evasive though it was corrosive, and if you continue to use the same tact your going to damage your own and wildcards reputation!

... and yet you still haven't given a single example of any of these places on "THE INTERNET" that you've used, for the last 4 months, to show any info relating to player stats.

He didn't call you a troll before he asked the initial question either, until you provided the 'smart ass' answer. Also, he won't damage WC's reputation because he's just some guy on the Internet who's a forum moderator, not on their payroll.

Lately everywhere I look on this forum I see people looking to be offended, not understanding stuff or generally just being dull :(

Do you even read the entire message!? I said there is no direct source in my last message! Again someone trying to be clever and blindly defend something without even reading.....re reading ......and then processing the entire message! There has been lots of coverage regarding the resounding success of this game all over the internet for the last four months and guess what!! They posted the figures to prove it!! Now like any reasonable human being I am perfectly entitled to assume that if this game has upset the console community like I think it has based on the fact I own a server and my server is dead this weekend!! Then it is perfectly reasonable for anyone with even the slightest bit of intelligence to assume that this week if there is a negative impact it will be covered.....en mass!! You know like that other game NO MANS SKY!! I'm pretty sure it was all over the internet regarding the massive drop off in logons for that game too, I'm also pretty sure figures also thrown around embarrassingly for the developer!

1 hour ago, Rickyh24 said:

I've always thought it was weird how the moderators operate on this forum. The mods should be here to help. Not defend every single choice that is made regarding this game and talk down to others that disagree. I guess it trickles  down from the top though like any other company. The mods imo should stay out of these discussions for the most part. Instead you just see them defending the nerf  in a number of different threads. 

Ricky, the moderators here are players that volunteer their time to weed out trolls, eliminate spam bot posts, keep the language under control to make for an all inclusive environment, and answer questions whenever possible... especially if someone is unintentionally (or intentionally) spreading incorrect information or assumptions.  As players of the game themselves they are fully entitled to give their own opinion on any given subject, especially if it can lend some insight to others.

You won't find moderators removing posts because of a simple disagreement, although they would if it led to personal attacks or violated the forum rules... or if the post clearly had no other intention than to stir up hate or provoke the community (trolling). 

Moderators aren't going to stifle reasonable conversations if they are controversial, even emotional... but they are not required to remain silent about their opinion, especially when incorrect information or assumptions are made, and they certainly aren't required to be anyone's personal punching bag.  They also ensure that YOU don't end up being someone's personal punching bag as well.

9 minutes ago, Reefarolla said:

Do you even read the entire message!? I said there is no direct source in my last message! Again someone trying to be clever and blindly defend something without even reading.....re reading ......and then processing the entire message! There has been lots of coverage regarding the resounding success of this game all over the internet for the last four months and guess what!! They posted the figures to prove it!! Now like any reasonable human being I am perfectly entitled to assume that if this game has upset the console community like I think it has based on the fact I own a server and my server is dead this weekend!! Then it is perfectly reasonable for anyone with even the slightest bit of intelligence to assume that this week if there is a negative impact it will be covered.....en mass!! You know like that other game NO MANS SKY!! I'm pretty sure it was all over the internet regarding the massive drop off in logons for that game too, I'm also pretty sure figures also thrown around embarrassingly for the developer!

Yes, I read it. It seems clear that you either don't understand what he asked for or don't understand the comparison with the Steam figures. Steam figures are viewable - all GP was asking for was the place to see a similar thing for consoles, which it seems from your statement above doesn't actually exist because... the coverage hasn't been written yet. Seems rather simple to me, albeit possibly a misunderstanding.

I'm a console player and I'm not upset. I run a dedicated server and nobody on my server has quit in infantile rage because something changed - so does that make us equal and nullify the views of the two camps? It is, agreed, perfectly reasonable to assume that there'll be similarly unhappy people, yes - just the same as it was on PC and therefore it's just as easy to assume those player counts will return to normal - which GP was pointing to, with his reference to the actual, viewable Steam figures.

I don't care about comparison's to No Man's Sky and to be honest any "reasonable human being" should be equally dismissive for one key reason - that game was shipped as final, retail, completed - done. People were lied to. ARK is absolutely not at that stage and cannot be compared against.

Archived