Constructive Criticism of Flyer patch Xbox1

Kaoslion

So I was really worried about this patch because of the obvious. But here is what I think after flying the tames last night.

Ptera - This has really turned into a low level early tame for tribes. I have a 303 names Acid Swoop that when I re-spec was barely able to get the stamina up to 1500. Also stamina burn to movement speed feels off. 

The fix- I honestly feel that the movement speed should be 150 and maybe a boost to their weight ever so slightly. 

Tapajara - I have absolutely no issues with, but that is also because mine are 250+ and re-speced They feel like two seater versions of what Ptera's with decent weight were pre-nerf

Argie - This one feels like what W.C. wants to be our bread and butter mount. only complaint for this is I feel the movement speed is low. The stamina can be boosted in a high level argie well over 2k still.

The Fix - Movement speed upped to 135, everything else I'd leave alone. (nice new sounds though)

Quetz - This one I was like OMG after jumping on it. Even though I hate it and it sucks compared to how it was I would only change one thing. 

The Fix - The quetz should be kept how it is(pains me to say) except for allowing it to have hover (no stamina drain) and stamina regain even if its at a super reduced rate of regen. 

Wyvern - Haven't tested yet, I didn't make it to my second base yesterday after patch to test out. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What people don't realize is that WC nerfed all tamed/bred flyers by removing even the hidden movement speed stat gained as a wild and not redistributing those points.  A fresh hatch/tame now won't put any points into move speed, thereby allowing for much higher stam/health/melee etc on fresh tames/breeds.  All existing birds are inherently weaker than new tames/breeds. Gg.

33 minutes ago, Yologaming said:

Btw, I abandoned my player dedi server on scorched and stick to the center now cause Wyverns are slow, no good for killing or anything. Waste of time raising all the Wyverns I wanted. Hope they decide to implement a flier Nerf disable for Player Dedicated Arks

from what ive seen wyverns are still by far the fastest flier in the game and only lose stam drastically when using the breath attack.

52 minutes ago, Kaoslion said:

So I was really worried about this patch because of the obvious. But here is what I think after flying the tames last night.

Ptera - This has really turned into a low level early tame for tribes. I have a 303 names Acid Swoop that when I re-spec was barely able to get the stamina up to 1500. Also stamina burn to movement speed feels off. 

The fix- I honestly feel that the movement speed should be 150 and maybe a boost to their weight ever so slightly. 

Tapajara - I have absolutely no issues with, but that is also because mine are 250+ and re-speced They feel like two seater versions of what Ptera's with decent weight were pre-nerf

Argie - This one feels like what W.C. wants to be our bread and butter mount. only complaint for this is I feel the movement speed is low. The stamina can be boosted in a high level argie well over 2k still.

The Fix - Movement speed upped to 135, everything else I'd leave alone. (nice new sounds though)

Quetz - This one I was like OMG after jumping on it. Even though I hate it and it sucks compared to how it was I would only change one thing. 

The Fix - The quetz should be kept how it is(pains me to say) except for allowing it to have hover (no stamina drain) and stamina regain even if its at a super reduced rate of regen. 

Wyvern - Haven't tested yet, I didn't make it to my second base yesterday after patch to test out. 

really good post containing some good feedback.

i would be fine with them raising the speed on the pter and argy to the numbers you said, it wouldnt be a MUST for me but i wouldnt mind. 

i wouldnt raise the weight on the ptera tho, its not meant to carry alot. 

i wouldnt mind the quetzal FIX you propose either but i dont see landing them once every blue moon a big problem, i can fly across the entire center without landing atm and my quetz is far from fully specced. 

9 minutes ago, Brayn said:

What people don't realize is that WC nerfed all tamed/bred flyers by removing even the hidden movement speed stat gained as a wild and not redistributing those points.  A fresh hatch/tame now won't put any points into move speed, thereby allowing for much higher stam/health/melee etc on fresh tames/breeds.  All existing birds are inherently weaker than new tames/breeds. Gg.

your birds arent weaker then they were before stat wise. you now have the opportunity to make them even stronger! isnt that what you breeders are all about?

48 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

really good post containing some good feedback.

i would be fine with them raising the speed on the pter and argy to the numbers you said, it wouldnt be a MUST for me but i wouldnt mind. 

i wouldnt raise the weight on the ptera tho, its not meant to carry alot. 

i wouldnt mind the quetzal FIX you propose either but i dont see landing them once every blue moon a big problem, i can fly across the entire center without landing atm and my quetz is far from fully specced. 

My re-spec 303 ptera has weight of 250 and stamina of 1600. I just think such a high ptera should be a bit more rounded then that.

The quetz in the wild should also hit the ground from time to time as well in my opinion. It would not be popular but I'd take weight reduction with the ability to hover. I think the base speed is fine as in I don't like it but its where it should be. 

Also :) they reactivated auto death/demolish for tribes that quit. 

2 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

my ptera is around 260 now with 900 stam, it flies far enough for me, i can spec all the remaining points into stam and get it to 350 if i want. you can do the same to get a bird that flies less far but with better weight if you would wish to do so. :) its all up to preference now.

yah, its not game breaking at all. Tapajara will be my new quick flyer. plus it flys backwards lol

1 hour ago, BobRoss said:

from what ive seen wyverns are still by far the fastest flier in the game and only lose stam drastically when using the breath attack.

This is my observation as well - actually the wyvern currently the best bird for scouting and travelling, due its speed and stamina, and can be used for some hunting as well (but strictly fighting on the ground, the breath attack is now just a cosmetic thing due the stamina drain)

So for me, the Wyvern is the new Ptera. Costly as hell tough, :) not sure if it is worth the hassle of raising it for this purpose - but I am lucky to have got these prenerf. 

Pteradon should be a bit faster but lose pick ability. Maybe 180% speed

Argy needs a big speed boost. Probably around 200%.

Quetzal needs a 25% speed boost.

Wyvern needs a 15 or so % speed boost. Wyvern were too fast to land, now they are slow as hell. They also need more base stamina. Wild wyvern are too fast too.

Tapejera could use a bit more stamina and weight and maybe speed to be same or slightly slower or faster than argy at 200%

Pelagornis and moth.... yea...

5 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

This is my observation as well - actually the wyvern currently the best bird for scouting and travelling, due its speed and stamina, and can be used for some hunting as well (but strictly fighting on the ground, the breath attack is now just a cosmetic thing due the stamina drain)

So for me, the Wyvern is the new Ptera. Costly as hell tough, :) not sure if it is worth the hassle of raising it for this purpose - but I am lucky to have got these prenerf. 

seeing as they are a completely different tier than the ptera i feel they should be better in every aspect. it would be weird if the ptera was stronger than the wyvern is most aspects (like it was pre nerf). i think the breath attack needs some thinking tho. maybe as ive said before a specific bar dedicated to the attack that recharges in 10 seconds. this way it would no longer drain stamina but would be solely cool down related

1 hour ago, szabiferi said:

I'm wondering, since post nerf tamed birds don't have wasted points in speed,  if the new wyvern will also have better stats all around.. (I think primitive wyvern need a buff tho,  this would be the second BIG nerf to them).

3 hours ago, BobRoss said:

your birds arent weaker then they were before stat wise. you now have the opportunity to make them even stronger! isnt that what you breeders are all about?

But you can't. Not really. Those points aren't refunded and if your dino is already close to max level your out of luck and have a nice paperweight.

3 hours ago, MadTurninator said:

speed is fine yeah its a huge nerf but its easy to live with the major problem is the stamina . face it now when you tame a bird most points will go in stam and thats about it 

All points actually for my actual mount. Then I'll have a second as a wagon with all points in weight to follow and carry my load.

2 hours ago, Specter229 said:

But you can't. Not really. Those points aren't refunded and if your dino is already close to max level your out of luck and have a nice paperweight.

you can tame another 150 with better allocated stats then the ones you have so you can make your dinos stronger by breeding another wild dino into the bloodline

Its funny I went into this patch worried about all the stat nerfs and stuff, but its actually the new UI and new consistent choppiness in game play thats messing with my experience in a negative way. 

I like the buff's and understand the nerf's. Only true downside to the nerf is the extended flight times that will slow harvesting but Im down to try out new ways of getting mats. I dont have the sense that my fliers are useless now, all the speed levels just flipped into stamina so I can still fly great lengths but not as fast. 

I play on PS4 and was really looking forward to the flyer nerf...but wild wyverns are broken. I don't know if they misplaced a decimal point but they are WAYY too fast, probably close to if you had a tamed one at 200+ move speed, and wyverns definitely need a buff in speed and stamina. I was prepared for the nerf, so I was putting a lot into stamina, but it's still quite ridiculous that an end-game flyer is that bad. 

I feel like you should be able to increase speed up to a certain extent via imprinting or breeding, but a wyvern you've raised for 4 days should not be WORSE than wild wyverns.

Archived