Constructive Criticism of Flyer patch Xbox1

Kaoslion

18 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

I think you have had the best idea out of all of these people. I would even put my name in support of these changes and I am big pro nerf. Good job dude. I can't argue with any of what you said. If the devs come on the forum asking for ideas again I will definitely say do @Kaoslions idea.

Same here, totally agree with @Kaoslion but Re: the Quetz, weren't people complaining it was OP as it could stay in the air 24/7?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Orion said:

That's not the point here, BobRoss.

Entire bloodlines were quite literally trashed and thrown away with this update due to some kind of numerical error on Wild Card's side.

My Tribe and I on 808 have breeding for months and months, namely our mutated Pteras - all of which's bloodlines are now trash due to every single bird losing between 27-40 levels. That's not a joke. Just before the update dropped, I was raising twin baby red/white Pteranodons that hatched at Lv.278. After the update, those Juvenille Twins were Lv.242. How do 36 levels just manage to "dissapear."

Same for everyone else. Every 150 bird bloodline has been ruined by this update.

they dissapeared because the hatchlings had points allocated into speed for their 'wild' stats (just after hatching) so in fact these birds had between 27-40 levels into speed at lvl 278. these levels were also removed with the flier update. so you didnt lose any stats, you just lost invisible levels. your birds are equally strong. nothing changed

17 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

they dissapeared because the hatchlings had points allocated into speed for their 'wild' stats (just after hatching) so in fact these birds had between 27-40 levels into speed at lvl 278. these levels were also removed with the flier update. so you didnt lose any stats, you just lost invisible levels. your birds are equally strong. nothing changed

They are not equally strong because of the fix for wasted wild points on Birds due to the movement speed lock.
I don't know how you're incapable of wrapping your mind around this...

If I tame a 150 Pteranodon (224) post-patch, it will come out with largely better stats than a 150 (224) Pteranodon that was tamed pre-patch, which is now 197.
Entire bloodlines were practically erased due to points not being properly allocated.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

They are not equally strong because of the fix for wasted wild points on Birds due to the movement speed lock.
I don't know how you're incapable of wrapping your mind around this...

If I tame a 150 Pteranodon (224) post-patch, it will come out with largely better stats than a 150 (224) Pteranodon that was tamed pre-patch, which is now 197.
Entire bloodlines were practically erased due to points not being properly allocated.

so what do you want exactly? for them to add stats to your birds they didnt have before the patch? to randomly distribute the points that were taken away even tho they were invisible?

Just now, BobRoss said:

so what do you want exactly? for them to add stats to your birds they didnt have before the patch? to randomly distribute the points that were taken away even tho they were invisible?

Yes.
That's exactly it. Since they decided to just "delete" the invisible points instead of redistributing them, pre-patch Birds were rendered significantly weaker than post-patch Birds due to this negligent change on Wild Card's part. As I said, months and months of work on Bloodlines were lost due to this change - and yes, I understand the visible stats remain unchanged, but - that doesn't change the fact that if I were to tame a 150 Pteranodon post-patch, it would come out with better stats in almost every area than the one pre-patch due to the fact that the normally ~20-35 "invisible" points being spent in "visible" stats.

That means a fresh Pteranodon has a 20-35 (or more or less) point/level advantage over a pre-patch Pteranodon. This requires you establish entirely new Bloodlines from two or more post-patch parents due to the significant stat loss.

1 minute ago, Orion said:

Yes.
That's exactly it. Since they decided to just "delete" the invisible points instead of redistributing them, pre-patch Birds were rendered significantly weaker than post-patch Birds due to this negligent change on Wild Card's part. As I said, months and months of work on Bloodlines were lost due to this change - and yes, I understand the visible stats remain unchanged, but - that doesn't change the fact that if I were to tame a 150 Pteranodon post-patch, it would come out with better stats in almost every area than the one pre-patch due to the fact that the normally ~20-35 "invisible" points being spent in "visible" stats.

That means a fresh Pteranodon has a 20-35 (or more or less) point/level advantage over a pre-patch Pteranodon. This requires you establish entirely new Bloodlines from two or more post-patch parents due to the significant stat loss.

i see your frustration. and im inclined to agree with it. thats alot of work 'wasted' if you want to call it that. you can still breed new creatures in the bloodlines if you'd want to or just start up new lines but thats alot of work i can imagine.

it could be worth raising this to the devs attention as a suggestion (i dont know if this has already been done). you never know.

1 hour ago, CaveNoob said:

Same here, totally agree with @Kaoslion but Re: the Quetz, weren't people complaining it was OP as it could stay in the air 24/7?

I can see how some people thought that but what really made it OP was turning it into a box quetz and having turrets on it. Those poor things just looked dumb carrying all that stuff and being surrounded by metal. Smh 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2017 at 2:26 PM, BobRoss said:
On 5/5/2017 at 2:26 PM, BobRoss said:

but you didnt lose stats. you now have the option to hatch even stronger wyverns than you already have. levels dont represent anything

Yes you can Hatch new Wyverns. If you have 4 days to spare. But what about all the pre nerf wyverns? All those wasted hours? At this point I'm used to the nerf it's meh now. I just wish they'd put a little more time in to rebalance the stamina. 

On 5/17/2017 at 7:14 AM, BobRoss said:

not wasted hours, you had fun with them and you knew this was up for change. a kid would have seen this nerf coming seeing how utterly broken they were.

if you dont want to lose hours/days/weeks worth of progress, dont play EA

Yeah see that's the thing. I saw it coming I watched the vids but no one said anything about vanishing levels in those vids did they? No devs came out and said "btw just so you know all the phantom levels in speed at hatch or at tame ... yeah those are gone. You don't get to allocate those." So do me a favor and take your condescending comments and direct them at someone else. Your fanboy glasses are fogging your perception. Oh look at that condescension... annoying isn't It? The title of this post is constructive criticism. Well I'm criticising the loss of points and the uselessness of pre patch Wyverns, I've also stated in other posts that at this point it doesn't matter they aren't going to increase the speed it is what it is and that's fine but they need to learn to communicate the full scope of a nerf like that. It should of been in the notes that phantom levels would not be refunded. Instead we were led to believe our speed points would be refunded. Miscommunication ... It happens. Now if they could pay attention and maybe give us a bit better stamina allocation/drain I'd be done criticising them at all.

5 hours ago, Specter229 said:

Yeah see that's the thing. I saw it coming I watched the vids but no one said anything about vanishing levels in those vids did they? No devs came out and said "btw just so you know all the phantom levels in speed at hatch or at tame ... yeah those are gone. You don't get to allocate those." So do me a favor and take your condescending comments and direct them at someone else. Your fanboy glasses are fogging your perception. Oh look at that condescension... annoying isn't It? The title of this post is constructive criticism. Well I'm criticising the loss of points and the uselessness of pre patch Wyverns, I've also stated in other posts that at this point it doesn't matter they aren't going to increase the speed it is what it is and that's fine but they need to learn to communicate the full scope of a nerf like that. It should of been in the notes that phantom levels would not be refunded. Instead we were led to believe our speed points would be refunded. Miscommunication ... It happens. Now if they could pay attention and maybe give us a bit better stamina allocation/drain I'd be done criticising them at all.

not annoying in the slightest, i dont let internet comments hurt my feelings :)

anyway you lost NO points at all, you cannot lose something you never had in the first place. what you lost were lvls behind the name of your tame that doesnt represent anything to begin with. what matters is stats, and you didnt 'lose' any stats at all. they nerfed existing stats.

and what are you talking about not receiving points back from speed. you got the exact ammount of stats back that influenced your speed stat pre nerf. ofcourse you wont get stats back that didnt matter pre nerf in the first place. :) 

and i think you mean uselessness of POST patch wyverns and not PRE because PRE patch wyverns were pretty OP. i do agree that their breath attack stamina consumption should be looked at and have suggested several solutions, we will have to see what they will do with it over time.

Since it is a constructive criticism i would like to make a suggestion for wyverns on standard primitive. I would like to see the previous nerf removed and to balance it add extra damage vs wyverns to ranged weapons like ballista/crossbow. 70% dam reduction and increased damage taken means i get my butt kicked on a 201 wyvern by a lvl 15 wyvern.

Archived