Wildcard Buries Head In Sand !!!!!!!

AngryGamer666

Im getting very bored of the fact that Wildcard are blatantly ignoring players on PVE servers issues with Golum kiting. There are numerous posts on this issue yet still they are ignored by Wildcard and that includes probably hundreds of raised tickets on it. I am seeing more and more of players builds destroyed or falling down after players from other servers and our own decide they want either your land space or your hard worked for loot.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PVP SERVERS HERE WILDCARD BUT YOUR SUPPOSEDLY PVE SERVERS. EITHER SORT THE ISSUE OR GIVE US SOME IDEA WHAT YOUR DOING ABOUT IT BECAUSE AS IT STANDS YOUR LOOKING INCOMPETENT AND UNABLE TO RUN YOUR SERVERS.

I built on a mountain to avoid the problem and now you have nerfed my flyers, thanks wildcard for not fixing a problem and adding another. 

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AngryGamer666 said:

Im getting very bored of the fact that Wildcard are blatantly ignoring players on PVE servers issues with Golum kiting. There are numerous posts on this issue yet still they are ignored by Wildcard and that includes probably hundreds of raised tickets on it. I am seeing more and more of players builds destroyed or falling down after players from other servers and our own decide they want either your land space or your hard worked for loot.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PVP SERVERS HERE WILDCARD BUT YOUR SUPPOSEDLY PVE SERVERS. EITHER SORT THE ISSUE OR GIVE US SOME IDEA WHAT YOUR DOING ABOUT IT BECAUSE AS IT STANDS YOUR LOOKING INCOMPETENT AND UNABLE TO RUN YOUR SERVERS.

I built on a mountain to avoid the problem and now you have nerfed my flyers, thanks wildcard for not fixing a problem and adding another. 

or you can build a perimeter with metal

PvE: player vs environment.

Wild golem: environment, regardless of whether it was kited or not.

Any incompetence present in the stated situation would be a player's inability to defend against a part of the environment. I'm sure it sucks, but seriously PvE doesn't, and most certainly shouldn't, mean carefree and no danger.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Quirky said:

Any incompetence present in the stated situation would be a player's inability to defend against a part of the environment. I'm sure it sucks, but seriously PvE doesn't, and most certainly shouldn't, mean carefree and no danger.

If a Wild dino randomly crosses a players base and agros, that is Player vs Environment.

If a player kites a wild dino to another players base then that is Player vs Player.

It's pretty simple really. Yes people should be prepared and ready for any instances where their base is at risk from wild dinos, but a player kiting a wild dino to someone's base is certainly more PvP than PvE.

Just now, Quirky said:

My build is protected, Golems don't attack builds unless provoked either by Dinos or players. So my dinos on passive Golum ignores them but if a players choses to aggro said Golum for the purpose of using it to destroy my build this then becomes PVP. Please read posts before replying, im not a noob i know how to protect my build from environment this issue is not environment but thieving players using a known issue on PVE to break your bases and either steal your goods or your land. Kiting by a player is PVP.

27 minutes ago, AngryGamer666 said:

My build is protected, Golems don't attack builds unless provoked either by Dinos or players. So my dinos on passive Golum ignores them but if a players choses to aggro said Golum for the purpose of using it to destroy my build this then becomes PVP. Please read posts before replying, im not a noob i know how to protect my build from environment this issue is not environment but thieving players using a known issue on PVE to break your bases and either steal your goods or your land. Kiting by a player is PVP.

if you use metal a golem cannot destroy your structures to get to your tames or items. 

31 minutes ago, GP said:

If a Wild dino randomly crosses a players base and agros, that is Player vs Environment.

If a player kites a wild dino to another players base then that is Player vs Player.

It's pretty simple really. Yes people should be prepared and ready for any instances where their base is at risk from wild dinos, but a player kiting a wild dino to someone's base is certainly more PvP than PvE.

i dont agree with you here, i still believe that as long as a wild dino is killing your stuff its still the environment, what if someone accidently lured it there or by any chance a wild dino led it there. if your base cannot withstand anything the environment can throw at you then its in need for improving.

just my opinion tho :) i know its not a popular one

1 hour ago, AngryGamer666 said:

Man, you got an immediate response from a big-guy at WC... what is your secret? :)  Maybe the lots of ! marks? :)

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, BobRoss said:

i dont agree with you here, i still believe that as long as a wild dino is killing your stuff its still the environment, what if someone accidently lured it there or by any chance a wild dino led it there. if your base cannot withstand anything the environment can throw at you then its in need for improving.

just my opinion tho :) i know its not a popular one

If a wild dino led another wild dino to your base that is still the Environment vs the Player because there is no player involvement.

If a Player accidentally lures a wild dino to your base, by not knowing your base was there, then yeah accidents happen, that can't be helped.

But when a player is intentionally luring a wild dino to another players base in order to demo the base and kill the tames, then that is player vs player because the incident is initiated by a player not the environment, and therefore the player has the intention to commit player vs player activity. The player is just using the environment to carry out PvP actions.

11 minutes ago, GP said:

If a wild dino led another wild dino to your base that is still the Environment vs the Player because there is no player involvement.

If a Player accidentally lures a wild dino to your base, by not knowing your base was there, then yeah accidents happen, that can't be helped.

But when a player is intentionally luring a wild dino to another players base in order to demo the base and kill the tames, then that is player vs player because the incident is initiated by a player not the environment, and therefore the player has the intention to commit player vs player activity. The player is just using the environment to carry out PvP actions.

agree to disagree, as long as its not a player owned creature or player itself that kills the base its still destruction caused by a wild creature and a mechanic used by wild creatures therefor in my eyes the environment. there is nothing a player can do that a wild dino couldnt do by itself. 

13 minutes ago, GP said:

Amen to that :)

5 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

agree to disagree, as long as its not a player owned creature or player itself that kills the base its still destruction caused by a wild creature and a mechanic used by wild creatures therefor in my eyes the environment. there is nothing a player can do that a wild dino couldnt do by itself. 

jeah thats the kind of "reasoning" id expect from someone i just reported for griefing, funnily enough also the same "explanation" i got from a 8 yr old once while i was working summers at a daycare, he threw sand in some other girls eyes and his explanation was, "what im playing with sand like you guys told me", cmon guys at least apply some form of categorical imperative...

2 minutes ago, rawsh said:

jeah thats the kind of "reasoning" id expect from someone i just reported for griefing, funnily enough also the same "explanation" i got from a 8 yr old once while i was working summers at a daycare, he threw sand in some other girls eyes and his explanation was, "what im playing with sand like you guys told me", cmon guys at least apply some form of categorical imperative...

report me all you like, i can still have my opinion on the matter. 

7 minutes ago, rawsh said:

wait what?, did you just suggest you ARE griefing other players using rockgolems?.... .... no words, 

no i am not, i havent played Scorched in over 4 months. ive never resorted to griefing in any way or shape to troll or get my point across. 

my opinion is this: as long as its a mechanic or creature controlled by an AI that does the destruction and not a player or player controlled creature its PVE. wether or not a player is guiding that AI is irrelevant to me because that same AI could do the destruction without the player aswel.

my advice to players experiencing these kinds of situations is make sure NOTHING on the PVE table (that includes golems wyverns gigas and titans) can kill your base/dinos. make sure you leave no dinos outside and if you HAVE TO make sure nothing can hit those dinos or aggro onto these dinos. make sure your base or atleast the perimeter wall is made out of metal.

Sorry all these people saying that because its a "wild creature" that actually done the killing/base destroying and not the player that its enviroment, even though it has been kited there by a PLAYER are WRONG! Take this for example imagine if you was able to pick up wild creatures in pve, would a player dropping wild creatures into a base to do the killing for them also count as pve- definetley NOT kiting is exactly the same the player has had an influence on the game that has resulted in an outcome that would not have happend otherwise.

1 minute ago, BobRoss said:

no i am not, i havent played Scorched in over 4 months. ive never resorted to griefing in any way or shape to troll or get my point across. 

my opinion is this: as long as its a mechanic or creature controlled by an AI that does the destruction and not a player or player controlled creature its PVE. wether or not a player is guiding that AI is irrelevant to me because that same AI could do the destruction without the player aswel.

my advice to players experiencing these kinds of situations is make sure NOTHING on the PVE table (that includes golems wyverns gigas and titans) can kill your base/dinos. make sure you leave no dinos outside and if you HAVE TO make sure nothing can hit those dinos or aggro onto these dinos. make sure your base or atleast the perimeter wall is made out of metal.

jeah and if there wasnt ways to STILL get the golem, over your gates,  under parts of your base where it can glitch up, close enough to aggro on a tailtip thats peeking through a wallm then leave the render distance and BOOM the golem STILL is in the base, ive seen so much griefing in playtime, using gigas, titans, argents, alphas, but no other creature in ark seems to be as easy to grief with as the golem, in combination with the fact that they dont move much on their own(ie would NEVER reach a base without considerable guidance), to state that "its part of pve" is just insulting,

5 minutes ago, rawsh said:

jeah and if there wasnt ways to STILL get the golem, over your gates,  under parts of your base where it can glitch up, close enough to aggro on a tailtip thats peeking through a wallm then leave the render distance and BOOM the golem STILL is in the base, ive seen so much griefing in playtime, using gigas, titans, argents, alphas, but no other creature in ark seems to be as easy to grief with as the golem, in combination with the fact that they dont move much on their own(ie would NEVER reach a base without considerable guidance), to state that "its part of pve" is just insulting,

thats your opinion and i respect that, it doesnt mean i agree with it. lets end the discussion here, you wony change my mind and i wont change yours :) ive said my opinion on the matter.

Just now, BobRoss said:

i cannot speak for that mode because i havent played it, so coming up with strategies countering it would be impossible for me. 

Fair enough.  I DO hope they can fix this as I had to give up a really nice base on SE because some player I never even spoke to kept kiting several golems at a time and finally succeeded in destroying my base. I had double walls, spikes, behemoth gates and half a dozen gigas guarding it but some jerk player directing golems will tear through every time.  Yeah, the gigas took out a few of the golems but there were multiple attacks and our tribe could not be on 24/7 and the attacks we witnessed were still a nightmare to defend.  The reason I chose PvE was to not have to deal with this stuff yet I have to deal with PvP bullies that like to play where the game is designed to not hit them back.  Typical bully behaviour. 

10 minutes ago, chrissytheblesser said:

Fair enough.  I DO hope they can fix this as I had to give up a really nice base on SE because some player I never even spoke to kept kiting several golems at a time and finally succeeded in destroying my base. I had double walls, spikes, behemoth gates and half a dozen gigas guarding it but some jerk player directing golems will tear through every time.  Yeah, the gigas took out a few of the golems but there were multiple attacks and our tribe could not be on 24/7 and the attacks we witnessed were still a nightmare to defend.  The reason I chose PvE was to not have to deal with this stuff yet I have to deal with PvP bullies that like to play where the game is designed to not hit them back.  Typical bully behaviour. 

that sucks, for now i believe the only thing you can do is move to a safe place high up where golems cant go and wait for the dev of prim to implement some countermeasure to this.

• GP locked this topic

Archived