Wildcard Buries Head In Sand !!!!!!!

AngryGamer666

2 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Maybe you should look back at what I have posted instead of making out my posts were 'snide remarks'... After all, I was in this thread WELL before you even started spamming the crud out of it.

Seriously, this thread, had turned septic before it even hit the 5th page, and yet it was answered in the first reply.

have you made any constructive messages lately? nope, just snide remarks... kudos, you was here first, still haven't provided anything worthwhile.

You say it was answered in the first reply, yet ignore the fact it hasn't been fixed in over a year, and still hasn't.  If it was so simple it would have been done by now, not banned for exploiting, then ignored and allowed..

Yeah I spammed the crud out of it, I also disproved alot of peoples understanding of the PvE mechanics they play so regularly... weird that. I learnt more about a game mode I don't play, people learnt more about a game mode they do play, win/win.. what threads are for right?

Just because my opinions clash with yours doesn't make me a troll, especially when backed up with evidence and logic.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish
17 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

You call it troll central yet none of your posts have related to the subject or debate, just snide remarks, you'd fit right at home.

Don't misquote yourself... You said none of my posts... Obviously you simply skimmed over a major amount of this thread to get to the latest, ignoring everything that's been stated in the middle.

This'll be the last reply to you directly, as it's obvious you are only looking for a problem, hence why the thread has been spammed by you and cyber for the past 2-3 days.

15 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Don't misquote yourself... You said none of my posts... Obviously you simply skimmed over a major amount of this thread to get to the latest, ignoring everything that's been stated in the middle.

This'll be the last reply to you directly, as it's obvious you are only looking for a problem, hence why the thread has been spammed by you and cyber for the past 2-3 days.

so because our views don't align with yours its spamming and toxic, okay, keep looking at the world protected by blinkers.  As narrow minded a view as i've ever heard. Just makes me believe your'e the one who wishes to troll.

Is the forums not for fleshing out opinions and views? Many PvE players where of the belief that the mechanics that reside in their mode acted one way, I didn't agree and eventually proved my ideas to be correct on the most part, I was wrong in some but correct in others, does that not benefit both sides? I met a wall of defiance throughout but it was done in a civil manner, unlike your recent comments.

Surely if the thread was toxic it would have been shut down, yet here it stands, so please if you have nothing constructive to add, do one :)

This'll be the last reply to you directly

Please feel free to exercise that as you see fit, no loss to me buddy.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It's not as if you can seriously say that anything in the past 7 pages of the back-and-forth bickering has been 'constructive'... No need for the name dropping, "I ain't your buddy pal', as seriously, this thread served its purpose in the first few pages. The thread was answered in the first reply.

17 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

It's not as if you can seriously say that anything in the past 7 pages of the back-and-forth bickering has been 'constructive'... No need for the name dropping, "I ain't your buddy pal', as seriously, this thread served its purpose in the first few pages. The thread was answered in the first reply.

Did i not point out the flaws in peoples beliefs of the griefing mechanic within PvE? Constructive

Did I not point out the reasons for why it has seeped into PvP even tho it shouldn't have? Constructive

17 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

The thread was answered in the first reply.

Yet you fail to understand, it hasn't been fixed in over 12 months, it has always been brought to their attention of the problem but without actually being fixed, it was originally cause for being banned if exploited but not fixed, now its not only ignored, its ALLOWED.

Jat said they would look into it, but I can bet if you look back at past posts about the same problem, the same would have been said.  Appeasement. If it was fixable, it wouldn't be in the game. Which is the main reason for the vast majority of my posts to point that out... not constructive enough for ya?

The original few pages of this thread was mostly the collective fan girl hype that a dev posted in the thread and people agreeing it should be removed without thought on of any possible damage it would do to other game modes. Oh and the logical posts of "beef up ya defences!" to be ignored.

Let me also point out the irony here: you say it was answered in the first reply, yet you joined in the thread a page deep and had a debate for the best part of two pages... one rule for another one for you? okay snowflake.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
16 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Yet you fail to understand, it hasn't been fixed in over 12 months

This has been brought to the attention of devs who are actively discussing ways of fixing the rock splash damage... Or are you wanting to fail to understand that this was answered in the first page... Not they would, it was 'Have been discussing'... Big difference.

Again, drop the namecalling, 'buddy' 'snowflake'.

I joined in the thread on the second page, and added in various mentions that players actively kiting in dinos into others bases that they weren't able to destroy themselves was actually exploiting...

There's no debate about that unless you think that it's PERFECTLY OK to drag a dino into someones base THAT YOU CANNOT AFFECT, to simply trash it for you...

But seriously, the thread was answered in the first pages, you guys have been 'debating' semantecs for the past 2 days.

2 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

This has been brought to the attention of devs who are actively discussing ways of fixing the rock splash damage... Or are you wanting to fail to understand that this was answered in the first page... Not they would, it was Have been discussing... Big difference.

I joined in the thread on the second page, and added in various mentions that players actively kiting in dinos into others bases that they weren't able to destroy themselves waas actually exploiting...

There's no debate about that unless you think that it's PERFECTLY OK to drag a dino into someones base THAT YOU CANNOT AFFECT, to simply trash it for you...

But seriously, the thread was answered in the first pages, you guys have been 'debating' semantecs for the past 2 days.

Exactly, discussing ways to fix it, doesn't mean they can, especially without affecting the PvP mode in a noticeable way like the others I explained earlier... again constructive.

I never said it was okay or condoned kiting, I said it was allowed, therefore not an exploit. Ignorance against defence isn't a valid reason for wanting something changed.  After all for the most part of the complainers, except new people who sadly have to just "git gud" that's all it really is about right? not wanting to use the defences the devs originally gave them and expect it to be removed for them.  Surely thats a good enough reason to keep a thread going or would you not like people to point that out so you can continue to play "Ark - Building Simulator"? 

14 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

This has been brought to the attention of devs who are actively discussing ways of fixing the rock splash damage... Or are you wanting to fail to understand that this was answered in the first page... Not they would, it was Have been discussing... Big difference.

I joined in the thread on the second page, and added in various mentions that players actively kiting in dinos into others bases that they weren't able to destroy themselves waas actually exploiting...

But seriously, the thread was answered in the first pages, you guys have been debating semantecs for the past 2 days.

quick question, you think building in stone on a map thats littered with creatures that can damage stone is a good idea?

because what ive been saying is that a PVE player should do EVERYTHING he can to protect his base against anything on the map. is that wrong of me to expect that? 

and how would you solve this issue? 

disable golem damage to stone? => yeah, make PVE even more easy than it already is. thats what we need.

disable the rock throw? => instead of adding content we are removing content now? great.

disable damage to structures when offline (as is right now)?=> i never understood this in the first place, just because you're offline means youre safe? great concept for a SURVIVAL game. 

only disable damage to stone when another player is nearby (to allegiadly counter kiting?) => so Bob farming berries in render distance is an excuse for a wild golem to NOT damage your base (offline or online)? when will a player be considered kiting and not running from danger? when is it intentional? when is it an accident? 

Delete rock elementals from the map? => yeah, no, again, removing content instead of adding? we would end up with a desert void of life that way.

feel free to add other solutions, or expand upon mine with ideas you see as a fix for this problem.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
17 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Exactly, discussing ways to fix it, doesn't mean they can, especially without affecting the PvP mode in a noticeable way like the others I explained earlier... again constructive.

It's not constructive to be simply shooting down methods that haven't even been decided on fixing a player based issue, simply for the fear of losing your ever loved kiting mechanic... You don't even know how to fix it, you'd likely not be able to even know what could be done to fix it. Yet you're so hotly 'debating' a topic that's not even decided yet.

As for Bob Ross, I'm not even bothering with you... The whole situation has come from people kiting golems into bases to flatten them, knowing that in PvE they cannot damage anything on their own. You lost your worth of response by even trying to excuse the PvE kiting as wild dino behavior, when it was plain obvious that it's a player exploiting the mechanics to break things that they can't.

It's exploiting, Jat says he's discussing options, and the whole 22 pages after are indicative of the problems that forums face... Opinions... Every raptor has one.

*Drops mic* I'm out.

16 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

It's not constructive to be simply shooting down methods that haven't even been decided on fixing a player based issue, simply for the fear of losing your ever loved kiting mechanic... You don't even know how to fix it, you'd likely not be able to even know what could be done to fix it. Yet you're so hotly 'debating' a topic that's not even decided yet.

As for Bob Ross, I'm not even bothering with you... The whole situation has come from people kiting golems into bases to flatten them, knowing that in PvE they cannot damage anything on their own. You lost your worth of response by even trying to excuse the PvE kiting as wild dino behavior, when it was plain obvious that it's a player exploiting the mechanics to break things that they can't.

It's exploiting, Jat says he's discussing options, and the whole 22 pages after are indicative of the problems that forums face... Opinions... Every raptor has one.

*Drops mic* I'm out.

If it was an exploit, it would be against the rules of the game, for which it was removed, not fixed, removed.  Surely at the time somebody in the dev team decided it was a good idea to remove it from the bannable list, he/she/them, had the chance to fix the problem rather than ignore it, why didn't they? Because as i've stated countless times, to which you are still blissfully ignorant of, it can't be done without impacting noticeably upon the PvP mechanics of kiting which are valid.

Logic just doesn't seem to sink into you does it? 

12 months of complaints from people who have the means to defend against it themselves, and yet its still in the game, that speaks louder than anything you can counter against it.

Also when a PvE player slams a PvP player for not understanding their game of choice, then get proven otherwise, that's constructive as it benefits both sides, i knew nothing of PvE when I joined this thread, now it seems I know more than you do, irony.  However it isn't constructive to shoot down opposition opinions with arguments such as "because I said so" without any proof, ignorance is never a charm.

46 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

*Drops mic* I'm out.

nice move right there, you dodged every arguement i made, my conclusion is that you have absolutely no idea what the actual problem is and have no idea how to fix it. thanks for clarifying that for me :) 

34 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

nice move right there, you dodged every arguement i made, my conclusion is that you have absolutely no idea what the actual problem is and have no idea how to fix it. thanks for clarifying that for me :) 

I wouldn't waste my time on him bob. He does this sort of thing, and has done it before.

the Dino kiting is definitely a problem for pve. People have a lot of arguments and if it does happen accidentally then ok, but if it happens by another player for the purpose of wiping someone that is definitely pvp.

Seems like a simple fix, structures should be immune to golem damage unless your tribe has aggro on them, but to be fair a couple of metal walls aren't the end of the world either, so I guess I will never understand why people complain so much about a few rocks thrown at their bases when it takes at most an hour to prevent any damage.

18 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I wouldn't waste my time on him bob. He does this sort of thing, and has done it before.

the Dino kiting is definitely a problem for pve. People have a lot of arguments and if it does happen accidentally then ok, but if it happens by another player for the purpose of wiping someone that is definitely pvp.

i dont agree with that but thats ok, everyone has their opinion ^^ i was just interested in knowing how someone thats been posting for 21 pages would solve the problem. i gave some possible solutions and immediately explained why i wouldnt want these to happen. i asked him politely to give his opinion and how he would handle it, he completely disregarded anything i said. thats fine by me but that tells me enough :) 

2 minutes ago, Renard said:

Seems like a simple fix, structures should be immune to golem damage unless your tribe has aggro on them, but to be fair a couple of metal walls aren't the end of the world either, so I guess I will never understand why people complain so much about a few rocks thrown at their bases when it takes at most an hour to prevent any damage.

so the environment should only be challenging when you are provoking it? no more element of surprise or unforseen challenges? this way you can build out of thatch and just never provoke anything that can kill it and be done with it. not really a fix imo 

23 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

so the environment should only be challenging when you are provoking it? no more element of surprise or unforseen challenges? this way you can build out of thatch and just never provoke anything that can kill it and be done with it. not really a fix imo 

That's been my point from the start, yet I was constantly slammed for it.  I do agree however that kiting is a PvP action, but I agree that the element of surprise has been removed from the game which wasn't needed and just down to ignorance.

PvE is against the environment, two dinos fighting outside your base should cause carnage and despair for the base owner, not be something to watch and laugh at. Sadly that element of environmental nerfing has also seeped into PvP which is what I was concerned for if the golem throw was also made to do no damage. Seems logical right, yet all i'm met with is "it doesn't work like that, it can be fixed quickly", what like 12 months isn't quick enough? again no disrespect against the devs, love the game keep up the great work.

Ignorance to base defence should be punished, not cared for and bubble wrapped.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

34 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

i was just interested in knowing how someone thats been posting for 21 pages

Damn, have I posted in 21 pages on here? Those must be invisible posts then, as I'm not seeing it...

18 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Damn, have I posted in 21 pages on here? Those must be invisible posts then, as I'm not seeing it...

you said yourself youve joined on the second page, seeing as we are on page 23 now that makes about 21 pages, dont you think? 

again you answer none of my questions and only focus on the things that are utterly unimportant. are you intentionally derailing the thread?

26 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

That's been my point from the start, yet I was constantly slammed for it.  I do agree however that kiting is a PvP action, but I agree that the element of surprise has been removed from the game which wasn't needed and just down to ignorance.

PvE is against the environment, two dinos fighting outside your base should cause carnage and despair for the base owner, not be something to watch and laugh at. Sadly that element of environmental nerfing has also seeped into PvP which is what I was concerned for if the golem throw was also made to do no damage. Seems logical right, yet all i'm met with is "it doesn't work like that, it can be fixed quickly", what like 12 months isn't quick enough? again no disrespect against the devs, love the game keep up the great work.

Ignorance to base defence should be punished, not cared for and bubble wrapped.

i agree with alot of things here, ill leave out of it what i disagree with

im a pve only player now, my base isnt 100% risk free, it will be in the future but as it is now i can still lose things. i occasionally do. but thats on me for not using all stuff available to me. if i somehow end up with a giga in my base that kills alot of my stuff then i will improve my base to avoid this in the future. i wont come here crying about it. people seem to forget there are 2 whole building tiers available that completely block the golem form causing damage. one of them is hard to get i agree but the other is available at lvl 30-35. you're not gonna tell me its a 'high end investment' or something. its a low-mid lvl building tier that uses materials that are widely available to EVERYONE. 

its not the devs fault you want to make a base the size of a middle aged castle when  you dont even need it. if you stick to the size you will actually need and use, including a dino barn, building in metal is REALLY easy to do and doesnt take more than a week to accomplish. is that so much to ask? not in my opinion. 

there is a reason why it was taken out of the official rules. right now its a dirty but allowed mechanic to use/abuse. its NOT an exploit. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish

57 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

i was just interested in knowing how someone thats been posting for 21 pages would solve the problem.

2 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

you said yourself youve joined on the second page, seeing as we are on page 23 now that makes about 21 pages, dont you think? 

again you answer none of my questions and only focus on the things that are utterly unimportant. are you intentionally derailing the thread?

So have I been posting for those entire 21 pages? Or are you simply trying to provoke?

I already said earlier on how this problem is a bad thing. To have players kiting wild dinos into bases they can't break into, simply to destroy them, they are exploiting... For you to make excuses and make out that there's nothing wrong with it, is indicative of a larger problem.

Do you not mind exploiters? Do you not mind having people exploit the game to cause trouble to people?

It's not a PvE issue when the dino is agroed and kited by a player into someone elses base. It's exploiting the mechanics to do something you wouldn't otherwise be able to do.

• Volunteer Moderator

Lets stop the arguing right here. The topic has gone on long enough with people bickering with each other. Jat provided a response on the topic in the very first reply.

On 4/27/2017 at 10:33 AM, Jat said:

I was talking to TheRightHand about this issue to see if there's any technical workaround we can do to help prevent this from happening. It's certainly recognised that it's a problem and hopefully we can get it taken care of asap. 

I'm locking this thread now, please in future keep the bickering out.

• GP locked this topic

Archived