Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welshlad25

I Can't Bookmark Servers/Find My Character

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Its not a beta its a full game you bought before it was completely done knowing that it wasn't completely done do you even realize you own the FULL GAME right now? at almost half the cost that it will be when it releases to everyone in june/july?

so its an unfinished full game? If thats not beta I dont know what beta is...

1 hour ago, ItsZacca said:

I spent all of yesterday playing on EU Server 27 with a mate and I just got on and the server isn't there at all, I tried all the different combinations of filters to no avail, It would be nice if  haven't lost all my progress.

Server won't show in the list if it's full.

Keep refreshing until your server shows up, it will at some point, then you should be able to try and join from it on the list. **IF you hit refresh again or change the server type and the server is full, it will disappear from the list again***  If you get bored, take some time out and play single player, get used to the mechanics, etc...

Can be frustrating to wait but everyone is excited to play, I've seen worse connection issues with a Normal release game, these guys have done a great job for a game that is still in production.

26 minutes ago, DrKetchup said:

so its an unfinished full game? If thats not beta I dont know what beta is...

a beta is a test stretching anywhere from a few days to a few weeks released to a limited number of people in order to test and adjust certain aspects of a game such as bugs or glitches. Also sometimes known as a stress test a developer releases the beta to more people in order to test how the servers respond under the stress. Then the beta ends and you still need to purchase the game. This is a pre-release game brought special to you by xbox game previews in order to give us the same opportunity as PC users to play and enjoy the game before its full release. They charge less because they know it is not complete and refined or optimized and put out a warning so people who dont want to deal with issues such as these dont buy it, that is the difference between this and a beta sir.

I was playing on an official server called PVE-NA-XboxOfficialServer89, that is the exact name, no matter how many times i refresh it never comes up, at this point the only ones that are even in NA are all primitive-PVE-NA. So who hosts these servers? ive tried doing a search and i get no results. any help would be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Kraig87 said:

I was playing on an official server called PVE-NA-XboxOfficialServer89, that is the exact name, no matter how many times i refresh it never comes up, at this point the only ones that are even in NA are all primitive-PVE-NA. So who hosts these servers? ive tried doing a search and i get no results. any help would be appreciated.

There is currently an issue with finding servers. Especially when they are full. This should be remedied in the next update. Check the patch notes for most up to date information about bug fixes and release information.

Just now, lilpanda said:

There is currently an issue with finding servers. Especially when they are full. This should be remedied in the next update. Check the patch notes for most up to date information about bug fixes and release information.

Ah alright, thanks for the response. also if a server is full will it not show up on the list?  Do some servers close after a certain hour? i was playing at like 4am and still couldnt find any non Primitive NA servers

If a server is full you will not be able to connect. However, if the server is full you should be able to see it on the list after the next patch and attempt to connect in hopes that someone will have left the server. Servers don't go offline or limit players from connecting for any reason except to apply a patch in which case every server will go offline.

OK I don get it like if you put 100hrs in a game on a server with your tribe and it gets more popular which it will. Your supposed to just for get about your character and go on another server it seems not far. Especially pvp because you can't protect your long hard work so I have a solution when you guys start putting more servers up make like a sign up sheet and you'll get a password for an official server or something in those lines. Xbox isn't like Pc with servers we need something we can't play on and not worry about hitting refresh for hours to get in and then once you finally get in all your stuff is gone and your dead. That is going to get frustrating specially when their àre alot of trolls. Thank you I really hope a ARK dev sees this or people agree with me...

Finally got back into my server! Glad i found it but it shouldn't have taken that much effort. I agree with the folks above, great game but i do not expect to lose all my hard work, i paid for this game over time i expect to be able to save my character somehow to at least play him on other servers if i cant find mine. Luckily this seems like a good company that will ad something like that to help people feel more comfortable putting time and money into the game.

I understand your issues right now and everyone is doing their best to makes things go as smooth as possible. This system for servers is the same as it is on PC and it seems to work quite well. It's not realistic to lock in the original 70 people because players come and go which allows for a variety of players on one server. There are a lot of players trying to get in servers and due to the current bug where all servers aren't being displayed, it may be difficult to find your server. More servers are being added on a regular basis so this should also alleviate issues with servers being too full.

4 minutes ago, Numba53 said:

Thanks for the response. Has the bug been found?/will it be hot patched?

I believe the issue has been found. Hot patches aren't able to be done on xbox due to the way patches have to be approved by microsoft. Which is why the patch hasn't come out yet and also why patches will be at a slower rate than PC. Unfortunately there is not much we can do about that part :(

4 hours ago, Numba53 said:

Thanks for the response. Has the bug been found?/will it be hot patched?

as soon as the update comes out which is whenever microsoft approves it you will be able to see every server full or not and to make it even better any server you have already played on will be automatically bookmarked so you can find it even easier. you can then proceed with spamming the join button to get in if its full. As for the complaints of if its full and someone destroys my hard work and kills me the only solution is to get a good tribe with enough people to try and be on as much as possible so that doesn't happens they will never lock a server to just 70 people. Theres been more than 10 million consoles sold if even half those people get the game then thats five million people locked into 70 person servers thats a minimum of 71,429 servers if everyone only has one server. Come on guys lets be realistic here.

Please allow players to join a particular server were their friends are on instead of try to refresh the server or kept click to join server manually.

Official server at current stage is not enough to cover for the Xbox One preview players.  Can the server player limitation increase or because considering all the players in the same stop can create a lot of system hog?

Thanks