• Announcements

• Jatheish

Note for players regarding Ascension (please open terminal/tribute before ascending)   02/04/18

With the latest server update on PC (v276.493), if you're going to attempt ascension, before doing so please make sure you've opened a supply crate/transmitter/obelisk/ basically anything terminal/tribute inventories. It's a temp workaround to characters being lost when ascending whilst we're investigating character issues further.
    • Eli

Official PC: Hard Turret Limit begins on 18th of February at 1PM ET   02/16/18

On the 18th of February, at 1PM ET we will be enabling the hard turret limit on all PC Official Servers. This means that you will not be able to build over 100 turrets within a 10k unit radius. This will work on autoturrets, heavy turrets, tek turrets, plus plant turrets and is no longer map specific. The hard limit calculation is done on start-up, so if your turrets are ever over the limit, they will be randomly shut-off until you're under the limit. In order to restore shut off turrets, you must pick up any which exceed the number, as well as shut-off turrets and replace them in order for them to work.
Bassmurderer1

PS4 NEW UI text is too Small!! Especially in Co-op

I have not posted on the forums before but I signed up because the New UI is disheartening.  The text is so small that I cannot read anything on my 50" TV and when we try to play split screen player 2's hotbar drops below the viewable screen. 

I have the UI scale set at max. 

This is makes the game unplayable.

I was excited to tame a horse and effortlessly sort through menus but now I have a headache from squinting at the screen. 

Please Devs if you are listening increase the font size dramatically and quickly.  We cannot play our favorite game until you do. 

We aren't angry we are thankful that there is work being done on the game but disappointed that it has been rendered unplayable.

PS. When we both open our inventory player 2's player model switches to player one's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bassmurderer1 said:

I have not posted on the forums before but I signed up because the New UI is disheartening.  The text is so small that I cannot read anything on my 50" TV and when we try to play split screen player 2's hotbar drops below the viewable screen. 

I have the UI scale set at max. 

This is makes the game unplayable.

I was excited to tame a horse and effortlessly sort through menus but now I have a headache from squinting at the screen. 

Please Devs if you are listening increase the font size dramatically and quickly.  We cannot play our favorite game until you do. 

We aren't angry we are thankful that there is work being done on the game but disappointed that it has been rendered unplayable.

PS. When we both open our inventory player 2's player model switches to player one's

You're absolutely right the game is unplayable right now 

On 4/26/2017 at 10:53 PM, Casanova said:

We have heard the feedback and are fixing the issue. Thanks for posting!

Cassanova when do you think this will be fixed ? Can't believe it's been 5 months already since I posted in this thread. The text is absolutely too small (on Xbox one ) I have tried multiple tv and it just is a real pain to deal with , not to mention trying to read what an apprentice item say. I honestly think you should change the GUI back to how it used to be. It was so much better 

6 hours ago, erfulspace117 said:

Anybody want to tell me if ark PS4 is worth it?

Click spoiler for rant!

Spoiler

For primarly splitscreen, I would say no.

Small tether distance, terrible lag when you both open your inventories.

I actually bought another PS4 and now rent my own server through Nitrado just to play with my GF.

Also, being able to remove the trio of cancer dinos; Leed, ichyornis, and pegomastax; makes the game playable.

Ichyornis flys around you in circles while it rapes your stuff (at least now it dosent seem to make your items dissapear... Is cancer at lower levels still)

Pegomastax is just the stupidest design ever, how the hell is a dino going to grab an item from my inventory? Just dosent make sence / a pack of those will really mess up your day and make important items vanish, how fun!

Leeds are terrible too. I guarantee a whale would not eat a raptoring raft, sure make it really push it around a ton, but raptor them eating rafts. They almost fixed the ocean by removing the chain stun from eels (WHOEVER LET EELS CHAIN STUN IN THE FIRST PLACE MADE A TERRIBLE DECISION

There can still be risk without these 3 POS dinos

Only play officals if you want to play as part of a big tribe, not worth it for more casual / solo player to play on offical.

This got pretty ranty fast, I really enjoy the game still (a lot) but only without the trifecta of cancer dinosaurs, the improved rates, no tether distance, increased max level, and countless other changes to game settings you can only really make by hosting your own server / having two PS4's.

So yes, if you are on unoffical and not interested in splitscreen.

16 hours ago, lloydstar said:

just bought the game on ps4 and horrified to find the text is microscopic .. is this going to get sorted out at all ?

Lol they said they were aware of this and fixing it as of April 26, they are too busy working on paid DLC to work on splitscreen which is obviously not a big focus for WC.

I had been wanting to play ARK for a while and finally bought it yesterday on my PS4. The UI is awful. I have to stand three feet from the 55" screen in order to read much of the text. This is just not acceptable. If I could actually return the game I would. I don't care how fun it is, if the developers are this careless it's not worth the time.

Hi there, i am dissapointet with the Size of the text too. Bougth this game to play with my GF via Splitscreen on PS4 and its impossible, because you can*t read a thing in the inventory, even with max. Ui Scale. We both want to play the game but so there is no way.

@Admin please stand to you post from April and do something about it!

Agreed!  My husband and I are playing on the original version (without updates or patches) because the text is slightly larger. Still gives me headaches. I don’t understand why they’ve known about this issue for over a year and still won’t fix it.  I submitted a ticket regarding the issue, but it doesn’t seem like they care. 

Edited by Lilbunny