Bassmurderer1

PS4 NEW UI text is too Small!! Especially in Co-op

I had been wanting to play ARK for a while and finally bought it yesterday on my PS4. The UI is awful. I have to stand three feet from the 55" screen in order to read much of the text. This is just not acceptable. If I could actually return the game I would. I don't care how fun it is, if the developers are this careless it's not worth the time.

Hi there, i am dissapointet with the Size of the text too. Bougth this game to play with my GF via Splitscreen on PS4 and its impossible, because you can*t read a thing in the inventory, even with max. Ui Scale. We both want to play the game but so there is no way.

@Admin please stand to you post from April and do something about it!

Agreed!  My husband and I are playing on the original version (without updates or patches) because the text is slightly larger. Still gives me headaches. I don’t understand why they’ve known about this issue for over a year and still won’t fix it.  I submitted a ticket regarding the issue, but it doesn’t seem like they care. 

Edited by Lilbunny

I completely agree, my girlfriend and I have been trying to play this game together since it first came to PS4 for download as it was the one of the few games we were both really excited to play together but the UI is just unacceptable. Neither of us could see what we were doing when trying to craft and equip items and we have a very large TV to play on! Please please please fix this issue so we can play split screen together without getting migraines ! Split screen is largely ignored these days, please break this cycle!

completely agree, my girlfriend and I have been trying to play this game together since it first came to PS4 for download as it was the one of the few games we were both really excited to play together but the UI is just unacceptable. Neither of us could see what we were doing when trying to craft and equip items and we have a very large TV to play on! Please please please fix this issue so we can play split screen together without getting migraines ! Split screen is largely ignored these days, please break this cycle!

Posted (edited)

Hello! 

Created an account to agree to the post for small text for co-op, me and the fiance plays on a projector and still can't see anything. Will there be a fix for this because I would love to play your amazing game, but right now it's unplayable unfortunately! 

Can we get a confirmation that it will be fixed? 

Best regards Tommy

Edited by TommySoe
Miss spelling

Hi, I also signed up to press this issue. My husband and I love your game to the core. But we can not play without getting sore eyes and headaches due to small font. As parents of a little kid we can't spend our limited gaming time together leaning forward, pinching our eyes and avoiding to open the inventory. This is so frustrating. After every update we check just to be disappointed and continue not playing.

Could you please fix this or at least tell us, if and when it will be fixed? Thank you very much! We really appreciate the effort and creativity you put in this marvellous game.

Best regards, Luminara

The main reason I finally purchased this game is because I found out you could play local co-op on the ps4, tho like many others I found that the co-op UI issue makes the game extremely difficult to enjoy and near impossible to learn the game in the co-op format.  while I didn't have an issue with the UI  when I tried single player, I only purchased the game to play with my kid and would not have done so if I had known that the co-op was such a chore.  

hopefully it will be fixed eventually, tho I have my doubts judging from the time stamps on these prior post this has been an issue for quite some time. 

Hi everyone. 

Me and my brother have struggled with this issue too. We bought the game last August and loved it but found the small text made the game too difficult to play. We would get headaches and so frustrated when needing the other to double check we had read something right, only to find we hadn’t - that would result in arguments and stress and that’s completely the wrong result to get from playing a game with your brother! Eventually it got too much and we walked away.

Today we decided that it’s been ages and that we want to play the game again, and hoped that the text size would have been improved what with all of the updates released since August. But no! The text is the same! We’re so disappointed. We want to play this game and fall in love with it as it’s everything we want from a game but the text size is game breaking!

Please fix this soon. It’s inexcusable that such a major issue has gone unchanged for so long!

On 6/21/2018 at 5:21 PM, Disraeli said:

Hi everyone. 

Me and my brother have struggled with this issue too. We bought the game last August and loved it but found the small text made the game too difficult to play. We would get headaches and so frustrated when needing the other to double check we had read something right, only to find we hadn’t - that would result in arguments and stress and that’s completely the wrong result to get from playing a game with your brother! Eventually it got too much and we walked away.

Today we decided that it’s been ages and that we want to play the game again, and hoped that the text size would have been improved what with all of the updates released since August. But no! The text is the same! We’re so disappointed. We want to play this game and fall in love with it as it’s everything we want from a game but the text size is game breaking!

Please fix this soon. It’s inexcusable that such a major issue has gone unchanged for so long!

This is exactly the issue my fiance and I experienced playing couch coop, and this was a 55" TV...  I have to sit less than 5 feet away to see text clearly, even on single player sometimes.