Bassmurderer1

PS4 NEW UI text is too Small!! Especially in Co-op

I have not posted on the forums before but I signed up because the New UI is disheartening.  The text is so small that I cannot read anything on my 50" TV and when we try to play split screen player 2's hotbar drops below the viewable screen. 

I have the UI scale set at max. 

This is makes the game unplayable.

I was excited to tame a horse and effortlessly sort through menus but now I have a headache from squinting at the screen. 

Please Devs if you are listening increase the font size dramatically and quickly.  We cannot play our favorite game until you do. 

We aren't angry we are thankful that there is work being done on the game but disappointed that it has been rendered unplayable.

PS. When we both open our inventory player 2's player model switches to player one's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bassmurderer1 said:

I have not posted on the forums before but I signed up because the New UI is disheartening.  The text is so small that I cannot read anything on my 50" TV and when we try to play split screen player 2's hotbar drops below the viewable screen. 

I have the UI scale set at max. 

This is makes the game unplayable.

I was excited to tame a horse and effortlessly sort through menus but now I have a headache from squinting at the screen. 

Please Devs if you are listening increase the font size dramatically and quickly.  We cannot play our favorite game until you do. 

We aren't angry we are thankful that there is work being done on the game but disappointed that it has been rendered unplayable.

PS. When we both open our inventory player 2's player model switches to player one's

You're absolutely right the game is unplayable right now 

I was eagerly anticipating the update because I had hoped that the update would increase the font size on the UI.

I have not played since the April UI overhaul because it is too difficult to read and navigate the UI.

We love to play split screen and one of us has to sit in the chair pulled up directly in front of the TV to read the writing to the other.  That lasted about 20 minutes and since then we have not played but have missed it dearly. 

Please increase the font size, we cannot play while trying to squint at tiny blue letters and numbers.  

I was one of the biggest proponents of this game telling everyone to get it but the last two weeks I have told anyone who cares to wait until the font gets fixed in May, alas it did not.

Great game, but tiny font is a HUGE problem. 

Agreed, If a solution for this has been given please share. Or mayhap I am simply overlooking a setting to alter the size.  I sit in a recliner in a pretty large living room  ( about 15ft from the TV ) with a 60in TV and still have to lean forward sometimes to read when crafting items I don't make a lot.

6 hours ago, LimaD said:

disconnecting\ server problems are the number 1 reason this game does not make more money.

Source?

Everything I've looked at says different. Sold over 1 million copies on PS4 (not bad for it's first 6 months), made over $10 million (back in 2015).

Edited by RagedDrew

I'm really liking the new iu, but like you, I can't see the text very well. They just need to make the font a little larger and I think we'll all be happy :)

Side note: when a pet's inventory is empty, is there any way to add things without double tapping an item from our character's inventory or selecting 'transfer all'? I haven't been on since the new update to see if this has been adjusted yet. 

Another handy thing would be to be able to just click a button to transfer a full stack of something rather than just transfer all.

On 4/26/2017 at 10:53 PM, Casanova said:

We have heard the feedback and are fixing the issue. Thanks for posting!

Cassanova when do you think this will be fixed ? Can't believe it's been 5 months already since I posted in this thread. The text is absolutely too small (on Xbox one ) I have tried multiple tv and it just is a real pain to deal with , not to mention trying to read what an apprentice item say. I honestly think you should change the GUI back to how it used to be. It was so much better 

6 hours ago, erfulspace117 said:

Anybody want to tell me if ark PS4 is worth it?

Click spoiler for rant!

Spoiler

For primarly splitscreen, I would say no.

Small tether distance, terrible lag when you both open your inventories.

I actually bought another PS4 and now rent my own server through Nitrado just to play with my GF.

Also, being able to remove the trio of cancer dinos; Leed, ichyornis, and pegomastax; makes the game playable.

Ichyornis flys around you in circles while it rapes your stuff (at least now it dosent seem to make your items dissapear... Is cancer at lower levels still)

Pegomastax is just the stupidest design ever, how the hell is a dino going to grab an item from my inventory? Just dosent make sence / a pack of those will really mess up your day and make important items vanish, how fun!

Leeds are terrible too. I guarantee a whale would not eat a raptoring raft, sure make it really push it around a ton, but raptor them eating rafts. They almost fixed the ocean by removing the chain stun from eels (WHOEVER LET EELS CHAIN STUN IN THE FIRST PLACE MADE A TERRIBLE DECISION

There can still be risk without these 3 POS dinos

Only play officals if you want to play as part of a big tribe, not worth it for more casual / solo player to play on offical.

This got pretty ranty fast, I really enjoy the game still (a lot) but only without the trifecta of cancer dinosaurs, the improved rates, no tether distance, increased max level, and countless other changes to game settings you can only really make by hosting your own server / having two PS4's.

So yes, if you are on unoffical and not interested in splitscreen.

16 hours ago, lloydstar said:

just bought the game on ps4 and horrified to find the text is microscopic .. is this going to get sorted out at all ?

Lol they said they were aware of this and fixing it as of April 26, they are too busy working on paid DLC to work on splitscreen which is obviously not a big focus for WC.