PC v257 Update, Volcano Changes, & New Music Teasers!

Jen

Y don't u just kill ark for ur players like seriously the volcano update, that's where most people get all their metal without having to go around mountain to mountain looking for metal, and obsidian to. There is nothing wrong with volcano to the point where it needs change. I understand u want tother change up the island map a bit but this is not the way to go

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/1/2017 at 9:26 PM, Sirgonz said:

when this exploit gets out of hand and they refuse to fix it or wipe the messed up servers why would anyone start on an offical server.... they do not care about new players or they would have addressed this issue a while ago

What "Exploit"  An Exploit is something to be taken advantage of.  Slowing the birds down is not an exploit.  

4 hours ago, TurretedFever said:

Y don't u just kill ark for ur players like seriously the volcano update, that's where most people get all their metal without having to go around mountain to mountain looking for metal, and obsidian to. There is nothing wrong with volcano to the point where it needs change. I understand u want tother change up the island map a bit but this is not the way to go

You're complaining about resources being lessened when you have no idea if they are adding in resources elsewhere, or putting resources on another part of the volcano to make up for it, or hell, even adding more! 

5 hours ago, JonSnowNova said:

You're complaining about resources being lessened when you have no idea if they are adding in resources elsewhere, or putting resources on another part of the volcano to make up for it, or hell, even adding more! 

Well, according to the article that Joe linked the Volcano will still be a source of metal, you'll just need to be a lot more careful collecting it.  PVE will not be able to build on the summit itself, but PVP can although they take extra damage like in caves.  Interesting.

On Monday, May 01, 2017 at 6:56 PM, BudLite said:

The real object of wildcard is to get new people to buy the game.

I don't think you can know that that will be the only or main focus of Wildcard's business model.

There are many ways to generate revenue from an enduring and committed (addicted?) online community and a popular IP e.g. microtransactions for cosmetic items; regular expansion packs/dlc; subscription/hosting fees; mechandising; licensing IP rights; making sequels; or even making a new and unrelated game drawing on the skills, knowledge, backing, reputation, artwork and software they have generated.

I expect that they would indeed like to attract new players to Ark but I doubt very much they are putting all their eggs in only that basket.

56 minutes ago, Christo said:

I don't think you can know that that will be the only or main focus of Wildcard's business model.

There are many ways to generate revenue from an enduring and committed (addicted?) online community and a popular IP e.g. microtransactions for cosmetic items; regular expansion packs/dlc; mechandising; licensing IP rights; making sequels; or even making a new and unrelated game drawing on the skills, knowledge, backing, reputation, artwork and software they have generated.

I expect that they would indeed like to attract new players to Ark but I doubt very much they are putting all their eggs in only that basket.

If they are making unpopular changes that drive away their existing Early Access backers, they are sabotaging the recurring revenue from those players. So they actually ARE putting all their eggs into the new player basket.

Just not as a part of any kind of actual strategy lol. Engineering-driven changes /smh

2 hours ago, Milsurp said:

If they are making unpopular changes that drive away their existing Early Access backers, they are sabotaging the recurring revenue from those players. So they actually ARE putting all their eggs into the new player basket.

The important word in your first sentence is 'if', which you then forget about in your second sentence. Your subsequent presumption that the changes they are making are driving away substantial numbers of committed players is a convenient delusion; you cannot know that.

4 hours ago, Christo said:

There are many ways to generate revenue from an enduring and committed (addicted?) online community and a popular IP e.g. microtransactions for cosmetic items; regular expansion packs/dlc; subscription/hosting fees; mechandising; licensing IP rights; making sequels; or even making a new and unrelated game drawing on the skills, knowledge, backing, reputation, artwork and software they have generated.

From a purely business model, once a user has paid for the product, they are done. Unless you charge them for updates, "In game money such as GTA does with the Card Sharks" or additional add ons. there is nothing else to be gained from the user.  They purchased, they played, they got their money worth.  

The money that Wild Card is after is those who have not yet purchased the software.  The reviews from those who did and felt that it was a no win scenario because of the way it was stacked against newbies from more established players will greatly affect new sales.  (Remember, there are no "Old Sales" coming in.)

It is all about new players purchasing the software.  They are trying to find a happy medium for both.  It boils down to Future generated sales. Without it, there is no development.

In days gone by, customer loyalty was a big thing, the markets were smaller.  We are now a global market place and the "Dollar" is king and there are so many people available to sell to.  

Ark is a great game but If I cannot build, gather resources, enter the obelisks with my Dinos, gather enough food to feed them then what is the point of the game?

1 hour ago, Christo said:

The important word in your first sentence is 'if', which you then forget about in your second sentence. Your subsequent presumption that the changes they are making are driving away substantial numbers of committed players is a convenient delusion; you cannot know that.

So, Currently, I pay once for the game and nothing further.  

If the new sales drop because of reviews from other new users that the games is too heavily stacked.

Where is the new money going to come from?  Will you pay 40 dollars a month to play?

I believe the presumption is well founded based on current strategy.  I believe a well formulated hypothesis can be derived and concluded upon based on the current model.  

To speculate on anything else would be unfounded presumption.  

Archived