PC v257 Update, Volcano Changes, & New Music Teasers!

Jen

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BudLite said:

The real object of wildcard is to get new people to buy the game.  If it is impossible (Or next to impossible) to do anything as a new player then what is the point?  Reviews are posted about how it is useless to play because the existing tribes either pillar the place up so you can't build, or they block access to resources and Obs.  

You cannot stay in business and pay developers if no one is buying your game.  

Yes, It sucks starting at nothing and building your empire only to have it neutered as the pre release progresses.  But, for new sales and new users it will balance the field a bit so that they can work their way up too.  Playing PVE is hard enough, but to also have to battle the players as if it were PVP is very frustrating and can leave a bad taste in the mouth of many who would otherwise enjoy and recommend the game to others. 

when this exploit gets out of hand and they refuse to fix it or wipe the messed up servers why would anyone start on an offical server.... they do not care about new players or they would have addressed this issue a while ago

On 4/26/2017 at 8:13 PM, Hawkin said:

This giant turd of an update, no we're not enjoying it. The new interface is unintuitive and you did very little with it and half of what you did is bad. New Animals have no strategic value. Wyverns lost 15-20 levels for no reason. (even after spending the refunded speed points, I had a wyvern that hatched at 190, and was somehow not even 190) The flyer nerf was GROSSLY EXCESSIVE. Game is ruined at this point for many of us.

LOL was wondering when the shoe was going to drop for the rest of the player base.....cut my server down to 3 retired people who move slow anyways so they hate the nerf but are enduring it even if they do complain a LOT about it... I turned the dino stamina drain as low as I could and it still sucks.. can't imagine on official servers how dismal it is

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

my google tells me even from 2 days ago the volcano is going to erupt

I googled "ARK volcano eruption" and it was the first result on Google.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/04/29/ark-survival-evolveds-volcano-is-about-to-erupt-and-players-will-want-to-dive-in

1 minute ago, GP said:

I googled "ARK volcano eruption" and it was the first result on Google.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/04/29/ark-survival-evolveds-volcano-is-about-to-erupt-and-players-will-want-to-dive-in

meh. the title says its about to erupt but the article says only lava will fill the area

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thanks gp

I guess it's pretty safe to assume that nearly all of this stuff won't be seen for months/weeks if you play on the center?

No ascension, no explorer notes, none of the new tekgrams. Maaaybe soooome of the dinos, but probs not until that one guy adds it into the official dlc right?

Cool, nice. :P

Maybe re title the patch notes The Island patch notes, and have a separate one that's actually relevant at the time for us second class The Center dwellers.

13 hours ago, Sirgonz said:

LOL was wondering when the shoe was going to drop for the rest of the player base.....cut my server down to 3 retired people who move slow anyways so they hate the nerf but are enduring it even if they do complain a LOT about it... I turned the dino stamina drain as low as I could and it still sucks.. can't imagine on official servers how dismal it is

Bro... it is SUPER dismal... i can no longer stomach flying my quetz from the south to the volc for metal runs anymore, the last trip i did took literally 30 minutes. Now i just get little bits here an there, but i miss the amount that was achieved from the volc. The music is now gonna be the coolest thing about the game, the rest is sh#%. They made a sandbox game and now theyre forcing us to play how they want us to play it, not how we want to play, everyone has their own style of how they play the game, now we are all forced to play the same way.. good on ya devs ;) thumbs up on that one. Good music tho, the composer at least is doing a good job.

p.s. Please stop breaking the game.. just fix the bugs and flyers to how they were and release it already, it was fine the way it was. Ya keep messing with it and its just gonna keep getting worse.

Archived