PC v257 Update, Volcano Changes, & New Music Teasers!

Jen

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sandmanbakery said:

You are being petulant. I never said that. I said they 40 percent of players at last poll liked it. That's a big divide especially when you consider roughly 10 percent don't care. They got their feed back. And it looks like enough people like it that they will keep it. They adjusted for the majority but don't want to piss off the other 40 percent. 

that's 40% of those who bothered to answer the poll. I believe the actual percentage of tools and fanboys to be significantly lower. Petulant isn't the right word. More like jilted or jaded.

Also, I've asked his three times now. Will there still be resource spawns on the volcano?

Couple of questions. 

When hosting an ark for a friend, we have this wall that stops is from separating. Normally this would be ok, but when we are out exploring, and the host does, the other gets teleported back to base. Do we really need this wall? Isnt there a way to let players explore their worlds without needing them stuck by each other. And yes, I am aware there are public servers that let you, but those are all full with nowhere to build.

Also, any time there is an update, I lose all my bookmarks for arks. Every. Single. Time. 

15 minutes ago, Taco9879 said:

Couple of questions. 

When hosting an ark for a friend, we have this wall that stops is from separating. Normally this would be ok, but when we are out exploring, and the host does, the other gets teleported back to base. Do we really need this wall? Isnt there a way to let players explore their worlds without needing them stuck by each other. And yes, I am aware there are public servers that let you, but those are all full with nowhere to build.

Also, any time there is an update, I lose all my bookmarks for arks. Every. Single. Time. 

https://www.bluefangsolutions.com/shop/ark-survival-evolved/ my suggeestion to you is get your own private server. I've used these guys before.

10 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

I don't think that a lot of people will rage, because there's an indicator that something's gonna happen. After the redwood-change there weren't many people complaining as far as I remember.

In private serves, the outline this topic claims exists, doesn't exist.  I tried looking around volcano but saw none, and for some reason my anklo up there starved to death even though yesterday his food bar was 75%full and it takes more than a week to starve.

So people on private servers not paying attention may loose lots of things if they don't make this volcano outline show up for EVERYONE.

1 minute ago, Taco9879 said:

As I've already bought the game, it seems ridiculous to have to pay monthly to get what should have already been a feature. 

that's for a server that you can both connect to, rather than hosting it on your own machine for people to connect to. it doesn't rely on your own machine and connection.

On 4/26/2017 at 4:28 PM, Jen said:

Hey Survivors!

PC update v257 has been pushed back a few days with a new ETA of May 3rd. In combination with the patch needing more time in the oven (have you seen the patch notes? There is a ton of stuff in this patch!), we want to give players time to move their bases out of the volcano area. Console players take note too, as this change will eventually come to you as well.

In the next PC update, the volcano will be receiving an active remodelling which will consume anything in the vicinity. A client-side patch pushed out earlier today now includes these borders in your game so you can see the affected area. You are HIGHLY recommended to move out of the area before the v257 patch goes live.

large.pasted_image_at_2017_04_24_09_37_pm.png

We would also like to share some new ARK music with you all! Patch v257 will include over 20 new music tracks that are both per-biome and situational. Where do you think these three tracks will be used? Guess in the comments below!

We hope console Survivors are enjoying their new patch content today, and we'll see our PC Survivors next week with tons of new features including four new creatures, the TEK Cave & Volcano, Ascension, more UI overhaul, and more!

:Jerblove:

Where is the more ? You always give us a hint  but where is all the patch.. notes

You might want to update the Steam Patch notes Thread with the new date..... 

-Patch Notes- Current (v256.7) & Upcoming (v257, ETA: April 30)
Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v256.7

Upcoming Version: v257, ETA: April 30
- New Dino: Giant Bee
- New Dino: Daeodon
- New Dino: Liopleurodon
- New Dino: Kentrosaurus
- New Structure: Tek Cloning Chamber
- New Structure: Tek Megalodon Saddle
- New Structure: Tek Turret
- New Weapon: Tek Grenade
- TEK Cave & Volcano
- "Ascension" Game Progression
- More UI overhauls
- New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
- Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes
- 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational
- Full Gamepad input pass (i.e. console gamepad functionality)
[MORE NOTES TO COME]

Hi, in the Steam Forum I see this in the patch:

Full Gamepad input pass (i.e. console gamepad functionality)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/?l=spanish

But in this forum, I can't see it in the patch notes. Will it be included?

If so, how will it be? For example, same than PS4, or different?

Thanks!

23 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

I don't think that a lot of people will rage, because there's an indicator that something's gonna happen. After the redwood-change there weren't many people complaining as far as I remember.

Yup, it's the respawning resources. I lost some Ankylos and a Mammoth because of this, but there are several safe places - for now until the update comes out. ;) 

Haha I thought so :D

I wonder if my anky will be dead as soon the volcano erupts.

We lost only an anky and a trike so it's no biggie.

On 29.4.2017 at 5:24 AM, Sandmanbakery said:

They didn't know cus the game is still being MADE. This is an early access. Everyone seems to forget that. The only reason they let people play it is so they can get feed back and find glitches faster. And money i guess but that's what games are made for ;)

yeah, how long they are now early access? will they ever release? i don't think so...

do we need new music? no!

do we need new content? no!

i don't care about new content, music or UI, what we NEED is an optimization and a fix of your messed up bloated game! start fixing your bloated game please! there must be a huge memory leak, which lets framerates go down to maybe 50% of normal rate... it is unplayable at the moment.

21 minutes ago, iStephano said:

I think I read in PC gamer a interview with one of the devs the Volcano will not be active after all. If this is true, that's sucks big time.

You mean this article http://www.pcgamer.com/ark-patch-delayed-to-allow-players-time-to-relocate-their-volcano-bases/

That says it was delayed until May 3?

19 hours ago, Veritas1980 said:

that's 40% of those who bothered to answer the poll. I believe the actual percentage of tools and fanboys to be significantly lower. Petulant isn't the right word. More like jilted or jaded.

Also, I've asked his three times now. Will there still be resource spawns on the volcano?

Y'all also need to consider survivorship bias. Your total population is only those who didn't just friggen leave. The biggest tribes and longest-playing players of our server are gone because of the flyer nerf and apparent uncaring of Wildcard about anything but their "vision". We've lost well over half the population of the server now. If it wasn't still used for occasional streaming by the server owner, I would guess it would be shut down now.

So, how many of those players that left our server bother to come throw in their opinion so you can get good data? I did a search and found one comment by one player after the flyer nerf. One. Oh, and me b*tching from time to time. So that's two out of the entire server.

Yeah. That whole "approval numbers climbing" thing can be completely driven by survivorship bias. When people who don't like something leave, of course you're going to see higher approval percentages in the population that stays.

This does not mean you did something good by driving away players who were happy before your change. It actually means you did something bad and should reverse it to please the majority, not the minority. Pro tip there Wildcard, might want to write it down.

Archived