PC v257 Update, Volcano Changes, & New Music Teasers!

Jen

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, thedogowl said:

Settle down now, its only just May 5th in a lot of places!

EDIT;

Casanova [ Web & Video Producer ] tweeted
RT @arkjeremy: Targeting approximately 2pm ET deployment today (May 5) for ARK v257 release! <chugs a redbull/>

There it is!

Also, they updated the Patch thread at 7am ET:  v257, ETA May 5, 2pm ET Deployment

Of course, that could change if they run into any last minute issues.

Just now, Jerryn said:

Also, they updated the Patch thread at 7am ET:  v257, ETA May 5, 2pm ET Deployment

Of course, that could change if they run into any last minute issues.

As someone afraid of voids, I'm pretty keen on them making sure the massively deeper ocean on The Center doesn't have any bugs. They can take all the time in the world as long as I don't get trapped down there for some reason! *shudder*

Can someone give me a clarification to the patch note statement - Engram Tree REVAMP. Forced respec and Max Level set to 100 (before Ascension)! You won't lose your levels or experience, unless you were above 105 which you'll be reset to 100. 

If if level 105 is the top level how would someone be above that level?

If you were at level 101, will you be reset to level 100 also, but still retain the xp you gained to get to that point?

Thanks for anyone who can clarify this. 

Ben Raines

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, BenRaines said:

Can someone give me a clarification to the patch note statement - Engram Tree REVAMP. Forced respec and Max Level set to 100 (before Ascension)! You won't lose your levels or experience, unless you were above 105 which you'll be reset to 100. 

If if level 105 is the top level how would someone be above that level?

If you were at level 101, will you be reset to level 100 also, but still retain the xp you gained to get to that point?

Thanks for anyone who can clarify this. 

Ben Raines

I think it's just a mistake in wording, it basically means anyone above lvl 100, i.e. 101 to 105 will be reset to lvl 100.

The XP you will have gained if you went above 100 will be gone because there wouldn't be any point in it anyway.

5 hours ago, NukeZX said:

Steam patch notes signed by some person named Jeremy Drake Stieglitz clearly says it is still May 4.

I quote: "-Patch Notes- Current (v256.7) & Upcoming (v257, ETA: May 4)"

I get your point, it is ETA and then you still have different TZ times, but no need to put some into their place when multiple official sources WC uses say different patch dates/notes. It confuses players that actually can't wait to play.

edit: I run my own heavily modded Island map on our own private server for >1y atm, although I don't really play much anymore, and I will be missing out on this volcano update on the Island, are there any screenshots etc to show how it is gonna look/current progress other then that sketch?

Really curious.

I know Adam stated yesterday that the post on Steam is a tad unreliable, as this close to patch release, Jeremy becomes very busy. The Official response is that the Survive The Ark forum is the most reliable source for any changes to the release date.

WC I would like to thank you for the last to updates they have been so great that I am considering playing Conan Exiles more and more.  First last time it was the flyer nerf bad idea but most of us have gotten over it however this time your Engram/XP revamp screwed up unofficial server.  Where I was lvl 100 on my personal server I am now lvl 85 and capped there great work guys and another job well done.  Now could you tell me how to fix this or just fix it so I can lvl once again.

Archived