PC v257 Update, Volcano Changes, & New Music Teasers!

Jen

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GP said:

So basically you dont think there should be any changes at all ever to the Island map right?

Change is fine but I don't know why you let people build there when you knew in the future they wouldn't be able to. Unless you didn't know and that shows a lack of game planning which is worrisome.  BTW I like the volcano idea alot.

48 minutes ago, gigamonster said:

Change is fine but I don't know why you let people build there when you knew in the future they wouldn't be able to. Unless you didn't know and that shows a lack of game planning which is worrisome.  BTW I like the volcano idea alot.

They didn't know cus the game is still being MADE. This is an early access. Everyone seems to forget that. The only reason they let people play it is so they can get feed back and find glitches faster. And money i guess but that's what games are made for ;)

4 minutes ago, Sandmanbakery said:

They didn't know cus the game is still being MADE. This is an early access. Everyone seems to forget that. The only reason they let people play it is so they can get feed back and find glitches faster. And money i guess but that's what games are made for ;)

It's a volcano and they didnt know it was going to erupt?  How about the feedback on the flyer nerf? Cmon man you are not that stupid

I'm honestly happy with the nerf. No other Dino in the game could compare to flyers. There was no incentive to use anything outside of them at all. Now if you want to go somewhere get a gali or equus, trade ships might be a thing again instead of glitched quetz' delivering huge amounts of material in minutes. It reduces the reach of tribes which is a plus. I don't think ark was meant to be so accessible to small tribes. The game was meant to be played in large tribes. They are slowly moving towards that and trying to provide incentives for everyone to get together in bigger tribes. But anyway a lot of people have also expressed their understanding or even gratitude for the flyer nerf. Last estimate i heard was hovering around 40 percent like it. That's significant in an opinion poll.

1 hour ago, Sandmanbakery said:

I'm honestly happy with the nerf. No other Dino in the game could compare to flyers. There was no incentive to use anything outside of them at all. Now if you want to go somewhere get a gali or equus, trade ships might be a thing again instead of glitched quetz' delivering huge amounts of material in minutes. It reduces the reach of tribes which is a plus. I don't think ark was meant to be so accessible to small tribes. The game was meant to be played in large tribes. They are slowly moving towards that and trying to provide incentives for everyone to get together in bigger tribes. But anyway a lot of people have also expressed their understanding or even gratitude for the flyer nerf. Last estimate i heard was hovering around 40 percent like it. That's significant in an opinion poll.

So, because you like your land dinos, you don't care that everyone that doesn't share your option feels screwed. Have I accurately summarized your thoughts?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Sandmanbakery said:

I'm assuming that 'they' refers to Wildcard, to which the answer would be that it's not that they didn't know, but rather chose to let it be a buildable and harvestable area for players on the off-chance that they don't even apply their plans for the volcano rather than leave players unable to do anything with the area in perpetuity.

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Jen said:

PC update v25. 7 has been pushed back a few days with a new ETA of May 3rd. In combination with the patch needing more time in the oven (have you seen the patch notes? There is a ton of stuff in this patch!), we want to give players time to move their bases out of the volcano area. Console players take note too, as this change will eventually come to you as well.

In the next PC update, the volcano will be receiving an active remodelling which will consume anything in the vicinity. A client-side patch pushed out earlier today now includes these borders in your game so you can see the affected area. You are HIGHLY recommended to move out of the area before the v257 patch goes live.

large.pasted_image_at_2017_04_24_09_37_pm.png

Quick questionS: do the lines wrap all the way around or is it just that side Because i have a small stone storage and smelt structure in the left most part on the lowest lip its nothing worth keeping but i do have a Quetz Argy and a Tape stationed up there on the higher lip which they can easily be moved thier landing pad can also be redone but its on the border and barely clipping through on the very edge on the right hand side where after zooming on the picture i found some red Is the red possibe lava flow cause that would be freaking awesome :o

So, according to this post http://kotaku.com/ark-survival-evolveds-volcano-is-about-to-erupt-and-p-1794757706?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow we will not get a volcanic eruption anymore? I was really looking forward to having some enviromental dangers like Scorched Earth has. This really is a bummer :(

9 hours ago, Vas said:

Can't wait to see how many people rage quit May 3rd because they didn't read the forums or the warnings and all that and find out their uber volcano bases have been destoyed.

I don't think that a lot of people will rage, because there's an indicator that something's gonna happen. After the redwood-change there weren't many people complaining as far as I remember.

4 hours ago, Ruhira said:

Can't wait for it !! :Jerblove:

I'm super excited and thank god I'm off from work on the 3rd haha :P

My anky glitched under the volcano which is alright, but I wonder if he's gonna die.

I noticed that rock spawn will glitch your dinos I guess?

Yup, it's the respawning resources. I lost some Ankylos and a Mammoth because of this, but there are several safe places - for now until the update comes out. ;) 

9 hours ago, Veritas1980 said:

So, because you like your land dinos, you don't care that everyone that doesn't share your option feels screwed. Have I accurately summarized your thoughts?

You are being petulant. I never said that. I said they 40 percent of players at last poll liked it. That's a big divide especially when you consider roughly 10 percent don't care. They got their feed back. And it looks like enough people like it that they will keep it. They adjusted for the majority but don't want to piss off the other 40 percent. 

6 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

I'm assuming that 'they' refers to Wildcard, to which the answer would be that it's not that they didn't know, but rather chose to let it be a buildable and harvestable area for players on the off-chance that they don't even apply their plans for the volcano rather than leave players unable to do anything with the area in perpetuity.

Let's say you're building an entertainment park. You aren't quite done with some of the rides and plan to change them in the future, but you have people who want to pay to ride the rides now. You get the go ahead from corporate and you let the people in. People ride the volcano ride and once you are ready to change it you tell them to get off while you make the changes. Similar to the roller coaster in this analogy people will complain about anything they think is unfair, but in the end once the park is fully functional they will appreciate the grand scheme of things. The pARK ;) has had changed before to its rides and every one has come with complaints. If you do not like playing an early access which will change and be rebalanced to create Wild Cards ultimate end goal then don't play until official release. You are helping them beta test the game. 

Archived