PC v257 Update, Volcano Changes, & New Music Teasers!

Jen

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jen said:

Hey Survivors!

PC update v257 has been pushed back a few days with a new ETA of May 3rd. In combination with the patch needing more time in the oven (have you seen the patch notes? There is a ton of stuff in this patch!), we want to give players time to move their bases out of the volcano area. Console players take note too, as this change will eventually come to you as well.

In the next PC update, the volcano will be receiving an active remodelling which will consume anything in the vicinity. A client-side patch pushed out earlier today now includes these borders in your game so you can see the affected area. You are HIGHLY recommended to move out of the area before the v257 patch goes live.

large.pasted_image_at_2017_04_24_09_37_pm.png

We would also like to share some new ARK music with you all! Patch v257 will include over 20 new music tracks that are both per-biome and situational. Where do you think these three tracks will be used? Guess in the comments below!

We hope console Survivors are enjoying their new patch content today, and we'll see our PC Survivors next week with tons of new features including four new creatures, the TEK Cave & Volcano, Ascension, more UI overhaul, and more!

:Jerblove:

@Jen you are awesome. Your posts are golden. And I am pretty sure the console players are enjoying it

1 hour ago, Hawkin said:

This giant turd of an update, no we're not enjoying it. The new interface is unintuitive and you did very little with it and half of what you did is bad. New Animals have no strategic value. Wyverns lost 15-20 levels for no reason. (even after spending the refunded speed points, I had a wyvern that hatched at 190, and was somehow not even 190) The flyer nerf was GROSSLY EXCESSIVE. Game is ruined at this point for many of us.

Huge giant turd of an update. Loved my argy but now it's a joke. Lost levels on my wyvern and it was only 100 speed as I never leveled it up. Have no idea why you listened to a few crybaby pvp players who couldn't deal with fliers the way they were. How about listen to the majority who hate the nerf!!  Thinking about getting my money back from psn cause hell wildcard has thier money made already so they don't care.

45 minutes ago, Naecabon said:

Take all of your music. Your main intro, your holiday themes, the center music, all of it.

Add in these 20 new tracks.

Make an album called "The Sound of ARK: Survival Evolved" or something and put it on iTunes for like $9.99

I'd buy it.

It's coming, but only when everything is 'done', done. The music going into v257 is absolutely not final. (and I hope, that's a good thing).

5 minutes ago, gigamonster said:

Huge giant turd of an update. Loved my argy but now it's a joke. Lost levels on my wyvern and it was only 100 speed as I never leveled it up. Have no idea why you listened to a few crybaby pvp players who couldn't deal with fliers the way they were. How about listen to the majority who hate the nerf!!  Thinking about getting my money back from psn cause hell wildcard has thier money made already so they don't care.

Omg ???? I am almost crying here. You and the guy you quoted made my day.

bit as far as this pc update goes, I actually like the idea of the volcano erupting. It will definitely change things up a bit on the island map

Gareth Coker is a musical genius.
The fact that the original score always finds its way into each mix is amazing and gives me goosebumps every time. Just like my favorite fighting game soundtrack, Killer Instinct, you can always find a hint of the main theme in most of the tracks.

And we have 20 of these new tracks coming this patch. Oh my lord, have mercy.

3 minutes ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Gareth Coker is a musical genius.
The fact that the original score always finds its way into each mix is amazing and gives me goosebumps every time. Just like my favorite fighting game soundtrack, Killer Instinct, you can always find a hint of the main theme in most of the tracks.

And we have 20 of these new tracks coming this patch. Oh my lord, have mercy.

And before final release, all of those 'new' tracks will be getting at least 1 more pass by me. It's still 'early access', and that includes music :).  Thank you for your very kind words!

9 hours ago, Jen said:

Hey Survivors!

PC update v257 has been pushed back a few days with a new ETA of May 3rd. In combination with the patch needing more time in the oven (have you seen the patch notes? There is a ton of stuff in this patch!), we want to give players time to move their bases out of the volcano area. Console players take note too, as this change will eventually come to you as well.

In the next PC update, the volcano will be receiving an active remodelling which will consume anything in the vicinity. A client-side patch pushed out earlier today now includes these borders in your game so you can see the affected area. You are HIGHLY recommended to move out of the area before the v257 patch goes live.

large.pasted_image_at_2017_04_24_09_37_pm.png

We would also like to share some new ARK music with you all! Patch v257 will include over 20 new music tracks that are both per-biome and situational. Where do you think these three tracks will be used? Guess in the comments below!

We hope console Survivors are enjoying their new patch content today, and we'll see our PC Survivors next week with tons of new features including four new creatures, the TEK Cave & Volcano, Ascension, more UI overhaul, and more!

:Jerblove:

I'm gonna say 1 is space 2 is hell and 3 is credits lol but seriously they all sound awesome :) I'm just anxious to find out what our implants are for.

10 hours ago, FrostyX said:

Are you guys done adding new stuff to the game? I'm saying this because I'm ready for performance updates. I'm not sure if I can tolerate this lag anymore over here on Xbox. 

I second this.

I can't enjoy the game with all of the lag anymore. 

I've gotten down to just logging in to refresh timers and feed my dinos, paying any longer than this is miserable.

3 minutes ago, jaythedogg said:

I second this.

I can't enjoy the game with all of the lag anymore. 

I've gotten down to just logging in to refresh timers and feed my dinos, paying any longer than this is miserable.

well i cant argue, i gotta update my cpu in order too make this game smoother was hoping that the 20% performance on heacy structure would help but did fak all  tbh xD and i cant afford a 970+ or a new cpu like a 6100 6 core

7 hours ago, Hawkin said:

This giant turd of an update, no we're not enjoying it. The new interface is unintuitive and you did very little with it and half of what you did is bad. New Animals have no strategic value. Wyverns lost 15-20 levels for no reason. (even after spending the refunded speed points, I had a wyvern that hatched at 190, and was somehow not even 190) The flyer nerf was GROSSLY EXCESSIVE. Game is ruined at this point for many of us.

I'm not too sold on the UI myself, not sure it works on console (although I may just need time to get used to it) plus there are definitely some poor colour choices that need to be fixed.

Your wyverns haven't lost any meaningful levels - they've just had the natural speed levels removed, so you've only "lost" those - you've lost nothing other than the number you see displayed on the creature has changed.

Archived