PC v257 Update, Volcano Changes, & New Music Teasers!

Jen

Hey Survivors!

PC update v257 has been pushed back a few days with a new ETA of May 4th. In combination with the patch needing more time in the oven (have you seen the patch notes? There is a ton of stuff in this patch!), we want to give players time to move their bases out of the volcano area. Console players take note too, as this change will eventually come to you as well.

In the next PC update, the volcano will be receiving an active remodelling which will consume anything in the vicinity. A client-side patch pushed out earlier today now includes these borders in your game so you can see the affected area. You are HIGHLY recommended to move out of the area before the v257 patch goes live.

large.pasted_image_at_2017_04_24_09_37_pm.png

We would also like to share some new ARK music with you all! Patch v257 will include over 20 new music tracks that are both per-biome and situational. Where do you think these three tracks will be used? Guess in the comments below!

We hope console Survivors are enjoying their new patch content today, and we'll see our PC Survivors next week with tons of new features including four new creatures, the TEK Cave & Volcano, Ascension, more UI overhaul, and more!

:Jerblove:

UPDATE: Date has changed to May 4th, but here's another track to keep you grooving until then.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jen said:

Hey Survivors!

PC update v257 has been pushed back a few days with a new ETA of May 3rd. In combination with the patch needing more time in the oven (have you seen the patch notes? There is a ton of stuff in this patch!), we want to give players time to move their bases out of the volcano area. Console players take note too, as this change will eventually come to you as well.

In the next PC update, the volcano will be receiving an active remodelling which will consume anything in the vicinity. A client-side patch pushed out earlier today now includes these borders in your game so you can see the affected area. You are HIGHLY recommended to move out of the area before the v257 patch goes live.

large.pasted_image_at_2017_04_24_09_37_pm.png

We would also like to share some new ARK music with you all! Patch v257 will include over 20 new music tracks that are both per-biome and situational. Where do you think these three tracks will be used? Guess in the comments below!

We hope console Survivors are enjoying their new patch content today, and we'll see our PC Survivors next week with tons of new features including four new creatures, the TEK Cave & Volcano, Ascension, more UI overhaul, and more!

3rd one love it

As far for the 1st track, sounds more like the futuristic part of ARK, I'm assuming its going to be a whole new Biome Related to Tek teir, either the Tek Cave is going to be the Biome. or the Cave will Be a gateway to  a new Tek Biome where a Tribute pedestal will be located to summon the Last boss (IMO) Ascension related.

2nd Track feels more battle situated, in the TEK cave battle music, Though it sounds way more cinematic, than a regular generic soundtrack being attacked by a raptor, so therefore
my true Opinion is this song relates to like all the other Bosses have their own Epic soundtrack therefore the second track could be related for the Last boss .... (All three are really good btw :D)

3rd. Feels more like a nostalgic Primitive Ark Soundtrack, could be used for Prim+, or maybe a new ARK, Maybe Oceanic related little islands and all ocean . Just like SE when they had the Egyptian soundtrack incorporated with ARK soundtrack, I don't know what to think, definitely sounds intriguing.

Whatever they may be used for is all fine, I'm so glad to hear/See new stuff coming form you all and as like every survivor WE are ready to tame the new content you throw at us :) 

Looking forward to the volcano update.

I agree with Voidmaster. The first track sounds like it'd be used in a cave. The second sounds like it'd be used for a boss battle.

However, the third one sounds more like a title track, used when the game launches. The last 20 seconds of the clip even carry over a bit of the existing theme.

Just now, rororoxor said:

Care to tell us where this music will be used?

Jen said to guess :P My guesses are:
1- Tek Cave, like everyone else said
2- Obviously some kind of battle music, possibly the final boss or a redux of the Dragon?
3- I'm torn. Again, it actually sounds kind of like battle music, so possibly a Broodmother or Megapithecus redux

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

Jen said to guess :P My guesses are:
1- Tek Cave, like everyone else said
2- Obviously some kind of battle music, possibly the final boss or a redux of the Dragon?
3- I'm torn. Again, it actually sounds kind of like battle music, so possibly a Broodmother or Megapithecus redux

Number 2 sounds like a night ambush theme...maybe troodon or purlovia attack? Or maybe onyc swarm?

Love #2 and #3. Those are really awesome. I would love if the sound people would please show some love to the T-Rex and the wolves. The T-Rex walking and eating are like nails being scratched across a chalk board and the wolves just sound super wimpy. The raptors don't hardly have any sound at all now. Not even footsteps. When I am riding my T-Rex I have to turn my sound way down because it's super annoying. I hope they will fix that.  

First seems to be a cave. But enough people seem to have that idea already.

Second - I'm getting a little Manticore here... something to do with SE?

Third - I'm thinking jungle. Perhaps jungle combat?

To add to that...

This adds the one thing ARK was missing-awesome music everywhere! (It's like fitting in an important Jigsaw puzzle piece!)

PPS

I just noticed that on this post, it says MORE THAN 20 new tracks. The other says 15. (Yay! Bonus!)

4 hours ago, Jen said:

We hope console Survivors are enjoying their new patch content today, 

This giant turd of an update, no we're not enjoying it. The new interface is unintuitive and you did very little with it and half of what you did is bad. New Animals have no strategic value. Wyverns lost 15-20 levels for no reason. (even after spending the refunded speed points, I had a wyvern that hatched at 190, and was somehow not even 190) The flyer nerf was GROSSLY EXCESSIVE. Game is ruined at this point for many of us.

Archived