Giga Hatch Melee

loafinator11

So for wild tames, what sort of melee damage range can be expected? One of our lvl 145 (pre-taming) Gigas has 205% base melee damage post-tame (no leveling), which seems pretty good compared to some others I've seen. Is that at the higher end of the range for fresh tames? 

We bred her to another Giga that was lvl 145 pre-tame with 18,200 HP< and now have a breeding set of twins with those stats. No mutations yet... just getting started. 

• 2 weeks later...

Totally GM spawned ;) why do you think the legacy cluster was separated hmm? Because of GM spawned dino xD an now offical let's say I lose 5 giga from a bug GM spawns 5 giga 150 tames **209 after spawn in so who's to say they don't get insane melee after spawn in I've been on game\breeding along time I've seen with my own eyes GM spawn dinos having op stats^^

1 hour ago, JackpotMonkey said:

no dev spawning involved in getting that melee its just mutations, you get +10% melee per mut (and 20% on double muts) so while time consuming 425 is about average for low to mid teir tribes

Lol 10% of a let's say 250 base melee would be 25 damage per mutation the math doesn't add up.. just sayin;)

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2019 at 7:43 AM, LoonyDragon76 said:

455 base melee on my giga. Haven't been able to get another and popping eggs like crazy.,

That's so crazy . I tamed 150s and have gotten a mutation on their offspring, and their base melee is only 210. I can use it to take out wild Gigas, Titanosaurs, I could only imagine what 455 base melee could accomplish. 

Not sure why it won't format correctly, but yes 205% melee is really damn good. It is in the 93rd percentile of wild 145 Gigas if my calculations are correct

On 5/3/2019 at 10:54 AM, DeHammer said:

So for wild tames, what sort of melee damage range can be expected? One of our lvl 145 (pre-taming) Gigas has 205% base melee damage post-tame (no leveling), which seems pretty good compared to some others I've seen. Is that at the higher end of the range for fresh tames? 

We bred her to another Giga that was lvl 145 pre-tame with 18,200 HP< and now have a breeding set of twins with those stats. No mutations yet... just getting started. 

Edit: please delete. I can't seem to delete it myself

On 5/3/2019 at 10:54 AM, DeHammer said:

On 5/15/2019 at 6:14 AM, Lycan187u said:

Totally GM spawned ;) why do you think the legacy cluster was separated hmm? Because of GM spawned dino xD an now offical let's say I lose 5 giga from a bug GM spawns 5 giga 150 tames **209 after spawn in so who's to say they don't get insane melee after spawn in I've been on game\breeding along time I've seen with my own eyes GM spawn dinos having op stats^^

This is a classic example of misinformation.

First of all, not GM spawned. The bulk of giga mutations you will find on the new pve servers today can be traced back to a Trader named Ambrose who (luckily enough) tamed a 285% base melee from their Centre map.

Second of all, legacy cluster was separated due to the official release of the game, no matter the amount of glitched/duped items or dinos. The official release was always going to have separate servers. The contention was whether to rip the band aid off and get rid of legacy altogether, or to gradually fade them off. While I wish it was the former, the latter is what happened.

Lastly, while it's true that GM's spawn in dinos for players who have unfairly lost dinos. Where you are wrong is that the highest level they can spawn in is 150. There is no 209 after spawn. I have personally had a Wyvern and an Achatina spawned in for me that were above 150 at birth/tame. And all I got as a replacement was level 150's.

However, all of this only pertains to the new PvE servers. While playing on legacy I too had heard of and seen dinos with OP stats spawned in by GM's. In fact that's where one of the most OP rex lines came from. On the new servers though, they are much more strict.

56 minutes ago, DarkSpace383 said:

Glad I found this thread I know it's pretty old but has some recent replays. I was wondering if there was higher then the 415's I just popped on my legacy server. So mine are pretty good though the guy that said he got 455 base is insane. Wish mine popped at 455 lol.

The highest I have personally seen is 525%. However the highest that you can buy right now on the market is 505%.

• 5 weeks later...

the rexs on legacy werent spawn in for anyone, devs had spawned level 1000 rexs testing bosses (remember legacy was where they were testing a lot of things) and they forgot to despawn them after they were done, eventually they became claimable, the level 451 cap was introduced to try to eliminate them but inventive breeders had already bred most stats down to 0.

as far as that god roll on a giga... while its possible i know how those gigas got those good rolls like that back in legacy pvp, i had a clean 290 base melee it was tamed but not really legit nor was it gm spawned. and to the best of my knowledge the method still works though its much harder to pull off, i have no interest in going into detail though.

Archived