How to build without foundation support?

Flay

Hello my English is not very good, I'm sorry.

Teach us who knows how to build without foundation support?

I was on the same server, alas forgot the number. And saw on the red obelisk a man built a cell cage for the Rex. Approximately 20 to 20 celling.
Moreover, only the first line was the foundations. All the rest were ceilings in the air.

This structure had no support in the water. There were also no pillars that hold this building. Several pillars were installed at the corners of the building on the ceilings themselves and it was visible along the circumference of the thin foundations for the fence installed also on these ceilings.

This method was once used in the construction on Quetz, when the pillars simply floated in the air and turrets were mounted on them.

I found something similar: https://youtu.be/LVFCbPXEnaM?t=2m44с
But a slightly different method was used here. It is not reliable. I'm afraid the building will just crumble after restarting the server: D

Who knows how to do this please tell me :Jerbcry:

You can build ceilings 2 tiles away from a foundation before you need another foundation to continue. It's likely that there were foundations underwater allowing them to achieve that type of build.

Pillars are used to create a snap point on the ground to allow a foundation to be placed in such a way that you can continue using ceilings.

Without seeing it I can't explain fully.

12 minutes ago, booned said:

You can build ceilings 2 tiles away from a foundation before you need another foundation to continue. It's likely that there were foundations underwater allowing them to achieve that type of build.

Pillars are used to create a snap point on the ground to allow a foundation to be placed in such a way that you can continue using ceilings.

Without seeing it I can't explain fully.

no. I checked, no support in the water.
I'm inclined that somehow you can fix a pillar and small foundation - which will provide support for the ceilings.

Alas, I do not remember the server, it was last week. If once again I'll get there when I trade I'll necessarily make a screenshot.

Like booned said without seeing it it's difficult to explain how he did it, but like he said it's probably a bunch of foundations or pillar/ceilings underwater that are connected to the first line of foundations or something.

About the youtube video you've put up it shouldn't be possible to build in the air like that anymore without at least one structure connecting to a foundation on the ground, the video you've shown is something that I think has been fixed a while ago.

Just now, Maedean Shepard said:

Like booned said without seeing it it's difficult to explain how he did it, but like he said it's probably a bunch of foundations or pillar/ceilings underwater that are connected to the first line of foundations or something.

About the youtube video you've put up it shouldn't be possible to build in the air like that anymore without at least one structure connecting to a foundation on the ground, the video you've shown is something that I think has been fixed a while ago.

I understand what you are talking about. Alas, as I wrote above - no, this is not a method of building the foundation below and the main base at the top.

I just did not need to, I did not learn it thoroughly. But now me need to build a box without a floor.

Just if someone knows how to do it, tell me in PM :)

I've seen people build pillarless bridges, very high up, by just laying foundations in the water. Floating bridges that we'd use to go from south tropical island on the center to the snow biome some distance away. Pve official. Therefore I'm sssuming there's foundations in the water or somewhere underneath the spot that seems to have no foundation support. 

I repeat - there is no support in the water :)

As a simple example:
We build 1 foundation and 2 ceiling aside.
3 the ceiling, we can not place because the foundation only affects 2 cells.

This limitation can be bypassed, it should look like this:
1 foundation. From him to one side is 4 ceiling.
On the 3rd and 4th ceiling, 1 pillar and 1-2 thin foundations were built.
It's on the ceiling, not under it!

The bottom line is that you can somehow block the pillar in the air and it will be considered a support.
The question is in what order it should be built, so that the remaining pillar remains to fly and not collapsed.

2 minutes ago, Flay said:

I repeat - there is no support in the water :)

As a simple example:
We build 1 foundation and 2 ceiling aside.
3 the ceiling, we can not place because the foundation only affects 2 cells.

This limitation can be bypassed, it should look like this:
1 foundation. From him to one side is 4 ceiling.
On the 3rd and 4th ceiling, 1 pillar and 1-2 thin foundations were built.
It's on the ceiling, not under it!

The bottom line is that you can somehow block the pillar in the air and it will be considered a support.
The question is in what order it should be built, so that the remaining pillar remains to fly and not collapsed.

I think what we all need is for you to take some screenshots of it all and show us here.

Well in that case I don't think anyone will be of any help, cause the building "bug" you're referring to shouldn't exist anymore. Was something that occured over a year ago I think building hovering in the air because of pillars in the ceilings, but now as soon as the base pillar is destroyed (then one on the ground) the rest should collapse.

Archived