flyer nerf

Stopsions13

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean about "how bad"? Do you mean "how badly is it going to affect me, a console player?" or do you mean "once the patch is out, how bad is the reaction going to be from the console base"? You can see a reference example of the speeds here to get an idea. This probably helps a bit with both questions though?!:

half the xbox servers are low pop or dead anyway, so I can't wait for people to quit after this patch and then hopefully it will force them into a server wipe and reduce the amount of servers.

The patch is going to sting, but honestly, it was needed, if you hate the nerf then you are the type of person it was intended for :)

Surely wyverns are less less useful, the stamina get a huge decreased, special attacks are many many cheaper, if you before will shoot like 30 times while flying, now after 5 shoots you really need already recover stamina. You will end really quick the stamina while you are on the ground too. Air combats doesn't exist anymore. Wildcard nerf is too much big, they can't expect that even a single player will agree this update. 

It's a over nurf really, I was happy to hear they was going to balance the flyers and bring ground mounts back into it more, How ever it is to much, Some of my wyvens can do two attacks before having to land and like all lost so many points from 270ish to 220 big drop and only have 6 points to put in it.

My war quetzal i only ever stacked for HP sitting at around 45k and log on after patch to see it only has 20k now. also lost health on my war bronto and other things.

Yes flying mounts needed to be balanced out a little more but this was for sure a really bad idea and nerf. I feel you will lose many players as you have already lost a good 40ish people that i use to play with due to this.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, YUSHOETMI said:

half the xbox servers are low pop or dead anyway, so I can't wait for people to quit after this patch and then hopefully it will force them into a server wipe and reduce the amount of servers.

The patch is going to sting, but honestly, it was needed, if you hate the nerf then you are the type of person it was intended for :)

So your saying because I and every other person who has spent hours upon hours breeding excellent mutated birds deserve to have all our hard work flushed down the crapper because u cant handle pvp?Just wondering is all.

... Except it isn't, because the reasons for the dino balancing (that isn't even finished, btw) apply to ALL game modes.

As for bred dino's being affected? Well, yeah I had it happen too and it's not fun - but the game isn't finished yet, what did we expect? Wildcard to just release the remaining dossier creatures and push the game out as shipped? Honestly, it's like people can't comprehend the concept of early access, or don't want to.

Omfg... the nerf happened across the board because flyers were poop near used at most times for everything.  They made most other tames obsolete and were vastly superior in most instances. This nerf was a long time coming for pvp and pve. For those playing on pc dedicated, you can mod yourself outta it. Xbox1 and ps4 people who don't play officials will most likely get an option to revert it as well,  as Jat has already stated they want to give those people options, it just won't happen now because all hands are on deck for getting this game to full release. Official server people, live with it, game is in development,  you signed up for this. 

I understand completley the game will change at the drop off a hat for better or worse but doesent the opionions of the players come into the mix at all?And i think you misunderstand free will.lol.NO ONE was forced to use flyers.EVER.No one had to.We all choose to and we allso got to choose how stupidly fast we could make them.Having that aspect of the game removed is what i think pisses people off most.Being able to play the game however you wanted.But pve being affected wasnt a good move.

13 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Omfg... the nerf happened across the board because flyers were poop near used at most times for everything.  They made most other tames obsolete and were vastly superior in most instances. This nerf was a long time coming for pvp and pve. For those playing on pc dedicated, you can mod yourself outta it. Xbox1 and ps4 people who don't play officials will most likely get an option to revert it as well,  as Jat has already stated they want to give those people options, it just won't happen now because all hands are on deck for getting this game to full release. Official server people, live with it, game is in development,  you signed up for this. 

Ah, you're right, how silly of me. I oft forget how much I love diving for silica pearls using my quetz.
Or that time I harvested metal using my pteranodon using it's barrel rolling ability.
Oh, and I can't tell you how much I loved collecting berries using my argent. It really is an underrated berry picker.

Yea, this nerf was a "long time coming" but this was purely centered around pvp, and it should have STAYED on pvp.

3 minutes ago, UGGTHEGREAT said:

I understand completley the game will change at the drop off a hat for better or worse but doesent the opionions of the players come into the mix at all?And i think you misunderstand free will.lol.NO ONE was forced to use flyers.EVER.No one had to.We all choose to and we allso got to choose how stupidly fast we could make them.Having that aspect of the game removed is what i think pisses people off most.Being able to play the game however you wanted.But pve being affected wasnt a good move.

They only matter if you say "Yes, i love it" to everything they do, and don't mind kissing a bit of ass,

3 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Ah, you're right, how silly of me. I oft forget how much I love diving for silica pearls using my quetz.
Or that time I harvested metal using my pteranodon using it's barrel rolling ability.
Oh, and I can't tell you how much I loved collecting berries using my argent. It really is an underrated berry picker.

Yea, this nerf was a "long time coming" but this was purely centered around pvp, and it should have STAYED on pvp.

Not quite what he meant. That comment was more directed towards things like my wife and I using two perfect tame PTERAS to KILL AN ALPHA REX. That was in PVE. Does that seem balanced to you, even from a PVE perspective?

Heck, during the fight, our pteras were so fast and had so much health that my health bar never dropped more than a quarter of the way. And these were tames, not bred pteras.

9 hours ago, UGGTHEGREAT said:

So your saying because I and every other person who has spent hours upon hours breeding excellent mutated birds deserve to have all our hard work flushed down the crapper because u cant handle pvp?Just wondering is all.

9 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

That's precisely it.

Show me where I said I can't handle PvP and I'll give you a cookie. 

I have played since day 1 and always exclusively PvP, with a bit of solo for testing out new aspects of the game, I have been a solid member of 2 large alpha tribes and a leader of another. One server we was on from the start I personally bred most Dinos as nobod else would put out the time needed, the entire server literally tasked me for breeding, at a cost so to speak, I was there when the melee nerf hit and watched tribe members kill dinos i had spent weeks/months on breeding, just because the melee had been drastically hit.  

I rarely play as much now so haven't got into the new breeding mechanics. 

My point is this nerf isn't the first of its kind, the melee nerf was just as drastic as the flyer nerf, many complained, many threatened to quit, but still the game went on and people adapted, the same will and has already happened now. 

You aren't a special snowflake and regardless of how long you've spent breeding pixels on a screen the game is subject to change at any moment the devs see fit. Deal with it and adapt. 

And also don't assume somebody's motive or reasoning for an opinion, It has nothing to do with my ability to "handle" PvP, I can assure you that isn't in question, it's about the direction of the game to make it better

9 hours ago, UGGTHEGREAT said:

9 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Both wrong again and glaringly ignorant. The devs have even commented saying that the nerf was needed more for PvE than PvP, everybody got a max game flyer and circumvented the entire need for survival, ignoring most, not all, of the land dinos for air tames. 

What did you use to transport your ank for the metal runs? A quetz, did it ever get off the back of it? Probably not. 

What did you use for alpha hunting/raids(PvP applicable)? Most likely a Ptera. When a Ptera or Argie can fly around the map without stopping there is a problem. When a Ptera can fly so quick that turrets neither notice it or the base doesn't render then there is a problem. They was broke, now they're on the way to being fixed, shame the same can't be said about your mentality 

Archived