flyer nerf

Stopsions13

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gigamonster said:

Fliers need to have speed just like a rex has teeth and a fish has gills. Doesn't make sense without. I've argued like crazy that the nerf should have been different. Pteras don't need to attack or carry a 2nd item.  Argys shouldn't take out rexs or packs of allos. Quetz shouldnt haul rexs or 1000's of pounds metal.  

I agree 100% my brother. It is absolutely terrible we cannot customize flyer speed at all. I understand a speed nerf but I don't understand a complete stat lockout. And all the people who play unofficial still have the flyers the way they were while all of us who play official get slow birds and silence. It truly sucks balls.

A lvl 5 goes the same speed as a 150!!! Complete insanity.

6 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Haters always gonna hate. 

If you spent less time complaining and more time getting used too the nerf you'd reaslise your arguments are invalid. 

just because you get used to it doesnt mean it was neccessary, valid, let alone "a good thing",  

were you to eat poop everyday, youd get used to that aswell,

this problem is far from over, and we will make em hear it whereever we can,

Just now, rawsh said:

just because you get used to it doesnt mean it was neccessary, valid, let alone "a good thing",  

Just because you can't get used to it or adapt doesn't make your arguments against any less idiotic and valid either. 

How dare those naughty devs take THEIR game in a direction that doesn't conform to your views, did they not know you know better than them? Hold on I'll email them to show them the error of their ways. Maybe they'll fix it for you. 

Are you speaking from experience there on the poop part?

Just now, YUSHOETMI said:

Just because you can't get used to it or adapt doesn't make your arguments against any less idiotic and valid either. 

How dare those naughty devs take THEIR game in a direction that doesn't conform to your views, did they not know you know better than them? Hold on I'll email them to show them the error of their ways. Maybe they'll fix it for you. 

Are you speaking from experience there on the poop part?

great, good thing some people arent just whiteknighting for devs that cant defend/explain themselfes,... oh wait,

also the fact that you immediatly  get personal, shows me why you really write here, to troll, good day.

7 minutes ago, rawsh said:

great, good thing some people arent just whiteknighting for devs that cant defend/explain themselfes,... oh wait,

also the fact that you immediatly  get personal, shows me why you really write here, to troll, good day.

I'm not trolling, my patience for the constant whinging of the "please give me my superfast jet fighters back or I'll leave" camp is at an all time low, they never listen and give moronic arguments as to why it should never happen as if they know what's best for a game they probably picked up a few month ago.  I enjoy creatively mocking them for it, not trolling. 

1 minute ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I'm not trolling, my patience for the constant whinging of the "please give me my superfast jet fighters back or I'll leave" camp is at an all time low, they never listen and give moronic arguments as to why it should never happen as if they know what's best for a game the probably picked up a few month ago.  I enjoy creatively mocking them for it, not trolling. 

thats still just trolling to be fair, 

if you are pissed off by it, dont open the threads clearly labled "flyer nerf",  also people who "just picked up the game" mostly wouldnt care since they havent known and worked with the old flyers for hundrets or thousands of hours,  also the amount of people calling for "a totall rollback" of the flyer nerf, is fairly slim,

most people are instead waiting for the announced MK3, in the hopes of gettin a little more workable stamina and speed on some of the more elaborate to tame/breed flyers, aswell as a restat on the existing flyers, if you had spent your time actually reading the concerns in those threads you "hate" youd know this tho...

5 minutes ago, rawsh said:

thats still just trolling to be fair, 

if you are pissed off by it, dont open the threads clearly labled "flyer nerf",  also people who "just picked up the game" mostly wouldnt care since they havent known and worked with the old flyers for hundrets or thousands of hours,  also the amount of people calling for "a totall rollback" of the flyer nerf, is fairly slim,

most people are instead waiting for the announced MK3, in the hopes of gettin a little more workable stamina and speed on some of the more elaborate to tame/breed flyers, aswell as a restat on the existing flyers, if you had spent your time actually reading the concerns in those threads you "hate" youd know this tho...

I know :)

i have read all the concerns, multiple times, since the dawn of the great unfair flyer nerf to now, it's the same thing all the time. Somebody has realised their flyers now aren't as fast as they once was and that they simply just cannot adapt, they demand answers, but refuse to listen to anything other than their point no matter how flawed it is. 

How many times has "I'm pissed it affected PvE when it was a PvP nerf" been stated?

or "I never only used flyers, I used tonnes of land dinos too, like the ankylo, doed and mammoth, that's like 100% of the land dinos there so you're wrong" argument been thrown around?

if people are eagerly waiting v3 then why don't they just play the game and shut up till then? Instead of more and more threads popping up? Banging fists and spitting out dummies.

also, there are a few people in this thread I've noticed in other threads state quite clearly they have only played the game since PS4 release or even more recent, they're the ones who are making the most noise, despite not having the game for little more than a few month. 

but refuse to listen to anything other than their point no matter how flawed it is. 

like what?,that you are fine with it so everybody else should be too?, because it was stated multiple times this is not the final form, and the nerf is very much still subject to change,

How many times has "I'm pissed it affected PvE when it was a PvP nerf" been stated?

wich is a natural reaction if the only explanation why this happened was "skipping content"/"skipping challenge"  wich hasnt changed at all, because enforcing challenge on PvE long term is a illusion, 

6 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

or "I never only used flyers, I used tonnes of land dinos too, like the ankylo, doed and mammoth, that's like 100% of the land dinos there so you're wrong" argument been thrown around?

and when will this be satisfactory   when you use 100% of existing dinos?, because as far as i can see the nerf has caused most people on our server to just stop every flyer that they dont need really bad (quetz) and use thylas and beds for everything instead, so  before frequently used flyers like Tape, Argent, wyvern have switched places with 1 ground dino. VARIETY!,

if people are eagerly waiting v3 then why don't they just play the game and shut up till then? Instead of more and more threads popping up? Banging fists and spitting out dummies.

we do, and occationally we write to give feedback, cause like it or not, every single one of those "crythreads" offers way more in the ways of feedback than just trolling people who are genuinely pissed,

12 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

also, there are a few people in this thread I've noticed in other threads state quite clearly they have only played the game since PS4 release or even more recent, they're the ones who are making the most noise, despite not having the game for little more than a few month. 

jeah there is also a few people i notice on every thread that voices concerns, all THOSE people do is troll, despite not helping AT ALL

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, gigamonster said:

Fliers need to have speed just like a rex has teeth and a fish has gills. Doesn't make sense without. I've argued like crazy that the nerf should have been different. Pteras don't need to attack or carry a 2nd item.  Argys shouldn't take out rexs or packs of allos. Quetz shouldnt haul rexs or 1000's of pounds metal.  

Flyers just need to be able to get aloft, speed has literally no bearing on their ability to fly.

Just now, TheBanditKing said:

Flyers are still in game, its just as easy for me to flyer over the danger buddy. It just takes a lot more time get from point A to point B and I can no longer customize my birds.

So because the only thing you can't change is speed, now you can't customize your birds??? 

Did they make it to where you can't add points into anything anymore? Because then you wouldn't be able to customize.

they took away one of many options. Still very customizable 

6 hours ago, rawsh said:

He probably plays on unofficial with the flyer mod...

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

So because the only thing you can't change is speed, now you can't customize your birds??? 

Did they make it to where you can't add points into anything anymore? Because then you wouldn't be able to customize.

they took away one of many options. Still very customizable 

Yes, they took away speed and now all birds will never ever go faster than a lvl 5. Which is ridiculous. And customization of flyers is a shell of the greatness it once was. There is no good reason they couldn't allow small incrememental levels in speed and even introduce a hard cap that is not the base speed. I'd be ok with that much. I know max speed needed a nerf but they gave us a communist stat lock.

Let me first say I love ground dinos. My problem is with all the giant bases and fences my path looks like a family circus comic. Not to mention the lag when you get around these bases. I hope this doesn't come off as whiny I still like this game, this is just something that should have been handled before the nerf came. As is I can't even get to the swamps without flying into it because of fences. 

18 minutes ago, TheBanditKing said:

Yes, they took away speed and now all birds will never ever go faster than a lvl 5. Which is ridiculous. And customization of flyers is a shell of the greatness it once was. There is no good reason they couldn't allow small incrememental levels in speed and even introduce a hard cap that is not the base speed. I'd be ok with that much. I know max speed needed a nerf but they gave us a communist stat lock.

And v3 will be coming. But yes it is not the main priority. I get it, they are slow. I don't argue that fact. I argue the fact that people call birds useless or pointless now. Or when someone says they are not customizable anymore. 

Tue original nerf was bad. This is v2 which is better. V3 will be even better. The sad thing is people will probably still not be happy even after v3 so why should it be a priority.

and I am not someone who cares about balance or fairness or any of the usual stuff. It just needed to happen

8 hours ago, Slash78 said:

Flyers = Coddling = Easy Mode

Too bad you can't and won't see it.  

Ok lmao.  Babies need protection otherwise there wouldn't have been so much crying.  The bad birdie hurt my feelings daddy, make them slow so I can seem to think fast.  If it was so bad, why you all still play the game?  Seems Pve really liked playing thier own way.  Just saying and kidding around at the same time.  Keep baby proofing the game and those that want nerftopia will love it forever.  Until someone or something else wins the day and it's right back to this crying and telling others they have to follow the nerf train or leave.  Hmm sounds like no fun at all.  I'm for choice, choosing nerfstyle or none would've been great.  Don't cry it's only an opinion.

Archived