fanfiction Need some help with writing.

Snapshot

Check out some of the existing stories for ideas and writing styles. I base mine of game play mechanics and some of the things that happened unexpectedly. Example, Thieve's Island dropping my player on top of a mountain far inland instead of by the sea and finding a wild Equus nearby, but nothing else.

Don't be afraid to add fictitious elements to your story as many of us writers are doing. I added the intelligent wyverns that eventually allied themselves with a tribe. This is from a highly revised story of The Ark Adventure Continues.

Example; Electra is a young lightning wyvern character in that story. Red Alpha, an alpha fire wyvern that had been badly treated by humans that captured her in the past.

Chapter 17. The Nomads.

With being resupplied by the wyverns and all threats to us and our tames removed from the surrounding area, we have been freed to conduct a complete survey of this abandoned city. Red Alpha and Electra want to take Michael and I to explore a part of Ark that none of them have ever been to. Dr Sanders, Professor Narcy, and Caroline tell us to go ahead and have a good time. Most interesting of all, Red Alpha has asked me to fly on her. She has a ton of questions she wants to ask me about my relationship with Electra. Electra has asked Michael to fly on her. She has a bunch of questions to ask him about Red Alpha. Why do I have this feeling those two had planned this out ahead of time?

We take off heading Northwest towards a mountain range across from the Dune Desert. We find that the force field is no longer in effect. That confirms the fact that we are on an alien planet and no longer in a simulator.

“Is Electra your tame?” ask Red Alpha.

“No,” I answer. “Like you with Michael, I found her in need of my help. She was hiding in the dome ruins, badly hurt, and so afraid of what was going to happen to her next.”

“The pain from the shackle was driving me insane the day Electra suggested that humans didn't appear to be so evil and I should ask for their help. I got so angry after Sleeper fell from the sky that I wanted to kill her.”

“After talking with her last evening, I'm so glad that I wasn't successful. She really likes you.”

“I know,” I answer. “We have become so close since the day I first saw her in need. I really like her. She's been so fascinating to be with.”

“I'm so happy for the both of you.” answers Red Alpha.

“When I fell into your Argy Pen, the pain was so bad that I was begging Michael to kill me. I'm so glad that he didn't. Do you know why he was staring at me like that when he got off his Argy and we made eye contact?”

“He saw that look of agony in your eye and had a flashback from the Vietnam War.” I answer. “Fifty years ago, he lost one of his best friends to a terrible combat accident. Like you, his friend was in so much pain that he was begging to be killed. His team did everything they could to save him and relieve the pain, but, in spite of their best efforts, he still died in total agony while en route to a field hospital. In spite of how scared we were of you, Michael became determined that we had to save you. His wife supported his decision. The rest of us joined in with total disregard to our own safety.”

“Thank you.” answers Red Alpha. “In spite of how frightened I was of you and your tribe, I'm so glad that I decided to take a chance that you humans could help me. I wish now that I had done so much sooner.”

“I'm still wondering if The Keepers had planned this all along,” I answer. “Without the wyvern milk, and super test meat I found in that strange loot crate, I would have never been able to help Electra recover from her ordeal. Without her, the outcome could have been a disaster for us all. Without the key and the shock lance to knock you out, I don't know how we could have removed that shackle from your leg.”

“I'm so glad that you had them,” answers Red Alpha. “It was such a relief to be rid of that awful thing. You humans have been so kind to me. I really like you and Michael.”

“I'm so glad how things have worked out the way they did,” I answer. “We were dreading the day when we would first find each other. We were so sure it was going to be a violent confrontation. Becoming friends with you has been such an unexpected pleasure.”

“There must be something else The Keepers have planned for us,” answers Red Alpha. “They asked us to take you two to the mountains ahead.

"We may soon find out," I answer. "I see a settlement up ahead."

Hello. I don't really post much on here but I do pop on here every now and again to post on my dossier and story page. Honestly, you gotta know what you want with it. A fan fiction is a story that's based off something you're a fan of, whether it's a movie, video game or someone else's story, so there is some lines to follow. But that doesn't mean that those lines can't be broken. Ark's lore is very mysterious and empty and can therefore open so many opportunities for a plot. You just gotta choose what path you want to take. Whether it's a band of troubled survivors trying to escape (like mine) or it's just some survivors trying to keep their tribe alive. I've had a friend who was going to make his own ark fan fiction of my fan fiction that was heavily based on how the ark became to be and how it started. Just because ark's lore is empty, that doesn't mean that you're forced to fill in the gaps. I'm a lore fanatic so I like to add as much as I can to make everything feel alive, but I still like stories that also have little to no lore as it brings in the mysteries and you can make your own theories on how a certain part in the story went down or how it will go down. 

But like all of your English teachers tell you on how to write a narrative. First you gotta require your plot, then you need your beginning, middle and end. 

IMO you want your beginning to start with a bang otherwise you'll bore your readers pretty quick. 

Once you got your main points, that's when you can start branching off and editing and fixing plot holes here and there. It's like making a puzzle. Work everything out so it all fits.

little tip; make sure that ALL of the reader's questions are answered in the book. 

so if you leave in a little teaser or little hint of what's going to happen later in book in the first few pages, you must make sure that it follows up in the end. 

Thats all i can think of right now. If you have anymore questions, I'll eventually come back to you xD;) 

Exactly. (Some additions added to the clip taken from the current adventure for clarity.)

“There is a scroll, a key ring with several skeleton keys, and an old journal inside,” announces Michael as he opens the old chest they have found in the cave. He takes out the scroll, opens it up, and studies the drawings on it. “It's a map of this place,” he announces. “It is called Thieves Island. Here is the basin where Halsey's camp is. Here's the hill we found ourselves on. Here is that valley we traveled through. All the floating islands are mapped along with those outskirt islands we are seeing to the East. There are more ruins marked along with markers for other caves.”

“So, there is no pirate's treasure in that chest.” ask Mickey.

“Actually, something more valuable then treasure,” answers Mary. “We now have a map and a journal which may give us clues as to why we are here and how we can get back home.”

"What are these keys for?" ask Michael.

"I have no idea," answers Mary. "We should keep them just in case we find something that needs them."

Archived