Boss fight armor

BobRoss

Hello everyone,

im preparing Armor and weapons for the upcoming boss fights and i have a question.

right now i have 2 blueprints for lets say a riot chestpiece. one is ascendant and one is MC. 

the ascendant one has 500 armor and 600 durability

the MC one has 450 armor and 500 durability

my question is, is it worth it to create the ascendant one? it costs 2 times as much as the MC one and i need to make about 10 full sets of riotgear so in the end it would be a costly investment.

furthermore, any tips for going into these fights? we're planning on bringing 20 bred rexes with 5-10 people riding/shooting to the broodmother. what is the best thing to do? let the rexes fight her and shoot from a distance or ride them and not use player weapons?

any real difference in strategy for the other bosses?

Here is my video for Hard Brood for example :) I took Riot but it was only because I was using it when I jumped servers to join the fight ^_^. Most bosses you will either use rex's so you don't get hit personally. Others you will position yourself in ways where they cannot hit you :D

Enjoy that polymer for other items :D!

Our run there was close but only because some factors did not go in our favour as well as no imprint riders and all low melee ^_^

3 minutes ago, CrackIsWhack said:

because riot is waaay to expansive to use it for that

either use ghili or flak with high dura for dragon

ok thanks, and why ghillie? just for the temperature?

2 minutes ago, Jonopeo said:

Yes the risks don't justify making riot gear :)

ok thanks so going in naked for the brood then? or with some flak just in case?

how about guns? which guns would you use for what fights? or no guns and just riding the dinos? 

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

Because if boss hits you directly then you are screwed anyway. You wont have time to apply DPS and little spiders will make sure you are webbed 100% of the time. That is if you survive attacks from the boss.

ok thanks for clearing that up, i want to ask you the same question i asked the person above. what would you suggest for the bosses? which bosses would you do on rexes, which bosses with guns/bow? 

@BobRoss I would use Rex's for all but Ape, that you can use guns and I'm more than happy to take you on a run to show you how to do even Hard with ease. You will need a high damage Fab Pistol or Assault Rifle or Compound bow. Compound bow is best but most expensive. Fab pistol is least effective.

Add me on steam and I can help you further :)

10 minutes ago, Jonopeo said:

Here is my video for Hard Brood for example :) I took Riot but it was only because I was using it when I jumped servers to join the fight ^_^. Most bosses you will either use rex's so you don't get hit personally. Others you will position yourself in ways where they cannot hit you :D

Enjoy that polymer for other items :D!

Our run there was close but only because some factors did not go in our favour as well as no imprint riders and all low melee ^_^

i watched the video, the boss isnt fighting back, is that the stuck thing i keep hearing about? how do you go about doing that? 

1 minute ago, Jonopeo said:

@BobRoss I would use Rex's for all but Ape, that you can use guns and I'm more than happy to take you on a run to show you how to do even Hard with ease. You will need a high damage Fab Pistol or Assault Rifle or Compound bow. Compound bow is best but most expensive. Fab pistol is least effective.

i will add you, i have found an ASC compound bow bp yesterday, so i can make a couple of those, i think i have a MC assault rifle BP and asc fabby pistol bp aswell. what would you suggest using for the ape? 

1 minute ago, CrackIsWhack said:

with ghili + cactus brew you can abuse the aggro mechanic to a certain extend. just try it out in sp

spider -> naked only rexes

monkey -> fur + guns

dragon -> secret i guess? people dont really share it that open (sure, here and there a vid)

for the monkey, no tames at all? not even turtles for tanking? ive watched a ledge video of people shooting it without being in danger. is that the way to go?

1 minute ago, Jonopeo said:

I would use Rex's for all but Ape, that you can use guns and I'm more than happy to take you on a run to show you how to do even Hard with ease. You will need a high damage Fab Pistol or Assault Rifle or Compound bow. Compound bow is best but most expensive. Fab pistol is least effective.

Btw, have you tried to get BM stuck with rexes and then "surf" rexes and unload your guns? You would have had more DPS that way reducing the chance to fail on the time.

7 minutes ago, CrackIsWhack said:

and whoever said compond bows are the best, i have no idea why people think that.

cheap monkey kill -> pre nerf pistol

quick boss kill -> ar

compound bow only ignores armor and is expensive af. so i have no idea why people use it on bosses, which have no armor

I personally use fab pistol to be honest

Just now, Jonopeo said:

Yes :) I mean Ascendant doesn't mean much because of the damage differentiations. I'd say anything above 200% is fine :)

ok thanks, ill add you on steam for some further questions.

so for now i have:

BM easy - med - hard: naked (or flak) with 5-10 people and 20 bred rexes (pref imprinted)

APE easy - med - hard: fur (does quality matter?) with 5-10 people using fabby pistols above 200% dmg no dinos

Dragon easy - med - hard: ghillie (best quality?)/cactus broth (what for exactly? what aggro?) with 5-10 people riding the same rexes as BM.

does this sum it up?

For dragon (easy/medium) we use compound bows. Damage depends on the amount of people going. 4 people with 200% for easy mode (can be done probably with lower dmg but you will use more arrows).

Medium mode - 7 People with 230% min dmg compounds. Used 170 arrows each (more or less) and we still had 9 mins left. 

Hard mode is another language. You need to get a full party for that. If you use compounds you gotta have top dmg like 280% or so. These are expensive AF. Other methods are available but we are using the safest one where no one gets hitted or involved directly with the boss. Also shooting has to be spot on. You need to make sure you shoot only when its fully loaded to inflict the best available damage. Timing is key as when practicing we improved and in the same amount of time we managed to shoot approx. 30 more arrows.

I am personally using chest and pants MC/ASC and the rest is primitive ghilie. That is more than enough.

For brood, the key is to get it stuck. If you wont - gonna be a havoc unless it's easy mode. Armor is not important as you won't take direct hits.

I would prefer to go easy mode first for spider kills (use full time and let it spawn them) to level Rexes.

On Monkey we still don't have the most favourite tactic and we are still trying new things.

Hope it helps.

1 hour ago, Putyte said:

For dragon (easy/medium) we use compound bows. Damage depends on the amount of people going. 4 people with 200% for easy mode (can be done probably with lower dmg but you will use more arrows).

Medium mode - 7 People with 230% min dmg compounds. Used 170 arrows each (more or less) and we still had 9 mins left. 

Hard mode is another language. You need to get a full party for that. If you use compounds you gotta have top dmg like 280% or so. These are expensive AF. Other methods are available but we are using the safest one where no one gets hitted or involved directly with the boss. Also shooting has to be spot on. You need to make sure you shoot only when its fully loaded to inflict the best available damage. Timing is key as when practicing we improved and in the same amount of time we managed to shoot approx. 30 more arrows.

I am personally using chest and pants MC/ASC and the rest is primitive ghilie. That is more than enough.

For brood, the key is to get it stuck. If you wont - gonna be a havoc unless it's easy mode. Armor is not important as you won't take direct hits.

I would prefer to go easy mode first for spider kills (use full time and let it spawn them) to level Rexes.

On Monkey we still don't have the most favourite tactic and we are still trying new things.

Hope it helps.

gee thanks thats alot of helpful info, is it by any chance possible for any of you to record a dragon fight? doesnt matter which difficulty i just want to see what you do to not get hit.

the ghillie, what purpose does it serve? is it for camo or just because of the heat? or both?

why do you prefer compound bows over pistols? arent they alot more expensive to mass craft? especially the arrows?

Archived